• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrowbCat - LawBreakers in an oversaturated market

dugdug

Banned
I realize this isn't the intent of the video, but, to me this just points out how often some critics can get lazy and just compare a new game to something they already know because it's just too dang hard to describe something in detail.

I realize this isn't the intent of the video, but, to me this just points out how often some critics can get lazy and just compare a new game to something they already know because it's just too dang hard to describe something in detail.

I wouldn't call all those twitch streamers critics

Courage

What is he even mocking in this one? He's just gonna do one of these for every game that bombs? His shtick is getting old.

A bit weird to relish in the failure of a game, but I guess it's kind of amusing to be able to take all the PR fluff after the fact.

Harlock

The video compiles how the game market was generic and used all the buzzwords possible. I still shaking after watching.

Honestly, the problem with this game is I never got an idea of what it was. Even watching the videos, it just showed people shooting other people and never talked about what was happening. Why would I pick something like that up? I don't get what makes this game different, at all. People talk about classes, but what and where are they? It's just so muddy.

I'd like to see this game eventually succeed, but it looks super DOA. Maybe they can fix it?

Tain

Cliffy is a silly guy. Lawbreakers is a great game that is as similar to Overwatch as Tekken is to Street Fighter (so yeah, he's right about that)

What? Fill me in fam

In his previous video he used a racist meme to make fun of AC: Origins

And not just a racist meme, but a meme that is used by and known primarily in /pol/ and other outstandingly hateful communities of the internet. No one would ever "accidentally" use that meme.

Either you know about it because you agree with it or you know about it because you are against it (in which case you wouldn't use it for comedy). Or you don't know about it at all (in which case it wouldn't use it at all).

Nyoro SF

Sometimes it takes someone good at compiling the past to make us realize just how dumb something is. I always enjoy these videos, like a catalog.

Was this meant to try and get me interested in the game because that's what the video achieved. I'm used to crowbcat showing how bad a game is not how fun it looks haha.

What is he even mocking in this one? He's just gonna do one of these for every game that bombs? His shtick is getting old.

My two big takeaways from this vid is the aggressive yet unsuccessful push of their marketing, and all the things Cliffy B was saying that was either not really helping sell his game or was just cringe worthy. I really wanted to stop the vid a few times when he was talking.

And I do find videos like this interesting; when you have a company pump a ton of money into the creation of a game that "generates hype" and a developer that's found prior success not only shits on his prior fans but seems to struggle to make the case for his new game, it's videos like this that display what a shit show some of these could become. Videos like this let the marketing footage and developers speak for themselves really.

Sometimes it takes someone good at compiling the past to make us realize just how dumb something is. I always enjoy these videos, like a catalog.

Kind of my feeling on this too.

m2A5ThF.png

Wow, I must have missed this one.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
The number of multiplayer titles is just ridiculous thank god there are studios that still want to serve single player goodness.

-MD-

Was this meant to try and get me interested in the game because that's what the video achieved. I'm used to crowbcat show had bad a game is not how fun it looks haha.

He can't really go for that angle because the game is actually good, the things people are jumping on are the marketing and low player count.

Alienous

I didn't really see the point being made with this video.

There was the "Overwatch is for children" followed by a child winning at a LawBreakers event, but otherwise ... I don't get the video.

Like, there's a lot of praise for the game in the video and I was waiting for the turnaround, but there wasn't. And I haven't heard anything negative about the game really.

Welp, that was a weird video - CrowbCat videos usually have a through-line.

ViciousDS

Banned
And not just a racist meme, but a meme that is used by and known primarily in /pol/ and other outstandingly hateful communities of the internet. No one would ever "accidentally" use that meme.

Either you know about it because you agree with it or you know about it because you are against it (in which case you wouldn't use it for comedy). Or you don't know about it at all (in which case it wouldn't use it at all).

im not sure I see it..........is it the san andreas playback?

Shengar

It's quite funny.

To be fucking real though, shit comparison that people casually throw at single glance is the cancerous attitude that killing this industry. Stupid, oxymoronic remarks as later in years people will ask why there isn't something like X, something like X come out, it turned out to be different, and people hated it because of it.

I've seen this before with MH, and people from older time might have seen it with Doom and numerous other genre before. It's been there since ancient time I guess, but no less cancerous.

Top Bottom