• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[SDCC 2014] Xbox One Collectible Consoles"

Shit I was hoping the yellow Forza one was Crazy taxi at a distance.
Crazy-Taxi-Logo.jpg

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I don't think a single one of them looks appealing. I'm especially disappointed in the Sunset Overdrive one as I feel like the punk/graffiti aspect would make for an awesome paint job without the use of poster art.

Then again, I hate it whenever a game's name shows up on wallpapers or artwork, I know what game i'm looking at so if I'm using it for a display piece I don't really want it to scream THIS IS (game x). I want it to stand on its own merits. To each their own, I suppose.

Storm360

All look really ugly to me...

I don't want a console to be anything but black, if it doesn't match with my entertainment set up, it's not going in there.

Raide

The Fantasia one without Fantasia on it looks great.

Twitch looks amazing too.

Some of them are just boring old PR shots.

IN&OUT

Banned
They are stacking on shelves so MS decided to paint some of them :)

Also, Xbone got to be the ugliest console of all time.

Zero315

Banned
And this, mr Sony, is how you make a personalized console for your special bundles.

Ehhh, that Frozen PS4 looks better than any of the abominations in the OP. I thought the Fantasia one looked nice until you realize it's the exact same artwork on the front and top. Kinda funny how the wesite ones look better than the game related ones.

Mr. X

These are just concepts not actual consoles right? Curious how a real one would look because I don't know how much space and freedom they have on an XBone.

Wouldn't be hard to top the way PS4 does their custom art thing.

Varth

Ehhh, that Frozen PS4 looks better than any of the abominations in the OP. I thought the Fantasia one looked nice until you realize it's the exact same artwork on the front and top. Kinda funny how the wesite ones look better than the game related ones.

Not for me. The obsession for black+gold and the limit to the small panel only for the personalization kills any purpouse in having special versions. If it has to look exactly like the normal console, why bother.
That's not to say I like all of the ones in OP, mind you. I'd Just have special editions looking actually special, not "I'm afraid to let people know I'm an enthusiast gamer edition". That's not the public they're supposed to sell.

bjork

Forza is the only one that doesn't look like some vinyl set I could buy in a clearance rack. No Xbox LE ever is going to top that Panzer Orta one for me, though.

Swass

I've not been a fan of the look of the Xbox One, and these are just proving to me you can't polish a turd, even though mythbusters proved you could. Anyway really hope the redesign/slim model gets a major makeover.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I couldn't imagine getting any of these. If they had a plain white one, then yeah.

Also, I love the way my Xbox One looks. I actually can't understand why people think it's ugly. I think it's a slick design.

daveo42

Banned
They all look way too busy in their designs. Can't these things be elegant in their simplicity? The best of the bunch is probably Forza because the of the simplicity of its design.

Alx

Maybe the Forza one if there wasn't anything written on it. I could pretend it's a Bruce Lee themed console. :p
But the only kind of hardware I would tolerate would be one solid color, and without excessive text or images. So that would rule out all of those.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think a lot of the more intricate ones don't look great with half the console being vented, but some look okay. Logos ruin everything though.

Top Bottom