• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

luxarific
Nork unification denier
(03-23-2012, 06:53 PM)
luxarific's Avatar
Why are people using spoiler text in the spoiler thread?

Really hope the prison doesn't last two seasons - that's like what, 20 episodes? Way too long and it will bring back unpleasant memories of the damn farm.
LakeEarth
Member
(03-23-2012, 06:54 PM)
LakeEarth's Avatar
Ahh, just to cover up huge moments. It's personal choice if you want to or not.

And seasson 3 is supposed to be 16 episodes, so more like ~30 episodes if they take two seasons.
Raoh
Member
(03-23-2012, 07:06 PM)
Raoh's Avatar

Originally Posted by luxarific

Why are people using spoiler text in the spoiler thread?

Really hope the prison doesn't last two seasons - that's like what, 20 episodes? Way too long and it will bring back unpleasant memories of the damn farm.

An entire season on a farm sucked but you can cover a lot of story with the prison.


Hershel teaching people to farm.
Clearing out the cells. (huge prison, no lights [yet], securing outside and inside perimeter.
Finding the surviving inmates and introducing charaters/story/conflict. (Axel/Dexter/Thomas)
Michonne/Tyresse (Julie/Chris? appearing on the show as well?)
Governor and Co. (gives a second location with Woodbury) (Zombie sport fights) (bigger community than Ricks group)
Sniper Andrea character development.
Lori/Judith (prison occupation has to last long enough for Lori to give birth, maybe a month or so after Judith is born is when the raid on the prison happens? Which is after Tyresse is murdered and michonne is tortured right?)

And that's just the living folk, not including the zombie scenarios.


Was Abraham and Rosita introduced during the prison or after?

They jumped the gun in the tv show in the first season, you saw them wearing riot gear in the town when they found Rick but the riot gear in the comic was first introduced at the prison.

In the tv show I think I remember The first episode Rick or Shane made a comment about a new prison in Grant County, could have been an early reference.

If my memory is right, michonne was introduced in issue 19 and the prison story line ended around issue 48/50?
Incendiary
Banned
(03-23-2012, 07:12 PM)
Incendiary's Avatar
Yeah, I just went through and reread the first compendium. The prison takes up six chapters, and everything up to the prison took two. I'd be real surprised if they don't take at least two seasons on the prison arc. Although the Governor doesn't show up until chapter five and I believe they've already cast him, right?
blackflag
Banned
(03-23-2012, 07:27 PM)

Originally Posted by ShinAmano

Well...they are re-printing the Omnibus Books and they are going for $50 or so. IMO...they are the way to go.

I've actually read them all, I was just commenting on the fact that I thought I had #1-#21 but only have #7-21 so I don't have the big money books except #19 which will probably be around 1k after next season starts.
-Pyromaniac-
(03-23-2012, 09:09 PM)
-Pyromaniac-'s Avatar
It's crazy when you think about it. The show has been so confined to just Rick and his group for the most part, it's gonna be really weird when they introduce all the other characters and crazy shit that goes down during that story arc, and then how it wraps up with Rick and the people who survived that shit together again.

It's sooo goood.
Wray
Member
(03-23-2012, 11:05 PM)
Wray's Avatar

Originally Posted by BY2K

A LOT happens in the prison arc, and a lot of it is also some pretty important stuff.

I do hope that it means Lori will bite the dust in season 3.

My memory is sketchy, but doesnt Lori die toward the end of the prison arc? So wouldnt that happen in S4?
a secret-boss
Banned
(03-23-2012, 11:15 PM)
I know some people doesn't like Lori, but I hope they don't follow her fate concerning issue 48
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
(03-23-2012, 11:21 PM)
gdt's Avatar

Originally Posted by a secret-boss

I know some people doesn't like Lori, but I hope they don't follow her fate concerning issue 48

Pffff fuck that. One of the best moments ever. Take the baby too.
Raoh
Member
(03-23-2012, 11:25 PM)
Raoh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wray

My memory is sketchy, but doesnt Lori die toward the end of the prison arc? So wouldnt that happen in S4?


