• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

ghibli99

Thoroughly addicted to this. Told my wife yesterday, "Let me just finish this row of puzzles." 16 screens and an hour later. LOL

Wow, this is great! Excellent recommendation, guys. I can already tell even just after an hour of play that this is going to be awesome. The production is very high for this type of game and it's very fresh.

Wizpig

It's like saying Mario Galaxy is good or ok... :sadface:
Heck, for a 2d Mario in 3 dimensions -- a simplified 3d Mario game without the exploration -- it does a better job than some Galaxy levels. (and it's an uneven comparison anyway, i should compare it to NSMB DS since both are portable Mario games).

One must really love puzzle games and really hate platform games to put Pullblox above Mario...

Kart 7 is my most played 3DS game and <3 but it's not as original or "i've never played something like this!" as 3D Land or Pullblox.

Let's just say that this is how the 3DS should've come out: 3D Land, Kart 7, Pullblox -- and hey Pilotwings Resort wasn't bad, but not as important.

In other words, good games.
And NO RETAIL STEEL DIVER!

Truth101

Banned
Kind of off-topic but....

I had .07 cents left on my e-shop balance so when I tried to purchase Pushmo I was charged $6.92 to my card. The thing is the money was never added to my e-shop balance even though the charge went through on my card...

Should I contact Nintendo or my bank?

Sinthetic

I'm up to Level 96 and I've had a couple of difficult times, but overall, I am definitely better at this than I thought I would be (as it's a puzzle game). I've clocked 5 hours so far and I'm sure it'll be triple that by the end of it. I'm just worried it's going to get the better of me eventually.

We need a looping gif of Mallo jumping ASAP.

Berordn

I had .07 cents left on my e-shop balance so when I tried to purchase Pushmo I was charged $6.92 to my card. The thing is the money was never added to my e-shop balance even though the charge went through on my card...

Contact Nintendo, if they see a transaction and no points they'll probably credit you. If they don't, file a chargeback.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's like saying Mario Galaxy is good or ok... :sadface:
Heck, for a 2d Mario in 3 dimensions -- a simplified 3d Mario game without the exploration -- it does a better job than some Galaxy levels. (and it's an uneven comparison anyway, i should compare it to NSMB DS since both are portable Mario games).
What can I say, I'm a big MK ho' and half of 3D Land left me disappointed.

Roto13

Did you actually get the game? See if you can download it. You can now use the balance in your wallet and pay the difference with your credit card to buy stuff, leaving your wallet empty.

Truth101

Banned
Contact Nintendo, if they see a transaction and no points they'll probably credit you. If they don't, file a chargeback.

I'll do that then.

Did you actually get the game? See if you can download it. You can now use the balance in your wallet and pay the difference with your credit card to buy stuff, leaving your wallet empty.

Nope, and that is what I had done.

Pushmo is currently the second best selling game on the eShop (behind Zen Pinball). I guess that's...something considering nobody really knew about the game prior to its release. Who knows how many people even use that POS of a digital distribution platform, though. :p

I just hope Nintendo remembers to release Picross e soon. They can't leave me without a puzzle game now.

Alrus

Finally beat that puzzle 180, it was so simple, I feel stupid now >.>

The next challenges are damn hard tho :D

Let me in

This is what I have been waiting for on the 3DS eShop. I downloaded it based on a video and I am so happy I did. Then I saw Intelligent Systems on the title screen and realized why it looked so cool.

Roto13

I'm at the 170s now and I've begun skipping puzzles. They're definitely not easy. And the star ratings are weird. :p I guess they just measure difficulty based on other puzzles in the world, because these three star puzzles are miles harder than the 3 and 4 star puzzles I've done previously.

Wizpig

If you have some minutes to dedicate to this i made my first Pullblox.
It's very easy and ugly, but maybe you can share some tips with me.
Also, i wanted to try out the feature. it's fun. damn, there's gameplay even when you snap the QR code photo!

c9RSf.jpg

n8

Unconfirmed Member
Here is first one I made, I used the cover art of Duck Hunt. It was fun to figure out a way to make it interesting at least.

rWrdj.jpg

Roto13

If you have some minutes to dedicate to this i made my first Pullblox.
It's very easy and ugly, but maybe you can share some tips with me.
Also, i wanted to try out the feature. it's fun. damn, there's gameplay even when you snap the QR code photo!

c9RSf.jpg

"Oho! Now this one's really on the right track," says Papa Blox. :p

I like the way you use the one giant block as the outside of the house. Keep it pushed too far in, and you can't pull the flag out. Pull it out too far and you can't reach the roof.

Wizpig

"Oho! Now this one's really on the right track," says Papa Blox. :p

I like the way you use the one giant block as the outside of the house. Keep it pushed too far in, and you can't pull the flag out. Pull it out too far and you can't reach the roof.
:lol

Thanks, -4 levels or so and i will unlock new stuff.
I really want to try out some GAF levels, the Ducktales one is lovely.

