• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

bionic77

I just wish these games were on Switch. Like that Radiant Historia remake. I fucking loved Radiant Historia, it was so cool. It was like the true sequel to Chrono Trigger. Never finished it but I always wanted to get back to it. And this new Fire Emblem looks really cool, and I wanna give it a shot. But I don't wanna go back to my 3DS after using the Switch. It just feels so antiquated. I wish we'd at least get ports
This is not a lie.

Hell all systems feel kind of like outdated garbage next to the Switch.

Nintendo has so many fucking games they could just port to the Switch, especially Wii U games which no one played, that I wish they would assign a team to port that stuff and release one every 1-2 months.

bionic77

planet killer

(I'm finally going vegetarian and I'm so happy, animals deserve better)
I wish I was strong enough to go vegetarian. Better for the planet, better for your health. No real downsides.

But every time I try to eat just veggies for a meal I feel something is missing. Its probably cancer or heart disease, but damn I needs some meat to feel full.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Pollo-vegetarianism is as far as I could ever go. Basically no livestock animals but still have poultry and fish.

That would probably still have some health benefits I suppose.

Hindl

planet killer

I wish I could do vegetarian, I just don't like a lot of the substitutes people use for meat (tofu, eggplant, zucchini, etc.) I have been drastically cutting down on my red meat though, which helps a bit. I mostly just eat eggs or some locally raised chicken

Pollo-vegetarianism is as far as I could ever go. Basically no livestock animals but still have poultry and fish.

This I could probably do, except I don't eat fish. But yeah, cutting bacon would be rough but that's mostly the only pork I eat, and I only have turkey once in a while

Edit:

The Eagles are livestreaming a bunch of puppies
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/844923283153727489

I wish I could do vegetarian, I just don't like a lot of the substitutes people use for meat (tofu, eggplant, zucchini, etc.) I have been drastically cutting down on my red meat though, which helps a bit. I mostly just eat eggs or some locally raised chicken

This I could probably do, except I don't eat fish. But yeah, cutting bacon would be rough but that's mostly the only pork I eat, and I only have turkey once in a while

Edit:

The Eagles are livestreaming a bunch of puppies
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/844923283153727489

Even just starting by cutting steak out of my diet was a noticeably significant/quick improvement for me. Chicken's been the only, and hardest, loss so far

bionic77

No steak? No burgers?

That is like half my summer!

More power or vegetarians. You are right in what you are doing but I don't have the will power to do it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Depend where in PA you are.

If it is in the center of the state and smells like shit (think of a natural Florida breeze coming from one of your many swamps) then yeah sadly they are probably trumpers.

We call that Pennsyltucky.

Bread

Banned

Agreed. It would suck to be without steaks, burgers, carnitas and bacon and all that but I could deal. Losing chicken and shrimp would be tough.

I wish I was strong enough to go vegetarian. Better for the planet, better for your health. No real downsides.

But every time I try to eat just veggies for a meal I feel something is missing. Its probably cancer or heart disease, but damn I needs some meat to feel full.

I never got this idea that vegetarianism was inherently "better". Better at what?

The biggest advantage to vegetarianism is vegetarians are very devout about what they put in their body (well, some of them, a surprising amount smoke. What's up with that?) while meat eaters tend to stick whatever shit that's in arms reach into their mouth. The likelihood of a meat eater also drinking 4 cokes a day is higher than a vegetarian. IS red meat bad for you? In large doses, yes. The solution? Don't eat it 3 times a week and deep fry it on saturday, and maybe cut out the 4 cokes a day?

I was vegetarian for 18 years. It was mostly forced upon me, but it was an interesting experience and my palate broadened because of it. I have a good relationship with fish because of that vegetarianism. It can be good, but I never liked the preachiness of it. and I never felt my being vegetarian was improving my quality of life, just as I now feel that eating meat isn't a detriment.

TLDR: Eat properly and you'll be fine. Don't let veggies bully you into thinking their way is best.

Hindl

I never got this idea that vegetarianism was inherently "better". Better at what?

The biggest advantage to vegetarianism is vegetarians are very devout about what they put in their body (well, some of them, a surprising amount smoke. What's up with that?) while meat eaters tend to stick whatever shit that's in arms reach into their mouth. The likelihood of a meat eater also drinking 4 cokes a day is higher than a vegetarian. IS red meat bad for you? In large doses, yes. The solution? Don't eat it 3 times a week and deep fry it on saturday, and maybe cut out the 4 cokes a day?

I was vegetarian for 18 years. It was mostly forced upon me, but it was an interesting experience and my palate broadened because of it. I have a good relationship with fish because of that vegetarianism. It can be good, but I never liked the preachiness of it. and I never felt my being vegetarian was improving my quality of life, just as I now feel that eating meat isn't a detriment.

TLDR: Eat properly and you'll be fine. Don't let veggies bully you into thinking their way is best.

It's more that the environmental cost of raising cattle, pigs, and other livestock is massive, even more than the cost of all the cars pumping out pollution around the world

It's more that the environmental cost of raising cattle, pigs, and other livestock is massive, even more than the cost of all the cars pumping out pollution around the world
We would have similar issues if the majority of the population was vegetarian. I get it, land isn't cheap. However that's a real estate issue, not a food issue. Corn oil never took off as an energy source because the land required to plant, harvest and process it would be prohibitively large and expensive, despite the obvious benefits.

Not to mention that it would be VERY difficult to properly nourish 3rd world nations on that diet alone. In the first world, vegetarianism (and veganism) is a luxury because we can afford the basic ingredients (and in vegan's case, supplements) to round out our diets.

so I'm reading through the Dave Chappelle Netflix topic because I watched both of the new sets yesterday

...people sure love being offended

:jnc

I went in there for a laugh, read one or two posts, then left disgusted. The internet just has no tolerance for context.

Even booty?

Like groceries.

tenor.gif

planet killer

Bae is trying to be vegetarian, but still eats fish or meat once a week. So I'm also basically a vegetarian nowadays...But I can't do without that one day a week though, plus when we go out for dinner I'm still eating meat.

squicken

@RapSheet
Sources: #Saints coach Sean Payton & Johnny Manziel were spotted together Super Bowl week, at breakfast. They discussed a return to football

I want to believe but it's just as likely they were discussing a big Vicodin score

WedgeX

Banned

I essentially eat like this now due to cholesterol.

But man do I love some brisket or a good burger.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I want to believe but it's just as likely they were discussing a big Vicodin score

lmao

Saw ez say the same thing!

I essentially eat like this now due to cholesterol.

But man do I love some brisket or a good burger.

I'm kinda in the same boat and I say this with a heavy heart being from the great state of Wisconsin but cheese can be pretty killer too.

Like whatever your diet (vegan, vegetarian...whatever), it's all about eating more fruits and vegetables apparently. That's the part I always struggle with because I just never get excited for a good piece of fruit. There are some decent veggies that are good when prepared right but raw fruit is always boring for me. It's why I look at East Asian desserts in general and shake my head because it's so fruit heavy. Give me that chocolate, whole milk dairy, and buttery bread based desserts instead!

Jarnet87

This is not a lie.

Hell all systems feel kind of like outdated garbage next to the Switch.

Nintendo has so many fucking games they could just port to the Switch, especially Wii U games which no one played, that I wish they would assign a team to port that stuff and release one every 1-2 months.

Most of the great games on Wii U were by Nintendo so it's tough for them to get ports out also working on new games. I could see a lot of third parties releasing older games as ports to the system if it sells well throughout 2017. We saw the Mana collection SE is releasing in Japan, I could see a lot of stuff like that being made.

That's not exactly true.

They have made things a lot better for racists, fascists and assholes.

You need to be more careful with your words. You should have said then ruin all everything that is good. That would have been a true statement.

We can't sink to their level Chris. Look at how they lied about Blazing Saddles. I don't know how low they can go...

you're right, I let my emotions get the best of me.

cdyhybrid

Morning friends.

Please observe a moment of silence for the passing of my hard drive. This was an opportunity to grab an SSD (as well as another HDD for extra storage) though, so it wasn't all bad.

Greg

Morning friends.

Please observe a moment of silence for the passing of my hard drive. This was an opportunity to grab an SSD (as well as another HDD for extra storage) though, so it wasn't all bad.
thanks for the reminder to back my shit up - I would probably disappear for a long while if I lost everything

I hope you didn't lose much

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Roger Goodell promises to cut down on NFL commercials

Roger Goodell hears you.

The NFL Commissioner is aware of the complaints about the viewing experience of America's most popular sport. He knows the games take too long with breaks that kill the vibe of a sport built on passion.

On Wednesday, he made a promise to try to correct some of the issues. He wrote a letter addressed to the fans that laid out some changes the league has planned and will explore in hopes of creating a better product to watch.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...kes_promises_t.html#incart_river_mobile_index

I feel like I legit forgot Ron Brooks existed until yesterday. He was supposed to be the Eagles starting corner last year until he got injured. I wonder if he'll be hot garbage or if they are banking on him being a good starting CB.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Witness-Ex-NFL-star-shot-at-men-after-spilled-11014717.php

Updated 8:35 am, Thursday, March 23, 2017

BOSTON (AP) — A former friend of ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez told the jury at Hernandez's double-murder trial Monday that he opened fire on a car because he believed two men inside had taunted him at a nightclub.

Alexander Bradley testified about the shootings on July 16, 2012. Bradley said Hernandez ordered him to pull up next to the victims' car at a stop light and then repeatedly fired a revolver into the car. Safiro Furtado and Daniel de Abreu were killed.

Relatives of the men wept as Bradley testified, prompting Judge Jeffrey Locke to call for a brief recess.

Bradley said Hernandez used a racial epithet and said, "What's up now?" before firing.

The Boston Globe reported that Bradley also testified that Hernandez "felt people thought he was soft" and he wanted to prove them wrong.

Hindl

I feel like I legit forgot Ron Brooks existed until yesterday. He was supposed to be the Eagles starting corner last year until he got injured. I wonder if he'll be hot garbage or if they are banking on him being a good starting CB.

He was the Eagles starting slot corner, and that's the position he'll be in if he comes back and is healthy. I'm not sure he was ever planned for the outside. He wasn't a great slot corner, but he was good enough, and more importantly that let Jenkins stay at the safety position. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Eagles D went from borderline elite to garbage once Brooks went down, Jenkins moved to the slot, and Jaylen Watkins played at safety. Ideally we would be able to draft his replacement, but he's average when healthy

Top Bottom