• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danger Zone |OT| You can be my wingman any time

It's very fairly priced at $12.99 USD. I played a few of the junctions last night and this morning and had a lot of fun. I'll be going back to it tonight after work.

Bebpo

Banned
I miss being able to keep moving the car after the initial explosion like in Paradise. Been a while since I played the old style crash mode and I'm definitely rough at it.

Danger Zone |OT| Take me down from Paradise City because this is Takedown's sequel after Paradise City

It's probably too long though

Billfisto

I'll keep giving them money retroactively for what they gave me with Burnout.

I have more than enough to play right now, but added it to the pile.

Petrae

I impulsively spent $13 on this, and I'm regretting that impulse.

This looks and feels like an X360/PS3 game from 10 years ago that someone's been sitting on. Big physics issues-- why does my car just stop dead after exploding? 30 frames per second is a big letdown, too.

Granted, it's as close to a new Burnout game as we will ever get again. More crash junctions are good. But this is a classic 5-out-of-10 average game that I can't recommend to anyone but hardcore Burnout fans looking for a new fix.

What about:

Danger Zone [OT], Highway to the.

I've emailed a mod to change the topic title to make this the OT, and I suggested these two:

Highway to the |OT| Danger Zone

Danger Zone |OT| You can be my wingman any time

I was almost going to suggest this, but I'm not sure if we're supposed to have swearing in topic titles:

Danger Zone |OT| Bullshit; you can be mine!

Yes, they're all Top Gun references. I couldn't think of anything snappier relating to cars or Burnout.

Psykoboy2

I like it. But I also like to chase high scores.

The best thing I like about it is the quickness (on PC with an SSD). There's absolutely no time commitment needed for me to play. I can jump in and do a track or two and I'm out in 10 minutes or less if I need to be.

I spent just over 90 minutes last night playing the first phase - that's 6 or 8 tracks, I think. And I need to go back to them to max out my score since some I didn't get a platinum on.

For $13, I'm satisfied.

this seems good it's from ex burnout people?

But this is not the best part of burnout at all, the racing/tracks are

this is why I hate all the trash that comes out on ps4 these days, this easily could have been lost in thinking oh another shoe in cheap indie game that plays like crap but luckily this seems decent and worth a purchase. Better than some of those 20 and 15 dollar games and this seems like a decent buy at 12.99 (for today's model)

Still feel if it's just a crash mode and short that it should be a bit cheaper but hey at least its good

xrnzaaas

I was excited when I heard about the game, but then I watched some gameplay. Gonna buy this when it's less than 5 bucks.

I think I'm done with this game. It's just so goddamn threadbare. I like the basic gameplay, visuals are decent, crashes feel good, Crashbreaker + aftertouch is fun, but it's just brought crashing down by a lack of content and an obvious low budget. If they were to add content to it for months then I wouldn't mind, but apparently their support of Dangerous Golf was very poor so I don't have much faith with this one either. Heck, even just two other locations where the courses take place and a choice of a few different cars to drive would be better. I like the game and I think the foundations are here for a neat game, but it feels like something in Early Access they've pushed out too soon as a final release.

Gunship

Have to say I sadly regret buying this, it's just too empty and lacking in any meaningful or interesting gameplay. Lots of achingly dull waiting around both in-game and between rounds, a strangely empty atmosphere and extremely basic visuals make the experience feel really sterile and unfinished, with dated and basic presentation.

Overall this and Dangerous Golf are easily my two worst PSN purchases. I'd struggle to give Danger Zone anything above 2/10.

Have to say I sadly regret buying this, it's just too empty and lacking in any meaningful or interesting gameplay. Lots of achingly dull waiting around both in-game and between rounds, a strangely empty atmosphere and extremely basic visuals make the experience feel really sterile and unfinished, with dated and basic presentation.

Overall this and Dangerous Golf are easily my two worst PSN purchases. I'd struggle to give Danger Zone anything above 2/10.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, but the complete lack of music is totally weird. It makes the game lack any kind of atmosphere - I mean, there's not even music on the menus!

deejay

I thought it was pretty good right from the start, but after 6-7 levels or so the game feels very repetitive and empty. I've requested a refund. I hope they can add more depth and variety in the future.

I thought it was pretty good right from the start, but after 6-7 levels or so the game feels very repetitive and empty. I've requested a refund. I hope they can add more depth and variety in the future.

Let me know how you get on, and I might try the same. I was pretty excited for this, and ended up being quite disappointed. When I realised how goddamn empty it was it made me pissed off.

Patch should be launching today on PC/PS4/Pro. Lots of in game improvements, new content coming.

Xbox One launch is set for October 1st, with X patch November 7th.

Entire roadmap for patches and free content.

http://www.threefieldsentertainment.com/danger-zone-roadmap/

Highlights.

4k on PS Pro
(* Added PS4 Pro 4K Temporal Checkerboard rendering
* Added PS4 Pro 1080p 150% super sampling)
More explosive – bigger and more frequent explosions throughout!
5 new cars to drive
New graphical look

Xbox One X
Native 4K @ 30hz
1080p @ 60hz

HDR support will be added when Unreal Engine supports it (currently scheduled for version 4.18 which is expected this year)

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I only hope this gives 3fields enough momentum to keep adding to this game until it's basically a new burnout :)

Just read the patch notes Looks like they really went to town with this update! Finally doors and bonnets become detached. Maybe one day we'll see soft body physics implemented ala beamNG. One can dream!!! :)

Thankfully they're adding stuff. Hope this isn't the only update. I may give it another try, but those things outlined in the patch notes won't quite address my issues with the game.

Top Bottom