• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

-=-=->S P O I L E R S<-=-=- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Spoiler Thread

RagnarokX

... But all those divine beasts are named after the sages right ?
They even told you in a cinematic i think.

And since one of those beast are named after Medli, it can only takes place after Wind Waker.... That's what i thought at least...

It is entirely possible that the Rito had someone important named something similar to Medoh in this timeline. The reason why the Ruto stuff is important is because it gives us a lot more than just a name. It confirms that the events of OoT occured in this timeline, which did not occur in Child Timeline.

I don't know, the only thing that make sense in those game chronologically are the Sages. Since Ocarina of Time the whole concept of "sage" is what put the chronology in the first place... The three others sages makes sense as you pointed yourself, so the fourth one (Medli) should too, there is no reason for this to be "out of the universe" suddenly.... And even less reason to not take that seriously, it's not like map's name which are from the whole franchise and is obviously not relevant. Here, we know from a fact several divine beast name come from the sage and there is no reason to think it's not the case for the others ones, especially as Darunia is so easy to guess.

Also in the book, there is a whole page about Zora and the fact they become uncivilized civilization in the downfall chronology and only there, it makes no sense for them to still have an history in Breath of the Wild.

Even the whole idea of having an advanced technologically Zelda can be a better follow up to Spirit Track than... Any other episode really. The only argument against BOTW not being in the Adult era that i see is that Ganondorf only appeared "once" at the end of Wind Waker and then other villain took the crown... But i don't see that as convincing, maybe Link really killed Ganondorf at the end of Wind Waker and his ressurection totally wiped out his human consciousness at this point since it's been so long... It works for me at least, there is far stranger stretch in the chronology...

I think people want to put it in the Downfall chronology because it's somewhat "elegent" since BOTW is kind of a follow up of Zelda 1... But there is really no reason for this to be the case, every serious lead point to be the follow up to Wind Waker the more i think about it. (Oh, and of course that "Hyrule" isn't flooded since we are on a new continent)

Edit : And even in the Sacred Realm, the power of the Goddess can still be used, i think that's what the triforce stuff at the end mean. It's not as if we have access to the triforce in order to make a wish... Or anyone trying to get it for that reason, the Triforce is really a power "out of this world".... Defenitly my most stretchy argument, but i still think it makes more sense than the Downfall one.

Well, another one of the monuments mentions that Zora's Domain was established 10,000 years ago. We know that Ganon was dormant that entire 10,000 years and Ruto's Zora's Domain had to have been a different place because her story took place long before the 10,000 years ago. Wind Waker never touched upon the aftermath of what happened to the Zoras after Ganondorf froze Zora's Domain since the whole of Hyrule was wiped out, but Downfall makes it pretty clear that Zora's Domain never recovered. So that leaves room for a the new Zora's Domain to be established 10,000 years ago in BotW. In Child Timeline, Zora's Domain never gets attacked and is perfectly fine in Twilight Princess.

Zelda mentions she has a power passed down in her bloodline that can defeat Ganondorf, and the Triforce features in the closing cutscene accordingly. It's one of the reasons that this game is probably not in the Adult Timeline, since the Triforce is in the Sacred Realm by the end of tWW and can't be accessed without major hand-waving.

I maintain that the actual Triforce never actually appears in BotW. Zelda's power is the goddess power of Hylia, which every Zelda has had and never involved having the Triforce. A Triforce mark does appear when she uses this power, but glowing Triforce marks have been fairly abundant in the series without representing the actual Triforce. In all past games involving the actual triforce, once the whole Triforce is completed it exists out in the world as a solid 3D object that one must touch in order to wish upon. But the power Zelda uses is just an energy blast with a flat Triforce mark.

Astral Dog

It is entirely possible that the Rito had someone important named something similar to Medoh in this timeline. The reason why the Ruto stuff is important is because it gives us a lot more than just a name. It confirms that the events of OoT occured in this timeline, which did not occur in Child Timeline.

I maintain that the actual Triforce never actually appears in BotW. Zelda's power is the goddess power of Hylia, which every Zelda has had and never involved having the Triforce. A Triforce mark does appear when she uses this power, but glowing Triforce marks have been fairly abundant in the series without representing the actual Triforce. In all past games involving the actual triforce, once the whole Triforce is completed it exists out in the world as a solid 3D object that one must touch in order to wish upon. But the power Zelda uses is just an energy blast with a flat Triforce mark.
This doesn't make much sense,when have triforce marks appeared that don't represent the Triforce?
When they glow it shows a piece of the Triforce is on Link,Ganondorf or Zelda.no exceptions.

Hylia sealing power. If it exists. Doesn't have to be connected to the Triforce because as a Goddess she can't even use it,must be something else we know the Triforce was in the royal family after they took it from Ganon

Ms.Galaxy

This doesn't make much sense,when have triforce marks appeared that don't represent the Triforce?
When they glow it shows a piece of the Triforce is on Link,Ganondorf or Zelda.no exceptions.

Hylia sealing power. If it exists. Doesn't have to be connected to the Triforce because as a Goddess she can't even use it,must be something else we know the Triforce was in the royal family after they took it from Ganon

In Zelda 2, Link had the mark, but didn't hold the Triforce of Courage as it was in the Great Palace.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Twilight Princess Zora's Domain was a different place to the Ocarina Zora's Domain, though, so that's inconclusive.

Just finished last night.

The storyline felt kinda meta to me, honestly- in a franchise that's spent decades repeatedly using the same formula to varying degrees of success we have a game where the backstory is that they tried to solve the problem of Ganon the same way they did the last time and failed. In that sense the one thing that doesn't work is that the "intended" way to finish the game is to basically try the same method that didn't work 100 years ago and it somehow works this time. I suppose the most "appropriate" way to play would be to ignore the beasts and dive straight into the castle.

I do wish that they put a bit more story focus on the "current generation" characters from the divine beast quests- I honestly thought that the whole thing would be that you'd recruit them as the new divine beast pilots. Having them show up in the ending in some capacity (assuming you actually did their quests) would have been nice, though.

Astral Dog

Just finished last night.

The storyline felt kinda meta to me, honestly- in a franchise that's spent decades repeatedly using the same formula to varying degrees of success we have a game where the backstory is that they tried to solve the problem of Ganon the same way they did the last time and failed. In that sense the one thing that doesn't work is that the "intended" way to finish the game is to basically try the same method that didn't work 100 years ago and it somehow works this time. I suppose the most "appropriate" way to play would be to ignore the beasts and dive straight into the castle.

I do wish that they put a bit more story focus on the "current generation" characters from the divine beast quests- I honestly thought that the whole thing would be that you'd recruit them as the new divine beast pilots. Having them show up in the ending in some capacity (assuming you actually did their quests) would have been nice, though.
Maybe thats for the Dlc. Passing of the baton tl the (actually alive) generation

TheMink

don't forget that there were no shrines 100 years ago.
past link only had 3 hearts

That can't be true, Deku Tree said past you would have been able to pull out the Master Sword easily. And so he absolutely had at least 13 hearts but really based on that dialogue he was full power

Moff

Nope. He had the master sword in the past. That means he had 13 hearts minimum.

well past link did not have to pull out the sword
remember how the deku tree said past link would have been able to pull the sword, not that he actually did

but how would a tree know how many hearts Link actually had
I'm sticking to 3 hearts for past link

RagnarokX

Adventure of Link:
StPVFgZm.jpg

Skyward Sword:
TxCoEMQ.jpg

Wind Waker:
YdXtB9l.png

Twilight Princess:
d5tyafK.jpg

You get the idea. I'm not going to track down every instance of a glowing triforce mark not being the actual triforce.

