• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

Sometimes I really hate being part of Maelstrom.

"Stick Close so I can heal you all and we don't get picked off one by one"

Party: "Okay"
*party proceeds to spread out and get picked off one by one, leaving me to die at the hands of 5 ranged players shooting me to death*

Party: "Ummm heals I'm dead, plz revive"

Cmagus

Finished the Garo event finally.

TCEQr4Q.png

B.K.

I think I'm going to spend a bit leveling up my gathering quests. I've about burned out trying to get through the story. I want to do something different. My mining and botany classes are both around level 25. Are there any particular items I should farm while leveling to help make crafting a bi t faster?

Also:

What should I invest Poetics in? I just capped out on them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For CRP, lumber and a few branches (mostly lumber). For BSM/ARM, ore and stone. GSM also needs some of those "raw" gems you see sometimes to cut into gems.

B.K.

This one is probably my favorite of the bunch.

Wish it was under healer section orz

I wish the class restriction didn't exist for glamouring gear. Most of the stuff I like and would glamour is stuff that I can't use because my class can't equip it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think I'm going to spend a bit leveling up my gathering quests. I've about burned out trying to get through the story. I want to do something different. My mining and botany classes are both around level 25. Are there any particular items I should farm while leveling to help make crafting a bi t faster?

Also:

For CRP, lumber and a few branches (mostly lumber). For BSM/ARM, ore and stone. GSM also needs some of those "raw" gems you see sometimes to cut into gems.
Oh, since you're around that level anyway you also want:

CUL: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Iron_Acorn
ALC: http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Effervescent_Water

HLHqDa9.png

All the artists that didn't make the cut contemplating their life like:

FqVNjlZ.png

What the fuck?

I thought you were joking but I went to check it and it's actually there.

I don't think any of the artists that didn't make it should be contemplating anything here, other than the fact that someone thought it would be funny to pass through an obvious joke entry instead of one that actually had some effort put into it.

That's insulting to people who actually spent time coming up with designs for the game imo.

It's a popularity contest and people like jokes. Not really surprising.

I completely disagree with that. Not when it comes at the expense of one person who actually expended some effort to create a design and could have potentially won.

The number of people who want to see cool designs that could go into the game probably outnumber the people that want to see intentionally shite designs for the lulz by a significant margin.

Seeing this just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh well.

Sorian

Banned
I completely disagree with that. Not when it comes at the expense of one person who actually expended some effort to create a design and could have potentially won.

The number of people who want to see cool designs that could go into the game probably outnumber the people that want to see intentionally shite designs for the lulz by a significant margin.

Seeing this just really rubbed me the wrong way.

Oh well.

What if every other entry was absolute trash and that was the best from the trash?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Just healed Aurum Vale for the first time with a horrible headache and an undergeared tank.

Absolutely the most miserable fucking experience I've had in this game.

duckroll

Thanks for all the assist on the Bahamut Coils today! Too bad we couldn't get to Final Coil today, tomorrow hopefully! The final fight on Second Coil sure was something... :p

duckroll

You guys have to invite me whenever you're doing final coils, I really need to do that lol.

Probably tomorrow at about the same time. So in 20-21 hours from now, I'll party with Dresden, and then we'll drag whoever else is in FC chat who wants to help out.

I also want to clear Gilgamesh and Good King Mog Extreme if possible.

It's seriously amazing how you can go 5 hours with no a11s clear and then one party 1 shots it. Man, a11s is still a wall for some it seems. Having killed 12 again this week... that dragoon spear dropped again ;_;

So as a new player shooting to be a healer, which would be the more useful, Scholar or White mage, and what all cross class abilities do I really need to level up for?

Edzi

Just healed Aurum Vale for the first time with a horrible headache and an undergeared tank.

Absolutely the most miserable fucking experience I've had in this game.

I'm in the middle of it as a tank. Second time, got it in the roulette. Just had my entire party passive aggressively disband. One DPS was a prick, the other kept dying because he didn't seem to understand the whole eating fruit thing, and the healer seemed to get fed up with the DPS dying. Our damage output was so bad that every time the boss summoned help we got overwhelmed because we couldn't kill them fast enough. They all left me after we wiped like 5 times on the boss, and now I've got 15 minute left, 2 dps that just joined late, and we're waiting for a healer. This is bullshit.

EDIT: Got some decent party members and we finished it in like 3 minutes. Seriously, I dunno why my first party had such terrible damage output.

Lanrutcon

I'm in the middle of it as a tank. Second time, got it in the roulette. Just had my entire party passive aggressively disband. One DPS was a prick, the other kept dying because he didn't seem to understand the whole eating fruit thing, and the healer seemed to get fed up with the DPS dying. Our damage output was so bad that every time the boss summoned help we got overwhelmed because we couldn't kill them fast enough. They all left me after we wiped like 5 times on the boss, and now I've got 15 minute left, 2 dps that just joined late, and we're waiting for a healer. This is bullshit.

EDIT: Got some decent party members and we finished it in like 3 minutes. Seriously, I dunno why my first party had such terrible damage output.

Game doesn't require you to complete your jobquests to level up, and doesn't inform you which job skills are required/situational.

It only gets worse in HW content.

kagamin

Probably tomorrow at about the same time. So in 20-21 hours from now, I'll party with Dresden, and then we'll drag whoever else is in FC chat who wants to help out.

I also want to clear Gilgamesh and Good King Mog Extreme if possible.

I'd have joined up if I was on Ultros and in the FC. :p

Zomba13

The thing is a design contest, not an art contest. What matters is the design and idea and not how well shaded it is. I like how they don't necessarily limit it to "is well drawn". I mean, that one is not well drawn and the design is also stupid (imo) but the point still stands that they should pick what they think looks good from a design perspective.

dramatis

So as a new player shooting to be a healer, which would be the more useful, Scholar or White mage, and what all cross class abilities do I really need to level up for?
Depends on if you want to raid. Honestly both are good, but SCH is easily one of the best classes in the game because of its dps output.

For cross class abilities, you will need conjurer's Protect and Stoneskin, thaumaturge's Swiftcast, and arcanist's Virus and Eye For An Eye.

However, the devs are changing the cross class system to make it easier in the expansion. I think. So it is up to you if you want to level all those things.

White Mage is the more straight forward of the two, but Scholar tends to be valued more for the additional utility. You can't go wrong with either, though.

The more important cross class skills for WHM include Surecast, Virus, Swiftcast, and Eye for an Eye. You can put off Eye for an Eye for a while, but Swiftcast is 100000% mandatory.

Took the plunge and pre-ordered Stormblood on PSN, June can't come fast enough (or can it?)

I'm conflicted though, planning on maining SAM this time around, but not sure if I want to start that right off the bat and level it asap and go through Stormblood with it, or just go as MNK and then go back and grind SAM.

My FC is kinda dead with people who seldom log in, loyalty to friends keeps me bound into staying, so I can't get people to run PotD with me. I'm debating on soloing the first 50 floors on WAR or just try my luck with randoms (that usually ends in failure.) I'd like to have that ready and available since it looks like people are going to spam that for the new jobs.

I could just spam 50-60 dungeons, but I dread the queue times since most of the playerbase will be doing Stormblood content.

wamberz1

[FFXIV's] Samurai was always going to be a close ranged melee DPS. The reason why, is because he [Yoshida] couldn't imagine a Samurai with a very thin sword trying to block and be a tank and it's also inaccurate to Japanese history.
Oh man, anyone remember the deadly monks of ancient china whos primary fighting style involved punching and kicking people in the back/side over and over again?

This is the most interesting part of that interview to me:

Twinfinite: With Shirogane as the new housing ward, is Ishgard a place that people shouldn’t hope for anymore, or is it still a possibility in the future?

Yoshida: All of our resources are focusing on Shirogane right now. Of course, we can’t say that we’re never going to have it. For a while, we’re going to be focusing on the Shirogane area. But that being said, after we have established Shirogane’s housing wards, we feel that possibility wise, rather than Ala Mihgo, maybe Ishgard might be a higher consideration point. We’re hoping by then Ishgard won’t be as frigid and cold!

I may be reading too much into a throwaway comment, but I'm wondering if he has plans to change the climate of Ishgard from being eternal snow sometime in the future of the storyline.

ebil

Not necessarily. That bit could refer to simplifying the way information is displayed to make it more obvious what the best item is. FF14's secondary stats are very obfuscated and everyone could do with having a crit% or a haste% or a parry% displayed instead of having random numbers that don't relate to anything measurable ingame (and that's even before taking thresholds into account). Making information more clear to everyone would be a huge way of streamlining gear choices, especially if they end up removing variables such as Accuracy.

That would at least stop players from saying nonsense such as "I'm above 1000 crit now so I think I'm okay and can start adding skill speed".

Edit: oh, yeah, and maybe they'll make secondaries scale sensibly while they're at it, even though I realize that's complicated.

Dresden

We were also thinking of a ranged caster as well. It's a very Japanese sort of... they call it ”onmyouji," but that was something that was debated also. I wish knew the best equivalent in English...

Twinfinite: Maybe like the Oracle from Final Fantasy Tactics?

Yoshida: Yes! Yes!

I want to cast debuffs and whack people with sticks :(

LordKasual

Banned
Deathflare is one of the best abilities in the game.

I don't have great gear for Summoner right now so what's the highest anyone has seen this crit for?

Deathflare literally made me want to switch to Summoner.

Watching the ridiculous DPS spike after a summoner uses that ability makes Flare look like garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom