• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

.hack//G.U. Last Recode Logs Back into The World November 3

Ravelle

I was wondering if the game had dual audio and

Dual Audio option with English and Japanese voice-overs along with English, French, and German subtitles.

YES.

I hope it sells well for them, maybe we'll get the original games as well. Anything past the first one was impossible to find in Europe.

so true. I mean just look at this:

maxresdefault.jpg
I don't care just give me the quad, bamco can have my damn money.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
from what i saw of the volume 4 video, my guess is its just an end-game grind and you go back at certain points in that grind to try and break him out.

which is fine because there's no real end-game in volume 3 other than that
100 floor dungeon grind. there's not much reason to keep playing after the story is done.

Loudninja

We made improvements to help with the pacing of the gameplay, but the challenges will still be there. You’ll have the option to start each game in Cheat Mode to help really speed things up, but that’ll ultimately be up to you ;)
Believe it! A big thank you to you, my friend. We really appreciate the .hack love and we’re super excited for fans to re-experience Haseo’s epic journey.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ck-into-the-world-november-3/#comment-1217991

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I really hope the sped up movement / damage up / etc. aren't considered part of Cheat Mode. Cause those aren't cheats, those are things which could potentially make these games fun to play. Cheat Mode should just instantly refill your HP/SP and Awakening guage and stuff like that.

And ;_; at all the people condemning IMOQ. Somewhere out there is someone besides me who finds them waaay more fun to play than vanilla G.U.

Kevtones

I really enjoyed the first .hack series and never played this. Incredibly stoked to try it out.

Any word on an OG 1-4 remaster?

I hope more PS2 era JRPGs follow suit. Xenosaga, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, SMT.

Day 1 for this.

Not sure about SMT, Atlus seems to just rerelase the ps2 games. I think the only ones that got different versions were the Persona games, and I guess you can technically count nocturne as it is already an expansion.

RPGCrazied

I hope more PS2 era JRPGs follow suit. Xenosaga, Shadow Hearts, Suikoden, SMT.

Day 1 for this.

Shadow Hearts is owned by a company that doesn't do video games anymore. That is probably never going to happen sadly. Xenosaga could have a chance if this does well!

And Suikoden is Konami, and lately they have been shit, no hope for that either.

Shikoba

Super excited for this. Not that crazy about the SAO/Kirito jacket they stuck his final form in, but oh well. Games going to be great.

killatopak

When that desktop ost kicked in...

Nostalgia overload. That's when I knew I'd buy 10 copies.

Is there a CE planned for this game?

BaconHat

When that desktop ost kicked in...

Nostalgia overload. That's when I knew I'd buy 10 copies.

Is there a CE planned for this game?

Only for the Japanese version, unfortunately.

If this does not deter you, you can find it on the usual Japanese games import sites.

BaconHat

hmmm. I might get it for the ost alone.

--

Didn't know Haseo was sporting a Gladiolus.

Sword is a whip. Based on the trailer I thought Haseo could finally use all weapons.

Based on RPGsite news, it seems the sword arts are kinda doing that for their special attacks.

Edit : The CE should also come with a ps4 .hack theme with Gentle Hands as background music.

Yu Narukami

Sorry for bumping this thread. I want to watch the animes before the game releases as I never watched them. Which ones are worth watching without spoiling the upcoming game?

Sorry for bumping this thread. I want to watch the animes before the game releases as I never watched them. Which ones are worth watching without spoiling the upcoming game?

Roots is the prequel to G.U.

The G.U. movie is a retelling of the events of the three games.

.hack//Sign is based on TheWorld 1.0 and isnt really necessary.

Is .hack//Sign worth watching? I know nothing about the .hack universe.
It depends on:
A. How deep into the lore you want to get
B. Whether your want something more action packed or are ok with something more atmospheric and talky. There's lots of slow panning shots while music plays or characters talk, but (IMO) the plot is interesting and the music is excellent.

There is almost nothing to do with GU though, aside from a central character to the whole mythos appearing and some links that aren't explicitly said in the games themselves.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Roots is the prequel to G.U.

The G.U. movie is a retelling of the events of the three games.

.hack//Sign is based on TheWorld 1.0 and isnt really necessary.
.hack//G.U. trilogy is not exact retelling. They did change some things, I mean you have Heaso's berserk mode which is not in the game.

But man
the fight between Ovan and Haseo' berserk mode was epic in that movie.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really hope the sped up movement / damage up / etc. aren't considered part of Cheat Mode. Cause those aren't cheats, those are things which could potentially make these games fun to play. Cheat Mode should just instantly refill your HP/SP and Awakening guage and stuff like that.

And ;_; at all the people condemning IMOQ. Somewhere out there is someone besides me who finds them waaay more fun to play than vanilla G.U.