If we assume it IS the actual Triforce, it is inconsistent with pretty much every example of the actual triforce in the series where it's a 3D object that exists outside of a person.

rHe6ODa.png

dNtwfjA.jpg

R3y2XoU.jpg

YSqhNppl.jpg

And what do you mean if Hylia's sealing power exists? Zelda has had this power in pretty much every game regardless of her having a Triforce. She used it to seal Demise for 1,000 years in Skyward Sword. The Triforce is a holy symbol that represents the goddesses and by extension Hylia and Zelda. It's closely associated with Zelda's Lullaby. Invoking the triforce symbol isn't necessarily invoking the Triforce itself but could just invoke divine power.

But that's not the reason he holds the mark.

Ohrsxjw.png

It's a spell that the old King of Hyrule cast.
That's not the point of the discussion. The point is that glowing complete triforce marks are not necessarily the actual triforce itself.

TheMink

well past link did not have to pull out the sword
remember how the deku tree said past link would have been able to pull the sword, not that he actually did

but how would a tree know how many hearts Link actually had
I'm sticking to 3 hearts for past link

That makes very little sense, all indicators point to link not being at his full power when you arise from the shire of resurrection.

Why would his full power be 3 hearts.

Astral Dog

Adventure of Link:
StPVFgZm.jpg

Skyward Sword:
TxCoEMQ.jpg

Wind Waker:
YdXtB9l.png

Twilight Princess:
d5tyafK.jpg

You get the idea. I'm not going to track down every instance of a glowing triforce mark not being the actual triforce.

If we assume it IS the actual Triforce, it is inconsistent with pretty much every example of the actual triforce in the series where it's a 3D object that exists outside of a person.

rHe6ODa.png

dNtwfjA.jpg

R3y2XoU.jpg

YSqhNppl.jpg

And what do you mean if Hylia's sealing power exists? Zelda has had this power in pretty much every game regardless of her having a Triforce. She used it to seal Demise for 1,000 years in Skyward Sword. The Triforce is a holy symbol that represents the goddesses and by extension Hylia and Zelda. It's closely associated with Zelda's Lullaby. Invoking the triforce symbol isn't necessarily invoking the Triforce itself but could just invoke divine power.

That's not the point of the discussion. The point is that glowing complete triforce marks are not necessarily the actual triforce itself.
Well some of them are just for theatrics. I thought you were talking about Triforce marks on the hands.next you will tell me that puzzle in Hyrule castle were you had to arrange the triangles was or wasn't the Triforce ;)

Anyways the plan worked this time because Ganon was not prepared to lose the beasts. He used a huge part of his energy to create the Blights and was just resurrecting himself when Link appeared,he had no time or energy to go after the beasts again.

RagnarokX

Well some of them are just for theatrics. I thought you were talking about Triforce marks on the hands.next you will tell me that puzzle in Hyrule castle were you had to arrange the triangles was or wasn't the Triforce ;)

Anyways the plan worked this time because Ganon was not prepared to lose the beasts. He used a huge part of his energy to create the Blights and was just resurrecting himself when Link appeared,he had no time or energy to go after the beasts again.

Well my point is that they've been pretty consistent with how the actual Triforce is depicted and how it is used, and the Triforce symbol that appears when Zelda uses her sacred power is inconsistent with that. The Triforce only inhabits a person when its split apart. It's more likely that it's just a symbol representing the divinity of the power she's using.

If Zelda actually had the Triforce it really makes no sense that she couldn't just smite Ganon outright. Say what you will about Link's wish in Skyward Sword, the Triforce did fulfill Link's wish to destroy Demise. It's not the Triforce's fault that Ghirahim pulled some time travel bullshit out of his ass.

Moff

That makes very little sense, all indicators point to link not being at his full power when you arise from the shire of resurrection.

Why would his full power be 3 hearts.

but you are saying he was at full power before? that's just what I don't buy
the shrines gave him his power, they are there to train the chosen one, and they weren't there before. that's the difference between present link and past link, that he was trained and got more power.

