• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobius Final Fantasy |OT| From the Makers of Final Fantasy XIII

Falk

that puzzling face
Right now? Cone nukes get the most bang for the buck. You can basically keep up a perpetual motion machine of blowing up most things for little orb cost then regenning orbs on the last guy to rinse and repeat.

4* on those reduces their orb cost from 4 to 3, and most of them even have a trait that 50% regenerates an orb on use (100% if hitting vulnerability)

TIL that making a card 4* does not make the drops become 4*, it caps at 3*. Also, an ability upgrade is 5% chance per card. The game also makes you use soooo many ability tickets for it too so fml.

Razmos

Will the summoned mage be able to unlock more advanced jobs in the future as it only shows two skill panels currently?
More skill panels unlock as you complete them. Completing the first skill panel will make the third show up, and completing the second will make the fourth show up.

TIL that making a card 4* does not make the drops become 4*, it caps at 3*. Also, an ability upgrade is 5% chance per card. The game also makes you use soooo many ability tickets for it too so fml.
If you're talking about the Pupu the trick to getting the level 5 ability on the 4* form is to get one 3* fodder to level 4 as that grants it an 80% fusion success rate...throw in 4 level 1s and you're up to 100%. More verbose version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xnode/how_to_max_your_4_pupu_efficiently/
Attack abilities use different numbers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xck1j/ability_levelling_tables_most_efficient_number_of/
No need to spend ability tickets on boosting fusion.

edit: Wait the pupu skills are passive element resist as in just having in your deck gives you them...now I can see why some people want 2 of each element (though that is excessive as it exceeds the hardcap) well that and 28 skillseed gain...

If you're talking about the Pupu the trick to getting the level 5 ability on the 4* form is to get one 3* fodder to level 4 as that grants it an 80% fusion success rate...throw in 4 level 1s and you're up to 100%. More verbose version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xnode/how_to_max_your_4_pupu_efficiently/
Attack abilities use different numbers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MobiusFF/comments/4xck1j/ability_levelling_tables_most_efficient_number_of/
No need to spend ability tickets on boosting fusion.

edit: Wait the pupu skills are passive element resist as in just having in your deck gives you them...now I can see why some people want 2 of each element (though that is excessive as it exceeds the hardcap) well that and 28 skillseed gain...
It was just a really drunk post of surprise that the cost increases dramatically when maxing the cards out. Thanks for the links though.

Do drop rates get increased on Hard? Or is that just the skillseed multiplier?
According to the game, it does increase the drop rate though I'm not sure by how much. Anecdotally, I didn't really see a huge difference.

SoulUnison

Banned
There's a filter to not show Favorite cards, I wish there was also one to ONLY show Favorite cards.

It seems bizarre to have one and not the other, even.

Am I just missing it, somehow?

WarAdept

According to the game, it does increase the drop rate though I'm not sure by how much. Anecdotally, I didn't really see a huge difference.

Yeah I tried switching from Hard to Normal for the event and I'm still getting a good amount of Pupu card drops and augument cards. I'd farm on hard but atm, there's events going on in other FF Gatcha games so I need to spread my time quickly and as efficiently as possible.

UFO is 2* max correct? Just in case there's some hidden augumenting mechanic that I'm blindly missing.

linkent

Yeah I tried switching from Hard to Normal for the event and I'm still getting a good amount of Pupu card drops and augument cards. I'd farm on hard but atm, there's events going on in other FF Gatcha games so I need to spread my time quickly and as efficiently as possible.

UFO is 2* max correct? Just in case there's some hidden augumenting mechanic that I'm blindly missing.
It is 2* max.
consider buying Gusion(3 stars support card) for 3 ability cards, and increase it Alvl with the UFO.(Dunno how useful is he, but who knows he is good in the future)
Gusion has a 4* upgrade but i dont think it is worth it to do till the Golden Star become more common.(keep 5 max ALvl UFO to upgrade his Alvl when you do the upgrade.

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, non-whaling, non-lucky Warriors are struggle-tier right now

Fire: No Molten Cores lol enjoy your 2*s

Earth: Farm a 24-stam Arena for a chance for Golems to show up for a chance at the upgrade mats

Water: Farm Liches for Ability fodder

Golnei

They're guaranteed to show up at the first and last floors of the Runic Temple in Chapter 2, I think.

No, that's just the tiny miniboss version. Speaking of which, would it really have been that difficult to recolour the enemies with size variations...?

Falk

that puzzling face
Yea many of the actual mat farm bosses have a smaller version

Fire Lizard -> Red Dragon

Adamantiny -> Adamantoise

Those also seem to generally (though not always) drop the AOE version of a class/element card.

Dreavus

Man, non-whaling, non-lucky Warriors are struggle-tier right now

Fire: No Molten Cores lol enjoy your 2*s

Earth: Farm a 24-stam Arena for a chance for Golems to show up for a chance at the upgrade mats

Water: Farm Liches for Ability fodder

Jesus. I was just going to ask here how the gacha warrior class was because I just pulled him and the White Mage job cards (pulled twice when the new jobs got added). Not sure if I want to go into a second class.

I'm struggling to understand White Mage though because the weapon upgrades increase the chance for earth orbs, which are useless. Is it worth taking it all the way over my apprentice Mage who is sitting at black Mage (4th panel)? I would hate to reinvest orbs into another Mage class of its not much better.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you've already unlocked base Black Mage, I'm not too sure if deep-diving gacha White Mage, at least not till Ch3.

Feels like a safer bet might be to start working on a warrior or ranger-type class, but on the other hand it might be worth saving up skillseeds for when (if lol) you pull a better shot at one of those.

I mean, really, all there is to do now is to get to the point you can autobattle 500k for most efficient farming to bulk up on Skillseeds. There's no outrageously difficult content yet.

edit: That being said most of the current autobattle setups invariably slant towards Knight (gacha or base) with Brotherhood which helps spamming Ultimate for massive score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASTQmVjeEnM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVV9VjkZLrg

Falk

that puzzling face
What are your comparitive abilities like? Lv6 abilities are going to trump the shit out of Lv1s.

At similar ability levels Knight outshines for low-effort autobattling because of how Brotherhood interacts with the Ultimate, but prior to that point a tricked out Mage is gonna perform better. (And from my brief experience Mage atm can get far bigger numbers with someone at the wheel, largely because the class itself focuses on smart ability use due to high Magic stat)

p.s. anyone else feel like there's an issue going back to the world map (e.g. after combat results screen) where there's a leftover input and you need to drag around the screen just to get it to release? iOS, highly annoying.

WarAdept

What are your comparitive abilities like? Lv6 abilities are going to trump the shit out of Lv1s.

At similar ability levels Knight outshines for autoattacking because of the Ultimate, but prior to that point a tricked out Mage is gonna perform better.

p.s. anyone else feel like there's an issue going back to the world map (e.g. after combat results screen) where there's a leftover input and you need to drag around the screen just to get it to release? iOS, highly annoying.

Yeah I'm using fresh, out of the box Warrior abilities. Comparatively, my Mage has the entire Blizzard (ra/ga/ja) line maxed out at 3* and some of the Aero line at 3* maxed.

I just wanted these crazy skillseed gains that I'm seeing in this videos. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Use your mage to farm up warrior earth cone at least. I'm targeting that plus maxed Aero (yes, lol) on my Knight for skillseed farming.

Dreavus

Alright might start looking into warrior as a side class, having an easier time auto battling sounds appealing. Maybe if earth spells make an appearance I'll consider upping that gacha WM again

Definitely getting the map bug. Often can't click a node without scrolling around the map a tiny bit.

Widge

Grinding the shit out of this PuPu area.

How do people set their characters up?

I tend to have 1 x magic of each of their affiliations, 1 x support and whatever I feel from the rent.

Got 5x slots at the moment and I'm splitting them up depending on how I like their elemental affiliation. Got enough to have Mage, White Mage, Hunter, Warrior (who seems to have a different skill panel setup - different weapon) and Knight.

Falk

that puzzling face
I honestly only have two nukes. It works out that I do more damage without vulnerability as long as it isn't a resist due to incomplete deck possibilities right now (i.e. no Magic earth)

The other two are filled out with whatever Skillseeds I want to farm. Soon to be two 4* Pupus with maxed out Skillseeds (come to daddy)

Gusion is interesting. So it has windforce and I unlocked the extra skill that refunds the orbs of the element used to cast (which would be support)...one thing. Since windforce is active at that point those become wind orbs :lol: I guess it is a balance point as otherwise you could keep it perpetually in play..

Hahaha I always thought that was intended design (giving you more orbs of that color - exact reason you're using it) but worded wrongly, but your explanation makes sense.

Gusion is interesting. So it has windforce and I unlocked the extra skill that refunds the orbs of the element used to cast (which would be support)...one thing. Since windforce is active at that point those become wind orbs :lol: I guess it is a balance point as otherwise you could keep it perpetually in play.

I got the Fire, Water and Earth Pupu up to 4*. Not fully maxed skillseeds as the last ones have really low odds but they're mainly bought for getting 16 of their element rather than the up to 12 wind they potentially also offer.

Widge

I need something like 17 pupu augmenting cards. Lots of battles to go.

Does difficulty [normal/hard] affect rareness of drop btw?

So just when I thought knew things about this game some random reddit comment threw me into a mix. So apparently for the Pupu event it gets harder the higher your account level is (every 5 levels so like 21,26...). Is that just this event or the game as a whole? If it is the latter might be why I was having a hard time in chapter 2 (I'd done shrine of trials a bit).

Does difficulty [normal/hard] affect rareness of drop btw?
Some people think so but I don't think it is a large difference.

Done getting Pupu cards. All I need to do now is just get more money. The fully upgraded en- abilities seem pretty good for grinding bosses.