They look like ass and none of the mechanics are as fun as Rengeki but I prefer playing the original four games.

Danjin44

They look like ass and none of the mechanics are as fun as Rengeki but I prefer playing the original four games.
I also enjoyed my time with IMQO but personally I enjoyed G.U's artstyle, gameplay and story much more. I think in order to bring IMQO to PS4 they need to straight up remake the games.

When they do I hope they go with this graphic style
tumblr_m87licpn4Z1qkpz7co1_r1_500.gif

Instead of this
tumblr_n8bcyp13xp1r6mrcio1_500.gif

This looks really ugly to me

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also enjoyed my time with IMQO but personally I enjoyed G.U's artstyle, gameplay and story much more. I think in order to bring IMQO to PS4 they need to straight up remake the games.

The story in GU is garbage. They also messed with wavemaster too much and divided it into a bunch of bad casters and one good healer.

The art is good and most of the combat is fun. It also has much better sidequests.

The original .hack games would need a remaster just because of how ugly they are. I replayed them only a few years ago, going as far as finishing the item completion quest and it was a jarring reminder of something I knew back then, .hack games look worse than most DC B tier RPGs and that it came out after FF X.

Danjin44

The story in GU is garbage. They also messed with wavemaster too much and divided it into a bunch of bad casters and one good healer.

The art is good and most of the combat is fun. It also has much better sidequests.

The original .hack games would need a remaster just because of how ugly they are. I replayed them only a few years ago, going as far as finishing the item completion quest and it was a jarring reminder of something I knew back then, .hack games look worse than most DC B tier RPGs and that it came out after FF X.
Let's agree to disagree for story part. I think they need to remake the IMQO rather than remaster. Even back then when it first came out on PS2 the graphics was already dated. GU aged much better on visual side.

i-Jest

When they do I hope they go with this graphic style
tumblr_m87licpn4Z1qkpz7co1_r1_500.gif

Instead of this
tumblr_n8bcyp13xp1r6mrcio1_500.gif

This looks really ugly to me

The first gif feels more like a hero with a purpose as opposed to the second gif, where he kinda string out but ready to kill. That's our terror of death for you.

Danjin44

The first gif feels more like a hero with a purpose as opposed to the second gif, where he kinda string out but ready to kill. That's our terror of death for you.
Well of course.
The first gif his in 4th form at that point of the story he is no longer terror of death

I just don't like the second gif artstyle at all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Roots is a very boring show and is mostly an unnecessary prequel that covers stuff that will largely be relayed by the game or ignored by the game.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
IMOQ = speed
G.U. = button mashing

I just started Outbreak an hour or so ago an the first chance I got ta form a full party I headed straight for a Level 70 dungeon at Level 53. Cleared the whole place out in abour a half hour. Walked away at Level 66 with the always broken Sora's Blades in hand. Despite being vastly underleveled, enemies there went down in 1 - 3 hits (especially if elemental crits were landed). They could kill us just as fast but we still won out in the end.

Show me any monster you can kill that fast in all of G.U. that ya don't massively, massively outlevel.

How's Rengeki fun? To me its basically Data Drain but crappier cause ya don't get an item from using it an the enemies more often than not still kickin' after using it. Plus Rengeki renders your skills invalid. Don't wanna randomly use a Gale Blade or Shell Breaker else ya risk the skill cooldown meter not being at full when a Rengeki opportunity arises causing ya to miss out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IMOQ = speed
G.U. = button mashing

I just started Outbreak an hour or so ago an the first chance I got ta form a full party I headed straight for a Level 70 dungeon at Level 53. Cleared the whole place out in abour a half hour. Walked away at Level 66 with the always broken Sora's Blades in hand. Despite being vastly underleveled, enemies there went down in 1 - 3 hits (especially if elemental crits were landed). They could kill us just as fast but we still won out in the end.

Show me any monster you can kill that fast in all of G.U. that ya don't massively, massively outlevel.

How's Rengeki fun? To me its basically Data Drain but crappier cause ya don't get an item from using it an the enemies more often than not still kickin' after using it. Plus Rengeki renders your skills invalid. Don't wanna randomly use a Gale Blade or Shell Breaker else ya risk the skill cooldown meter not being at full when a Rengeki opportunity arises causing ya to miss out.

Rengeki is fun because Rengeki is a fun word to say. You're right about enemies being too spongy in GU, I forgot about that.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Really hope they don't "fix" the bike course glitch or Vol.1's skill point book scamming >.>

Rengeki is fun because Rengeki is a fun word to say. You're right about enemies being too spongy in GU, I forgot about that.
Welllllll thats not wrong!

Rengeki!
Hangeki!

I think it works great as an arena mechanic. Don't mind it against bosses all that much either. Against run of the mill monsters however it really does add to that spongy feel.

aitakute

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/hackg-u-last-recode-japanese-premium-edition-drama-cd-sample-video
Drama CD preview.
And here is my English translation. Rough English, I know

Keyaki: Haseo-san, I’ll seal your Skeith. Your avatar is something that shouldn’t exist in this world. Since it has absorbed all the other 8 epitaphs, it’s too powerful for this world. It can bring the anti-existence on its own.
Keyaki: I’ve been waiting for you, Haseo-san. Have you decided yet?
Haseo: Yeah, I was so surprise about what you told me yesterday. I can feel it, I have the power to bring distortion to The World inside me. But still… tsk.
Keyaki: It’s okay, Haseo-san.
Haseo: Eh?
Keyaki: The power you got from this world isn’t just that, it’s also the key to reach your last objective. At least, I think so.
Haseo: My last objective…
Keyaki: Well then, Haseo-san, please lie on that table. Just relax like when you got your Xth form.
Haseo: My last objective… That’s right. There’s still one thing I must do. My objective… that hasn’t changed since the beginning. I’ve been gaining power just to reach it. To become stronger than anyone, not losing to anyone. But still, I haven’t really thought about it. To think that I would have to let go of that power just because I finally had it.
Keyaki: Haseo-san, the operation is finished. You’re no longer a epitaph user, you’re back being a normal player character.
Waitress: Sorry for keeping you waiting, here’re the coffee for two.
Pi: It’s rare to see you contacted me outside of the game like this.
Haseo: I’m sorry.
Well then, what do you want to talk about?
Haseo: Well, that’s…
So you lost your ability to use epitaph, right?
Haseo: H-How did you know?
Pi: Yata contacted me before. He told me about the necessary of sealing your power to use epitaph. It was before I left C.C corp but, there was a large amount of data inside Ovan’s left arm. With just his player data, a whole area was erased. But Haseo’s Xth form had even more data than that. An enourmous amount of data for a player character. I think Keyaki made a right decision. There’s a high chance that something bad would happen if you keep using Haseo like that. To the world, or even to yourself.
Haseo: Saeki-san, I’ve heard from Kuhn… From Kasumi-san that you have transferred to NAB, the network research agency. NAB is the association that have been monitoring large network such as The World, right?
Pi: Hm?
Haseo: I want NAB to hire me
Pi: What did you say?
Haseo: No, please let me work for them! Please!
Pi: Misaki-kun…

Really hope they don't "fix" the bike course glitch or Vol.1's skill point book scamming >.>

Welllllll thats not wrong!

Rengeki!
Hangeki!

I think it works great as an arena mechanic. Don't mind it against bosses all that much either. Against run of the mill monsters however it really does add to that spongy feel.

It starts feeling really weird when you use long animation attacks with it. Ghost Falcon feels awesome with rengeki the first few times but man, after doing like 10 in a battle I just wanna use something like Gale Blade that's fast to finish.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Thought: New Volume = New Online Jack?

Please?

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/hackg-u-last-recode-japanese-premium-edition-drama-cd-sample-video
Drama CD preview.
And here is my English translation. Rough English, I know
Thanks for this! Drama cds are some of the least likely things to get translated, even by the fans so even just having this preview is rad!

Haseo meeting IRL Alkaid when?
Atoli will show up and they'll end up re-enacting this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMIKmzL-kk

daily reminder: g.u. brought "waifu" & "fanservice" to the series while what came before and after noped outta doing that

aitakute

Please?

Thanks for this! Drama cds are some of the least likely things to get translated, even by the fans so even just having this preview is rad!

I might translate the whole thing when I get the premium edition

BaconHat

Please?

Since we are getting new content for so many characters, Online jack is probably gonna get an epilogue.
Personally, i think we're only gonna get a news article about Jack, but since they must have contacted the animation company that did the episodes to get the originals for HD transitions, anything could be possible.

daily reminder: g.u. brought "waifu" & "fanservice" to the series while what came before and after noped outta doing that

Are you sure it was not the fault of Piros in the original and G.U? If he's not fanservice, i don't know what is.
In all seriousness, i think the first fanservice character in the series was Ouka in legend of the twilight bracelet manga.

That would be amazing.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
http://www.cc2.co.jp/15th_hack_vote/

Its happening again...

Gonna put in my vote for Terajima Ryoko just as I did last time around!

Oh an holy crap at all of those character images. Those are avatar/OT material right there!

edit: just noticed Tsukasa and Sora are listed under the male catergory since their PCs are male x.x;

the beast section is so woefully small. The devs should look at this and ask themselves "why even did we make a not-human race in the first place?".

They really loved parody mode didn't they? Oh yeah... aren't the remasters supposed to include it in the western version as well?

That'd be really cools!

Top Bottom