• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gorillaz Album titled "Humanz" releases April 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me know if you find any of the floor seats for only $50-$60 more...the few people on Kijiji who have them for sale are trying to get $200+ per ticket.

I've always done Floor seats for their shows...not going to settle for anything less. It's unfortunate that the first presale was for Amex and not for fans like in the past. It kinda lets me down as a fan.

I meant 40-50 over base price lol, 40-50 flat rate would be a dream. I don't mind paying $150 for a floor ticket. But I do agree on the amex thing, that's some bullshit.

second hand floor tickets are going for about that much right now on a ticket selling site, but I'll check elsewhere.

Blader

What the hell, did the tickets already go up for Boston and are gone!? All I'm seeing now are Verified Second Hand Tickets for like $60 higher.

Yep, they were gone the second the sale opened. I've been able to get (though haven't kept) a few single-ticket orders though, so if you're going solo, keep trying.

Looks like some places haven't actually gone up yet for general admission. The show in Kansas City says sales haven't opened yet on Ticketmaster. But my closest options are dead, though.

Apath

Bought 4 tickets for the Chicago show. Supposedly we're getting a free album if we buy tickets? Haven't received an email for that, at least not yet.

Bought 4 tickets for the Chicago show. Supposedly we're getting a free album if we buy tickets? Haven't received an email for that, at least not yet.

Redemption emails will go out in about 7-10 business days after purchase of tickets.
Should be getting one around the time the new album drops.

Slacker

The app is showing me where to go for the listening party. "Lakeside Park, Dallas," which is a ways away. Interesting concept though.

I decided to refresh the Boston show one more time, and got a first hand ticket! It was a little pricer than I hoped, but I'm already dropping a decent chunk of airfare anyway, so whatever, fuck it I guess.

Dope, the nearest party to me in Cincinnati, which is...not that close.

Edit: If you have the app, look for the stained glass window and it'll point you to the nearest location.

I went ahead and bought a VIP ticket to the Atlanta show. Includes early entry into the venue, exclusive merch, a private concession stand and access to soundcheck.

Is this usual for Gorillaz concerts? I know it's been awhile, but these tickets went so fucking quick. Has it always been that way or is it inflated due to their unexpected return?

Blader

I decided to refresh the Boston show one more time, and got a first hand ticket! It was a little pricer than I hoped, but I'm already dropping a decent chunk of airfare anyway, so whatever, fuck it I guess.

Nice! I'll probably be staking out Stubhub the day of, for a hopefully cheap-ish pair.

A-V-B

Oh, man. Don't think I'm gonna make it. All the way back of a HUGE line. Really pulled the crap lottery ticket compared to yesterday.

I wonder how much scalpers are going to ask for a ticket? Like, hundreds of dollars?

At that point, you might as well just buy one of the VIP tickets that are going most places for $200. Unless those sell out, too. Looks like most places that offer them still have plenty, though.

Blader

I wouldn't have thought of Gorillaz as a band that instantly sells out tickets like this, but I guess it makes sense given they haven't toured in 7 years. I was able to get Kanye tickets far easier last year! (and then he cancelled the show -_-)

If you guys live near the venue, wait closer to the day of the show -- or even the day of -- for second-hand ticket prices to drop.

DarkKyo

I wouldn't have thought of Gorillaz as a band that instantly sells out tickets like this, but I guess it makes sense given they haven't toured in 7 years. I was able to get Kanye tickets far easier last year! (and then he cancelled the show -_-)

I think also that Gorillaz appeals to a larger swath of musical tastes, so some who normally don't see many concerts will rush out in droves to see them.

Tankman

Had 30 sessions open and managed to grab two GA tickets for Red Rocks. So happy to see them live after missing the last tour.

A-V-B

Scalpers are assholes

Yeah, a metric fuckton of scalpers' tickets available too, many in groups of 8.

I'm kind of a newbie to getting live tickets, but it's pretty obvious how sweet a deal this is for both the venue AND scalpers. Seems like a starkly defined ecosystem and I'm not sure why it would ever change at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom