• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Taruranto

Magi 345

KWG3zgj.jpg

Woah, this was one epik derail.

mdubs

Banned
To Love Ru got licensed by Seven Seas. My head is spinning that Shueisha actually let a non-Viz publisher license a Jump series

Holy moly

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch552

He's worth his salt at least.

Nukoduke! ch99

Some certainly put more thought into this than others.

Himouto! Umaru-chan ch153-156

Eeh, I don't think shooters are a good genre to introduce novices to video games. At least they played other stuff too.

Tejina Senpai ch47

Her older sister sure is forward-thinking. Too bad they scrapped it, but at least the Twitter profile is still here:

https://twitter.com/senpa1_tezina

bobohoro

manga bros, is the welcome to the nhk! manga worth a read? I've seen the show already but i'm curious on what you guys think.

If you liked the anime, sure, go ahead. There are a few differences and although I prefer the anime (great OST and a slightly more focused story telling help) I also reread the manga every few years.

Shouta

Yeah, I just saw the news about Keijo. Damn, the manga must have been doing bad before the anime. The anime didn't do anything to boost its popularity at all and it looks like it caused a money sink? That's just sad.

upandaway

Oh yeah Keijo was actually popular in the west, I forgot about that. It was ridiculously popular in crunchyroll right?

The anime skipped over some of my favorite parts which was a bummer. It's actually crazy that the manga even got this far to begin with but it's been a heck of a ride. I'm guessing the author was under pressure to make it more fanservice-y/ecchi but instead he doubled down on the shonen action and Japan didn't bite.

Kaguya 1-5

Read it here and there recently and didn't post about it, I'm enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of the hot pot episode in Gintama (which is one of the best ones). Chapter 5 especially had me on the floor

Dr. Stone

mxbewuO.jpg

Yeah... that was more or less my reaction. what's even the point of putting off the confession, there is no meaning to making the confession an endgame and it doesn't enhance any part of the story, just get it over with now

Chingiri One Shot By Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro: How much acid was he on when he did this? I hope it was some good acid.

Ajin Ch49: So that explains it. Always wondered why his ghost was such an oddity.

Promise Neverland Ch36: Another good chapter, though I'm not sure Ray seeing/talking to Norman is a 'good' thing.

Seven Deadly Sins Ch215: She ran away... She ran away.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The Promised Neverland ch. 36

Ray having an imaginary conversation with Norman was kind of silly, but I don't really care much. These little kids are awesome. They put in the work and came through.

Dang, we're really close to seeing what's out in the world now. I am excite.

manga bros, is the welcome to the nhk! manga worth a read? I've seen the show already but i'm curious on what you guys think.

Wasn't a fan. Had some brief thoughts on it last thread. Would highly recommend the book, however. It's the superior NHK! story imo.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man (Murata) 73.2

Well Suiryu is dead, guess that's how they resolve the issue of what to do with his character. I expect Saitama is showing up next chapter.

Zweizer

Banned
One-Punch Man ch73.2

Huh, so he survived.

She Gets Girls Everyday. ch2

It's going to be an odd love triangle.

Iinazuke Kyoutei ch39-39.5

Tomo keeps getting the spotlight, huh. Well, she really just needs to be herself.

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch99

GCUP ain't much shit for the most part at this point.

One Pinch Man (Chingiri)

been awhile since a read a pure gag manga all be it just a one time special one shot

lol dead at the map he gave him with Namek and Planet Vegeta

Promised Neverland

They've finally escaped... I am guessing some major twist only awaits them like them being on a island or something

iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls - U149 11

The cast are too childish / not well-rounded enough for these short, flavourless, gag filler chapters to be entertaining. Arisu and Momoka can't carry the show this way.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 25-25.5
Blessed be the maso-panda, for she is wise beyond her years. There's a valuable lesson to be learned from this chapter, which is that Hitomi x Yena is better than having her with Jin. Replace Yena with basically any other character from this series and it still holds true.

She Gets Girls Everyday 2

There's something about continually referring to Kasumi as 'handsome' with this moeblob art style that just feels inherently wrong. Still, I'm always down for a yuri love triangle, even if the sporty childhood friend isn't doing anything for me.

One Punch Man

Is this even still about Murata...It am sure it will work better reading it continuously, but the constant lack of Saitama makes this series more tedioius than One's version (at least on a weekly basis). They are dragging this out too much...We get to see more of these side character than we have seen of Saitama in the last ten episodes....

One Punch Man

Is this even still about Murata...It am sure it will work better reading it continuously, but the constant lack of Saitama makes this series more tedioius than One's version (at least on a weekly basis). They are dragging this out too much...We get to see more of these side character than we have seen of Saitama in the last ten episodes....

Indeed, this is how I've been feeling too. It's like the sealing arc where he was curb stomping people left and right, but it forgot it is supposed to be a parody manga with Saitama coming in to deal with the threat in one punch, and is playing it completely straight.

kasane

robo lazerbeam

just make him batshit op like king golf. as it stands right now king golf is still more interesting than this.

Madoka Magica - Devikano Ultimate (SFW doujin)
Right after that previous post praising Devikano, it turns out there's an actual direct continuation to it, which in Maitake terms is rarer than Mami getting screen time. It's a complex moral dilemma, but I want to side with the devil on the idea that it isn't cheating if you're dating two halves of the same person. That doesn't mean splitting Homura is acceptable though. Definitely not.

Astra Lost In Space 29

Oh man if this girl is
a cyborg/robot
then my guess about
aeris being a cyborg/robot traitor is even more likely now

Tokyo Ghoul re: Ch122: Our dorky couple are being dorks, also Kaneki getting cross at another one of his personalities was quite amusing. But god that last page,
Mu-chan about to fuck shit up.

Fbh

Promised Neverland

I know the escape isn't over but after so much planning and build up, the escape from the farm felt pretty underwhelming.
The whole issue with the chasm and there only being one bridge was solved in a pretty silly way "oh, yeah we can just jump over it after all". Also, where did they secure the ropes on the wall side? You just see them comming out from the background.

Anyway. Looking forward to see what they will find next week.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch553

What a bunch of bullies.

Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen ch25-25.5

Good thing Meimei was here. Yena was going down a dark path.

bobohoro

Tokyo Ghoul:re 122

Well now.
This might be fun.

Hayate No Gotoku 566

I think there is one chapter left?
There was quite a bit of fun to be found, but overall I feel the whole supernatural element with the King's Jewel was totally unnecessary and having to resolve that plot line at the end while rushing to an overall conclusion to the relationships makes for a messy ending.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
One Punch Man

Have you read the original webcomic? This actually still happens even without this arc.

dramatis

March 2017 Recommendation: Bokura no Hentai (I must be a Pervert/Abnormal)

Psychological mature gender bender drama | 10 volumes, Completed work, Licensed (not in English)
Three boys in junior-high who cross-dress because of differing reasons meet each other through a cross-dressing community website, and decide to meet up in real life. "Parou" started cross-dressing because he wanted to attract a heterosexual boy he liked. "Marika" is transgender and identifies as female. Lastly, "Yui" is an antagonistic boy who adopted the persona of his older sister after her death. In contrast to Parou and Marika, Yui is sorely disappointed at the meeting. (source)
Bright Side of Life: Bokura no Hentai does handle transgender, gender identities, and going through puberty pretty well.

Moaradin

Have you read the original webcomic? This actually still happens even without this arc.

Saitama being absent for most of the arc until showing up last minute and taking care of things? That happens in every major arc, but this is the first time it felt dragged out. OPM Manga might as well be a standard shonen with great art right now. It's been a while since I read it, but I never felt like the MA and Garo stuff in the webcomic was dragged out at all. It also helped that the Garo arc focused on, you know, Garo. An actual interesting character and not these lame ass tournament characters.

There was a point where I was anticipating reading every new update of the manga, but now I just kinda wait until Viz Jump dumps a bunch of chapters. Every time I read it I just want them to go back to the Garo stuff already. It's weird since the beginning of this arc was following the webcomic pretty faithfully until it split off to do it's own thing. And that wasn't a bad thing at all at first. The stuff with Metal Bat was a great addition that I thought added a lot to the arc. Everything after has been a chore though.

Top Bottom