Yep....




Originally Posted by a secret-boss

I know some people doesn't like Lori, but I hope they don't follow her fate concerning issue 48

I say burn the witch..

http://youtu.be/zrzMhU_4m-g
bengraven
Member
(03-23-2012, 11:37 PM)
bengraven's Avatar
Seriously, though, the prison is a fucking death march. Look how many people walk out of there alive...not counting the four adults who already left for the farm, they kill all but three people (Michonne, Carl and Rick). I don't think I've ever seen that kind of massive destruction.

A friend of mine who's only watched the series asked how many people from the original group that left Atlanta were still alive in the comics. I had to tell him 5...but the fifth person was already dead in the series. He's like "Shane?" and I laughed. "No, Sophia". "STFU!" haha

I wonder if that will be similar in Season 3. I doubt it, but man.

I'm assuming Season 4 will be random wandering with the cannibals and meeting with Abraham's group, then Season 5 will all be in the "gated community"?
luxarific
Nork unification denier
(03-23-2012, 11:41 PM)
luxarific's Avatar

Originally Posted by LakeEarth

Ahh, just to cover up huge moments. It's personal choice if you want to or not.

And seasson 3 is supposed to be 16 episodes, so more like ~30 episodes if they take two seasons.

I agree with people who think she needs to die. It's not because I hate the way she's been written in this show (though I do), but it's more because it's basically Rick's nadir in the comic (yes, I'm aware this plot development basically epitomizes the WIR problem - but I lay that at Kirkman's feet (not the best writer out there, reallly)).
a secret-boss
Banned
(03-23-2012, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by gdt

Pffff fuck that. One of the best moments ever. Take the baby too.

:(

I was just sad for Carl and Rick

But then it was The Road like after that
bill0527
um, I'll be right back
(03-23-2012, 11:46 PM)
bill0527's Avatar
I just finished issues 1-12.

Interesting deviations they've made between the TV and comic.

Hell.. none of these characters so far are like what I've seen from the TV show.

Too bad this series couldn't have been on HBO. They could have called it - The Walking Dead: Errbody be fuckin' up in hurr.

The farm came and went so quickly in the comic that it seems pretty obvious to me that they spent the whole season there for budgetary reasons.
Raoh
Member
(03-24-2012, 12:02 AM)
Raoh's Avatar

Originally Posted by bill0527

I just finished issues 1-12.

Interesting deviations they've made between the TV and comic.

Hell.. none of these characters so far are like what I've seen from the TV show.

Too bad this series couldn't have been on HBO. They could have called it - The Walking Dead: Errbody be fuckin' up in hurr.

The farm came and went so quickly in the comic that it seems pretty obvious to me that they spent the whole season there for budgetary reasons.

Thank you.

Since you are a new reader to the series, I hope this helps to explain to people that its not that we older comic readers hate the show or actors etc, its that there is such a difference in the direction of the TWD universe as a whole.


As for the rest of the comic series, you are in for the ride of your life. Since comics as a whole are getting boring right now I am going to re-read TWD for a third or fourth time. On the xmen side team wolverine sucks, team cyclops rocks, only thing I'm looking forward to is Avengers vs X-Men.


For TWD fans I also recommend:

Nemesis (Think Batman, but as a villian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(Icon_Comics)

Last Blood (Online Web Comic, Interesting take on Zombies and Vampires)

http://lastblood.keenspot.com/


Y: The Last Man (It's like planet of the apes meets I am Legend, only the apes are women LOL)


Absolution (Green Lantern like hero goes vigilante)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolution_(comics)





I buy a lot of comics I like, like the ones I mentioned but I also keep digital copies for my iphone, so I can share any of them if anyone is interested.
LowerLevel
Member
(03-24-2012, 12:29 AM)
LowerLevel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raoh

Thank you.

Since you are a new reader to the series, I hope this helps to explain to people that its not that we older comic readers hate the show or actors etc, its that there is such a difference in the direction of the TWD universe as a whole.


As for the rest of the comic series, you are in for the ride of your life. Since comics as a whole are getting boring right now I am going to re-read TWD for a third or fourth time. On the xmen side team wolverine sucks, team cyclops rocks, only thing I'm looking forward to is Avengers vs X-Men.


For TWD fans I also recommend:

Nemesis (Think Batman, but as a villian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(Icon_Comics)

Last Blood (Online Web Comic, Interesting take on Zombies and Vampires)

http://lastblood.keenspot.com/


Y: The Last Man (It's like planet of the apes meets I am Legend, only the apes are women LOL)


Absolution (Green Lantern like hero goes vigilante)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolution_(comics)





I buy a lot of comics I like, like the ones I mentioned but I also keep digital copies for my iphone, so I can share any of them if anyone is interested.

Holy CRAP some of those sound very interesting, thanks!
Leucrota
Member
(03-24-2012, 12:59 AM)
Leucrota's Avatar
I can see the Governor story line taking up at least 4 episodes. Seriously, how do you make him as important to the series as he was in the comics, where he is so popular as to have his OWN book?

There is no amount of character development you can do in 1 or 2 episodes and have him coming out as such a despised character. If they could do that? Nobel Prize.
bill0527
um, I'll be right back
(03-24-2012, 01:13 AM)
bill0527's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raoh

Thank you.

Since you are a new reader to the series, I hope this helps to explain to people that its not that we older comic readers hate the show or actors etc, its that there is such a difference in the direction of the TWD universe as a whole.


As for the rest of the comic series, you are in for the ride of your life. Since comics as a whole are getting boring right now I am going to re-read TWD for a third or fourth time. On the xmen side team wolverine sucks, team cyclops rocks, only thing I'm looking forward to is Avengers vs X-Men.


For TWD fans I also recommend:

Nemesis (Think Batman, but as a villian)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(Icon_Comics)

Last Blood (Online Web Comic, Interesting take on Zombies and Vampires)

http://lastblood.keenspot.com/


Y: The Last Man (It's like planet of the apes meets I am Legend, only the apes are women LOL)


Absolution (Green Lantern like hero goes vigilante)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolution_(comics)





I buy a lot of comics I like, like the ones I mentioned but I also keep digital copies for my iphone, so I can share any of them if anyone is interested.

I can see how if you were a longtime reader of the comics that you would be somewhat disappointed in the TV show.

This isn't like Lord of the Rings where fans of the book were disappointed that some locations were omitted. In large part, the characters were kept the same between the book and movie.

Not so with this. I can't think of one single character that resembles their TV counterpart, at least from issues 1-12 that I've read so far. Maybe Dale a little bit and maybe Rick, but Rick so far has been mostly reactionary. Tyreese seems to be more of a leader at this point.
SamuraiX-
Member
(03-26-2012, 04:09 AM)
SamuraiX-'s Avatar
So I've been working my way through the comics. I'm about halfway through Volume 4 now. So far I have to say that I'm really glad the TV series has taken a different direction in some aspects when compared to the comics. It made some moments that transitioned from the graphic novel to the TV series that much better for me.

Regarding what happens at the end of Issue 15 when Herschel finds the decapitated bodies of Susie and Rachel... If they do indeed introduce Thomas as one the original four inmates the group finds when entering the prison, I have a feeling they'll be replacing Herschel's two daughters from the graphic novel with Beth in the TV Series. Because, I mean, what else are they gonna do with her? It would be a wasted opportunity if they actually have the balls to do it but then don't. I can imagine they'll make it look A LOT less graphic though.

I have a feeling the TV Series will take another big departure in terms of how the events play out in the prison, particularly because it feels like a lot of the most memorable stuff so far has revolved around guys like Tyreese, Dale, Allen, etc. I have a feeling Daryl's gonna be taking over in a lot of the scenes that involved Tyreese interacting with Rick.
Raoh
Member
(03-26-2012, 09:27 PM)
Raoh's Avatar
LMFAO



















bengraven
Member
(03-26-2012, 09:32 PM)
bengraven's Avatar

Originally Posted by SamuraiX-

So I've been working my way through the comics. I'm about halfway through Volume 4 now. So far I have to say that I'm really glad the TV series has taken a different direction in some aspects when compared to the comics. It made some moments that transitioned from the graphic novel to the TV series that much better for me.

