• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Shoujo Apocalypse Adventure 23 - 25

Well, that certainly is a weird creature. I wonder if this manga will ever have answers for anything, or just continue to be a mystery about what happened to everything.

Iinazuke Kyoutei 38

Even though Tomo had a clear advantage, she still stuck up for the other girls. Now with Wataru's mom home, I think the girls will have to be more careful in what they do.

Iinazuke Kyoutei ch38

What I got from this is that Tomo is so far ahead of the rest it's barely a competition anymore.

Well, Tomo is probably going to win
as she should

upandaway

Jump's lineup without the new starts is actually pretty diverse for Jump, they already had a sports and a romcom and a gag and a couple of big battle series (and even a thriller/mystery since Death Note and Neuro) so there's not really any series that can get immunity from genre deficiencies. Unless you count We Never Learn as part of the Nisekoi-like genre of "no-ecchi romcom" I guess

If there's any time to search for a new mega hit it would be now I think, they can afford it

Kieli

There is a new manga that caught my attention called Wortenia Senki.

Anyone read it? It's another virtual world blablahblah but the MC is ruthless.

I'm reading it. I like how ruthless the MC is. It's going at a really fast pace, compared to the LN, so that's even better.

Now Loading…! 5 (END)

The D*rk Souls of theme parks. This was running in Yuri Hime so I wasn't expecting it to be too lengthly, but it's still a shame to see it end this quickly (barring the extra 4-komas that're apparently coming). It wrapped up pretty much the way you'd expect, with the lead pairing becoming the lead couple and the debugger(s) not doing their job properly. I suspect I'll remember it more for the game design elements than anything the romance did right.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch550

The Mother is probably more dangerous than the Father.

Now Loading…! ch5 (End)

Aw, shame it was so short. I'd have liked to see more interaction from Mari and Meimei. It was a decent enough read, even if most the stuff tackled was on a surface level.

128_01.jpg

It ain't Mr Bones' Wild Ride.

Ascheroth

Guys, it's time for us to save Jump.

Pitch your idea for a mega hit shounen series.

A new Kubo manga. It has one page and consists of a chapter title over white background each week, nothing else.

Toriko sequel with Toriko and Rin Komatsus child Tomatsu as the protagonist.

Something Sci-fi could work, I guess. It'd be filling the void currently left by World Trigger's absence. On the other hand, I'd be up for some low-fantasy shit, nothing too outlandish, with the right mix of Shounen tropes and unexpected dark themes. The Promised Neverland is doing well and isn't something I'd expect from Jump so could do with a few more non-Jump-like Jump titles.

Geist-

Kingdom 514

I figured this would be the best strategy based on the last couple chapters, but this chapter basically confirmed it.
Ousen is probably trying to send refugees ahead of the Qin army into Gyou to deplete their reserves and/or sneak Qin soldiers in with the refugees.

Ace of Diamond Act II 75
C9yIgmLVwAAMAuD.jpg:small

heavy chapter with Furuya stuff, then the writer throws in new material for Miyuki fans, lol.

Anyway, I thought Furuya was going to be all mad and depressed and want to switch teams or something but Im glad he stayed in there.

Chapter could have gone back to Okumura's game.

An adventure manga about a boy who is ridiculed by his peers for having a big dream and a humbling upbringing but ends making everyone acknowledge him through hard work and because he got lucky and ended up having some form of mysterious godlike powers. Give him a talented kuudere rival that wants the same thing as him and a tsundere heroine that may or may not lose to the shy and pure subheroine.

The setting doesn't matter. I'll be waiting for my fat paycheck, Shueisha.

dramatis

I'm surprised nobody suggested Jump do some isekai story, since they're so popular nowadays.

Although Jump probably missed the boat on that already. What's the next big trend?

spiritfox

An adventure manga about a boy who is ridiculed by his peers for having a big dream and a humbling upbringing but ends making everyone acknowledge him through hard work and because he got lucky and ended up having some form of mysterious godlike powers. Give him a talented kuudere rival that wants the same thing as him and a tsundere heroine that may or may not lose to the shy and pure subheroine.

Make it an isekai and watch the moolah flow in.

I'm surprised nobody suggested Jump do some isekai story, since they're so popular nowadays.

Although Jump probably missed the boat on that already. What's the next big trend?

lol.

Ascheroth

Isn't this Black Clover?

