• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

So IS just gave up and went with the 'we can have horse emblem and you can't' approach for this map. Oh, and they have a bow cavalry, 6 units, buffed stats, and the player loses if a single unit dies. Great design as usual 👏.

Maybe for the next infernal GHB they should just give all the enemies guns.

Managed Hard and Lunatic without much issue, at least.

They made a challenging map that can be cleared through planning and good team composition, and not through brute force. If anything, I consider it a success.

As always, there are videos of people clearing it with suboptimal units.

kewlmyc

Beat Infernal with a horse team setup that I stole from Youtube. Pretty much my standard team, but not using Rein, having buff nuke Cecilia become TA3 Raven Cecilia instead, and having Spur Calvary on everyone.

evangd007

Pulled only blues going for Delthea. Got her (+spd/-res) and a Mathilda (+res/-atk) on the last board after around 90 orbs.

One of my friends tried the same. He got a Boey, Jaffar, Gray, and 3 Mathildas on 180 orbs. After the third Mathilda he decided to cut his losses.

Ninferno

Just got to know that the cut-off for staying in T20 was about 4860 last week, looks like the two waves (weaker last week, stronger this week) are pretty close to converging now. This week's cut-off may drop to 4880 ~ 4890 (from 4900 two weeks ago) I guess, which is something I can't quite easily achieved yet with Sharena. So, looks like this is yet another slack week for arena, woohoo. May check back 2 weeks later then.

MicH

Decided to buy a few orbs for a last ditch attempt at a better Delthea. Instead I got freaking THREE Reinhardt lol (all were 4*). In a row too! Never managed to pull any before so this was awesome and a bit odd. Two were +ATK and -DEF so that was really great. Then managed to pull another Delthea... but this one was also -SPD +DEF, Wtf?!?

I guess I used my luck on the Reinhardts

Can't take Infernal at the moment, but as good as my roster is (at least, on paper), it's taken some work recently. For instance, I spent tonight upgrading some Lon'qus and Odins to 4*. I took one Odin to 5* and put Barblade+ and Moonbow on Linde.

I've got a solid Horse Emblem team in Rein, Eldigan, Cecilia, and Leo. (Other candidates: Mathilda, Xander, Olwen).

And Flier Emblem, there's Spring Camilla, Hinoka, Minerva, and Palla. (Others: OG Camilla, Michalis.)

And for Armor Emblem, I've got Hector, Effie, Sheena, and Zephiel.

... so, I've finally started on actually approaching the meta, even if I'm ignoring the Arena mostly. I suppose I've got to work more on skill inheritance, because my regular team of Hector, Ryoma, Azura, and Nino isn't cutting it in many instances, which is admittedly a good thing. I really do want to clear Infernal Berkut, and I did clear 40k in Tempest Trials this time.

Edit: Infernal down! Really satisfying that I figured it out on my own! Ironically, it was the Hector, Ryoma, Azura, Nino team. But it took some SI and seal equipping to make it happen. I probably didn't have the ideal solution, but it's just so damn cool to tackle hard challenges in this game.

lt519

190 orbs down on the new banner and only a 5* Peri to show for it. Guess I'll stockpile for another two months. I haven't gotten a new banner unit in a very very long time.

It's fun that they made anti-cavalry units, not fun that you have to be really lucky to even get one.

Didn't even bother with Tempest, content is getting too repetitive. I've got 90k feathers so I'm not even bothering with infernal GHB. I'll drop back out of T19 this week, oh well.

explodet

I apparently had a 4* +ATK Cordelia just lying around doing nothing since March. That's something to level once I'm done dumping stamina into the Tempest.

Edit: Infernal down! Really satisfying that I figured it out on my own! Ironically, it was the Hector, Ryoma, Azura, Nino team.
That's almost a full Hero Fest team!

OVDRobo

Finally managed Infernal Berkut after a load of skill inheritence post-sleep.

Team was:
Ike - Aether, Fury, Quick Riposte, HP +3 Seal
Ephraim - Moonbow, Armored Blow, Seal Def, Threaten Def, Attack +1 Seal (I know Seal and Threaten doesn't stack. Ephraim wasn't a big factor and I completely missed the overlap)
Titania - Glacies, Armored Blow, Wings of Mercy, Res+1 Seal
Frederick - Luna, Def +3, Wings of Mercy

All characters used their default weapons and mostly irrelevant C skills.

Turn 1
Ike starts at the top position with Titania on the right. Ephraim and Frederick at the bottom - Frederick in the square the can be reached by the blue lance cavalry.

Ike moves two spaces left to bait the Red Mage and Green Axe Cavalry to attack him. Titania moves up to the defense tile near Ike (top-right), Frederick stays put and Ephraim moves to his right side.

Ike gets attacked by the Red Mage Cavalry and Green Axe Cavalry. Because I won the bad luck lottery and got a -SPD Ike, Quick Riposte and Fury were necessary to ensure that he could take both enemy attacks, survive, and kill the Red Mage on the first turn, leaving the Green Cavalry at 22HP and Ike at 1HP thanks to Fury.

Berkut moves up after the scent of a dying Red while the additional Inferno Lance Cavalry attacks Frederick doing almost nothing to him while half-dying himself. The Bow Cavalry moves right to the central area while the Green Mage moves down to the bottom-left corner.

Turn 2
Ike defeats the Green Axe Cavalry in one blow. Titania warps past Berkut to the opposite side of Ike and Repositions him into the top-left corner, protecting him from Berkut while being on a defense tile and in range of Berkut's attack. Frederick finishes the Blue Lance Cavalry then Ephraim Repositions him into the bottom-right corner to ensure he's out of range of the Green Mage attack with his pitiful RES. Bow Cavalry moves to the defense tile to shoot at Ephraim and the Green Mage moves to the closest lower-left defense tile.

Turn 3
Titania finishes Berkut off. Ephraim attacks the Green Mage and Frederick rushes in to finish him with a Luna activation. Leaving only the Bow Cavalry.

Frederick moves to the former-Green Mage's defense tile to lure the Bow Cavalry off his then bludgeoned him together with Ephraim.

---

I know I mocked IS earlier for resorting to horse emblem themselves but this was a really satisfying map to ultimately figure out. If anyone else is having trouble: a strong green tank, someone who can lure the Red Mage and Green Axe Cavalry to the top-left, and Wings of Mercy/Escape Route are all good places to start.

Scum

Stole a strategy from youtube and tweaked it mercilessly for Infernal. Turns out promoting Anna to 5* a while ago ended up paying off. And holy crap the sacred seals flew all over the place. I ended up with 3 characters all having 6 HP among them.

Nice. Man, I sure could go for one of those.
My last 5* was a -ATK Camilla.

24027086531_f85a78cb81_o.png

Roman

Any good Neutral Mathilda build guys? Guess i am going to make an anti horse emblem unit lol.

I honestly wouldn't recommend spending these resources but the best build arena chat and I could come up with is Deft Harpoon/Distant Counter/B Tomebreaker/Iceberg.

An even more unconventional but effective route would be an aggressive Brave Lance build with Defense Ploy.

For a budget build Berkut's Lance/a generic A skill like Fury/Quick Riposte would not be awful.

Making her an actual Cavalry counter would still kind of require Distant Counter. The biggest problem is that Titania is in a much better color, comes with the better suited weapon for the role, and has more Speed.

In other news, personal best!

_Legacy_

Gave the Berkut Infernal a try and did it after several attempts, I completed with Xander, Olivia, Bridelia and Nino.

Nino and Bridelia again the mvp's for me.

Ninferno

Well, at least he died at the hands of some royal princesses rather than peasants. He should die happy then. lol

WoM is no brainer but Obstruct is pretty cool. Need to have a Sakura with 37 defense first though:)

Now just need to wait and see if Mkv. can do it with 3*s. I think people has already put up video of 4* clears?

