• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jett Rocket II (3DS eshop - 60fps 3D) - First screens revealed

First screens here on the website: http://jettrocket.shinen.com/2/?index

60fps in 3D mode!

edit: quoting dr. wong from the other thread:

Official website open.

screen01.jpg

screen08.jpg

screen17.jpg

screen10.jpg

Looks really nice.

edit 2: the game seems to be both a 2.5D and 3D platformer (+ Waverace 3DS):

M3gO1uE.png

DaBoss

It looks like it's now a 2D platformer. :/ EDIT: GOD DAMN I'M BLIND.

It was impressive that they had a 3D platformer look like Galaxy on the Wiiware size limit. I enjoyed the first one, so I hope this one is better than the last.

Katsuragi

I still think Art of Balance is the best game that Shinen has developed so far. Not too impressed with their other games, unfortunately.

Davey Cakes

I guess the original was successful, eh? From the demo it seemed like a competent game, and more 3D platformers are refreshing.

The sequel looks like it takes the Galaxy 2 approach. Full 3D sections as well as sidescrolling ones?

DaBoss

I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!

I wouldn't want them to do that, they showed their interest in staying independent, but I do would like Nintendo to fund some of their projects.

Davey Cakes

The character design needs work but otherwise the actual screens look fun. It'd be sweet if one of Nintendo's artists could work with Shin'en.

I can't imagine what there next Wii U title will look like.... They are amazing devs. BUY THEM NINTENDO!!!
Perhaps a new FAST game? You know, to fill in the void of F-Zero.

serplux

They already develop exclusively for Nintendo. Let them keep their independence and keep on making awesome eShop games.

RM8

Dem bullshots.

Still, the first one was fun so I'm buying this one. Now we neeed FAST 3DS please.

serplux

I just don't trust it. I can see a Sony or Microsoft throwing some big money at them.... They are gonna take notice once their next Wii U projects are shown. Seriously these guys get it.... They know how t develop games.

They literally have never made a game outside of a Nintendo console, plus they get preferential treatment by Nintendo (early dev kits, eShop placement, etc.). They clearly don't seem to have an interest in other hardware.

VariantX

They're way, way higher-res than an actual 3DS screen. That's the thing.

Well its not like they're trying to fool anyone, but it wouldn't make much sense to release the shots at the 3ds resolution since most people will be looking at them on other devices.

RM8

Well its not like they're trying to fool anyone, but it wouldn't make much sense to release the shots at the 3ds resolution since most people will be looking at them on other devices.
Oh come on, I'm not bashing :p I liked the first game and will be buying this one, but actually most developers show 3DS screens at native resolution.

If this can look this good at 60fps, is it too much to ask for a locked 30fps from Mirror of Fate? Well, at least I enjoyed the demo anyway...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seriously, I can't imagine what kind of graphics they could achieve on Wii U.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
If this can look this good at 60fps, is it too much to ask for a locked 30fps from Mirror of Fate? Well, at least I enjoyed the demo anyway...
It honestly depends on the developer. Shinen are often good at working with what little they have and optimizing that to a tee.

Top Bottom