Ascheroth

Pack it up guys, here's the money printer:

The next big trend is "isekai but with a twist"

"After Fake Love comes Fake Isekai!
Komi Naoshi comes back to Jump with his new sure-hit series "Nisekai"!

Synopsis:
The war between humanity and demonkind has reached a critical point. To gain an advantage, the humans use the summoning ritual to summon a hero from a different world.
However!
The hero has a secret. He has no heroic powers. He isn't even from a different world! While tending to the crops in a remote village, he got involuntarily summoned to the capital of humanity and now has to pretend to be a hero from a different world to survive and fight against the demons!

The Demon King retaliates by summoning Demon Generals from a different world.
As Hero and Demon General A meet in battle, they realize.... that they know each other! It turns out they are childhood friends from the same village!

A curious tale of fake-otherworlders fake-fighting against each other unfolds! "

rrc1594

So I have been thinking about Fuuka. What if this is all a plan for Yuu to meet truck-kun and kill him? I mean your dating the daughter of the man who killed your GF, you telling me ain't nothing fishy happening here? It's not above Seo to do something like this.

dramatis

Synopsis:
The war between humanity and demonkind has reached a critical point. To gain an advantage, the humans use the summoning ritual to summon a hero from a different world.
However!
The hero has a secret. He has no heroic powers. He isn't even from a different world! While tending to the crops in a remote village, he got involuntarily summoned to the capital of humanity and now has to pretend to be a hero from a different world to survive and fight against the demons!

As Hero and Demon General A meet in battle, they realize.... that they know each other! It turns out they are childhood friends from the same village!

A curious tale of fake-otherworlders fake-fighting against each other unfolds! "
Yes but where's the harem

Also you need a mascot character

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

The Hedgehogs guitarist asks Fuuka if she's distracted thinking about going home to have sex with Yuu, and she admits it's true. Then she goes home and practically begs Yuu to have sex with her, and he says he's too busy thinking about his bass lessons. Note that she practically begged Yuu to fuck her in the last chapter too, and he didn't do anything at all until she jumped on top of him. He didn't have an excuse at that point either, he was just eating lunch.

Dude doesn't need bass lessons, he needs lesson in how to not be a huge fucking wuss.

upandaway

Synopsis:
However!

Was actually into it until the part where the generals are also fakes. Could've been cool but now I lost interest

Ascheroth

How about this:

I was thinking that the Demon Generals could be real summoned people (girls of course), but there needs to be at least 1 boy, who should be fake and possibly a childhood friend of fake-hero, so that we can get the DTL audience with the friend/enemy/rivalry things.
Maybe add a couple real heros to the mix as well, so that fake-hero has to be doubly cautious but also has a fallback for the accomplishments happening. Think King.

And yeah, a mascot is important!

I only thought this whole thing up because I wanted to make a Nisekai pun, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fuuka

The Hedgehogs guitarist asks Fuuka if she's distracted thinking about going home to have sex with Yuu, and she admits it's true. Then she goes home and practically begs Yuu to have sex with her, and he says he's too busy thinking about his bass lessons. Note that she practically begged Yuu to fuck her in the last chapter too, and he didn't do anything at all until she jumped on top of him. He didn't have an excuse at that point either, he was just eating lunch.

Dude doesn't need bass lessons, he needs lesson in how to not be a huge fucking wuss.

Dude needs to just bone this girl and get it over with, before she decides he ain't worth it and starts getting it from someone else.

Seven Deadly Sins - Seven Days Ch4: This continues to do an excellent job expanding upon one of my favourite love stories in all manga. Gotta love the water fight and the emotions conveyed silently after.

Synopsis:
However!

that's actually a cool idea

upandaway

that's actually a cool idea
It really is, it has a lot of potential. I still want the generals to actually be from other worlds though.

Dungeon Meshi 30

Had to go back and reread the paintings chapter before continuing. What a crazy reread that was, actually surreal. Such an amazing change in tone in retrospect. That doesn't happen often.

This chapter was also great, didn't expect them to go back (I wrote this for the last chapter how I thought she dropped them further down and they can't get back up anymore)

Synopsis:
However!

This actually sounds really good lol, specially since we'd get Komi doing fantasy stuff again.

Now I'm sad because it's meant to be a joke.

