• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Deathwing is a very popular request, Pallytime is gonna have an orgasm on his next stream when he hears this

I wanna lean towards Deathwing perhaps. This is a hero worthy of being featured in the new HotS cinematic, so it must be good (I would hope). They wouldn't waste that on an obscure character.

Yeah.

I'm trying to flip through my head to think of any other WoW character. I don't know if Zerg growl, but the growl in the teaser is very 'dragonish' from what we've heard from WoW.

Deathwing also makes sense if they have a new cinematic in line. Deathwing is a big enough deal to warrant being in a cinematic(Like Varian and Ragnaros are.) There are no other major characters in Starcraft Lore or Diablo lore that fit that. None of the Greater Evils have 3 claws or growl like that that I can think of.

So that leaves WoW. Something that would deface Hanamura, growl, and has 3 claws. That already limits the options. It can't be a Legion demon. Can't be a class from the Horde/Alliance so it has to be a major player that's animalistic.

It has to be Deathwing.

Lady Sinestra, Deathwings former consort, has the same type of scar like on Hanamura. 3 claw mark on her chest, probably made from when they were together.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Brightwing announcer pack :eek:

I must have this. Unironically. I need it.

scoobs

Also Genji/Hanimura/Shimada Clan are all about dragons and shit, so... dragon confirmed. Genji gonna run into the biggest dragon he's ever seen.

Ok, it's a dragon from WoW 100%, it's Deathwing or they've made a giant mistake

Ketch

EDIT: er oh wait I'm swole af and 6'2 220 of sculpted physique like everyone else on GAF
Kappa

And my penis is ginormous
nokappa

Deathwing makes sense, if he came in to destroy 1.0. But if the reveal says "something sneaks around hanamura" I don't think that fits.

And my penis is ginormous
nokappa

Deathwing makes sense, if he came in to destroy 1.0. But if the reveal says "something sneaks around hanamura" I don't think that fits.

The 'sneaks' part isn't as literally being stealthy, but 'sneaks' as in 'I wonder who left this 3 claw mark on the wall and growled.'

If anything, it's a red herring, and it doesn't have the iconic 'going to stealth' sound.

scoobs

I'd be stunned if they released yet another stealth hero so quickly. I find that about as unlikely as anything.

Ketch

i'm not suggesting it's another stealth hero, just that deathwing isn't really the type to sneak around.

but if it's lost in translation I suppose i'm off the mark.

scoobs

If it is Deathwing I have a feeling he will mainly be in his human form, and transform for his ultimates and/or trait or something.

Maledict

McIntyres Zeratul leaves a bit to be desired

Their drafts suck, flat out. They don't have any understanding of the meta at all. What on earth was zeratul suppossed to do against that team? They didn't even have anyone to combo off a good vp? And it's the games biggest map, why are you drafting a ganking hero who relies on roaming?

It's like their double support, double tank Valla draft earlier. That can work, but you don't go multishot build Valla! You don't have a finisher if you do that, you have to go AA or golden arrow to make it work.

It's as if they are stuck playing the game without really understanding how it now works.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so do you reckon you need to have a seperate account to buy those bundles in US/EU?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Just did 52% team fight damage with Lili.

P.S. Probius is really annoying to play as and play against. Nice troll character, Blizz.

Rhaknar

Accounts don't carry over across regions, so if you wanna play both you have to have separate accounts

well I know stuff doesnt carry over but I can play on US with my EU account. I just dont own anything, I would have to buy again, thats what I meant.

edit: just went on the Americas server, had to do the tutorial, and it unlocked Valla and Tracer like on my EU account, so its acting like its a new account. Wonder if ill be able to buy the bundle here aswell as the EU account then (assuming you get the 100gem from loging in on both)

Edit: I see the rage is still very real lol.

New hero is gonna be Hogger.

400px-Hogger_-_full.jpg

brian!

well I know stuff doesnt carry over but I can play on US with my EU account. I just dont own anything, I would have to buy again, thats what I meant.

edit: just went on the Americas server, had to do the tutorial, and it unlocked Valla and Tracer like on my EU account, so its acting like its a new account. Wonder if ill be able to buy the bundle here aswell as the EU account then (assuming you get the 100gem from loging in on both)

Edit: I see the rage is still very real lol.

yeah i plan on doing this with an eu account when the patch drops

Rhaknar

2-4 (1-2 with both rexxar and probius) since returning. About qhat I expected from my insane ring rust to the point where im basically relearning the game and playing at work with half my attention of costumers coming in.

Fun tho, which is what matters... until I get competitive again and fun doesnt matter anymore and I burn out :3

Edit: from the few matches I played, Sonya and Lucio seemed very strong, and that new Rogue lady seemed very annoying.

Ketch

I hope it's death wing and I hope his heroic is to kill every other hero in the game at once (including your teammates)

scoobs

So I've been playing with a friend who's literally never played a MOBA before and I'm trying to slowly teach him how and this is actually more difficult than playing against master level players.

The teammates they throw on our team are so unspeakably awful that I can't actually teach him anything because our team is immediately down 3 levels in the first 5-10 minutes and just get plowed over. I guess cuz my MMR is so high they figure they gotta toss in some of the worst players imaginable to make it fair? That plus my friend, bless his heart he tries, but hes super super terrible so ya this is tough.

These are legitimately the hardest games to win of my life, its essentially impossible.

I hope it's death wing and I hope his heroic is to kill every other hero in the game at once (including your teammates)

Deathwing + Murky + Diablo + uhhhh leoric + ice block malf :p

EDIT: To actually add to this discussion, i bet we will get two character reveals on tuesday in the cinematic. Prolly genji being all spooked by Deathwing and DVA showing up to help

So I've been playing with a friend who's literally never played a MOBA before and I'm trying to slowly teach him how and this is actually more difficult than playing against master level players.

The teammates they throw on our team are so unspeakably awful that I can't actually teach him anything because our team is immediately down 3 levels in the first 5-10 minutes and just get plowed over. I guess cuz my MMR is so high they figure they gotta toss in some of the worst players imaginable to make it fair? That plus my friend, bless his heart he tries, but hes super super terrible so ya this is tough.

These are legitimately the hardest games to win of my life, its essentially impossible.

Why don't you show him the ropes in AI battles?

Maledict

The new hero is obviously Hanzo. Claw marks are clearly from his dragon ult and the growl is one of his many emo voice lines.

I have to say, that's why I thought. It fits the setting of the reveal and makes sense with the genji / hanimura theme. Plus they are really playing up the overwatch ties at the moment, and deathwing wont have the same impact ( a boss from one of the most disliked wow expansions from several years ago).

Prelude.

Well, we know Stukov is coming and Stukov has claws. He doesn't exactly growl, but he's still half-zerg.
I don't think he's iconic enough to be revealed on the 2.0 launch, though.

Ketch

Would love hanzo + some sort of headshot mechanic
Yea Hanzo would be sweet. Just make him melee assassin with QWE being arrow, scatter arrow, and sonic arrow skill shots. Then R is the dragon and D is.... uhh wall climb? Head shot maybe? 15% chance to do 300% damage with every arrow shot.

Make Q and W control like gazlowes lazer except you can still kinda move and then Sonic arrow should control just like wailing arrow except for vision.

What would his second ultimate be?

Alur

Well, we already went full toxicity with Varian and Valeera releases so close. Likely Genji will end up in that camp albeit due to deficiencies in his utility (and elusiveness) like Nova than the stealth/stunlock style. Why not ramp it up to 11 and make everyone quit QM once and for all with Hanzo and a headshot mechanic? Why not I say?

I hope they don't go that route. We already have enough annoying ass heroes for QM/bad carry picks for HL without needing another so soon. What happened to 4 or 5 supports this year?

Kioshen

Let him run wild with people around his MMR but host replay sessions with him to point out things and answer his questions. Might be a better workaround until he's solid enough to hang around. I understand his position completely.

Alur

Also not a terrible time to start a smurf that you can use for that extra 20 hero bundle. This is what I did when Milly started. I played my main and it was rough to start, so I just started a new account and we went up (or down) together. The problem is if he doesn't catch up to how to play quick enough, you're possibly putting him in an MMR range where he'll be outclassed pretty quick.

Either way if he's patient I'd wait til next week. Just like 3 more days to go now and he gets a loot box for basically every game or every other game played.

EDIT: Also wouldn't hurt to play a synergistic duo if you're playing together. Preferably two heroes that work well together and can provide a lot of utility between them, of course.

Milly79

Let him run wild with people around his MMR but host replay sessions with him to point out things and answer his questions. Might be a better workaround until he's solid enough to hang around. I understand his position completely.

Replay sessions

Apathy

So mathed it out, getting the flex bundle and just buying the other ones I want with gold (assuming they cost the same) comes out best for me

scoobs

Also not a terrible time to start a smurf that you can use for that extra 20 hero bundle. This is what I did when Milly started. I played my main and it was rough to start, so I just started a new account and we went up (or down) together. The problem is if he doesn't catch up to how to play quick enough, you're possibly putting him in an MMR range where he'll be outclassed pretty quick.

Either way if he's patient I'd wait til next week. Just like 3 more days to go now and he gets a loot box for basically every game or every other game played.

EDIT: Also wouldn't hurt to play a synergistic duo if you're playing together. Preferably two heroes that work well together and can provide a lot of utility between them, of course.
Some good ideas here, and ya I've been taking him through AI games as well. Good news is he really loves the game even though we always lose lol. It might be time to start the smurf account!

Damn this Tricked vs Expert series is epic

Some good ideas here, and ya I've been taking him through AI games as well. Good news is he really loves the game even though we always lose lol. It might be time to start the smurf account!

Damn this Tricked vs Expert series is epic

That Warhead Junction ending.

Rhaknar

is 2.0 worldwide like a wow expansion release, or 1 day later in Europe like a normal patch?

Top Bottom