TheMink

but you are saying he was at full power before? that's just what I don't buy
the shrines gave him his power, they are there to train the chosen one, and they weren't there before. that's the difference between present link and past link, that he was trained and got more power.

I would accept an argument that present Link potentially surpasses his original power, but I don't think that he woke up at the same level he was when he died. I'm fairly certain that it's made clear that you are lacking the power you once had.

Narrative wise I think the element of surprise is really what did them in jokes aside about every but Link being totally useless.

But any argument about how many hearts Link has is ultimately irrelevant because either the hearts concept is completely separated form narrative entirely, and if its not having 3 hearts is still plenty of hearts to kill every iteration of Ganon from a gameplay standpoint.

Moff

I would accept an argument that present Link potentially surpasses his original power, but I don't think that he woke up at the same level he was when he died. I'm fairly certain that it's made clear that you are lacking the power you once had.

Narrative wise I think the element of surprise is really what did them in jokes aside about every but Link being totally useless.

But any argument about how many hearts Link has is ultimately irrelevant because either the hearts concept is completely separated form narrative entirely, and if its not having 3 hearts is still plenty of hearts to kill every iteration of Ganon from a gameplay standpoint.

my post about the hearts was meant to be lighthearted, it's obviously a gameplay element, not a narrative element.

however, the poster I originall responded to was making a point about link being weak, and I think the whole point is that he got stronger through the ancient sheikah shrine training and ready to kill Ganon.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Regarding timeline this is definitely in the child. Zelda mentions it on memory 1...theres not mention of "a flood" or anything else, but an explicit mention of Twilight which I believe was the makers intentions. It could be in the downfall line perhaps before ALTTP? After it makes not a lot of sense.

Also we don't know what happened 10k years ago, maybe Ganon was resurrected from his death at the end of TP?

Or maybe everything converged but how and why. Maybe next game? Maybe what happened 10k years? The sheikah tech is also related to the tech we saw in Skyward Sword so we have that big question mark over the legend.

Greenymac

I think we are missing a big thing here. Zeldas resentment of Link I feel caused her to not see if he could enter the shrines. If 100 years ago link is able to access those shrines and raise his power level, he may have been more formidable. The memory where he arrives at the shrine, she knows he can access it, but never divulges this info to him. Link should have been able to be stronger.

Well my point is that they've been pretty consistent with how the actual Triforce is depicted and how it is used, and the Triforce symbol that appears when Zelda uses her sacred power is inconsistent with that. The Triforce only inhabits a person when its split apart. It's more likely that it's just a symbol representing the divinity of the power she's using.

If Zelda actually had the Triforce it really makes no sense that she couldn't just smite Ganon outright. Say what you will about Link's wish in Skyward Sword, the Triforce did fulfill Link's wish to destroy Demise. It's not the Triforce's fault that Ghirahim pulled some time travel bullshit out of his ass.

I completely disagree. I believe Zelda outright has the entire Triforce at the end of the game. She eliminates Ganon with it. I'm assuming the game wants you to read between the lines and figure that:

1. She obtained each piece by visiting their respective springs across Hyrule (since we see her praying at them)
2. She only got a taste of its power in that one memory, but there was too much happening, everyone was too worn out, so she had to seal herself within Ganon until Link could "line up the shot" for her to finish him off

So I started the From the Ground Up Quest, and I just wanted to post about how much I love Bolson.

I love the fact that Nintendo made an unabashedly gay character. From the right ear piercing to the pink pants to the dance moves to the high voice. And I love that he's a fucking amazing carpenter, like the manliest job around.

I don't know, I just didn't expect this from a traditionally conservative company, especially given the whole controversy with Tomodachi Life. But I'm just really impressed with how they handled Bolson and he may be the most memorable NPC from the game to me.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished it not too long ago today.
A traditional Ganon was awesome. I was hoping Ganondorf would form from all the chaos.
It was good.