Manga Sales April 10th - 16th

*1. 373,742 1,026,591 Shingeki no Kyojin Vol.22
*2. 310,029 *,310,029 Detective Conan Vol.92
*3. 133,227 *,512,846 One Punch-Man Vol.13
*4. 110,659 *,113,661 Umimachi Diary Vol.8
*5. *97,666 *,202,441 Ajin Vol.10
*6. *86,018 *,350,385 Boku no Hero Academia Vol.13
*7. *84,902 *,347,421 Ao no Exorcist Vol.19
*8. *83,648 *,175,836 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Vol.4
*9. *73,648 *,*73,648 Tokyo Tarareba Musume Vol.8
10. *62,415 *,133,610 Grand Blue Vol.8

11. *61,403 *,*61,403 Kurosaki-kun no Iinari ni Nante Naranai Vol.9
12. *60,707 *,*60,707 Nobunaga Concerto Vol.15
13. *56,868 *,287,409 Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen Vol.2
14. *54,417 *,*76,441 Youjo Senki Vol.4
15. *51,155 *,110,717 Yowamushi Pedal Vol.50
16. *47,581 *,211,266 To LOVE-ru Darkness Vol.18
17. *45,803 *,*45,803 Nanatsuya: Shinobu no Housekibako Vol.4
18. *44,748 *,206,548 Gintama Vol.68
19. *43,323 *,*43,323 Detective Conan Vol.92 Limited Edition
20. *37,702 *,*37,702 Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou Vol.12

21. *36,099 *,*76,685 UQ Holder! Vol.13
22. *30,395 *,*30,395 Mikami-sensei no Aishikata Vol.4
23. *29,095 *,*91,402 Gakuen Babysitters Vol.14
24. *27,525 *,122,494 Yakusoku no Neverland Vol.3
25. *27,247 *,166,470 Bungou Stray Dogs Vol.12
26. *26,182 *,*26,182 Juuhan Shuttai! Vol.9
27. *25,283 *,*58,196 Baki-Dou Vol.16
28. *24,914 *,729,151 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.10
29. *24,601 *,*24,601 Detective Conan Vol.90 Special Edition
30. *24,236 *,*35,787 Papa to Oyaji no Uchi Gohan Vol.6

31. *23,960 *,*23,960 Watashitachi ni wa Kabe ga Aru. Vol.7
32. *22,624 *,*92,159 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan Vol.21
33. *22,588 *,298,716 Omoi, Omoware, Furi, Furare Vol.5
34. *21,654 *,110,861 Yuragisou no Yuuna-san Vol.5
35. *21,554 *,*21,554 Peace Maker Kurogane Vol.12
36. *21,289 *,*21,747 Kitto Aishiteshimaunda. Vol.3
37. *20,933 *,*40,508 Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou Vol.13
38. *20,905 *,*45,095 Yozakura Quartet Vol.20
39. *20,438 *,*52,419 Tejina-senpai Vol.3
40. *20,040 *,*20,040 Hibiki: Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou Vol.6

41. *19,415 *,*19,415 Nobunaga no Chef Vol.18
42. *19,094 *,*19,094 Meitantei Conan: Heiji & Kazuha Selection
43. *18,906 *,*56,402 Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken: Mamono no Kuni no Arukikata Vol.1
44. *18,875 *,226,086 Kyou wa Kaisha Yasumimasu. Vol.13
45. *18,712 *,*59,517 Hana Nochi Hare: HanaDan Next Season Vol.6
46. *18,354 *,*29,947 Itsuka Tiffany de Choushoku wo Vol.11
47. *18,225 *,519,986 Nanatsu no Taizai Vol.25
48. *18,187 *,*26,597 Papa to Oyaji no Uchi Nomi Vol.1
49. *18,091 *,*18,091 Ore no Shitsuji (♀) ga Iketeiru Vol.4
50. *17,892 *,*17,892 Tomoe Mami no Heibon na Nichijou Vol.4

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hinamatsuri ch. 65

This dude will be behind bars by the time the manga's over - and not for yakuza reasons.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch. 166

Is there a tally on how many times Shimada's been dragged away

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dude needs to just bone this girl and get it over with, before she decides he ain't worth it and starts getting it from someone else.

There will be drama before that happens.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 166

I like how Shimada being taken away by police doesn't really even need much of a reason anymore, as its pretty much expected.

Also, Oka sure has some work to do if he wants to win over Mikan.

Top Bottom