Regarding what happens at the end of Issue 15 when Herschel finds the decapitated bodies of Susie and Rachel... If they do indeed introduce Thomas as one the original four inmates the group finds when entering the prison, I have a feeling they'll be replacing Herschel's two daughters from the graphic novel with Beth in the TV Series. Because, I mean, what else are they gonna do with her? It would be a wasted opportunity if they actually have the balls to do it but then don't. I can imagine they'll make it look A LOT less graphic though.

I have a feeling the TV Series will take another big departure in terms of how the events play out in the prison, particularly because it feels like a lot of the most memorable stuff so far has revolved around guys like Tyreese, Dale, Allen, etc. I have a feeling Daryl's gonna be taking over in a lot of the scenes that involved Tyreese interacting with Rick.

In regards to your spoiler, yes, that's what I was thinking when she survived the season ender.
Wray
Member
(03-26-2012, 10:00 PM)
Wray's Avatar

Originally Posted by bengraven

In regards to your spoiler, yes, that's what I was thinking when she survived the season ender.

Agreed. I think they're take it one step further too.

I think they're gonna substitute The Gov decapping Tyreese with him decapping Hershell instead.
ultron87
Member
(03-26-2012, 10:05 PM)
ultron87's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wray

Agreed. I think they're take it one step further too.

I think they're gonna substitute The Gov decapping Tyreese with him decapping Hershell instead.

I'd guess that'd be Daryl if it was anyone.
Phonomezer
Banned
(03-28-2012, 12:37 PM)
Phonomezer's Avatar
Up to Issue #53 of the comics, really enjoying them. Andrea is a badass confirmed. Why was the character Tyreese excluded from the tv show :/ Seems like a pretty important character.

Lori as useless as ever, and the less said about Carol the better.
Cornballer
Member
(03-28-2012, 06:17 PM)
Cornballer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phonomezer

Why was the character Tyreese excluded from the tv show :/ Seems like a pretty important character.

Originally Posted by Glen Mazzara

I think the Tyrese character is someone we are interested in introducing at some point.

Link.
Lonestar
I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
(03-28-2012, 06:23 PM)
Lonestar's Avatar
From the other topic

Lets see,

Tyreese, his Daughter, and his Daughter's "boyfriend" are introduced right before the prison
4 Prisoner's are introduced in the prison
Michonne is introduced (as 3 of the prisoner's "depart")
Lots of villain characters in the Governer's Camp
A Doctor/Nurse from that camp, crosses over to the Prison, just in time for Lori's pregnancy!
The Prison Saga should be called "One Gigantic Culling" as I can think of at least 18 characters biting the big one, by the end of the arc.
Phonomezer
Banned
(03-28-2012, 09:52 PM)
Phonomezer's Avatar

Originally Posted by Cornballer

Link.

Oh good. I hope they keep they key scene with his daughter intact!

Originally Posted by Lonestar

From the other topic

Lets see,

Tyreese, his Daughter, and his Daughter's "boyfriend" are introduced right before the prison
4 Prisoner's are introduced in the prison
Michonne is introduced (as 3 of the prisoner's "depart")
Lots of villain characters in the Governer's Camp
A Doctor/Nurse from that camp, crosses over to the Prison, just in time for Lori's pregnancy!
The Prison Saga should be called "One Gigantic Culling" as I can think of at least 18 characters biting the big one, by the end of the arc.

Yeah, people die fairly rapidly, especially near/at the end of the prison story arc. They have a lot to cover on the show next season, I just hope it isn't padded full of Lori's emotional bullshit.
SamuraiX-
Member
(04-02-2012, 05:25 AM)
SamuraiX-'s Avatar
Wanted to finally continue this... I've been meaning to get back to it, but I got lost in other stuff. I'm currently on Issue 69 of the comics and I'm surprisingly still just as hooked as ever despite the ending of the prison arc. I've never been into comic books in general until I started reading TWD. :)

Originally Posted by Raoh

I love both too but the changes are dramatic.

I wont get too much into it as that is what the spoiler thread is for but for the sake of argument so far

(comic to tv show differences *******************)



Shane still living and not being killed by carl early on.

This is my favorite of the changes they decided to make to the TV series. In the comics, Rick and Shane's relationship felt like such a forethought. I love that they really drove it home and developed the two characters in tandem while their relationship was a main plot device of the first two seasons. I felt like it made Shane's death much more impactful because by the end of the Season 2, fans were able to identify very strongly with Shane, Rick, or both. I thought Rick killing Shane and then Carl taking out Walker Shane was a nice touch, even though it slows down Carl's development because he hasn't yet killed another human being.

Originally Posted by Raoh

Dale and Andrea Romance.

I feel like this couldn't have worked in the TV series, just because Dale's character felt way more father figure-like. That and it gave Shane and Andrea their only little story that may play into the third season when she finds out that Rick offed him. Also, was I the only one rolling my eyes a little bit when it felt like everyone and their dog was hooking up with a member of the opposite sex in the graphic novel? It seemed out of control, despite a scenario like that being very possible in a group of survivors during post-apocalyptic adventure. All the sex scenes would've been too awkward for cable television. lol

Originally Posted by Raoh

Not introducing Tyreese and his daughter and her boyfriend. (I guess this is Daryl's role now since they seem to be pushing for a carol and daryl romance which was supposed to be Tyreese and Carol romance), I guess tyreese will just go straight to the michonne romance, I don't think there has been mention of his daughter for the show)

I think Cornballer posted a link saying that Mazzara is interested in introducing Tyreese sometime in S3 or S4. It'll be interesting to see how close he'll be to Rick because, like you said, it seems like Daryl will be taking part of Tyreese's role in the prison arc. I probably don't see his daughter and her boyfriend being introduced, partly because their fates in the comic might be to dark for the TV series.

Originally Posted by Raoh

Otis and Patricia make it to the prison.

Otis's death was used to serve Shane's character development and Patricia didn't contribute much of anything in the prison arc so it's not a big loss.

Originally Posted by Raoh

Numerous characters missing, a few kids that bite the bullet later on.

It looks like: Herschel's two daughters (maybe to be replaced by Beth? Although I think it'll probably be too graphic and left out) and his son, Allen and Donna and their two sons, and... that's about it for now? All throw away, replaceable characters if you ask me. Allen and Billy (Herschel's son) added a little bit to the story, but nothing really integral.

Originally Posted by Raoh

Sophia dying and eliminating the young romance between her and carl.

I have to admit this was pretty cute in the comic and I would've enjoyed them using it as distraction from the bleak and depressing atmosphere, but maybe the producers wanted Carol to have a better reason for offing herself in the prison arc.

Originally Posted by Raoh

Trying to make a home at the Wiltshire Estates during the winter.

Nothing much of relevancy happened here, besides Donna's death, and since she wasn't introduced in the TV series, I don't mind it much that they just stayed on the farm longer instead.

Originally Posted by Raoh

That is a lot of changes

It's not just a don't match up scenario, it is a rewrite

I agree that some of the changes are pretty radical, but a lot of them I think make the story work better on TV and I still believe they're following Kirkman's desired message with the comics to a respectful degree.

I watched a video interview with Kirkman discussing the contrasting elements present between the graphic novel and the TV series and I have to say I agree with everything he's saying. I would recommend checking it out if you haven't already: http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/23...on-2-interview

He starts talking about the divergences around the 2:17 mark.
Flash
Member
(04-03-2012, 12:27 AM)
Flash's Avatar
I just read all the issues in less than a week...god damn. so good.

I don't see how the tv show can do it any justice, its just way too damn grim. the decapitations, amputees, torture scenes... I actually said WOW when they killed the infant, couldn't believe it.