I didn't get the Master Sword. I had 11 hearts and had to rely on cool downs. I literally
flew through Hyrule Castle. I kinda felt like ignoring the blockades of enemies/sentries/turrets/etc.

It was a great experience. I enjoyed exploring the world. The dungeons were fun. I remember having a completely different experience in OOT. From the moment you get the slingshot as a kid to hookshotting in the forest as Adult Link.

I kinda want to know if there's anything hidden. I mean, there's plenty of shrines I can go do. Probably a lot of quests I didn't take. I didn't even do the memories/photos quest. I basically got the quest for the divine beast and the Master Sword and just did those.

It really left me fulfilled as a gamer. I feel like I finished a very well made game. I'm also saddened I finished it already. I was for sure thinking I'd get rocked/destroyed after going straight to the end afterwards, but managing those cooldowns really made it pan out. Especially with no Master Sword.

Kneefoil

Just beat the game. The final boss was kind of disappointing. I mean, it was cool AF, but it was kind of a push-over. The first form put up a decent enough fight, I suppose, but the fact that you can parry the laser, stunning Ganon in the process made that still kind of easy. The second form was visually stunning, but threat-wise it was a total joke. Even three of the four *blight Ganons were tougher than Ganon proper. Heck, I fought a Blue and White Lynel in the Hyrule Castle itself, and both of those fights were tougher than Ganon.

I don't know, I guess the first form might've been a lot more of a challenge if I hadn't beaten all of the dungeons and gotten the Master Sword.

Would've also been nice to see how people reacted to seeing Ganon and his influence disappearing. Seeing people celebrate at the ranch at the end of OoT and the wedding at the end of MM felt really satisfying, but this game lacked anything of the sort.

I still liked the game for the most part.

Hydrus

Just beat the game. The final boss was kind of disappointing. I mean, it was cool AF, but it was kind of a push-over. The first form put up a decent enough fight, I suppose, but the fact that you can parry the laser, stunning Ganon in the process made that still kind of easy. The second form was visually stunning, but threat-wise it was a total joke. Even three of the four *blight Ganons were tougher than Ganon proper. Heck, I fought a Blue and White Lynel in the Hyrule Castle itself, and both of those fights were tougher than Ganon.

I don't know, I guess the first form might've been a lot more of a challenge if I hadn't beaten all of the dungeons and gotten the Master Sword.

Would've also been nice to see how people reacted to seeing Ganon and his influence disappearing. Seeing people celebrate at the ranch at the end of OoT and the wedding at the end of MM felt really satisfying, but this game lacked anything of the sort.

I have a feeling that the DLC is gonna be the true ending. The brief ending was meant to leave us wanting more and to shell out more cash for the true ending, and I have to say, it's working.

I am not sure if I remember this wrong but why does Magnesis Rune have no plus upgrade?

asking here so if there is you can spoil me and tell me where to get it

It doesn't have an upgrade. Only stasis, the camera and bombs have upgrades.

thanks for confirming it

just to clear up, it is not the camera I think it is Sensor+

which is not even on the Rune's list but they somehow made it a rune upgrade weird

it can track things you take photos of after you take a photo of it

When I was playing, my wife commented that Zelda sounded like the VA director told the voice actress to play a princess as if she were also an owl. I was sort of hoping for Zelda to turn into an owl and reveal that she really was a descendant of OoT's Kaepora Gaebora.

royox

Just finished it. About the timeline discussion I think it's water clear it happens in TP's timeline because:

-in that memory about Zelda praying Zelda says something about "the skies, the time and the Twillight".

-The Gerudo chosen one speaks about Ganon's origin being a Gerudo man thousands of years ago.

