• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Been a while since I had posted any new adds. Thought I'd end that dry spell with some Marvel Legends.

Up first is Angela.

sApw73e.jpg

1Wetahu.jpg

x6dfCxc.jpg

jm5L96b.jpg

sR40onS.jpg

This was probably my most anticipated figure out of the recent Marvel Legends waves. While i don't really know what Marvel has done with her since they acquired her rights, I loved her back when she was in Spawn. I think they did an amazing job translating her into an action figure. Just so much sculpted detail and paint work. I think they poured more effort into her than any other recent Marvel Legend. Someone at Hasbro really cared for this figure, and it shows! A top of the line Marvel Legend. Easily earns a spot in my top ten Marvel Legends.

Up next is Darkhawk!

CQJbLMJ.jpg

UIdxk3v.jpg

KpPmH4Q.jpg

oxnylRE.jpg

wxZ14ch.jpg

Darkhawk is another figure I remember from when I was a kid. Don't know what he's been up to lately, but I really liked him back in the day. He's a pretty simply executed figure. Just your basic Bucky Cap body with some new parts thrown in. The wings are handled about as well as they could be. If they did a one piece removable set, you'd be stuck with one posing option. Maybe they could have made this two piece construction removable, but I can see how that would prove problematic over time. Overall, Darkhawk is a figure I honestly never expected to get. But I'm happy to add him to my collection.

Finally, no. That's not Steve Bannon. It's the Taskmaster.

JK08r5A.jpg

L0MdZ2Y.jpg

QZE0zzk.jpg

QCjWv7C.jpg

3Fy20lj.jpg

Never would have expected to get this figure. But I've seen him on a bunch of top ten Marvel Legends videos on Youtube, so that piqued my interest. He does look really cool, so when he hit $10 at Amazon, I bought him. In hand, he definitely lives up to the hype. Just a super cool figure with lots of details and unique parts. The two heads is a really nice touch, allowing for a more classic look as well as a modern one. Extremely happy to add this guy to my rather anemic collection of Marvel villains.

- J - D -

Its copying the Ultimates color scheme. I think it'll look pretty good in person.

926940-iron_man_ultimates_bio_700.png

This is just a photoshop but you get the idea.

18034126_1412793672117722_6544995153743224881_n.jpg

I like the color scheme, but I wish Marvel Studios didn't just repaint the Mark 46 and call it the Mark 47. I think it's lazy and allows for cynical cash-grabbing from the likes of licensors like Hasbro and Hot Toys.

If you are really going to pay homage to the Ultimate Iron Man suit, do it right and sculpt a new suit. The Mark 47 isn't doing that.

So I probably won't be buying any Mark 47 products.

Been a while since I had posted any new adds. Thought I'd end that dry spell with some Marvel Legends.

*snip*

Never would have expected to get this figure. But I've seen him on a bunch of top ten Marvel Legends videos on Youtube, so that piqued my interest. He does look really cool, so when he hit $10 at Amazon, I bought him. In hand, he definitely lives up to the hype. Just a super cool figure with lots of details and unique parts. The two heads is a really nice touch, allowing for a more classic look as well as a modern one. Extremely happy to add this guy to my rather anemic collection of Marvel villains.

I have that Taskmaster and he's one of my favorite figures now. Just looks cool.

I feel the same way about Marvel Legends. They are the cures for dry spells when I can't justify splurging on a premium figure.

Nice photos!

1upsuper

I did some reading on Prime 1 and they seem good. Some statues might have QC/fragility issues but if you contact them fast enough they'll help.
Personally I'd suggest you wait until the actual statue is out before buying. I doubt they'd sell out right away, at least the normal versions. You can still find Artorias, after all.

Wait, Artorias is still available? Looks like both versions are sold out on their website. Asking for a friend...<_<

Also dang it, I somehow completely forgot about the Makoto Yuki figma, and now he's sold out on amiami and bbts. Ffffffff

Olengie

Apparently the Dragonzord and the Dagger is getting restocked at Toys R Us from what Im seeing on IG. Lol

Wish I couldve verified this when I was by a Toys R Us yesterday. ><

FoxDie

Hi Gaffers,

Not sure if i can post this here ! If not , let me know.

I am selling bunch of stuff as I will be moving out of state next month and I am in desperate need for cash and space !

Everything I am selling is in great condition and I am selling for cheap. Ican provide extra photos if you are interested. You can pay using paypal ( I will take care of fees since I don't have many selling reviews).

Everything comes in orginal boxing !

The Witcher 3 Collecters edition (PS4). Opened once to get the game and check contents. Everything is included. 150$ OBO

Titanfall 1 collectors edition (Xbox one). Opened once to get the game and check contents. Everything is included. 110$ OBO

Metal Gear Ray Full Size - ThreeA 3A 1/48 Action Figure. Opened once, never displayed, in excellent condition. 170$ OBO

LiK

Apparently the Dragonzord and the Dagger is getting restocked at Toys R Us from what Im seeing on IG. Lol

Wish I couldve verified this when I was by a Toys R Us yesterday. ><

Still waiting for BBTS to ship mine. I'll keep a look out on TRU site as well. Don't wanna miss out again.

RAH Breath of The Wild`s Link is finally up for pre-order. Release date is December 2017. Got mine.

Oof, expensive and AmiAmi gave it a pretty good discount too. I know BBTS will most likely sell it for more than MSRP like they did with SS Link. Guess I'll pick it up. Loving the game and I kinda wanna display it next to SS Link.

Was at Target yesterday and of course went to the collectible section (lol) and they had the Rogue One Target Exclusive Imperial AT-ACT Driver and it had a price tag of 9.99. It was a nice looking figure so I grabbed it. Took it to the register and it rang up 19.99. Was about to have them take it off but the whole "make it right" policy these retail stores have allowed me to score it for 9.99.

Rootbeer

Banned
Any chance Hot Toys Homecoming Spidey comes with a Parker head?

That would REALLY hard sell me on it. As it stands though, I still am leaning towards pre-ordering once it's up.

dankir

Any chance Hot Toys Homecoming Spidey comes with a Parker head?

That would REALLY hard sell me on it. As it stands though, I still am leaning towards pre-ordering once it's up.

I'm pretty sure they had out a blurred head shown already but not 100% sure.

Chinner

Banned
There are scans floating about of the new SH Figurarts SSJ3 Goku. Actually looks pretty good, and not ass like the first version.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Bandai just showed a 1/12 General Grievous model kit.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Interesting. I wonder what the cape is made of, and what the eyes look like out of the box unpainted.

Going by the pics from the back it looks like hard plastic for the part over the shoulders and the rubber they used for Kylo Ren for the main part of the cape.

TAJ

It begins for me yall.
I grabbed the 16" Netflix Voltron combiner.
I had Toys R Us Rewards certificates that were going to expire and I couldn't find anything I wanted in the usual sections. Then after dipping my toe with the black lion I was all in. I got the limbs at Walmart because they were $4.25 cheaper for each one there.
Total was around $102, minus $15 in rewards, so $87 out of pocket.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
DID I JUST HEAR GRIEVOUS MODEL KIT

DID I JUST SEE GRIEVOUS MODEL KIT

that Figuarts one has to come out someday right :(

NEO0MJ

It begins for me yall.

Good luck. And kinda unfortunate yours also has the leaning problem. I use the spear to balance mine straight.

Well, I did drive down to a Toys R Us after work. No Dragonzord. But I saw sales sticker for the Dragon Dagger. Of course, there was no more. So I'm assuming they were at least there. :/

If you're willing to wait BBTS will have it next month.

Top Bottom