• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One of the largest space battles in human history is now unfolding

inherendo

This shit is indecipherable but always cool to hear about. I really think someone could chronicle EVE and actually make a pretty decent TV show based off of the events that happen. Like Battlestar Galactica that doesn't go to shit after 2 seasons.

Are referral links allowed here? I know that the person who gets people to sign up get really good bonuses. Should definitely disclosed that shit.

i dont know :s ill take it down if its an issue

EDIT: i read TOS and it seems like its only for real money revenue, but i don't wanna take that chance

So based on what I have heard. There is a population cap on the server and CFC was able to get most of their fleet in and TEST who didn't stage their fleet quickly enough could no longer bring more ships in once the server pop cap was reached.

So the fight was lopsided with a 2 to 1 ship advantage for one side.

Atilac

So based on what I have heard. There is a population cap on the server and CFC was able to get most of their fleet in and TEST who didn't stage their fleet quickly enough could no longer bring more ships in once the server pop cap was reached.

So the fight was lopsided with a 2 to 1 ship advantage for one side.

Guess reddit should have organized faster

Veronica

Banned
Am I the only one who would love to see a Jovian Mothership jump into the mix of this shit. I'd love to see the look on Goon's faces.

CCP trolololol face.

pulsemyne

Wiith the amount of firepower goons have on the field it would melt. Albeit very very very very very very very very slowly.

Got excited when I read the thread title. As soon as I read Eve Online I was disappointed. Never seen one of their "giant" spacebattles before?

Imagine the assault on the Death Star in Star Wars. Pretty exciting, right? Unfortunately this is the only thing you get to see:

deathstar8coir.gif

That Asakai battle was pretty cool.

That moment when all the bright flashes appear followed by titans/carriers warping in.

That kind of thing just isn't possible in themepark type MMO's.

I think game's like EVE(one's that prioritize player interaction and driven content over completing static content) is where the genre should be headed.

Raven77

Are there any cool videos of the last big EVE battle that are actually comprehensible to people who have no clue how the game works?

This shit is indecipherable but always cool to hear about. I really think someone could chronicle EVE and actually make a pretty decent TV show based off of the events that happen. Like Battlestar Galactica that doesn't go to shit after 2 seasons.

This is a real thing that is being made.

What are the politics that lead to a battle being 'planned' like this one?

I believe the goons started an invasion into TEST space about a month ago. I haven't read up on what exactly led to this battle taking place today.

Sajjaja

So... I imagine something this detailed is able to run on a low end pc, let alone a laptop lol.

Everytime I see EVE online stuff like this, I wanna play... but the learning curve, the subscription etc etc..... prevents me from doing naything.

Flambe

Damn I miss Eve =[

One thing holding me back is all my shit is in Delve from when Goons took it from BoB and I probably won't get anything out safely at this point from whoever's there now >.<

Yeah Eve is one of a kind, and gives a snapshot of how MMO's could have been if WOW didn't become this massive behomoth and shaped the design of MMOs.

As someone who's actually been in fairly big fights before, while the actual battle can be exciting if, you know, you load, the amount of waiting around you often have to do before one of these fights is boring as shit.

Of course, you want to talk about boring things in EVE, shooting towers is (or at least was) the worst thing.

Now what would crank this up for me is if you could send a team of Dust players onto someone's battleship to invade it and they'd be battling against either automated defenses that the EVE player purchased or you could potentially have another FPS corporation there for the ambush.

That would be cool to watch... although I'm not sure if reducing the game speed or server speed or whatever it was by 90% would make something like that possible.

Kainazzo

Now what would crank this up for me is if you could send a team of Dust players onto someone's battleship to invade it and they'd be battling against either automated defenses that the EVE player purchased or you could potentially have another FPS corporation there for the ambush.

That would be cool to watch... although I'm not sure if reducing the game speed or server speed or whatever it was by 90% would make something like that possible.

That would be awesome, and I'm surprised it hasn't been talked about. Instead of having EVE ships fire on Dust players, have them transport the players onto other ships (maps) instead. Even if the transport or target ships get destroyed, the players can just respawn and try for another.

Syntax

Boarding missions? Sounds great. It would actually work in this scenario as the MMO is significantly slowed, the FPS would have ample time for a deathmatch / conquest style match aboard ships.

Top Bottom