So it has to be a Timeline where twillight princess happent. It Also can't be before Wind Waker because on that game the intro speaks about Ganon coming but "there was no hero so the godess sunk Hyrule". Maybe WW's sea is what happent when Ganon came but there was no "Link" spirit on that timelime to be reincarnated.

Ms.Galaxy

I don't think most in Hyrule would notice or care. It's been 100 years, most people were born when the Calamity already took over the castle and most of them just lived their lives in relative peace.

"Hey look, the ruins of the castle doesn't have the creepy purple fog anymore, and the pillars are glowing blue."

"Oh, I guess the Calamity is gone. Neat. So how much for that rice again?"

Like, the real issues they mostly faced were some random mugging from monsters and the Yiga Clan. Meanwhile, the major issues the other races faced because of the Calamity were already solved when Link freed the Divine Beasts. In truth, the Hylians had it pretty good despite their kingdom collapsing, they managed to rebuild a functioning civilization.

That said, I would like to see the DLC tackling this by taking place a few years in the future where Hyrule Castle and its town is being rebuilt. The ending of which should be a festival and celebration of the grand opening of the newly built town and castle.

Just finished it. About the timeline discussion I think it's water clear it happens in TP's timeline because:

-in that memory about Zelda praying Zelda says something about "the skies, the time and the Twillight".

-The Gerudo chosen one speaks about Ganon's origin being a Gerudo man thousands of years ago.

So it has to be a Timeline where twillight princess happent. It Also can't be before Wind Waker because on that game the intro speaks about Ganon coming but "there was no hero so the godess sunk Hyrule". Maybe WW's sea is what happent when Ganon came but there was no "Link" spirit on that timelime to be reincarnated.

In the same scene with the Gerudo's Chosen One, she mentions the Sage of Spirit, Nabooru. Ruto was also mentioned elsewhere as a sage that fought alongside Link against Ganon, which doesn't happen in the Child Timeline.

And according to some who have dissected that Zelda scene, she also mentioned references to Wind Waker and Link to the Past while the Champions talk among themselves. We can't take that scene as evidence because she referenced three games that take place in the three different timelines.

Opa-Pa

Honestly if you take that flames of twilight line as serious proof of it being set in the child timeline, then might as well subscribe to the timeline convergence theory because the map has areas named after characters of all games in the series, including Marin, Lulu, Mikau, and even goddamn Tingle.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The German version makes it clear that when Zelda keeps talking, she mentions oceans and the dark world or something too (WW and LttP), which people at Zelda Dungeon have apparently extracted from the English version as well.

So that scene should be taken with as much implication as the zone names on the map.

HF2014

Oh wow. I just realize you can solo-duel the Guardians. Each of their legs you can cut em, so they freeze for like a few seconds, when you see there is no time, just static them so it freeze them, rince and repeat. Ok and Master Sword required!

watershed

Banned
Honestly if you take that flames of twilight line as serious proof of it being set in the child timeline, then might as well subscribe to the timeline convergence theory because the map has areas named after characters of all games in the series, including Marin, Lulu, Mikau, and even goddamn Tingle.
Lol, exactly. Its just a nod to fans. Or an indication of a timeline convergence.

McNum

I do believe I may be a contender for a "Lamest way to beat Eventide Island" award.

Hinox. Bombs. Only bombs. From a high cliff where it couldn't retaliate. For half an hour. Might as well let all that Snow Bowling practice come in handy. Only with bombs and one really large and mobile pin. What's it called when you need a good 50-100 rolls to knock down one pin?

...I like it when a game challenges me to play the lamest possible way. Take away all my usual advantages? Crank up the difficulty to where I need to pay attention? I will find that one little thing I can still do and milk it. And then the enemy camp near that final goal decided to be uppity. Urbosa's Fury said no. Because no, we're not playing that game. You took away my armor and my weapons. I will nuke this island with a wooden stick!

And thus it was done. Slow, methodical. Lame. That'll teach the game to try something different.

I mean, they have stated from the beginning that they wanted this game to feel like the original Legend of Zelda again, Ganon is a force of nature that's repeatedly attacked Hyrule like clockwork, tonally they wanted this game to feel more like things have fallen apart which is all more in line with Downfall.

BD1

Banned
I think it's basically a reboot of the timeline. This game happens at least 10,000 years from any game in any of the timelines. There is no immediate or clear reference to any games except Skyward Sword (Hylia, Master Sword/Fi) and Ocarina of Time (Nabooru, Ruto) and the vast amount of time gives a lot of breathing room.

At the beginning of the game, the Old Man/King's Ghost reference the many "legends" told over the ages about Ganon in Hyrule. I took that as a signal that all the games post SS/OoT are converging "legends" and this is the new start.

So basically, reboot + convergence.

Hydrus

I do believe I may be a contender for a "Lamest way to beat Eventide Island" award.

Hinox. Bombs. Only bombs. From a high cliff where it couldn't retaliate. For half an hour. Might as well let all that Snow Bowling practice come in handy. Only with bombs and one really large and mobile pin. What's it called when you need a good 50-100 rolls to knock down one pin?

...I like it when a game challenges me to play the lamest possible way. Take away all my usual advantages? Crank up the difficulty to where I need to pay attention? I will find that one little thing I can still do and milk it. And then the enemy camp near that final goal decided to be uppity. Urbosa's Fury said no. Because no, we're not playing that game. You took away my armor and my weapons. I will nuke this island with a wooden stick!

And thus it was done. Slow, methodical. Lame. That'll teach the game to try something different.

This is exactly what I did and it nearly backfired on me. Right after I beat it, a blood moon happened. Like nearly seconds after I beat it. I'm not even joking. I manged to grab the sphere and drop it near some trees.

Pinky

Banned
Question:

Would it be wise for me to spend my Spirit Orbs on at least 1 Stamina Vessel? So far, I've been using my orbs to obtain Heart Containers. Just wondering if upping my stamina is mandatory or can you easily complete the game without doing so?

Ultimadrago

Question:

Would it be wise for me to spend my Spirit Orbs on at least 1 Stamina Vessel? So far, I've been using my orbs to obtain Heart Containers. Just wondering if upping my stamina is mandatory or can you easily complete the game without doing so?

I found that while the game thankfully allows you to explore a lot of the world with the default Stamina, I found 1.5-2 circles a great boon for my adventure (I ended up getting all 3, but it has diminished value after a while). For quality of running/climbing reasons alone I'd recommend you take at least that much.

It also helps with getting special horses, but that's more of a gag thing; those were never integral to my progression and experience.

Opa-Pa

You can technically beat the game with three hearts and the starting stamina if you try, but I leaned to stamina mainly because of the added freedom of being able to climb everything, running during combat and taming horses. Only reason I got hearts was to complete a quest that required 13 of them.

So yeah it's not mandatory, but it's pretty great still.

Pinky

Banned
I found that while the game thankfully allows you to explore a lot of the world with the default Stamina, I found 1.5-2 circles a great boon for my adventure (I ended up getting all 3, but it has diminished value after a while). For quality of running/climbing reasons alone I'd recommend you take at least that much.

It also helps with getting special horses, but that's more of a gag thing; those were never integral to my progression and experience.

You can technically beat the game with three hearts and the starting stamina if you try, but I leaned to stamina mainly because of the added freedom of being able to climb everything, running during combat and taming horses. Only reason I got hearts was to complete a quest that required 13 of them.

So yeah it's not mandatory, but it's pretty great still.

Cool. Thanks for the replies!

It depends on your goals. I would recommend at least 1 or 2 stam upgrades just for running and climing and then grind the rest to 13 hearts for the Master Sword.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

dcx4610

Question:

It depends on your goals. I would recommend at least 1 or 2 stam upgrades just for running and climing and then grind the rest to 13 hearts for the Master Sword.

Top Bottom