• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

angelic
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by NervousXtian

I didn't refresh to see your response where you basically admitted you were talking out your ass.

We good now though that that's settled.

Well aren't you a lovely.
Agent_Carnage
(07-17-2017, 05:09 AM)
Why would a juicer need DRM built into it? This is beyond stupid.
miller.skippins
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Agent_Carnage

Why would a juicer need DRM built into it?

because venture capitalists
Gallbaro
(07-17-2017, 05:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Agent_Carnage

Why would a juicer need DRM built into it? This is beyond stupid.

How else are you going to promise VC that you are going to capture the recurring revenue?

There original machine is built like a brick house (for no reason) and cost way now than $400 to make.
Ashhong
(07-17-2017, 06:02 AM)

Originally Posted by angelic

do you even read the thread?

Pretty sure he's talking about your bs claim that nutrition is gone within the hour.
angelic
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Ashhong

Pretty sure he's talking about your bs claim that nutrition is gone within the hour.

which im pretty sure I then double checked and found was incorrect.
devilhawk
(07-17-2017, 06:12 AM)

Originally Posted by miller.skippins

Next invention from Silicon Valley..

The Robotron Chewer 2000.

A machine that helps you to chew your food so that you don't have to as chewing your food with your teeth can induce wear and tear on them.

Perfect. Let's start a company where we DRM a blender.
TatteredHat
(07-17-2017, 06:21 AM)
I am not at all surprised that nobody wants to buy an overpriced DRM'd juice press.
Widdle Puppy
(07-17-2017, 07:43 PM)
I hate silicon valley with every fiber of my being.
EmmanuelMunoz
(07-17-2017, 07:44 PM)

Originally Posted by devilhawk

Perfect. Let's start a company where we DRM a blender.

We can just re-purpose all those bags of DRM cut fruit and veg this company isn't selling!
Quixzlizx
(07-17-2017, 08:11 PM)

Originally Posted by NervousXtian

Show me some receipts on this please.

Also, if they made this $100 to $150 and sliced the prices of the packs in half I'd actually buy one.

I love fresh juice, but making it is a PITA with cleaning the machine and all.. and buying it as at a juice bar makes me feel like a douche hipster and costs too much.

You wouldn't even need the machine. Just squeeze the packet out into your mouth like a Capri-Sun.
NervousXtian
(07-18-2017, 03:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Quixzlizx

You wouldn't even need the machine. Just squeeze the packet out into your mouth like a Capri-Sun.

If the machine was cheap enough, the convenience would make it worthwhile. But fuck the DRM stuff, go ahead and scan it, tell me if it's outdated, but let me override that shit at my own peril.
sarcastor
(07-18-2017, 03:47 AM)
the best part is when you order the packets, they're shipped to you cold. in a giant box. with styrofoam or something.

The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(07-18-2017, 03:48 AM)

Originally Posted by sarcastor

the best part is when you order the packets, they're shipped to you cold. in a giant box. with styrofoam or something.

the waste here actively makes me angry
NervousXtian
(07-18-2017, 03:48 AM)
How else would they do it an keep them cold? You ever order Blue Apron or the like? It comes with a shitload of ice packs... which come in handy.. the first few times.
NeOak
(07-18-2017, 03:49 AM)

That's a waste of material

Oh wait, it's pulp in a bag. Right.
teiresias
(07-18-2017, 03:52 AM)

Originally Posted by hirokazu

Which tech journalists are these? I'd never heard of this until the OP and ever since I've only heard mockery and ridicule. Not sure about the buzz before that though.

It was some of the guests on one of the TWiT shows. I can't remember who now, I just remember being flabbergasted at it because it really just sounded like they wanted to say something to prop up a start up. It was really the only discussion I heard about the thing outside what I've read here on GAF, so I won't attribute their viewpoint to the entire tech journalist field.
Cowlick
(07-18-2017, 03:59 AM)

What.

Why would anyone need them shipped cold? I mean, put them in the fridge when they arrive. Or put ice in your glass. Or use those cold rock things, lest anyone shudder at the thought of extra water permeating that premium pre-packaged juice slush.

Call it a customer-driven deconstructed chilling process, Silicon Valley. I dare you.
NinjaMouse
(07-19-2017, 02:47 AM)

Originally Posted by The Technomancer

the waste here actively makes me angry

You've clearly never ordered Blue Apron before. It's an insane amount of packaging, wrapping, cold packs. At least they will allow you to ship the waste back to them for free recycling, though.
Vital Tundra
(07-19-2017, 02:51 AM)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCRx...&feature=share

I saw this product when Critical posted this video of it. Shits hilarious. Like why would anyone buy this?