Why isn't Nintendo doing this for the US/EUR shop too, btw? http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/imgQR/jcaj.png ; i like the idea. QR codes everywhere.

IntSys related: i read today that they developed the Dragon Quest DSiWare game... um, odd collaboration, i guess.
That Birds & Bombs DSiWare game is their work aswell iirc, and it's €2 or something, but honestly nothing special.

This is really a return to awesome.
And if Paper Mario 4 is half the awesome that 2 was... it's still going to be awesome.
i just pray that Nintendo doesn't kill the Mario & Luigi RPG series, since that's the portable one

I'm on the last set of levels now. I really don't want this game to end :( Even though the user created stages are a cool novelty, most of them can't really compare to the insanely well-crafted challenges that the geniuses at IS came up with.

SumGamer

I'm stuck at 4-12 :(. Can anyone give me a hint?

Here's my problem with it,
There are three big rectangular boxes and white boxes that I have to use as a steps. At the top there is one 1x1 blue box blocking my way because I step on the blue switch so it comes all the way out. If I dont press the blue switch, then the blue rectangular box wont come out. What am I missing here?

Whoops, it's 4-12 not 4-17.

I'm stuck at 4-12 :(. Can anyone give me a hint?

Here's my problem with it,
There are three big rectangular boxes and white boxes that I have to use as a steps. At the top there is one 1x1 blue box blocking my way because I step on the blue switch so it comes all the way out. If I dont press the blue switch, then the blue rectangular box wont come out. What am I missing here?

Whoops, it's 4-12 not 4-17.

Thanks a lot, I just spent 5 minutes figuring out how to do 4-17 again to try and help you :p

EDIT Here's a hint for 4-12.
You're correct in thinking that you can't ever step on the blue switch. You'll have to figure out another way to pull out the blue rectangle. Try to step on the white switch and figure out a way to get on the white block that comes out from inside the blue rectangle.

SumGamer

Thanks a lot, I just spent 5 minutes figuring out how to do 4-17 again to try and help you :p

EDIT Here's a hint for 4-12.
You're correct in thinking that you can't ever step on the blue switch. You'll have to figure out another way to pull out the blue rectangle. Try to step on the white switch and figure out a way to get on the white block that comes out from inside the blue rectangle.

Sorry! I think I have a clear idea of what to do now :) Gotta wait to get back home to try it. Thanks :D

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
What the crap? I was cruising along no problem and then BAM!! 107 just punches me in the gut. This one is pissing me off. I will not give up, but i've already spent over an hour on it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
New modojo review
Pushmo is without question one of the best 3DS games we've played. It's great to see Nintendo step outside its comfort zone of critically acclaimed franchises and do something original that's both immensely entertaining and a neat showpiece for the hardware. Don't resist the urge. Download this gem immediately.
Who still doesn't have this game after reading this thread?

I think the thread title should mention that this is a 3DS game. There being a good 3DS game (an eShop game even!) should be enough to get the attention of some people.

Hydderf

This game is really awesome !
I wish I made a game like that : simple and so addictive. Congratulations to Intelligent System, once again.

Here is my first puzzle, I tried to take the concept of "climbing to the top" backward :p

kKKFC.jpg

The second one is a bit harder as it is almost two puzzles in one

mYUpF.jpg

And here is the hardest I made for now : The 3DStroyed (because, as you can see, the 3ds was kind of butchered during the level design process...)

mYOeJ.jpg

I hope you'll enjoy them !

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
What the crap? I was cruising along no problem and then BAM!! 107 just punches me in the gut. This one is pissing me off. I will not give up, but i've already spent over an hour on it.
I had a similar experience with 107 - was cruising along and then suddenly got stuck there for an entire evening. Today I was waiting in the car for my wife to pick up something real quick, and it took me 5 minutes to solve it. Just give yourself a rest and don't try to rush it. It's not a difficult level at all.

Roto13

Yeah, when I get stumped, I take a break and come back later and solve it in a few minutes. :p

Well, I used to. Some of these Expert Murals are kind of nuts.

Sinthetic

Found some absolutely classic levels on the Japanese Forum.

559.jpg

478.jpg

520.jpg

506.jpg

548.jpg

489.jpg

485.jpg

97.jpg

167.jpg

69.jpg

Enjoy!

I've got no room left to scan levels in, I guess I need to play them to make some room.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I had a similar experience with 107 - was cruising along and then suddenly got stuck there for an entire evening. Today I was waiting in the car for my wife to pick up something real quick, and it took me 5 minutes to solve it. Just give yourself a rest and don't try to rush it. It's not a difficult level at all.

Yeah, finally beat it last night, turned out I had been pulling the blocks out right, I was messing up on a tricky jump.

Effect

What kind of review numbers does the game have on the various eShops? Last time I check the US eShop had over 500 reviews for the game. Granted you can't use that to judge how successful a game will be but at least it's something. Curious as to what it looks like on the Japan and Europe eShops.

Top Bottom