• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 - Gameplay in Free Roam including Black Hole Gun and Abilities

Orca

If I hear "oh that's so sick" combined with a complete lack of knowledge of the game ONE MORE FUCKING TIME....

Black hole gun
Won't you come
And wash away the terrain
Black hole gun
Won't you come
Won't you come (won't you come)

Excited to play this; I bet it'll bring back so many memories!

danowat

Banned
If I hear "oh that's so sick" combined with a complete lack of knowledge of the game ONE MORE FUCKING TIME....

The good ol youtuber limited vocabulary.

As for the game, looks a little rough to me..........

"I can't tell if it's 60 frames or not", it's not.

Raptor

One thing I have not seen is if they brought back the vehicles?

Especially if they transform like the first?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Talked about see a jump in quality with Xbox one X.

? I honestly think there might be something wrong with me. I see it with Forza MS 7, I see it with other games. I don't see it here, but perhaps that's more my perception of cell shaded art style here.

Not really a fan of Crackdown but its looking good.

For the record, for those wondering where the destruction is, that is specifically with the multiplayer, not singleplayer. This video is singleplayer.

Gestault

One thing I have not seen is if they brought back the vehicles?

Especially if they transform like the first?
They did, and they do. They only showed regular vehicles thus far though, not the transforming ones from the agency.

Something we've seen that could be connected is mech/power suits. If they end up with something like a G1 Devastator by the end of the game, I'll be a very happy camper.

Peroroncino

Looks like garbage.

Also disappointed about the complete lack of destruction, I know toppling buildings was supposed to be a multiplayer feature, but the level of destruction in SP honestly looks embarassing, especially paired with the pretty average graphical fidelity of this game.

I'd rather have Sunset Overdrive 2.

Hoje0308

Banned
Guy can't bother to spend five minutes on Google to learn a bit about the game before making a video? Trash channel if this video is any indication of the effort this guy puts in.

Krosia

Looks like garbage.

Also disappointed about the complete lack of destruction, I know toppling buildings was supposed to be a multiplayer feature, but the level of destruction in SP honestly looks embarassing, especially paired with the pretty average graphical fidelity of this game.

I'd rather have Sunset Overdrive 2.

I agree, not sure where the praise comes from. This looks bad.

I think my issue with this game and agents of mayhem is that they just look like PS3/xbox360 games that with better graphics slapped on. There's nothing on display with the gameplay, enemy ai/density, or obviously destruction (in single player) that screams that this game is a first party exclusive for the Xbox One.

I think this wouldn't be an issue if open world games weren't a dime a dozen but when even the newest Assassin's Creed looks more like a meaningful step forward then you've got a problem. This looks like an okay AA game yet it's one of the few "heavy hitters" MS has. Agents of Mayhem is at least a AA type game so it makes more sense as to why it's getting released.

Edit: where the hell is multiplayer gameplay anyways? People kept saying it was coming during E3 and the destruction would still be mine blowing and yet I can't find any footage of it.

haveheart

Banned
How is this still not cancelled?

This looks like a cell-shaded Saints Row 3. I can't see how this is a first party published game.

Was there an excuse for not having destruction in SP?

Kolx

Looks much better than I thought it was going to, but still feeling too generic for me to consider buying it. I'm sure people who love the series will enjoy it tho.

Jennings

Looks like a 360 game. And art looks too much like Borderlands for my Crackdown tastes.

It's too bad this is just generic single-player gameplay, since the selling point for the game (back when it was touted as a flagship game for the Xbox One platform at the console's launch) was the Azure-powered destructible multiplayer environments.

This was my most anticipated Xbox game back when it was announced. And although 90% of my excitement for this game has long-since expired, I'd be thrilled if it lived up to the hype.

adversarial

Looks like garbage.

Also disappointed about the complete lack of destruction, I know toppling buildings was supposed to be a multiplayer feature, but the level of destruction in SP honestly looks embarassing, especially paired with the pretty average graphical fidelity of this game

Pretty much. I imagine most of the interest is due to nostalgia. The destruction was the only interesting thing about this and it's not even implemented in SP.

killroy87

Videogame marketing in 2017:

Look at a videogame channel on YouTube, choose one with a high follower count, and send them exclusive footage whether they have any knowledge or interest in your game or not.

Someone got paid to make this decision.

Ushay

Ye still not feeling it. Its super obvious this game has been dragged through hell since it's announcement 4 years ago. With that much development time it should be looking super tight. I'm predicting this will get upper/middling scores.

Blam

Videogame marketing in 2017:

Look at a videogame channel on YouTube, choose one with a high follower count, and send them exclusive footage whether they have any knowledge or interest in your game or not.

Someone got paid to make this decision.

Yup that's how it always works.

EmiPrime

The visuals and game play are dated and it just looks boring to play. We've had a lot of open world games since the first Crackdown, CD3 just looks stuck in the past compared to the visual feast and innovation in Sunset Overdrive.

Had such high hopes for this one. It looks like Crackdown 1 with worse design, some cooler weapons I guess, near same exact gameplay. This has been in development for years, I can't believe this is what they came up with.

Was there an excuse for not having destruction in SP?

Lore reason = You're an Agent who's supposed to be protecting the city, not demolishing it. Multiplayer is all lore out the window.

Tech reason = Destruction was built around being always online for cloud computing. They might or might not have originally planned it for single player prior to doing a 180 on all that stuff but regardless, once they couldn't guarantee you'd have an online connection during the campaign it wasn't really an option anymore. Also building an open world campaign for a city that can be completely leveled is a bit hard to do.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I have this pre-ordered with store credit, might cancel and use the credit elsewhere. Will wait for some reviews. Hopefully there is no wait until release date review embargo.

Top Bottom