• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

m0t0k1

I can put one together later if Shun doesn't want to make it!

I am alright with that. Not gonna play the game anytime soon but interested in your experiences with the game. Its also okay to just talk about the game here since it will get a lot of beserk jokes and best idol talk. On the main bords.

m0t0k1

Gonna miss Shun's all-Japanese OT idea, tho. Unless whoever's gonna make the thread will go on with it, of course.

depends on if shun wants to do it let's just wait and see let the guys duke it out :p

Also the clipping is real.
clippingxha0m.jpg

kollapse

Neo Member
The new training/lesson system is kinda meh. Moves dice on a floating book thing.

Is that for all lessons? If so, super disappointing. I've only played IM@S2, so apologies if it changed in OFA, but for whatever reason I liked the dance training mini game (voice too).

DiGiKerot

Is that for all lessons? If so, super disappointing. I've only played IM@S2, so apologies if it changed in OFA, but for whatever reason I liked the dance training mini game (voice too).

Nah, it's only for a specific type of event under the publicity and lesson menu. I've not played enough to see everything in there, but there's at the very least a simple memory game in there as well.

kollapse

Neo Member
Nah, it's only for a specific type of event under the publicity and lesson menu. I've not played enough to see everything in there, but there's at the very least a simple memory game in there as well.

Ah okay cool. Are the general impressions on the new gameplay systems for the Lives positive? I have been trying to stay away from coverage, but I recall there being initially talk about making it closer to more traditional rhythm games.

Accoun

So far I've also seen a make-up memorization minigame, so no - there's not only that.

Although I can't really watch much, so I haven't even seen the dice thing and have no idea what does it do, lol.

[EDIT]
Too late. Oh well... :-|

Stuart444

PV = Dice game, the middle activity that costs 2000 yen (forget what it's called) = dice, the cosmetics lesson (one that says コスメ) = memory game. (remember what is on the squares, choose the one(s) that you're asked to choose)

This is for the level 1 ones, I've not unlocked any higher level activities yet.

the live stuff is fun though but I did fail my first one. Failed 3 or 4 times before I gave up.

It was an All Star SP live where we choose 3 songs that get sung, etc. If you fail though you have to retry all 3 of them so yeah, gave up after enough fails where I knew I wasn't going to get it tonight.

Still it's very fun so far, I'm enjoying the game. But I do miss the old style activities from IM@S2.

Shun

Good morning, I just made this just now will this suffice as the OT makeshift? If so I will post it.

Uh someone else can do korea or chinese post to go with this.

english what is english, platinum stars is not english.

Gonna miss Shun's all-Japanese OT idea, tho. Unless whoever's gonna make the thread will go on with it, of course.

I got it up

kollapse

Neo Member
PV = Dice game, the middle activity that costs 2000 yen (forget what it's called) = dice, the cosmetics lesson (one that says コスメ) = memory game. (remember what is on the squares, choose the one(s) that you're asked to choose)

This is for the level 1 ones, I've not unlocked any higher level activities yet.

the live stuff is fun though but I did fail my first one. Failed 3 or 4 times before I gave up.

It was an All Star SP live where we choose 3 songs that get sung, etc. If you fail though you have to retry all 3 of them so yeah, gave up after enough fails where I knew I wasn't going to get it tonight.

Still it's very fun so far, I'm enjoying the game. But I do miss the old style activities from IM@S2.

Gotcha, thanks! Can't wait for this to arrive.

Edit: Wait, is that just the promo material in the OT?

StayDead

任せておけ。
俺がやってやる!

Shun's already done one. That works for me.

Shun

so it is okay that I post this and we discuss there.

staydead I will have to wait for the post to refresh to post again so can you make a first post small english summary comment.

I will add more stuff to it later like the lawson collab and other promos I made the OT in like 30 minutes.

also anyone know chinese or korean mind as well since this game is not going to be english.

StayDead

so it is okay that I post this and we discuss there.

staydead I will have to wait for the post to refresh to post again so can you make a first post small english summary comment.

I will add more stuff to it later like the lawson collab and other promos I made the OT in like 30 minutes.

also anyone know chinese or korean mind as well since this game is not going to be english.

Wait, what is this I'm doing? What do you want me to write in the summary?

はっきり言わないならば、空気は違うかもしれないよな(笑)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Typing in English isn't a high standard.

The problem here is instead of coming across as a joke, it just comes across as being a huge prick.

If the whole thing was in English including the Q&A of "Q: is is available in English A: tittering_idol_twins.gif" no one would have cared.

FedEx isn't delivering my copy until Monday now, can't say I'm too upset though after having watched a fair amount of it being streamed. Looks like they've made it even more shallow than OFA was, turning the stage performances into a rhythm game has removed any remaining amount of strategy you had to use to beat rivals - now it's just "get a full combo" and "have enough appeal" to beat each event.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to watch some idol stuff. How and where can I do that? And also, as someone with zero Japanese ability, are any of the games playable and enjoyable in the US?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I want to watch some idol stuff. How and where can I do that? And also, as someone with zero Japanese ability, are any of the games playable and enjoyable in the US?
You can watch Cinderella Girl on Daisuki: http://www.daisuki.net/gb/en/anime/detail.TheIdolMasterCG.html

Crunchyroll has the original show, but it's not available in all regions.

The easiest game to play currently is Starlight Stage, though it's region locked so you'll need something like QooApp to install it. It's just a rhythm game similar to Love Live School Idol Festival.

Stuart444

Right now I'm hating the Rank up Fests. Still not passed the first one. Having to redo all 3 songs one after the other is annoying. That combined with some health issues really is demoralizing. :/

Gonna take a break and maybe later or tomorrow, try leveling up someone else and see if that helps a bit.

On the positive side, I finally beat the All Star Live that unlocks Happy! ^_^

m0t0k1

I also suggest watching the Original 2011 Idolmaster series before CG. Because i liked that one better and there are some really really minor references to that in Cinderella girls. There is also a Movie and Ova but those aren't on any legal channels i believe? Last time i checked Daisuke they also had original imas guess they removed it?

Right now I'm hating the Rank up Fests. Still not passed the first one. Having to redo all 3 songs one after the other is annoying. That combined with some health issues really is demoralizing. :/

Gonna take a break and maybe later or tomorrow, try leveling up someone else and see if that helps a bit.

On the positive side, I finally beat the All Star Live that unlocks Happy! ^_^

Really love those All star Live shows. And the Public man its great to hear all the cheers :D how are you enjoying it so far? before the rank up fes?

Stuart444

Really love those All star Live shows. And the Public man its great to hear all the cheers :D how are you enjoying it so far? before the rank up fes?

I am overall enjoying it but I do miss some things from the original. I do like the more rhythmic style but I do miss the old style where you can decide when to appeal and stuff. Also miss the old lessons and stuff but oh well.

Still I am overall enjoying it. My favourite bit so far though was just watching the encore of the all star live where I unlocked Happy. It's nice to see that the PS4 will show everyone on stage at once now.

Yuuichi

I'll dump my opinion now that I've played for a few hours.

Pretty much all the depth is gone, the dice minigame sucks (cosmetics is ok, if they had replaced the PR minigame with that would have been great), I don't understand a bunch of how the new scoring mechanics work. Writing seems fine.

The new rhythm gameplay is nice, though the strategy is gone from that as well, unfortunately. I think it's a little too easy on pro (but I'm a 10th Dan IIDX player so I think most games are easy), I've heard you need to finish a characters story to unlock master so no comment on that right now.

For all my negativity, I'm really enjoying it. We've gone from the very high stress IMAS 2 to the more forgiving OFA to PS, which is virtually a zero stress game. It was a great way to unwind after a shitty day at work today, because sometimes you just want to relax with a game.

Top Bottom