Sölf

Well, at least he died at the hands of some royal princesses rather than peasants. He should die happy then. lol

WoM is no brainer but Obstruct is pretty cool. Need to have a Sakura with 37 defense first though:)

Now just need to wait and see if Mkv. can do it with 3*s. I think people has already put up video of 4* clears?

Yeah, there are several 4* videos. There are also several 1 turn clears using fliers with Killer Weapons, Gale Force and WoM dancers.

I doubt mkv can do it with 3*. I am not sure he could do any of the previous infernals with only 3*, but I may be mistaken.

Ninferno

Sölf;243893484 said:
Yeah, there are several 4* videos. There are also several 1 turn clears using fliers with Killer Weapons, Gale Force and WoM dancers.

I doubt mkv can do it with 3*. I am not sure he could do any of the previous infernals with only 3*, but I may be mistaken.

He did the Alm & Celica Infernal BHB with 3*, but yeah Clarisse and Legion were done by 4* in Infernal and 3* in Lunatic.

PK Gaming

I know I mocked IS earlier for resorting to horse emblem themselves but this was a really satisfying map to ultimately figure out. If anyone else is having trouble: a strong green tank, someone who can lure the Red Mage and Green Axe Cavalry to the top-left, and Wings of Mercy/Escape Route are all good places to start.

Congrats! Happy to see you pull through.

Getting through a tough map via your own units / tactics is an amazing feeling

Bovine

Neo Member
Decided to try for Delthea, put in 15 orbs (targeted the one blue each time). Third orb gave me a +Speed -Def Delthea. I really hope I haven't used up all my luck when choose your legends comes around.

Sushen

Before I quit, I spent some money as the final hurray (hoping to find a new interest), first time in over a month. I got summer robin and sonya with atk- and spd- respectively. Even 4* boey I got along the way was def-, his only redeeming quality taken. Including all other 4* units I pulled, every fucking units were in the worst possible IVs.

I got the message loud and clear, IS. I won't miss a thing from this goddamn junk.

Before I quit, I spent some money as the final hurray (hoping to find a new interest), first time in over a month. I got summer robin and sonya with atk- and spd- respectively. Even 4* boey I got along the way was def-, his only redeeming quality taken. Including all other 4* units I pulled, every fucking units were in the worst possible IVs.

I got the message loud and clear, IS. I won't miss a thing from this goddamn junk.

Man, I feel for you.

When I started playing in February, I almost never received -ATK or -SPD on my 5* pulls. Marth, Sanaki, Julia, and Minerva were among my earliest 5* units, and each of them have neutral stats. I received a +HP/-DEF Linde from the Legendary Heroes banner, and I've been using her ever since.

I really think that my IV luck started going downhill once Ike's banner hit. I summoned a Titania with +ATK/-SPD. +ATK is great for her, but the -SPD basically ruins it. After this point, I started getting several bad IVs in a row.

On Hero Fest, I paid money and received five 5* Heroes: 2 Azura, 1 Hector, 1 Ryoma, 1 Lucina. The Ryoma was blessed with +SPD/-HP, but the others were not so lucky. Hector is +RES/-DEF, but he is still very usable for me. I was very disappointed with both Azura pulls and Lucina. I'm really pissed about Lucina being +RES/-ATK, and I still haven't even leveled her up. For Azura, I have +RES/-ATK, and +RES/-SPD.

However, I have learned to appreciate +RES/-ATK Azura. It's still inferior to other spreads, but ATK is really not that important for her because she is primarily utility. Only -SPD is truly bad for her, so that copy is rotting in the box.

I pretty much had my Hero types covered except for a strong colorless unit. I used around 100 Orbs on the Battling Lloyd banner to summon Klein. I got a 5* Klein...with +RES/-SPD. Pretty bad.

So, my next time to summon was Bridal Blessings. I spent close to 120 Orbs on this, but I got Bridal Cordelia...with +SPD/-RES! I also got a 4* Klein with neutral IVs before summoning her. This ended my long streak of bad IVs.

The bad luck immediately returned with the current Tempest Trials focus. I spent exactly 120 Orbs (doing full 20 Orb summons, BTW) just to get Mae with +DEF/-SPD. The extra points were ultimately worth it, but I'm not happy about having the worst possible version of Mae.

It's a shame you're quitting, but I get the frustration. Many of us have had bad luck, and it does hurt motivation. The feather payouts are really keeping me in the game, because a lot of my most wanted Heroes can be summoned at 4* rarity. So, I will primarily be doing upgrades.

champloo

Defensive wins are flowing in this week somehow, got 6 already.

lol at Cavalry banner and Cavalry quest after they introduced Ridersbane, kinda wanna pull for Olwen though. must resist..

OVDRobo

IV system really is irredeemable. It's just RNG on top of RNG and can turn the scarce few moments of good luck into bad luck. Shame that you decided to quit but lower player numbers and revenue is the only way to convince companies to make systems more generous and fair.

---

Decided to try to pull for Olwen since she's the only Blue Mage I can really tolerate and I need someone who can do some actual damage unlike Robin who is the only Blue Mage unit I have currently. No dice, though I only had just short of 50 orbs.

While I didn't get anything of much value from my pulls, I did get my first Effie who I have no idea how to use, nor really want to. I was happy to get a Subaki for his quick Riposte to inherit on Berkut. I never thought I'd be happy to pull that conceited, unlikable character but there you have it. Every trash pull has its use.

He's slowly becoming more useful, but still has a long way to go. I'm still determined to find some way to make Berkut a vaguely passable unit. I've managed to make a decent Beruka and Sophia so I'm used to working with low speed characters. I must admit, though, that even I have to question my judgement in promoting him when I had a level 40, 4* Camus and Xander in the same queue.

champloo

But you know you want this, right? :)

You just want to brag about your Olwen don't you..
I know, especially since I've only got one 5* blue with Nowi, but it seems Olwen needs a bit too much investment to be great. also I prefer someone with a lance at this point. Hinoka when..

So yea, I finally got phantom spd seal. Did about 32k Worths of the first tier yesterday to make sure I got there. It's the only stage I can beat quickly.

Is there any good use for it? My Effie is complete, and I'm close to finishing up Bridal Cordelia, Lucina, Nowi, Linde, Eirika and Azura...

Edit: and just got a -ATK, +RES Delthea...is she salvageable at all?

Mupod

So yea, I finally got phantom spd seal. Did about 32k Worths of the first tier yesterday to make sure I got there. It's the only stage I can beat quickly.

Is there any good use for it? My Effie is complete, and I'm close to finishing up Bridal Cordelia, Lucina, Nowi, Linde, Eirika and Azura...

Edit: and just got a -ATK, +RES Delthea...is she salvageable at all?

I mainly wanted Phantom Spd because they love sneaking watersweep/windsweep on to troublesome units in Grand Hero Battles lately. It would've been a huge help in the Alm/Celica one in particular.

If you want to use it offensively, I feel like it would be most useful on someone running a Brave weapon along with Windsweep. I've seen Hanas with that setup but none of them have been fast enough to outspeed Camus, with that seal it could be a problem.

Samstrike

After spendng 100 orbs with nothing but disappointment on that cavalier banner i got a 5* +ATK/-RES Roderick. Not the cavalier i was shooting but not bad i guess.

Now i wondering if I should keep him or if I should put his weapon on a +SPD/-HP Cordelia? I would need to upgrade Cordelia from 4* to 5* but I already have a maxed Camus and don't have any good blue flier unit.

MiTYH

Saw a Cavalry banner, decided to go all in.

1st pull: Lucina (+spd -Atk)
Last pull: Reinhardt (+res -def)

So all in all.... pretty happy! Two new units, and Reinhardt will be a nice addition to my horse emblem team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom