• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESRB Rating: KILLZONE 1 on PS3

Hyuga

Banned
2bjqfexl.jpg

KILLZONE 1 coming to PS3?
PSN / digital only?

HD-Version (like the GoW collection)?
Or just a 1-1 port of the PS2 version?

(sorry if old)

edit.:
jimreilly Jim Reilly
Killzone coming to PSN on Jan 24 for $9.99. This is a port, not a remake.

MightyKAC

An HD remake with some cleaned up gameplay would be worth it for me but that's probably asking WAY to much.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
was it decent as game? I heard it was bad.

KZ2 campaign was decent (the second half).

KZ3 campaign kicked ass.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not going to be an HD remake. It's going to be the PS2 version on the store. I'd be REALLY surprised if GG was working on a remake/Sony-in-house working on an HD port.

jett

D-Member
probably just a straight up PS2 port like God Hand

this game, while poor, probably had the best and most original campaign of the franchise. Each level was a re-imagined sci-fi version of a real historical battle/war. Also had the best story and writing, which may not sound like much but still. :p Wouldn't mind a full-on reboot of the series starting with a remake of this.

LiK

this game, while poor, probably had the best and most original campaign of the franchise. Each level was a re-imagined sci-fi version of a real historical battle/war. Also had the best story and writing, which may not sound like much but still. :p Wouldn't mind a full-on reboot of the series starting with a remake of this.
Best villain too. He was such an asshole...lol

[Nintex]

It was impressive technically back in the day for PS2 but as a game it wasn't very good. Games like TimeSplitters 3 were much better in fact it was pretty much the best you could get as far as FPS's went on consoles.

daevv

I still own my PS2 copy and played it awhile back, It was not like I remembered. Only part I like now is where you can control different people in your squad. You, Rico, and your special lady friend. lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Probably, but all the PS2 classics (aka iso dumps) have been rerated. This has been added to the existing rating (Sly Cooper 1-3, GoW 1 and 2, and Ico/SotC had PS3 added to their original rating).

FreeMufasa

I picked this up in a store a few months ago for £0.90. Haven't played it yet.

I was wondering with regards to PS2 classic games. Do they make new servers for the games that have online or is that portion just cut? MGS3, KZ1 for example.

Danielsan

I picked this up in a store a few months ago for £0.90. Haven't played it yet.

I was wondering with regards to PS2 classic games. Do they make new servers for the games that have online or is that portion just cut? MGS3, KZ1 for example.
Online is cut.

amar212

My favorite PS2 FPS.

Great, great game, so hated by many.

BUt they really need to improve the graphics. I played it before KZ3 release for nostalgia reasons and man.. graphics didn't aged well.

I hope some graphics will be improved or today audience will just get a beautiful corpse to butcher.

I must be one of the few who enjoyed it! Rough, sure, but it floated my boat with its dark Euro sci-fi styling and magnificent guns.

I'm just waiting for a Liberation sequel on Vita.

was it decent as game? I heard it was bad.

KZ2 campaign was decent (the second half).

KZ3 campaign kicked ass.

Bad framerate, bad controls, shit AI, but nice level design and nice tech for its time. It's was an average shooter back then, but the standard improved so much that it's an horrible FPS in this day and age. I believe the framerate will be improved in this re-edition, but a remake would be more appropriate.

More bad PS2 classics. Fuck yea.

honestly, God Hand cultivated so much goodwill in me that they could release a lot of bad ones. I'll start angrily demanding Nocturne in...say...June of this year. *marks calendar*
Should be enough time for Grace Chen to draft up the contracts, work up a deal with Atlus, and optimize the emulation, then press the PSN Update button.

LiK

I must be one of the few who enjoyed it! Rough, sure, but it floated my boat with its dark Euro sci-fi styling and magnificent guns.

I'm just waiting for a Liberation sequel on Vita.
Shooting was mediocre but I actually liked the story and characters. Liked it way more than the sequels.

KageMaru

I have yet to download any of the PS2 classics, do they run any better than they did on the ps2?

I tried to get into KZ so many times but the frame rate, repetitive battle banter, and poor AI made it difficult. If the frame rate is improved, I may try it again.

Ah this game was pretty good, not sure where all the hate is coming from. If its an HD remake I'll buy it. It had awesome alt fires and 4 playable characters in the campaign (with different abilities and different paths you could take), in fact I'd say it's a much superior game to K2 which I couldn't even stomach finishing.

Ah this game was pretty good, not sure where all the hate is coming from. If its an HD remake I'll buy it. It had awesome alt fires and 4 playable characters in the campaign (with different abilities and different paths you could take), in fact I'd say it's a much superior game to K2 which I couldn't even stomach finishing.

Non-fucked FOV too.

Why didn't they bring the alt fire mechanic into the sequels? That really perplexed me.

Full remake please. Killzone is by far the best game in the series.

Multiple playable characters each with their own unique playstyles, much more environment variety, better story, less Rico, etc.

I think, gameplay-wise, the first game is crippled too much from the bottom-up. Due to the limitations of the level design and the feel of the combat it'd be an extremely boring HD port. They need to do a full remake of this game on the KZ2/KZ3 engine for it to be worth it.

Top Bottom