• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Cranster

Banned
Yeah, I can't see the downsides there. I'm actually warming up to the idea
I can see it happening. But goodluck selling it to MCC owners. The only way it would work is by relaunching a fixed MCC for the Scorpio and giving it to owners of the MCC for free or simply giving Halo 3 anniversary to owners of the MCC for free or a discounted price.

Mistel

Banned
I'd so be down for this.

If they can embrace the Halo 3 art style, and Scorpio power with Halo 3a we would be in for a treat. I'd say they could even scrap the swapping between visuals, as Halo 3 is already on the XB1.
I think that would work but it might be a bit jarring with the other anniversary games having the updated visuals.

Akai__

Mercy plays so well. Absolutely love it.

But... I wished they would make red and blue side more obvious. It's really too much red going on.

This is what I have been saying since the beginning Halo 3 Anniversary on console doesn't make sense we already have Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 and the upgraded version on Xbox One BUT on PC that's another story PC gamers never had a chance to play Halo 3 so Halo 3 Anniversary makes perfect sense to release it there and I'm very sure that this will be the case

Fuchsdh

I'd so be down for this.

If they can embrace the Halo 3 art style, and Scorpio power with Halo 3a we would be in for a treat. I'd say they could even scrap the swapping between visuals, as Halo 3 is already on the XB1.

Hell, they could basically release that trailer again as is, but have the game retain those visuals and it would be solid. I do realize that was real time, in engine assets, but there's no denying the final game didn't pull it off.

The insta-swapping stuff is the major draw of the Anniversary treatments to me. But technically it'd be far far harder to do it with the 360 versus the original Xbox.

Mercy plays so well. Absolutely love it.

But... I wished they would make red and blue side more obvious. It's really too much red going on.

I was surprised they didn't include the bottom back lifts that were added around the time of the turbo update in H4 too. They definitely improved the map.

The aesthetic is a welcome change forH5 Arena.

Akai__

Does anyone know how I change the Language on Halo 5: Forge? I seriously won't play this game, if all I'm getting is German. lol

I was surprised they didn't include the bottom back lifts that were added around the time of the turbo update in H4 too. They definitely improved the map.

The aesthetic is a welcome change forH5 Arena.

I completely forgot those were a thing. I guess they could try adding those in again.

Trup1aya

White Cell is legit.

But damn if it ain't brutal. There are precision weapons scattered all over the place, multiple angles and routes onto any position, and sightlines galore.

Stinkles, do you think that matchmaking hoppers that force you to use a controller could be developed so that cross-play between Xbox and PC could be implemented in future releases? I think that would be a massive selling point.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Stinkles, do you think that matchmaking hoppers that force you to use a controller could be developed so that cross-play between Xbox and PC could be implemented in future releases? I think that would be a massive selling point.

That would only solve one aspect. Admittedly a significant one, but there's other issues.

I have yet to play white cell or mercy. What did I do to deserve this?
is it because I team shot ExWife too much?

Though with maps I can say I don't mind any of them except for molten when I'm by myself cause it never ends well. It works best when it's a two v two cause it feels so small. Overgrowth is better too in doubles.

Also new warzone assault map is legit and was real fun to play and defend the core. Especially with the changes made to getting into the core.

belushy

Banned
Was messing with the weapon pad glitch and you can use no ADS on some other weapons by using the Gunfighter magnum. Of course it uses gunfighter shooting/sound but it looks cool

tootsi666

I think this will finally force me to get 16gb of ram. I'm getting some weird stuttering in bigger maps.

Mouse aiming doesn't feel great. 60fps limit hurts and there seems to be some input lag. If they can fix that and add fov options it would be a great port.

And maybe give proper sensitivity options. I need like 10 more steps in between of 1.2 and 1.3. And full screen support instead of this weird borderless windowed.

I like my options in PC games

The insta-swapping stuff is the major draw of the Anniversary treatments to me. But technically it'd be far far harder to do it with the 360 versus the original Xbox.

Yeah, it's a big draw for me as well, but I could live without it - especially if it helped the game excel elsewhere.

I think this will finally force me to get 16gb of ram. I'm getting some weird stuttering in bigger maps.

Mouse aiming doesn't feel great. 60fps limit hurts and there seems to be some input lag. If they can fix that and add fov options it would be a great port.

And maybe give proper sensitivity options. I need like 10 more steps in between of 1.2 and 1.3. And full screen support instead of this weird borderless windowed.

I like my options in PC games

You shouldn't need 16GB of Ram for this game, especially considering the Xbox One doesn't have close to that. What's your GPU and CPU?

As for sensitivity, try changing the DPI of your mouse manually if you can. Allows a lot of granularity.

I haven't gotten to play it yet, but I imagine the perceived input lag is from mouse smoothing/acceleration which seems to be present in almost all console ports. I don't know anyone who prefers those on.

Regardless, make sure you have done this. It helps some console ports feel smoother. Windows actually has some built in acceleration regardless if the game has it's own method of acceleration. This should at least lessen the effect:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

That would only solve one aspect. Admittedly a significant one, but there's other issues.

Darn...well I hope that whatever hurdles that problem faces has some possible solutions. I'm not sure what other problems you might be referring to, unless it's technical. I was under the impression that the Windows 10 Store DRM was really restrictive and polices your files and executables.

That feeling when you grab rail gun and camo on overgrowth and start destroying. Fuck it I really like overgrowth to some extent.

Also could we get just monolith from halo 4 on five? That map is amazing and was one of my favorites with skyline. Both had really good sky boxes and always fun to play.

mcrommert

Banned

I really wish you and others from Microsoft could speak to this. Was very dissapointed to hear that they couldn't come up with a solution to let gears 4 players on pc with a controller to play with xbox one players on multi. I assume this decision will be made in a similar method on any future cross buy game for halo. Are the other aspects frame rate and FOV? You could join a console playlist and it locks those.

Thanks for any info you can give.

Solo queuing could be such a nicer experience if people would use their fucking mics. You can tell if somebody is in party chat or not, so if you aren't just use your mic. You don't even have to use it the whole game. Just a simple call out when you die saying where and how many. Is that just too much to ask?

tootsi666

You shouldn't need 16GB of Ram for this game, especially considering the Xbox One doesn't have close to that. What's your GPU and CPU?

As for sensitivity, try changing the DPI of your mouse manually if you can. Allows a lot of granularity.

I haven't gotten to play it yet, but I imagine the perceived input lag is from mouse smoothing/acceleration which seems to be present in almost all console ports. I don't know anyone who prefers those on.

Regardless, make sure you have done this. It helps some console ports feel smoother. Windows actually has some built in acceleration regardless if the game has it's own method of acceleration. This should at least lessen the effect:
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html
I'm running i5-3570k and GTX1070.

Changing dpi manually of course works but that's far from ideal especially if alt-tabbing constantly.

-Ryn

Banned
That Tank Battle game type is fun but it would be neat to have the Wraith thrown in. Even if just for the sake of variety.

Mongoose Sumo is fun but you shouldn't die when knocked off your Mongoose. If the arena was a bit bigger it'd be cool to give everyone 2 grenades as well. Watching vehicles fly away because of a well placed land mine was half the fun of lava pit.

Vidmaster 3.0

Can i haz reconz?
Give me your name, credit card, social security number, date of birth, last 3 places of residence, favorite spice girl, mother's maiden name, the school you graduated from, recent job history, and your top 5 anime for exclusive access to the flaming shitlord armor effect in which your character will explode upon death, sending fiery gibs everywhere.

All the cool kids are doing it.

I'd so be down for this.

I'm right there with ya dude.

A remastered Halo 3 packaged with the original ODST FF would be an incredible deal that I'd hop on without hesitation. If they remastered the FF maps as well (while also nailing the art style) then I would probably die.

Here's hoping they do eet

Why do games start 3v4? I don't get it, the match should automatically end if this happens. Games like OW and CS both do this.

I dont see the mass sell on waypoint?

:(
I'm sorry....

That's because GOSU is an idiot very special and you have to have the Chrome extension ("Halo Waypoint)

Last time i used an extension was in 2009 ish where I had to push the button while on the specific website.(Facebook invites)

I didn't know it was a feature directly tied into the UI of the website. I am an idiot though... I am sorry!

Hah.... h... :(

the shame continues

Encountered a bug in Warzone Assault where REQs were unable to be equipped. The lobby was then stuck on a "deploying" screen post-game.

I haven't tried the PC version yet, watched a YouTube vid which goes over the settings and the dude said enabling vsync will introduce a lot of input lag... Could that be it?

Top Bottom