• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Night in the Woods |OT| Come Home

Oneself

I don't know much about this game except the trailers. I'm picking it up because I like to spend money on games and it looks great. :p

did someone get the keys already?

Keep refreshing my inbox, but still nothing :^(
They did saiy it might take a bit of time, but come on...
Backed the game october 2013, yet can't seem to withstand another second of wait

BTW: thx for the OT, OP!

Pre-purchased on PSN, I've been looking forward to Night in the Woods since the Kickstarter so I'm fairly excited.
That said, is there a reason the theme would be locked? I understand the game would obviously be, but the theme?

Edit: Deleting and reinstalling the app fixed the issue.

Edit: Was in my first year of University when this was announced and I'm graduating this June, damn.

For anyone wondering about length, the devs have constantly stated in kickstarter updates that the game is packed with content, so I assume it's quite a bit longer than people are expecting.

There's also apparently a whole other game in the game.

Considering it's 7 gigs (6.9) and the trophy list is quite extensive, I'd assume it's at the very least longer than the traditional indie narrative of 3-4 hours. That said, neither are exact testament indicating length.

Crayolan

For anyone wondering about length, the devs have constantly stated in kickstarter updates that the game is packed with content, so I assume it's quite a bit longer than people are expecting.

The Wart

Has anyone received a key yet? Apparently they were supposed to go out to backers this morning.

Edit: Aaaaaand it was in my mailbox right after I posted this. Doesn't unlock until tomorrow though :(

Famassu

Has anyone received a key yet? Apparently they were supposed to go out to backers this morning.
They have, like, 3000+ codes to send and they'll have to send each and every one individually, I think, so it'll take some time.

Though not sure if they've even started sending them yet.

Yeah, the game-within-a-game kind of thing sounds like it's more than just some 5-minute mini-game and sounds more like almost having something like a whole Enter the Gungeon or Birth of Isaac type of game within the game.

Purchased this after PSX on Steam. Looking forward to playing with my girlfriend but I just got the flu....so it will probably be delayed :(

Meia

Backed at the $50 tier when it first went live, part of a lot of stuff I backed but forgot about. The buttons/zine they sent out were pretty neat though. :)

Yeah, the game-within-a-game kind of thing sounds like it's more than just some 5-minute mini-game and sounds more like almost having something like a whole Enter the Gungeon or Birth of Isaac type of game within the game.

The game within the game is called Demontower. During the extended development of Night in the Woods, it seems the devs had time to grow and polish it much more than initialy planned. Sounds like some kind of roguelike.
17h hours to go feels longer than the 3years+ we allready spend

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so freaking excited about this! It's a shame I don't have much money at the moment, but I'll try to purchase it around June. But I'll definitely replay Longest Night to get my vibes ready for this.

drac96

For some reason I thought it was unlocking tonight on PSN, but it's not until tomorrow at 8 AM for me. That's a bummer, because I have to work.

It definitely looks worth the wait though. Just a bit longer.

Famassu

Sooo...

Hello! This is for everyone who received their NA Region PS4 keys tonight!

So we just found out that Sony messed up and gave out the wrong keys! You're currently playing a build that is 2 months old which is also why it doesn't include the theme.

Also it's unlocked and playable which it shouldn't be.

There's been a general mixup happening with Sony at the moment and we are currently trying to get in touch with them to see how they're going to fix it and send out patches tomorrow.

So yea! That happened!

Our recommendation is to hang tight and wait for the new keys come in before you dive in. This build is OLD and of course, there will be spoilers if you play.

Famassu

I imagine it's easier to distribute whatever early builds/demos through digital distribution, so I imagine they've occasionally sent the most recent build for Sony for whatever reason (maybe demoing at events or presenting the game to Sony for some reason) and now Sony accidentally tied the final codes to the 2-months-old build instead of the release build.

spookytapes

Neo Member
I played through about 2 hours of the old build last night just because I could. You can tell it's an old build just because it was a bit rough around the edges and I'd occasionally come across placeholder text or art. I'll restart it today, but I've been looking forward to this for so long that the idea of poking around at an unfinished game was pretty exciting.

Anyway, even in that very unfinished & unpolished state I was having a good time with it which bodes pretty well. Excited to get home from work tonight and dive into the real thing.

Also, Re: length, at 2 hours of poking around the story felt like it was just starting to set itself up, so take that for what you will.

Ozium

Thinking about grabbing this on Steam later but am curious about reviews, even Steam Store ones, and user impressions.

noomi

Thinking about grabbing this on Steam later but am curious about reviews, even Steam Store ones, and user impressions.

This is where I stand as well, looks cool enough... but I want to hear what everyone thinks before pulling the trigger.

I just need something to play before Horizon :p

Opa-Pa

Oh man, I have the game pre ordered on PS4 and had no idea about the supplemental games. I know they're not mandatory, but I bet they add a lot to the characters. Wondering if I should try them before starting the game today...

Alastor3

Oh man, I gave the game pre ordered on PS4 and had no idea about the supplemental games. I know they're not mandatory, but I bet they add a lot to the characters. Wondering if I should try them before starting the game today...

yes! the longuest night is quite good for a freeby!

RiggyRob

Oh man, I have the game pre ordered on PS4 and had no idea about the supplemental games. I know they're not mandatory, but I bet they add a lot to the characters. Wondering if I should try them before starting the game today...

You might as well, they're not very long and you'll get a good taste of the writing style and gameplay.

Opa-Pa

Gotcha, I'll make sure to play both before the main game. Cheers.

Also I just saw this quote from Killscreen: "The charming, melancholy Night in the Woods picks up where Gone Home left off"

Man, I need this yesterday!

Top Bottom