The Carl and Rick dynamic is SO freakin good, its a shame the show hasn't done a good job on that front. I mean if they were to kill Carl during the season 2 finale myself and anyone who hasn't read the comics would be jumping for joy. Which is a real shame knowing the potential there. Luckily they have a lot of time on that front so hopefully they fix it.

Despite all the fucked up things they did in the comics, the outrage over the possibility that Carl died (eye incident) in the fan mail of issue 85 (or somewhere around there) is crazy! people seemed genuinely upset, "quitting the comics!' etc., lol. Quite the contrast compared to what the show has done with his character.

Some of my other feelings after reading the comics:
- The show did a better job with Shane for sure. The tension between him and Rick was well done.
- Lori is equally annoying in the comics.
- Very odd casting decision on Carol... lol. the whole lesbian thing... can't imagine the current actor doing that.
- Sophia should not have died. I enjoyed the young romance between her and Carl, the fake mommy and daddy stuff, and just the general innocence she brought to the show. Was a nice contrast to Carl who is also fucked up but in different ways.
- Dale and Andrea was not as bad or ridiculous as I thought it would be... and Andrea is freakin awesome.
- Tyrese is awesome and I hope we see him. The gym seen was so awesome lol. And other then being Rick's right hand man and the love interest with Darryl, I think he'd bring some different qualities to the table. Darryl is way more lone-wolf whereas Tyrese seemed more level headed.
Sadist
Member
(04-03-2012, 12:45 AM)
Sadist's Avatar
Here's hoping Andrea will be a badass like in the comics. I mean seriously. Especially during the "Fear the Hunters" arc. Which is imo the last good arc in the Walking Dead comics. Everything else varied from cool to stale. Especially No Way Out. I do like what they're doing now. Last issue was pretty nice.
gdt
blow in her face and
she'll follow you anywhere
(04-03-2012, 01:12 AM)
gdt's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sadist

Here's hoping Andrea will be a badass like in the comics. I mean seriously. Especially during the "Fear the Hunters" arc. Which is imo the last good arc in the Walking Dead comics. Everything else varied from cool to stale. Especially No Way Out. I do like what they're doing now. Last issue was pretty nice.

Dammmmmn. FTH to me is easily the second weakest arc aside from the opening one. I'm in love with whats been going on in the last year. NWO was tops, for me.
Flash
Member
(04-03-2012, 03:16 AM)
Flash's Avatar

Originally Posted by gdt

Dammmmmn. FTH to me is easily the second weakest arc aside from the opening one. I'm in love with whats been going on in the last year. NWO was tops, for me.

they all served their purpose in developing rick and carl, in my opinion. I probably found to be whatever just cause the hunters really weren't a threat at all... All they really accomplished was severing a disabled old man. Only reason for that arc is that people are fucked up (cannibalism) and show what rick and co. are capable of
Raoh
Member
(04-03-2012, 10:02 PM)
Raoh's Avatar
Thought this would be appropriate for this thread


Zombie Head Stab Test!
http://youtu.be/fGWtcFAHFII

WARNING: GRAPHIC FOOTAGE
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(04-03-2012, 10:16 PM)
Funky Papa's Avatar
Oh man, that stab to the eye.

Oh man.
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
(04-03-2012, 10:21 PM)
ezekial45's Avatar

Originally Posted by Raoh

Thought this would be appropriate for this thread


Zombie Head Stab Test!
http://youtu.be/fGWtcFAHFII

I often get disturbed by how much people tend to get into the fantasy of the zombie uprising. This is really fucking creepy.
Funky Papa
FUNK-Y-PPA-4
(04-03-2012, 10:22 PM)
Funky Papa's Avatar

Originally Posted by ezekial45

I often get disturbed by how much people tend to get into the fantasy of the zombie uprising. This is really fucking creepy.

That fat dude was totally nerding the fuck out at the end of the clip.

Edit: But some gun-nuts are much, much worse.






The fact that gun companies actually cater this particular demographic makes me shudder. And I like my guns.

I secretly love those bleeding zombie targets, but don't tell anyone
BLACKLAC
Member
(04-18-2012, 07:02 PM)
BLACKLAC's Avatar
"I don't want to scare the boy."

"You wont."

YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Rick is talking some WWZ shit in #96.

I'm scared......
Raoh
Member
(04-18-2012, 11:39 PM)
Raoh's Avatar

Originally Posted by BLACKLAC

"I don't want to scare the boy."

"You wont."

YEEEAAAHHHHHHHHHH.

Rick is talking some WWZ shit in #96.

I'm scared......

Going to read it on my train ride tomorrow, can't wait.

Looking forward to Avengers vs X-Men 2 as well.
mysocksarepink
Banned
(04-18-2012, 11:41 PM)
man.. is anyone okay with me creating a TWD comic OT?


I actually have the entire thing created in a notepad file..

Cornballer
Member
(04-18-2012, 11:43 PM)
Cornballer's Avatar

Originally Posted by mysocksarepink

man.. is anyone okay with me creating a TWD comic OT?

There's one that gets used occasionally.
mysocksarepink
Banned
(04-18-2012, 11:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Cornballer

There's one that gets used occasionally.

bah... alright, I'll walk away with my tail between my legs now :(
Cornballer
Member
(04-18-2012, 11:56 PM)
Cornballer's Avatar

Originally Posted by mysocksarepink

bah... alright, I'll walk away with my tail between my legs now :(

I didn't mean to deter you from creating a new thread. I don't post over there since I'm not caught up on the comics. I'm just suggesting that those are the people to ask if you should put up a new thread since they're your primary audience.
Cornballer
Member
(05-23-2012, 06:41 PM)
Cornballer's Avatar
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive first look at Danai Gurira as Michonne



How's this working for everyone?

There's a bit more discussion about her character and the prison set via the link.
BLACKLAC
Member
(05-23-2012, 10:20 PM)
BLACKLAC's Avatar
Looks perfect.
vitaminwateryum
corporate swill
(05-23-2012, 10:50 PM)
vitaminwateryum's Avatar
Spot on.
MisterHero
Super Member
(03-16-2013, 05:59 AM)
MisterHero's Avatar
redirected from Season 3 thread. Even if you like spoilers, DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED

so there was a massive leak about the next 2 episodes (14 & 15?). Now that I've read/seen them, I can't help but talk a tiny bit about them. Here they are for people who don't want to search the internetz.

the below is somewhat speculation but they've been confirmed by screencaps
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
LAST WARNING
Outdoors scene
Merle takes Michonne to the prison. He (deceptively) tries to make peace with Govenor, but Gov's not hearing any of it.

Indoors scene(s)
Andrea, possibly being tortured
Merle confronting Governor
GOVERNOR BITES MERLE'S FINGERS OFF, THEN IT LOOKS LIKE HE SHOOTS HIM

Outdoors scene
MERLE IS A WALKER AND HE'S EATEN BEN
Buddha Beam
Banned
(03-16-2013, 06:23 AM)
Buddha Beam's Avatar
Eh, I read it. I wonder if that has something to do with the supposed reshoots?
a secret-boss
Banned
(03-16-2013, 06:45 AM)
glad this was bump

and saw my Lori and Carl post... Happy the writer didn't kill her that way, but still sad she dead
ArkkAngel007
Member
(03-17-2013, 08:44 AM)
ArkkAngel007's Avatar

Originally Posted by Buddha Beam

Eh, I read it. I wonder if that has something to do with the supposed reshoots?

Reshoots were mainly for the finale, if not solely.

Also, the summary for 15 was never given, so whatever is floating around out there is just based on the screencaps thus far. Summary for 14 looks to be the real-deal if you can find it (not the Spanish Wiki translation--that one is false).

Why are we using spoiler tags in a spoiler discussion? If it includes everything in the title, than everything should be up for grabs.
WrenchNinja
Member
(03-17-2013, 08:47 AM)
Uh, who's Ben?

Thread Tools