• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

SOME BRIEF GUIDELINES ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO CLAIM HERE:
  • You're willing to work on it.
  • You'll update us if you change your mind
  • You may be juniored if you don't deliver on your claim (as this negatively impacts others)
  • If someone else wants in after you, work with them. You are not entitled to make it exclusively.
  • Claiming is about preventing two people wasting their time making duelling threads, it's not about excluding others.
  • If you choose to make a thread on someone else's behalf you are solely responsible for it.
  • To be reasonable - claims are to only be made for games with solid release dates OR expected within twelve months.
  • All OTs posted on NeoGAF must follow the official guidelines
A NOTE FROM THE INDEXER:
  • Please do your best to use the formatting below.
  • I scan through the posts quickly and those formatted correctly will always be indexed
  • Others I might miss but I am happy to receive PMs if I do so.
  • I am always thinking about this OT even if it seems like I'm not, but life gets in the way.
  • Correct formatting might seem a bit pedantic but means quicker and more frequent updates.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:

1.) Copy the code below depending on what kind of topic you are planning to make. Before doing so, be sure to remove the *'s from the code so it works.

GAMING TOPICS:

Code:
[b*]TITLE[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]AUTHOR[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]EXPRESSION DATE[/ur*l])

OFF-TOPIC TOPICS

Code:
[*i][OT][/i] [b*]TITLE[/b] by [i*][ur*l=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=9647]AUTHOR[/url][/i] ([u*rl=http://www.neogaf.com/]EXPRESSION DATE[/ur*l])

2.) Replace the data with your own data.

• Title refers to the title of the topic you are claiming.
  • Author refers to your username, as well as a link to your own profile
  • Expression Date refers to the date you claimed the topic, and links back to that post.
3.) Include the expected release date for the product / event / whatever in that same post

4.) That's it! You're done! :)

NEOGAF |OT| INDEX

LAST UPDATE: Monday, July 17th 2017

July 2017
August 2017
September 2017
October 2017
November 2017
December 2017
January 2018
May 2018
June 2018
NEVER

Making a claim on Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Will look for collaborators to make design headers, otherwise I'll just stick with a plain lOTl

Nemesis_

I thought I was a mad hax0r and could easily update each link automatically with Microsoft Word. Apparently not.

All the links are now fixed, newest OT claims are added and I've alphabetised each "month" for accessibility.

I think this topic should be mentioned in the main gaming / off topic forums if it hasn't already - would hate to see people who bagsed OTs actually waste their time because someone didn't read this topic.

I'm also wondering what we should do if more than one person claims an OT. Should we just perhaps go by User Tenure at NeoGAF? Or is that too discriminatory :p

Damn ZOE HD is already taken

Can't really think of any other game I could make an lOTl for

EDIT: Okay, I am doing it after all?

Nemesis_

lazybones18 said:
Damn ZOE HD is already taken

Can't really think of any other game I could make an lOTl for

EDIT: Okay, I am doing it after all?

Dude I am so sorry, I didn't realise that I forgot to update the name after updating the links. It's a bit hectic where I'm working right now so I made a few mistakes.

ALL GOOD though :)

gunbo13

Nemesis556 said:
I'm also wondering what we should do if more than one person claims an OT. Should we just perhaps go by User Tenure at NeoGAF? Or is that too discriminatory :p
I think you should also factor in qualification. I don't mean being judgmental but some people really invest time into specific games/series. I also don't mean quality of OP, art, etc... Just kind of just deserts.

PS:
You can still use this link instead of my current.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32173964&postcount=14

Takao

Banned
I'll take Corpse Party (Nov. 22 2011), and Gravity Rush (Feb. 22, 2012). I should be fine with doing Corpse Party by myself, but may need some graphics assistance on GR.

Mechazawa

I take this as confirmation that the Anarchy Reigns OT can be ghetto as fuck as long as the OT is filled with UNBRIDLED HEART. Or if I can get one of the 5 people looking forward to the game to help with the art.

Anyways, thanks for logging this stuff Nemesis.

Woorloog

Banned
I might be interested in making OT for Mechwarrior Online.
Might be, we'll see if RL circumstances will prevent me from doing it, impossible to say yet.

I was just thinking, this may be a nice place to serve as an archive of OTs as well, going forward. At least for bigger name releases where there will be some significant effort put into them.

GAF's search isn't that great, and regular users don't have access to search through their posting history (though mods do?)

Nemesis_

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I was just thinking, this may be a nice place to serve as an archive of OTs as well, going forward. At least for bigger name releases where there will be some significant effort put into them.

GAF's search isn't that great, and regular users don't have access to search through their posting history (though mods do?)

