• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC Open Beta Trailer

I've always been really curious about about his franchise. If I like this beta I'll buy the game outright. I used to be a huge bungie fan.

I’ll be playing 1080p 144hz it’s gonna be worth it!

And it’s on battle net couldn’t be happier.

It will be worth the wait no way am I playing this on PS4 again locked at 30fps.

Trace

Banned
Any changes from the console beta?

Crucible Design Lead Lars Bakken has some information on how you’ll meet new people in the PC Beta.

Lars: During the console Beta, we learned a lot from the players who entered the Crucible. Some of these learnings will be on display in the PC Beta. Our core goals haven’t changed. We still want to serve all players who love the thrill of competition with fair and fun matches. We have, however, done a bit of work under the hood.

One of our goals for Destiny 2 has been to create two different ways to challenge yourself against other players. From this point forward, to allow for more varied experiences between the playlists, matchmaking for Quickplay and Competitive will be tuned separately. Along with some other changes to the rule sets for specific game types, these are the moods we want to cultivate in the new Crucible.

Quickplay
Matchmaking times will be shorter, with less emphasis on Skill. This is the fastest route to a game, but you may face opponents outside of your comfort zone. The winning score in Control has been extended from 75 to 100 to allow for more time to play and use your abilities. Because too many matches were shorter than we expected (some Guardians weren’t even able charge their Super) we’ve extended the trigger for the Mercy rule so it will come into play less often.

Competitive
Matchmaking takes more time to introduce you to players that are closer to you in skill with a good connection. These matchmaking settings may take longer, but we feel that the quality of the gameplay experience will be worth the wait. We have also made improvements to the way we calculate your skill in Countdown to better reflect how you’ll perform against your opponents.

We always use an element of your skill rating when we match you with opponents or teammates, whether in a pre-made Fireteam or going in solo. In all cases, the average rating of the team is taken into account when looking for matches. As always, we’ll be eager to hear from you all about how this feels.

Sandbox Designer Josh Hamrick has notes on how to survive when you come under fire in the PC Beta.

Josh: First, Sandbox would like to give big thanks to everyone who played in the D2 console Beta! I can happily say that a lot of issues you all encountered are things we were tracking. I can even happilyerly say that, because of your hard work and dedication to making D2 awesome, there were a few things you reported that have now been fixed. Seriously, THANK YOU.

With the PC Beta coming up, we’ll have another chance to sample the mayhem. This will be an opportunity for you to experience a few tweaks that have been made that will help make for a more enjoyable D2 experience all around. Here’s a list of the major adjustments in the PC Beta.

FIXED: Infinite Super Glitch
Infinite Supers are all well and good until someone loses an eye.

FIXED: Warlock Glide Glitch
This bug was awesome… So awesome it hurt us a little bit to kill it. Thanks to those in the console Beta who helped us track this down.

FIXED: Infinite Grenades Glitch
Another issue found with the help of our friends in the console Beta. (Thank you!)

FIXED: Warlocks now have the same Melee Range as all other classes
With the exception of where perks directly increase their range, Warlocks will punch like the rest of us. Our PC friends will get a chance to experience a world with consistent base melee ranges. So will the rest of you, when the game launches.

TWEAKED: Globally reduced the time it takes to charge your Super
This was a big change that came directly from your feedback during the console beta. We agree it was taking a bit too long to cook up a Super.

TWEAKED: Increased Grenade Damage in PvE
Increased damage helps Grenades feel as powerful as they should facing hordes of alien combatants and, more specifically, makes the longer cooldowns more palatable. We want abilities to be slightly more rare, but worth it. In the console Beta, the “worth it” part wasn’t quite there yet.

TWEAKED: Increased Power Ammo drops in PvE
This is something we had felt internally and have been slowly tuning up over the last several weeks. The PC beta has been updated with our new values and will provide much more Power ammo in PvE than what was found before. Power ammo can also be directly farmed from all Yellow Bar Combatants. Go big, Guardians!

We know you’ll be doing everything in your power to discover shenanigans. Sandbox is optimistic that, with these big changes to the build, the PC Beta will be several steps closer to the game you will find in your hands in (less than) a month from now. We will be playing and watching right alongside you all, ready to document additional issues that you might find along the way. Happy hunting!

Arrrammis

I still feel like it's a missed opportunity that they didn't include even a small public patrol area with a few small missions and a public event or two. I was able to grab two friends and go off the beaten track in the strike, but I would still like to experience some of the exploration and spontaneous happenings that are in the full release (and were some of my favorite parts of Destiny 1).

Raven117

Ugh, Destiny 1.5
Ugh, Doesn't feel as Fun as Destiny
Ugh, not enough in the Beta
Ugh, not as good as the PC version of Destiny 1
Ugh, Field of view not wide enough
Ugh, still drops frames
Ugh, this was optimized through a potatoe
Ugh, consoles are better
Ugh, PC is better
Ugh, not enough story
Ugh, releases after consoles
Ugh...Ugh. Ugh.

Just wanted to get them all out of the way for you guys.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks on this. Im ready for some Destiny 2 baby!!!!! :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When do we get the beta codes?

Within the next couple of weeks or so. If you're not waiting on a key but in fact pre-ordered the game on Battle.net or activated an Nvidia key, then you don't need to do anything as the beta will automagically appear in the client.

wwm0nkey

Ugh, Destiny 1.5
Ugh, still drops frames
Ugh, consoles are better
Ugh, PC is better
Ugh, not enough story
Ugh...Ugh. Ugh.

Looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks on this. Im ready for some Destiny 2 baby!!!!! :D
Ugh, people complaining about people complaining even though they might have some valid criticism

Holiday

Banned
Ready for the frames, let them wash over me.
Ugh, Destiny 1.5
Ugh, still drops frames
Ugh, consoles are better
Ugh, PC is better
Ugh, not enough story
Ugh...Ugh. Ugh.

lol at this persecution complex

FinKL

Uh, if this is a PC beta trailer why is it also showing the console release date at the end?

Because it comes out on Consoles first where everyone that can't wait will buy it first. Then double dip 2 months later. I know I am

HOLLY SHIT the Destiny 2 icon just showed up on Battle net!!!!!! HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OH SHIT THERE IT IS! I like how they divided it away from the "Blizzard" games lol

CHC

Ugh, Destiny 1.5
Ugh, still drops frames
Ugh, consoles are better
Ugh, PC is better
Ugh, not enough story
Ugh...Ugh. Ugh.

That.... really doesn't seem to be the case here.

Played a lot of the beta on PS4. Just finished my new PC for Destiny ready to roll. On the insane double dipping idiot train of hype.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suppose if you preordered it from Walmart website you don't get an early beta code?

You should have been given a code that you redeem on Bungie.net as the Destiny 2 PC product page does mention beta access. Try hitting up a customer service. Once you've registered your Bungie.net key, an actual beta key will then be e-mailed to you in the near future.

Tecnniqe

Banned
5gBlIWZ.png

Mupod

SLI support pls.

Took a day off for this and Yakuza Kiwami. Not sure if I wanna preorder before I see how it runs though. I'm definitely very, very curious what Destiny PVP is like with a decent FOV, framerate and mouse aim.

Didn't get a chance to play the strike or any crucible stuff in the PS4 beta because I'm done paying for online so there's that as well.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No, it suggests that Destiny is not a Blizzard game

In the Destiny 2 on Battle.net FAQ, Blizzard openly said they were considering other Activision games. It might not happen, but I think I'd probably expect it honestly. Same for if Activision ever decides to make another IP.

Top Bottom