Shouta

Man, you know what really impresses me about Mobius? Their collaboration events in the JP version are crazy. They add new game systems, map graphics, for their events to represent their collaborations as well as the usual gatcha stuff. They're doing a Hoshizora no Dragon Quest collab to celebrate the 30th anniversary and it seems like they're trying to emulate that game as much as possible, lol.

Man, you know what really impresses me about Mobius? Their collaboration events in the JP version are crazy. They add new game systems, map graphics, for their events to represent their collaborations as well as the usual gatcha stuff. They're doing a Hoshizora no Dragon Quest collab to celebrate the 30th anniversary and it seems like they're trying to emulate that game as much as possible, lol.
Saw the stream, and they did a good job.

I love Dragon Quest, but Hoshidora hasn't been localized. (prob never will)
So I doubt we'll ever get that event for Global Mobius. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Hooray, battle event with an earth boss.

I sure hope I didn't deep-dive a White Mage.

Oh wait

GDI

Falk

that puzzling face
So I had the bright idea to bring a Windshift and Wind magic abilities with my WHM, RNG for support orbs be damned.

It doesn't work.

RIP my stamina.

WarAdept

So I had the bright idea to bring a Windshift and Wind magic abilities with my WHM, RNG for support orbs be damned.

It doesn't work.

RIP my stamina.

I tried this as well. I was dissapointed.

EDIT: Oh god I just saw the post on Reddit about farming multiple copies of Pupu to use as fodder for 5* cards of the same ability later. Goddamn my OCD.

Uthred

I tried this as well. I was dissapointed.

EDIT: Oh god I just saw the post on Reddit about farming multiple copies of Pupu to use as fodder for 5* cards of the same ability later. Goddamn my OCD.

Farming multiple 4* Pupu's? Going to be expensive, though if you can auto farm the stages on hard it probably more than pays for itself.

Edit: Wow, the cost of unlocking panels on the fourth job panel is nuts, tens of thousands of skillseeds

Widge

Right, I have enough augment cards to go 4* on all the pupu cards, just need money.

Walking up and down the middle path, stepping up to Hard. Crazy the leap in difficulty in that point.

Falk

that puzzling face
When you're done with the UFOs, if you can't auto the UFOs on Hard you might as well auto non-UFO PuPu stages to finish those off.

5 stam + pretty great multiplier.

edit: Oh yeah, Gacha job card weapons do seem to give some sick bonuses on the penultimate upgrade. This WHM staff now gives a speed star.

edit2: 4th panel costs are indeed nuts. Right now with only the first 2 chapters available it feels like the 4th panel is where the game is saying "Okay, well, you've beaten a lot of content, now you need to figure out how to optimize your decks in such a way that you can autoattack some hard content for ridiculous multipliers". Because I can't imagine anyone in their right mind manually doing battles for like 80 skillseeds a pop. Autobattling for x5 x2.5 multipliers for like 800 seeds? Heck yeah. In a weird way it's scratching that same itch that Factorio and other automated-builder sims do. Or clickers.

clickers are the spawn of satan

Falk

that puzzling face
2x Lv 3 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from from Lv 1 -> 3
1x Lv 4 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 3-> 4
1x Lv 5 Earth Pupu to get Lamorak from Lv 4 -> 5
3x Lv 4 Earth Pupus to get Lamorak from Lv 5 -> 6

wtf

... well I guess I have 20 elixirs, nothing better to do and the Skillseed rates aren't awful.

Celegus

How the heck do you even get enough Gil to upgrade a pupu to 4*? I just started chapter 2 so I'm not super OP or anything, still trying to figure the game mechanics out. I did clear the pupu event though and upgraded all 4 cards to 3*.

Uthred

How the heck do you even get enough Gil to upgrade a pupu to 4*? I just started chapter 2 so I'm not super OP or anything, still trying to figure the game mechanics out. I did clear the pupu event though and upgraded all 4 cards to 3*.

Grind the 40X PuPu stages, you get ~5K per go on normal so depending on drop luck you should have ~200K by the time you're ready (i.e. you've max skilled your 3* PuPu) to upgrade one to 4*

Celegus

Grind the 40X PuPu stages, you get ~5K per go on normal so depending on drop luck you should have ~200K by the time you're ready (i.e. you've max skilled your 3* PuPu) to upgrade one to 4*
Is it generally better to max a card before you augment it? I maxed the fire one first but not quite the others.

Uthred

Just realised Mysterious Antenna work with every coloured card (subtly given away by the big icon on them indicating such ;) ), going to max all my skillseeds in no time.

Is it generally better to max a card before you augment it? I maxed the fire one first but not quite the others.

I'm honestly not sure, I've been maxing their skills before upgrading, I know theres a big drop off going from skill level 4->5 but I dont know if thats because the card is now a 4* or because theres a big gap between 4->5

I forgot about this game when I started playing FF9. Is a new chapter out yet?

No

Top Bottom