• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm sitting at ilvl210ish for Summoner and Machinist from hunt gear. Decided to work on an anima so no Lore gear:( I already have the unidentified items, the crafted items from gc and 20+ vilekins

What are the raids I can join without worrying about being new? Are the old ex primals all face roll quick? I never got 7 other people to pass Titan ex but can I join a WT party finder and get my clear? They always locked the other EX trials behind him so I never got to even try the rest, are they still locked? Bahamuts Coil? Bismarck/Ravana EX? Which are the best places to safely hit up for WT at this time due to overgearing? I'd eventually like to learn one of the EX to try for a lanner? Who's easiest, Bismarck?

Also Thinking about just throwing up a PF and advertising bonus for a Gordias and Midas clear, can I just DF them?

All ARR Ex Primals can be facerolled at current ilvls. The only tricky one is Leviathan and that's just because you have to hold DPS at certain points or he will enrage and automatically wipe the raid.

Bismark and Ravana Ex are also both a joke and almost wipe proof at this point.

Nidhogg EX and the Warring Triad are all fairly easy to learn. Hardest is probably Sephirot but even his mechanic rotation can be easily memorized after just a few runs.

Thordan Ex is a hellish abomination of a fight and I would not recommend trying it until SB or unless you find a very patient group to run it with.

kagamin

All ARR Ex Primals can be facerolled at current ilvls. The only tricky one is Leviathan and that’s just because you have to hold DPS at certain points or he will enrage and automatically wipe the raid.

Nidhogg EX and the Warring Triad are all fairly easy to learn. Hardest is probably Sephirot but even his mechanic rotation can be easily memorized after just a few runs.

Thordan Ex is a hellish abomination of a fight and I would not recommend trying it until SB or unless you find a very patient group to run it with.

Thordan was such a damn fun fight honestly, I'd probably have had a much harder time without my current item level but seriously I really enjoyed it.

Valor

If its moreso taking inspiration from Tactics-era though, aren't there only humans around in that one?

Tactics itself only has humans around in it, yeah. It also draws a lot of similarities since you can read the story of tactics from a FFXIV lens with the Zodiac stones summoning the Lucavi similarly to the way primals are summon. Hell, in a XIV lens it makes perfect sense that St. Ajora in Tactics would be a Primal summoned by the church.

duckroll

Tactics itself only has humans around in it, yeah. It also draws a lot of similarities since you can read the story of tactics from a FFXIV lens with the Zodiac stones summoning the Lucavi similarly to the way primals are summon. Hell, in a XIV lens it makes perfect sense that St. Ajora in Tactics would be a Primal summoned by the church.

That's the exact plot I'm playing right now with Shiva and the heretics in 2.4 though!

ebil

All ARR Ex Primals can be facerolled at current ilvls. The only tricky one is Leviathan and that’s just because you have to hold DPS at certain points or he will enrage and automatically wipe the raid.

Why? Thordan should be really easy at this point.

Even if DPS is bad you won't see the last phases (you'll basically end the run after Dragon's Rage or during the next KoTR cast) that are the most difficult to deal with. As long as people fill the towers (it's by far the biggest cause of wipes and should be stressed very loudly) it's very hard to wipe to this fight if you've read up the mechanics.

I'm not picking on you or anything, it's an opinion I often read and it's so weird to me as it doesn't match my experience at all (even with casual/"bad" groups like my FC).

Agreed, Thor EX is an absolute joke in current ilevel or ilevel of patches ago. The only mechanic you need to worry about is towers and spear because spear is an instant wipe. If two or three people get killed by the dashing knight during tethers you won't wipe since the dps check is super easy now. I mean, as long as you have a healer alive it is doable, lol. Oh yeah and look away from gaze... that's it.

48.jpg

It'll fit with Stormblood's Asian aesthetic.

xero273

started as a lancer, wasn't feeling so i ran to Ul'dah to switch to puglist.. boo I have to start at level 1. at least i don't have far to go since my lancer with lvl13

duckroll

started as a lancer, wasn't feeling so i ran to Ul'dah to switch to puglist.. boo I have to start at level 1. at least i don't have far to go since my lancer with lvl13

So basically you started as the bandwagon DPS character the first expansion panders to, and wasn't feeling it, so you switched to the bandwagon DPS character the second expansion panders to?!

:)

Qvoth

at low level every class is boring, you should judge a class when you've reached 50
ff14's exp system gives you a bonus for the highest leveled class you have, so if you have a level 60 and wants to level another class, the exp bonus is more compared to having a level 20 and then leveling another class

I just learned from some randoms in DF that you spam Power Slash as Dark Knight to do damage.

When I explained to them that they were wrong and why they just doubled down which I kind of expected. I just thought it was funny to see in DF because it's been a long time since I've seen someone peddle such blatant misinformation.

kagamin

That's what I did, except I leveled lancer all the way to 35 before I decided that I wanted to switch lol.

Ken

For Ninja they should make it so that when you cast Huton it doesn't start depleting until you enter combat.

That way you can precast before going into a trial and don't have to make people wait for you to setup.

That one's really good.

That'd be nice. They've done some pre-pull QoLs before so maybe!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So, new primal? Any guesses as to what it is going to be?

Lanrutcon

I just learned from some randoms in DF that you spam Power Slash as Dark Knight to do damage.

When I explained to them that they were wrong and why they just doubled down which I kind of expected. I just thought it was funny to see in DF because it's been a long time since I've seen someone peddle such blatant misinformation.

Hope you felt incredibly shitty afterwards. Shame on you.

Trying to give advice in a DF party? We've taught you better than that, mister.

Level 60 Bard in DF: "no wanderers isnt more dmage"

kagamin

lol, everyone seems to get bored of lancer/dragoon.

It's not that I got bored, my friends told me Monk is the most boring Job so I took that as a challenge, and I never bothered going back to work on it anymore lol.

Patch 3.56 Preview

Patch 3.56 is scheduled to release on Tuesday, March 28, and will usher in the end of the Heavensward main scenario.

Holy shit, let's go.

I shouldn't click and read any of this right?

Yes, you'd be right.

kagamin

Spent a little time today farming aetheric condensation, since I'm obsessive about this stuff I counted that I'm at about 732 right now, considering I started yesterday that's not bad at all tbh.

Foxxsoxx

So I'm pretty annoyed again.

I haven't been able to play for days because Square keeps messing up with my password somehow.

When I try to play on PS4 I get the Square Enix ID, Vee_ex.

I try my password and it doesn't work so I reset it and put that one in. It doesn't work, I figure the site somehow hadn't updated it yet so I wait and try later. Same thing. I try the next day, same thing. I reset to another password again, and again the same thing.

So I go through the site itself and it won't work there either. However using my email address and password that I reset it to, bam it shows my profile.

Here is where it gets weird. The ID that I use, the one that is literally unchangeable on PS4 is different from the one it shows me.

So my PSN ID is Vee_ex, but when I go to the website it shows me Vee_rex.

I'm so utterly confused. I never have issues with passwords, but this game has caused me complete strife on 3 different occasions with this.

I know it isn't a hacking attempt or anything like that, but maybe it has something to do when I registered for the beta all those years back and logged in for 10 seconds. That's the only thing I can think of.

So I'm stuck not being able to log in because of some weird one letter difference in my Square Enix ID, which is weird because this happened a month ago when I rejoined and after resetting my password 15 times it finally worked.

image.php
image.php
image.php

Thorgal

Well, whatever primal it is
given that Ilberd called it a being even stronger than the Dreadwyrm himself (aka Bahamut ) before offing himself it has to be something special

dramatis

Will GAF's guild house move to the new housing area in Stormblood? I hope so. I want a change of scenery, and what else is better than a chinese theme?
I sighed.
So I'm pretty annoyed again.
You should probably chat with SE support to see how to fix that instead of hoping the password will work.

Your SE account it bound to one PSN account so if you can get in with your password even with a different PSN, there might be something more to it than a misspelling.

Cmagus

Woo! Hit 50 mining. God only knows why I did that.
Gathering can make you a lot of money so it's not a waste of time. I can't craft to save my life but I make my money from gathering, I usually pull 300-500k a day with little effort and it could be more if I focused on it.

Omni

I pretty much got every drop I needed in 12s some months ago so eh. I don't care too badly

Though it's gonna be harder to justify logging in without raiding

dramatis

DS: How large and complex will Kugane be compared to Ishgard?

NY: In terms of scale, we think it will be approximately the same as Ishgard, but it’s one of the first areas where there won’t be loading screens. It will be seamless. We also made it so that you can climb on top of roofs and traverse from there, like ninja running on the rooftops. We’d like to encourage players to explore that way as well.

You’ll be surprised to see how climbable some of these buildings are.
Assassin's Creed: Stormblood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom