• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
star-wars-portfolio-06-2017-ss14.jpg

The First Order: Galactic menace or prog rock band?

7Cr78ar.jpg

..............BB-9E..............
is who I was thinking. Not a major character, admittedly, but surely something that gets revealed in more fanfare then 'suddenly in a toy'.

Pretty sure they're talking about those in the EW articles, aren't they?

It's not a big deal at all.

Kinda like all the variations there were for Rogue One. It'll just be some four-packs & shit.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Oh, the Rey thing?

She's not a Skywalker. She's apparently a clone created by Darth Vader on Kamino based off of a powerful Jedi he killed prior to the start of the OT, whose family sigil actually became the basis for the Rebellion's logo. Unfortunately, almost entire project was a bust and the all of the clones were eradicated as part of Operation Cinder. But one was saved thanks to a sympathetic scientist who decided to leave her on Jakku where she could never be found, but implanted with false memories of a family to disorient her as well.

Rey also finds out her real name towards the end: Rey Marek.

I mean, why do you think her powers only got amplified on Starkiller Base?

tenor.gif

I'll take that paycheck, Kathy.

I like TFU so yeah i will take this.

All I know is that some pool fool is going to stay up until midnight or 3AM on nothing but the vague promise of something quite possibly not even TLJ-related.

Which is pretty much par for the course at this point

I think it's a safe bet that we'll be finding out about Rey's lineage in The Last Jedi. However it might just be something that amounts to some very basic information on the matter, like Empire's "I am your father" reveal and then the finer details of how it all works out are explored more in Episode IX.

I'm still riding this train hard:

Luke either A) doesn't know Rey is his daughter or B) thought she was dead

Rey's mother either had Rey beyond Luke's knowledge or he thought she and Rey died in some event

Almost 100% Kylo Ren knows who she is even if she *isn't* a Skywalker. The "WHAT GIRL?!" after the escape from Jakku is pretty blatant.

I think this points to Luke's wife/Rey's mother being A) dead, and him thinking she was along with Rey, or B) she was a force user that turned evil, and could end up being the big-big bad (I think Snoke is a patsy).

That's my take.

N7.Angel

Oh, the Rey thing?

She's not a Skywalker. She's apparently a clone created by Darth Vader on Kamino based off of a powerful Jedi he killed prior to the start of the OT, whose family sigil actually became the basis for the Rebellion's logo. Unfortunately, almost entire project was a bust and the all of the clones were eradicated as part of Operation Cinder. But one was saved thanks to a sympathetic scientist who decided to leave her on Jakku where she could never be found, but implanted with false memories of a family to disorient her as well.

Rey also finds out her real name towards the end: Rey Marek.

I mean, why do you think her powers only got amplified on Starkiller Base?

tenor.gif

I'll take that paycheck, Kathy.

Probably better than what they'll come with at the end...

Sounds more and more like Luke doesn't want anything to do with the galaxy at all. He knows the old order failed, he failed, he probably thinks it best if the Jedi stayed gone.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So the first Rogue One trailer was released a year ago today, eh? The first trailer for TLJ must be coming soon.

Although the first official trailer for TFA didn't come out until October, so who friggin knows.

"I think the fans are going to love it. It’s very much the kind of movie they’ve been looking for."

"I created them, I’m very intimately involved in them, and I sold them to the white slavers that take these things and …"

Nah not bitter

No, that's not bitter.

Jesus Christ.

I know for a fact you've been involved in the conversations that discussed this shit thoroughly, so this is apparently another example of you just... deciding it's going to just be one way for you? I guess. I dunno.

He's not bitter about making 4 billion selling his company and watching them make more movies with it.

Surfinn

No, that's not bitter.

Jesus Christ.

I know for a fact you've been involved in the conversations that discussed this shit thoroughly, so this is apparently another example of you just... deciding it's going to just be one way for you? I guess. I dunno.

He's not bitter about making 4 billion selling his company and watching them make more movies with it.
It's not an "example" of anything. You're seeing things.

He seems at least bitter, not about making and giving away money, which is an awesome decision, but about what Lucasfilm decided to do with EP7 and the fact that they largely discard what he cooked up.

You don't have to agree. But for real dude, you make a way bigger deal out of shit sometimes than it needs to be. I'm not saying he's a bad guy. It's just an observation.

Chill out with your ridiculous judgements

Top Bottom