I'm linking the ones that have been volunteered for - you'll notice that Skyrim takes you to the OT.

But do you suggest going through all the areas and indexing old OTs too?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Nemesis556 said:
But do you suggest going through all the areas and indexing old OTs too?

That sounds like unnecessary work, wouldn't worry about it.

I'd love to claim the Twisted Metal OT February 14th 2012

Will ask for those with the talents- graphical stuff like the banners, etc.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just a question, is it fine to do OTs for old but popular games (like Xenogears, Chrono Cross) that are getting rereleases (PSone classics, VC, etc.)?

Quick

Banned
I wouldn't mind helping anyone out that needs collaborations. I can do graphics or text, or anything really.

ReaperXL7

I'll Volunteer for the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning OT in February. Already kind of messing with one now anyway for it, so i'll pick up that one.

Nemesis_

Community / Unspecific Dates

General

GhaleonEB said:
Curious about how far out titles can be staked out. Should I request Halo 4 now?
that's what I'm wondering too. But hey, we'd definitely let you have Halo 4 anyways.

Speaking of which, if you need any help on that one, I could collaborate with some writing or something.

Swag

I've taken over creation of the Dota 2 ( beta? ) lOTl from Archie, who took it over from OrangeCaramel.

Don't have a post for it, but I do have Steam messages?

Cornbread78

Is there an active list of new releases for games that there may be interest in making an [OT] for? Maybe some of the smaller games would be good starting points for those that want to give it a shot with minimal support and resources. There are hundreds of these games coming out in the next few months. An active release list would be very useful in thsi [OT] of a new OT just for release dates and we can cross reference the two lists.

2017 Updates
I left out everything that has already come out and got posted because why bother :D

Games:

UP-TO-DATE as of September 21

------------------ SEPTEMBER ------------------

Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire by Massicot (August 7, 2017)
September 22nd 2017

PROJECT CARS 2 by GHG (September 6, 2017)
22nd September 2017

Pokemon Gold and Silver 3DS by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
22th September, 2017

Pokkén Tournament DX by BiggNife (August 17th 2017)
September 22, 2017

DROPMIX by luulubuu (5 of September, 2017)
Release Date: September 24, 2017

Hob by Wozman23 (14th Sept 2017)
Sept 26, 2017

Total War: Warhammer 2 by karnage10 (1st of August 2017)
27th of September.

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders by Dandy Crocodile (September 1, 2017)
September 27, 2017

Forza 7 by Frontieruk / Zorbsie (5/Aug/2017)
29th Sept 2017

Cuphead by Wo33er (4th September 2017)
September 29th 2017

SNES Classic Edition Thread by MRORNAGE (3rd September 2017)
September 29, 2017

Yo-Kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters by PhoenixSFT (September 5, 2017)
September 29, 2017

------------------ OCTOBER ------------------

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 by Zeta Oni (August 10th, 2017)
October 3rd, 2017

Chaos;Child by calc84maniac (August 6, 2017)
October 10 (EU) / 24 (NA), 2017

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus by luulubuu (11th June 2017) [took over for TheFlash]
October 27, 2017

Gran Turismo Sport by Psycho_Mantis ( July 28th,2017)
October 17, 2017

City Shrouded in Shadow by ranmafan (July 28th, 2017)
October 19th, 2017

Taiko No Tatsujin: Drum Session! by The Bankslammer (July 28th, 2017)
October 26th, 2017

Assassin's Creed Origins by Toa TAK (12th June 2017)
October 27th, 2017

PlayStation Media Showcase, Paris Games Week by Dinjooh (August 15th 2017)
30th of October 2017

Saber Rider and the Star Sherrifs by TheMoon (August 17, 2017)
projected release: Q3 2017

------------------ NOVEMBER ------------------

.hack//G.U. Last Recode by Dandy Crocodile (August 9th, 2017)
November 3, 2017

Kirby: Battle Royale by purseowner (19th Sept 2017) [claim conflict, unresolved]
November 3rd, 2017

Sonic Forces by LordKano (August 18th)
November 7th, 2017

L.A. Noire Current Gen by Plum (10th September 2017)
November 14th 2017

The Sims 4 for PS4 and Xbox One by AlexFlame116 (September 15th, 2017)
November 14, 2017

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Nintendo Switch by AlexFlame116 (August 24th, 2017)
November 17, 2017

Resident Evil Revelations Collection [Switch] by TheMoon (September 8 2017)
November 28, 2017

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - The Champions' Ballad by TheMoon (August 2, 2017)
November 2017 [ToniCodrea had his account deleted to I'm taking over]

Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time by luulubuu (6 of September, 2017)
30th November, 2017

------------------ DECEMBER ------------------

DOOM for Nintendo Switch by Cerium (15th Sept 2017)
Holiday 2017

Kamen Rider Climax Fighters by luulubuu (9 of September, 2017)
December 7, 2017

Yakuza Kiwami 2 JP by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
December 7, 2017

Okami HD by luulubuu (12 of September, 2017)
December 12, 2017

RESIDENT EVIL VII GOLD EDITION by luulubuu (6 of September, 2017)
12th December, 2017

------------------ 2018 ------------------

Monster Hunter: World by BlizzKrut (September 1st, 2017)
January 26, 2018

Secret of Mana Remake by Quonny (4th September, 2017)
February 15, 2018

Toaru Majutsu no Virtual-On by Shun (20 September, 2017)
15 February, 2018.

Hokuto ga Gotoku by purseowner (19th Sept 2017)
February 22nd, 2018

The Crew 2 by Aerocrane (1st September 2017)
16th of March 2018

Zone of the Enders: M∀RS by JehutyRunner (September 19, 2017)
Spring 2018

Black Desert (Xbox One) by Zeta Oni (September 12th, 2017)
Early 2018

Dynasty Warriors 9 by luulubuu (19 of September, 2017)
Early 2018

Dragon Quest Builders [Nintendo Switch] by TheMoon (September 19, 2017)
Spring 2018

Kirby Star Allies by TheMoon (September 19, 2017)
Spring 2018

####################
Rune: Ragnarok by Mr. Tibbs (4th September, 2017)
does not have a date so I don't think this claim is valid yet.
####################

Off-Topic:

[OT] MINDHUNTER by Robot Pants (August 7th, 2017)
October 13, 2017

Pop Team Epic Anime by luulubuu (19 of August, 2017)
Release date: October, 2017

Stranger Things 2 by luulubuu (9 of September, 2017)
October 27, 2017

Black Panther by TheWorthyEdge (December 1, 2015)
February 12, 2018

[OT] Tomb Raider by Toa TAK (19th September 2017)
Out March 16, 2018

[OT] Ant-Man and The Wasp by Quick (1st August 2017)
July 6th, 2018.

Jurassic World Evolution by Jawmuncher (August 19th, 2017)
Summer 2018

[OT] Junji Ito Collection by Aizo (August 10th, 2017)
Winter 2018

---------

remove from general list, as they're either out or claims have been taken back:
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception Parakeetman (January18th 2017) (out)
Sonic Forces by Hot Coldman (16th April 2017) (given up, someone else has it)
Mary Skelter Nightmares by A Huge Battleship (11th November 2016) (out)
Dragon Quest XI by Aeana (August 23, 2015) (out, JP OT posted)

from the "general" list, move my Xenoblade 2 claim to December as it releases December 1

Nemesis_

Okay, adding everything that's been put up this month in addition to claimed ones.

That way at least we can safely say that from November 2011 we have an archive of OTs.

Also wondering if people object to me removing the (Claim Date) from the entry once the thread goes up?

I'd also like EviLore's input on how early threads can be claimed, or at least some other members input on the matter.

Nemesis556 said:
Okay, adding everything that's been put up this month in addition to claimed ones.

That way at least we can safely say that from November 2011 we have an archive of OTs.

Also wondering if people object to me removing the (Claim Date) from the entry once the thread goes up?

I'd also like EviLore's input on how early threads can be claimed, or at least some other members input on the matter.

I don't know if there should necessarily be a hard rule. Just when it feels right I guess. I'm sure you could make a more strict ruleset if necessary though. The only thing I wouldn't want to see is claims the day something is announced, or before it's announced (in the case of a predictable sequel.)

A couple months out feels right to me, for big releases at least.

Mechazawa

Yeah, a couple months or something similar sounds like a pretty good idea. You might want to grandfather in the people who have dibbed general 2012 games, but otherwise, if you restrict it to a couple of months, there's probably less of a chance of the poster that called dibs on an OT going ghost on us.

I will do a Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest |OT| seeing as I preordered it (£14.99) and it is not getting talked about at all on the whole of neogaf.

I also want to make jokes about Jeremy

Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest by Keyser Soze (14th November 2011)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'd like to put my hand up for Resident Evil: Revelations, if nobody has already.

GhaleonEB

Gravijah said:
if it's announced, i assume one can call the ot?
That's kind of what I was thinking as well. I guess I'll go ahead and call the Halo 4 OT, unless I'm told otherwise.

Halo 4 by GhaleonEB (15th November 2011)

Blue Ninja said:
that's what I'm wondering too. But hey, we'd definitely let you have Halo 4 anyways.

Speaking of which, if you need any help on that one, I could collaborate with some writing or something.
We'll talk when the time comes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom