• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

luchadork

The only thing bumming me out about this is the number of people spoiling themselves on a game's ending without any context to try and defend Damiani. It would help if posters like Luchadork weren't posting untagged spoilers about a game he hasn't played.

untagged spoilers? the game has multiple endings and shooting mechanics. with zero context how have i spoilt anything?

luchadork

Nothing about your lack of self awareness even when it's pointed out to you is surprising.

ebcBM.gif

Ok if you're referring to Luchadork saying "one ending is a tedious shootemup section" as a spoiler you are a crazy person as even removed from context that tells you nothing about that particular ending in a game full of shoot em up sections

I completely sympathize with getting frustrated at people for carelessly spoiling but that tells you nothing. If it's also you being protective of others, nothing says "hey nothing to see here" like making a big deal out of it. Lol

As far as people looking it up for themselves and "spoiling", that's on them. It's a great moment but the game doesn't fall apart knowing it

Now, if you'd like to know some really dumb shit regarding this same thing: On the Giant Bombcast the week after it came out a guest from Gamespot spoiled that ending in detail. The fact someone would even do that is hilarious, regardless of them thinking it's far enough removed from story to be OK

Nasbin

I am having a hard time picturing the mental gymnastics required to acknowledge that spoilers a week after the game comes out are bad but spoilers not even two months out are not bad, and also suddenly no longer even qualify as spoilers. You have to be deliberately ignoring the trigger for this whole stupid discussion.

I am having a hard time picturing the mental gymnastics required to acknowledge that spoilers a week after the game comes out are bad but spoilers not even two months out are not bad, and also suddenly no longer even qualify as spoilers. You have to be deliberately ignoring the trigger for this whole stupid discussion.
Because one of them is going in-depth in detail of what it is, and how it ends up, and what it actually means

And one is not

If I tell you there's a fight scene at the end of a film that tells you nothing. If I say there's a fight scene where they're riding on motorcycles, and then you realize the motorcycles were actually people, and those people are actually riding motorcycles, that's a spoiler.

Nasbin

If I tell you there's a fight scene at the end of a film that tells you nothing.

Yes it does, what's so hard to grasp about this? Now the viewer knows to expect said fight scene and anything that happens in between must ultimately necessitate its happening. But this is way more offensive than your example because fight scenes are traditional and to be expected. It's really sad to watch you just exacerbate this as if to make a point.

:lol, that's the 'spoiler' you guys were talking about? I tabled Nier to play Zelda, and finally am about to jump back in... so I'd rather avoid spoilers. Learning that the game has more pew pew sections is not a spoiler.

IMO!

PepperedHam

Regardless of what has been said and what people consider spoilers - it's pretty fuckin frustrating to have to worry about untagged shit at all in a totally unrelated thread. Before you mention anything about a game take the 30 seconds of consideration to maybe wonder if someone would not want to know something, and if so it takes even less time than that to add a tag to your post.

I'll be starting Nier soon and I've been good so far by sticking mostly to this EZA thread and news related threads, and it's annoying to me that it's necessary to have to walk on eggshells in here. The magnitude of the spoilers aside, tag the shit regardless.

I get that it's annoying trying to talk about things wondering what may or may not be a spoiler to some people considering a lot of people including me overreact but when it has to do with endings, full context or not, that stuff belongs in tags IMO.

luchadork

Regardless of what has been said and what people consider spoilers - it's pretty fuckin frustrating to have to worry about untagged shit at all in a totally unrelated thread. Before you mention anything about a game take the 30 seconds of consideration to maybe wonder if someone would not want to know something, and if so it takes even less time than that to add a tag to your post.

I'll be starting Nier soon and I've been good so far by sticking mostly to this EZA thread and news related threads, and it's annoying to me that it's necessary to have to walk on eggshells in here. The magnitude of the spoilers aside, tag the shit regardless.

I get that it's annoying trying to talk about things wondering what may or may not be a spoiler to some people considering a lot of people including me overreact but when it has to do with endings, full context or not, that stuff belongs in tags IMO.

would you consider the easy allies review of nier to be full of spoilers? since it shows 12 minutes of gameplay, discusses not only the amount of endings but the context and themes of them too?

PepperedHam

would you consider the easy allies review of nier to be full of spoilers? since it shows 12 minutes of gameplay, discusses not only the amount of endings but the context and themes of them too?
I didn't watch the review and won't watch the review so I couldn't tell you. But this thread isn't the Nier Automata review, untagged details about aspects of the game's endings should be tagged, severe or not.

I'm not actually sure what the issue is with taking others into consideration and putting certain information in tags. Does it physically ail some people to do so? I mean I get wanting to argue your point if you don't see anything wrong with what you did - and from the outside honestly I don't feel that spoiled by what was said, but it's still information surrounding one of the endings of a game. Whether it talks about what the character's butt looks like in the final moments or it's just a passing comment on a gameplay mechanic - I do think it should be put in tags.

Philippo

Heh, EZA review of NieR was not the safest, it talked about mechanics that weren't shown in promotional material, hence kept as surprises.
It's definitey not the biggest deal, but still something that i would have liked to discover by myself in the game.

Budi

Heh, EZA review of NieR was not the safest, it talked about mechanics that weren't shown in promotional material, hence kept as surprises.
It's definitey not the biggest deal, but still something that i would have liked to discover by myself in the game.

Could you PM me what you mean? I'm wondering if you are referring to something that's literally in every review.
And in the launch trailer.

Edit: Was not that, carry on!

Auctopus

I will totally reinforce Ben's Attack On Titan: Season 2 recommendation. I thought S1 was good but I didn't totally understand the phenomenon it set off. I think S2 has already done a better job with characters, environments and tone. Additionally, due to it confirming it will have less episodes than S1, the pace is much better.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Man the EZA content flow has been pretty crazy since Friend Code and the Movie podcast have been introduced + all the bonus stuff dropping lately. Hope nobody burning out over there, especially with E3 around the corner. Been enjoying it in general a lot though. I legit feel like I'm never more than a day away from something fun dropping a lot of time even less than a day.

i just read on one of the youtube videos that most of the allies have daytime jobs outside EZA, which makes sense considering the amount of patreon money they get.
i was just wondering, do we know what any of them do? i mean is it publically known or have they talked about it? of course no information from internet detective shenanigans please.

Hasney

Man the EZA content flow has been pretty crazy since Friend Code and the Movie podcast have been introduced + all the bonus stuff dropping lately. Hope nobody burning out over there, especially with E3 around the corner. Been enjoying it in general a lot though. I legit feel like I'm never more than a day away from something fun dropping even less.

A lot of the new content does seem to be passion projects which just need some planning and the small amounts of editing, so it shouldn't break anyone. And if Ben wasn't broken by this review season, nothing will break him.

i just read on one of the youtube videos that most of the allies have daytime jobs outside EZA, which makes sense considering the amount of patreon money they get.
i was just wondering, do we know what any of them do? i mean is it publically known or have they talked about it? of course no information from internet detective shenanigans please.

AFAIK Don and Ian are the only 2 with outside jobs. Don's at Funhaus and Ian's at Viacom, or some production company that has a show on Viacom. Brandon, Ben and Damiani are full time and the rest are classed as part time, but still seem to do the work of someone that's close to being full time anyway.

Don works for Funhaus
Ian is a video editor... somewhere?
Kyle had his stint as producer at youtube gaming live and the game awards

Damiani and Ben are the only full-time

I don't know about the other allies.

Mista Koo

The formatting was much better this episode. I actually watched the whole thing!

Jones and Kyle liking Johnathan is very weird to me. I get why Kyle rates part 3 and 4 lower since the plot and the villains get more of a backstage role. But Jonathan? Ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And yes Kyle, Josuke's pose is super stupid.

I need to read the manga.

AFAIK Don and Ian are the only 2 with outside jobs. Don's at Funhaus and Ian's at Viacom, or some production company that has a show on Viacom. Brandon, Ben and Damiani are full time and the rest are classed as part time, but still seem to do the work of someone that's close to being full time anyway.

Are you thinking of Seedlings? Because I'm pretty sure that ended years ago.

Ray Down

Banned
Johnathan is basically manly gentlemen type, which is a bit more unique for protag now a days.

Though anyone ranking 1 over 4 is committing sacrilege.

Kneefoil

I haven't watched/listened to EZAnime yet, but I personally really like Jonathan because of his connection to DIO, and because of how Phantom Blood is even more melodramatic than the other parts.

Joseph is obviously the better character, though.

Mikey Jr.

I cant believe how much old Joseph sucks compared to young Joseph.

The hell happened there? He just sucks in everything. Battle, charm, character, humour. Fucking everything.

Mista Koo

The hell happened there? He just sucks in everything. Battle, charm, character, humour. Fucking everything.
What? No. Old Joseph is a great character that stands on his own. It's just that young Joseph is probably the best character in the anime so you wanted him to stay the same even when he's older and in a different story with a different role.

jett

D-Member

What? Old Joseph is the best.

And Josuke was not getting enough love in the podcast.

Auctopus

DIU wasn't getting enough love in general. Really surprised they didn't touch on it when it came to Araki's art seeing as Part 4 is the point where he stops being so influenced by Fist of the North Star and develops his own style. The colour choices in Part 4 are brilliant in themselves. Really great characters too.

My overall feelings on JoJo (at least the first 3 parts; I've only just started watching Diamond is Unbreakable): It's basically an animated equivalent of stupidly cheesy 80s action flicks like Commando where the characters are more like caricatures because they're so over-the-top.

It's okay but overrated. Can't deny its influence, though.

However, I did finally get somewhat invested to an extent with the climax of Stardust Crusaders and the little bit of Diamond is Unbreakable I've watched I've actually liked as it feels more grounded (for JoJo at least).

Mikey Jr.

What? No. Old Joseph is a great character that stands on his own. It's just that young Joseph is probably the best character in the anime so you wanted him to stay the same even when he's older and in a different story with a different role.

What? Old Joseph is the best.

I wish they would go back to part 2 and continue the story from there. Part 3 is so weak. I mean, man. Its just "monster of the week" type stuff now. Kind of sucks.

Also, what is with the insane amount of censoring on crunchyroll?

Nada. Ian's mentioned it on a podcast or group stream before. Think he even mentioned what show it was but seemed to be by accident so I don't know if he wants it known or what.
End of last year he said he was doing editing for some stuff on Comedy Central's website (maybe even Snapchat? Not totally sure on that one though)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of the new content does seem to be passion projects which just need some planning and the small amounts of editing, so it shouldn't break anyone. And if Ben wasn't broken by this review season, nothing will break him.
Hehe. Well certainly hope that's the case. The slight worry was cause many of them link a lot of their other passions to their work on top of gaming. I mean sure that sounds great and probably is great in a lot of cases but I also think depending on what type of person one is one can run the danger of not having any other reprieve from work when everything you enjoy is tied to "oh I gotta produce something on it!". But of course this might be a total nonissue depending on what type of person one is.
----------------------
One of the great points EZAnime brought up was how the Jojos/heroes of the series are actually pretty shitty in certain ways. It's honestly one of the things that makes the series compelling to me and a big part of the reason why I really like part 6 Stone Ocean.
I enjoyed the story around Jotaro and Jolyne very strained relationship based on him being a shitty father. It was kind of like how I'd imagine how Goku's children more realistically would turn out given that he's a pretty bad role model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom