• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War: Judgement - final boxart

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
lock if old

gow_judgment_emea_pegi_2d_fob_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

Orange and blue - check
The main protagonist (a white 30-something dude + a woman and a black man in the background) - check
Sparks from fire/explosion - check
Frown on faces (a woman and a black dude look like they're having an orgasm) - check

While you can say that DUDE THIS IS GEARS OF WAR PEOPLE LOVE THIS I somehow imagine how an average dude strolls into some retail chain, sees the boxart and just thinks that he has played this game already and goes further to buy something else.

And then we have declining retail sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Awful but effective insofar that it plainly states "This is Gears of War, a shooter".

typo? lol

Edit: "In British English, the spelling judgment is correct when referring to a court's or judge's formal ruling, whereas the spelling judgement is used for other meanings."

Huh.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks okay, nothing special.

Can we retire the term "dudebro" already? It was beyond ridiculous when it was coined, now it just sounds sort of pathetic.

Moofers

I'm more interested in the back panel. It had better say "Featuring the return of Horde Mode now better than ever!"

subversus

Looks okay, nothing special.

Can we retire the term "dudebro" already? It was beyond ridiculous when it was coined, now it just sounds sort of pathetic.

I agree, should have gone with "an average dude". Will fix that.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So many themes of the game that I don't get or the boxart ain't making blatantly clear. Who are they fighting? Where is Marcus? Where are the Locust? Where is Marcus? Where are all the weapons I've come to love? It says nothing about mutliplayer. Where's the boxquote saying that it has multiplayer`? Where is Marcus?

TheDanger

Banned

You do know that Gaffers made a game called Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
PAL wins again.

If that is the final boxart.

boxart_eur_gears-of-war-judgment.jpg

farnham

Banned
Incredibly stale series. Gears 1 was a real stunning game that meant something. It was actually new from a gameplay point of view (killswitch and re4 aside) and the enemies felt like worthy foes.

Gears two was more of the same only that the locust were weak.

Gears three was the same again. I felt nothing when that one character in the game reached a certain critical point. I was surprised how empty i felt. And i cared about him in the first game too.

gaming_noob

Incredibly stale series. Gears 1 was a real stunning game that meant something. It was actually new from a gameplay point of view (killswitch and re4 aside) and the enemies felt like worthy foes.

Gears two was more of the same only that the locust were weak.

Gears three was the same again. I felt nothing when that one character in the game reached a certain critical point. I was surprised how empty i felt. And i cared about him in the first game too.

People Can Fly (who made Bulletstorm) is also involved in Gears Judgment, so hopefully they added some unique gameplay in there.

subversus

This is a lot better.

Mainstream audiences (who, for some reason still may not know that Gears is a shooter) wouldn't know what type of game it is from that cover though.

well, at least they would actually take a box and look at the back. Not just pass by.

Ein Bear

I'm kind of surprised that Baird is front and centre, with tiny Cole in the back. I don't really know much about the Gears fanbase, but I thought Cole would be the better liked character.

Top Bottom