• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NiGHTS 2 Coming! (Looks like NOM is off the hook... THIS time.)

jvalioli

ant1532 said:
So is there any other information besides it being on the cover of the magazine?
Don't think so. I think the Sonic Team "news" come from *****, so it looks like we'll have to wait until one of these magazines releases.

RavenFox

Banned
Kevar said:
Possibly the greatest announcement to happen this year ruined by NeoGAF trolls in ten pages or less. And not one mod is going to care. Well done, everyone.
What trolling? I donot troll threads. Why would any true fan want a game like Panzer Dragoon be made on lesser hardware when more compitent machine are available for the taking? Should they make an arcade version first so you can see what I mean. C'mon I love Nights and I hope its for the Wii. Thats a game that would be perfect for the Wii with its colorful backgrounds and very Wii mote friendly gameplay. Panzer has always excelled game afetr game with better graphics. Im sure you played the last one on Xbox right? It didnt sell much but it was Spectacular. Lets be honest friends. Some things will work on the Wii and others wont.

Pimpbaa

Sonic Team USA? They had enough chances to proves themselves and failed every time. This game is gonna suck more than a 2 dollar whore with a 10 dollar tip :(

Evlar

Banned
ant1532 said:
So is there any other information besides it being on the cover of the magazine?
Several GAFfers (anecdotally) reporting that the editor of GameReactor and a Sega representative have said the article is legitimate in phone conversations. Also, the story apparently confirms that it's a new game, not a VC release of the original NiGHTS.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Segata Sanshiro said:
Any real NiGHTS fan wouldn't give a crap which system it's on. I mean, graphics? You do remember the original was a 3D Saturn game, right? It had brilliant art direction, but the game ran terribly in places. Clearly, the love for the game is not due to its technical achievements. Anyway, it can be on any damn system, I'll buy it, I'll buy every version of it, and I'll even buy a copy in the name of FirstInHell just to render him irrelevant.

What kind of Segata Sanshiro imposter are you??? NIGHTS WAS ONLY POSSIBLE ON SATURN

the mods better have a good excuse, because no one could ever pull this shit in a sony thread.... bishiptl and jinx do you here me.

ant1532

Banned
Darunia said:
It's a celebration bitches!
Grab a Drink
Grab a Glass
After that I grab Ya Ass.

Why you actin all?
Shy and all
Why is yall
Lying fo

229277.gif

RavenFox said:
What trolling? I donot troll threads. Why would any true fan want a game like Panzer Dragoon be made on lesser hardware when more compitent machine are available for the taking? Should they make an arcade version first so you can see what I mean. C'mon I love Nights and I hope its for the Wii. Thats a game that would be perfect for the Wii with its colorful backgrounds and very Wii mote friendly gameplay. Panzer has always excelled game afetr game with better graphics. Im sure you played the last one on Xbox right? It didnt sell much but it was Spectacular. Lets be honest friends. Some things will work on the Wii and others wont.

...so you're saying you're a troll?

Canti

Segata Sanshiro said:
Any real NiGHTS fan wouldn't give a crap which system it's on. I mean, graphics? You do remember the original was a 3D Saturn game, right? It had brilliant art direction, but the game ran terribly in places. Clearly, the love for the game is not due to its technical achievements. Anyway, it can be on any damn system, I'll buy it, I'll buy every version of it, and I'll even buy a copy in the name of FirstInHell just to render him irrelevant.

Clearly, kind sir, you have "wisdom of the Ages" :)

Kodiak said:
this would be exciting if Sonic Team had the ability to make good games.

Well there is a difference from the guys that gave us Sonic PS3/360 and Sonic and the secret rings. One Sonic team is ok, the other sucks.

RavenFox said:

oh lordy, name one genre that wouldn't work on the wii.

FirstInHell said:
Millions of people played GTA. 200,000 people played Nights. That number is all you need to realize that the game is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
You do remember that it wasn't until GTA 3, that the series sold into the millions. The first and second GTA games weren't as successful.

It's a no brainer that a Nights sequel will sell much better than the original.

ant1532

Banned
This really is real real good news. I mean the old one is amazing and all but the graphics aged SO poorly. I really do hope it is on PS3 or Wii though, since if it was on 360, I can't see them making it better since it will basically be the same game with amazing graphics unless they add a new mechanic(which hopefully doesn't ruin the formula).

kylej said:
I think people here don't know what the "industry" part of "gaming industry" means.
I don't think you understand what the "gaming" part means.

When people talk about film, should they consider only box office?

When people talk about music, should they consider only Top 40 charts?

When people talk about literature, should they consider only bestseller lists?

In fact, when people talk about entertainment, art, or culture, need they consider those things at all? Of ****ing course not.

If people want to discuss industry trends or future projections, those things are fitting and expected. If people want to discuss VIDEO GAMES and PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, those things need never come up.

Jel0man

:lol @ the website

What they say in the update is something like this:

In this issue Nights is featured, but Sega didn't want us to show the picture on the cover so you have to wait for this issue to arrive in stores. Until then you will have to do it with this silhouette.

The magazine is a bit late with that:lol.

gamereactor46_116560.jpg

Chris Remo said:
I don't think you understand what the "gaming" part means.

When people talk about film, should they consider only box office?

When people talk about music, should they consider only Top 40 charts?

When people talk about literature, should they consider only bestseller lists?

In fact, when people talk about entertainment, art, or culture, need they consider those things at all? Of ****ing course not.

If people want to discuss industry trends or future projections, those things are fitting and expected. If people want to discuss VIDEO GAMES and PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, those things need never come up.

QFT, i still can't believe that people would try to downplay this revealing. incredible

tim1138

Nothing brings the trolls out like a Nintendo thread...
Anyways this is very exciting news! I echo the sentiments of "please include the original with the new one" and "don't mess this up!"

Ranger X

CreatureX3 said:
You do remember that it wasn't until GTA 3, that the series sold into the millions. The first and second GTA games weren't as successful.

It's a no brainer that a Nights sequel will sell much better than the original.

Except that GTA was a crippled game that has always been asking to be in 3D and the phenomenon that was GTA3 proved that.
Ain't happening with Nights2. (if ever its true it's coming to begin with)
Also, shall i remind you that 99% of Sega games in the last years were quite total shite?
Following Sonic, Nights could be the next game to destroy your good memories.

Krowley

Cosmozone said:
So sequel or remake? There's no confirmation yet.

I would almost hope for a remake since i've never played the original, and also, it was apparently good so even a bad dev team could just copy the exact design, improve the graphics and end up with a good game.

I guess my preference would all depend on the quality of the dev team and whether or not they will include the original in some fashion.

angelfly

tim1138 said:
Anyways this is very exciting news! I echo the sentiments of "please include the original with the new one" and "don't mess this up!"

A DoA:U type package would be great.

farnham

Banned
tim1138 said:
its a sega thread..

we dont know if its comming to a nintendo hardware..

it might be a PS3 exclusive as well..(which will suddenly change everybodies opinion on the game immediately) there are strong indications for the wii though... but its no confirmation so..

tim1138

angelfly said:
A DoA:U type package would be great.

Yes, yes it would. Even if the first only had classic controller support and wasn't retrofitted for the Remote it would be fantastic.

farnham said:
its a sega thread..

it might be a PS3 exclusive as well..(which will suddenly change everybodies opinion on the game immediately) there are strong indications for the wii though... but its no confirmation so..

True, I'm going with the assumption that this was going to be ONM's big reveal though.

Muppet345

farnham said:
its a sega thread..

Yeah ONM will have an exclusive on a PS3 game.

..Actually I would find that to be a hilarious ****up for ONM, so I hope it happens.

tim1138 said:

God, that's the problem, this isn't a ****ing Nintendo thread, this is a Sega thread. SEGA FANS. WE WILL BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN AND EAT YOUR CAT. ASK BERNIE STOLAR.

Also Ranger X you are right, 99 out of Sega's last 100 games have been shit. I WILL SKIN YOUR FAMILY AND USE IT TO MAKE A FANCY COAT.

segata8tinew.gif

Ranger X said:
Except that GTA was a crippled game that has always been asking to be in 3D and the phenomenon that was GTA3 proved that.
Ain't happening with Nights2. (if ever its true it's coming to begin with)
Keep in mind, also, the world into which Nights was released. Sega practically sent it to the wolves, as it was released head-to-head with Mario 64 and Crash (not that they had much of a choice, just sayin'). The game sold to a decent percentage of the Saturn user base, but it would have done better (and probably have moved more hardware) if the circumstances were better.

If Sega doesn't butcher this game development-wise, and throws some decent marketing behind it, it could sell like gangbusters.

Canti

farnham said:
hmmm so first Nights is not comming and now Nights sucks..?

:lol As far as I understand the trolls, Nights is only nothing special if it's on Wii, in that case it'll suck/sell poorly. Otherwise its all good...

farnham

Banned
Kevar said:

..Actually I would find that to be a hilarious ****up for ONM, so I hope it happens.
uh.. that thing could be super mario galaxy as well..

farnham

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
God, that's the problem, this isn't a ****ing Nintendo thread, this is a Sega thread. SEGA FANS. WE WILL BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN AND EAT YOUR CAT. ASK BERNIE STOLAR.

Also Ranger X you are right, 99 out of Sega's last 100 games have been shit. I WILL SKIN YOUR FAMILY AND USE IT TO MAKE A FANCY COAT.

segata8tinew.gif
Segata sanshiro
Segata sanshiro

SEGA SATAN SHIRO!!!!!

SE GA SA TAN SHIRO

SEGA SaTAAAN SHIIIIROOOOO:lol :lol :lol

tim1138

Segata Sanshiro said:

segata8tinew.gif

Hahaha, my apologies Sanshiro-san! However, I am a Nintendo and Sega fan at the same time, so please spare my nonexistant cat! :lol

tim1138 said:
Hahaha, my apologies Sanshiro-san! However, I am a Nintendo and Sega fan at the same time, so please spare my nonexistant cat! :lol

Very well, your possible cat is safe for now, but I'm still making a coat out of Ranger's family.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kevar said:

They could have an exclusive on a multiplatform game. It's happened before.

edit: Although I don't think it's ever happened to an EXCLUSIVE magazine.

_Angelus_

Banned
RavenFox said:
Hell no! No offence to the Wii but this game should not be held back or butchered by the Flintstones gpu in the Wii. Put this bitch on 360 or PS3. If motion control is needed then shit drop in on PS3 and give it the graphics that the year 2007 and beyond call for.

roll-2.gif

Top Bottom