• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2, who is buying it?

nowai

Af0c.jpg

Day 1 PS4 and Day 1 PC.

I'm on board with the changes and I love the beta. No dedicated servers is a bummer, but it's something I'll have to deal with to play my favorite shooter.

rolandss

First one got stale on me quickly after the 'over promise under deliver' kicked in, though it was enjoyable for a while when playing with friends. Even though other games have it the whole thing of expanding on the story through multiple expensive DLC packs put me off, too. I'm interested but apprehensive and I'll wait for reviews and community feedback to see if it's worth picking up.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
There's nothing here that shows me I'll be getting anything vastly different than D1. Considering the lack of content that one launched with, I'd like to hear more concrete plans as to when raids are coming, new story missions, etc.

The game is just so eerily similar to the first, I can gladly wait for a sale on this one.

Karamsoul

Trying to get refund for digital purchase. Super-disappointed with PvP. 4v4 is a cop out to create smaller, symmetrical maps and not waste resources on open, emergent maps. Plus the shotty and sniper move to power weapons is fucking Trump-level bewildering.

Cruxist

Yup, all in didgital deluxe on PS4. Even if it's not as great as the first game, I'll feel comfortable with the money-time ratio I've had on both combined. Still looking forward to learning and hunting for more exotics.

Jimrpg

No not me.

I wanted to get Destiny but it's really not the game for me. I don't have enough friends to play with and I'm too busy to have a set time to play with anyone.

Secondly I'd have to put in a lot of time to level up and get good.

And finally I'd have to keep up with all the expansion packs so it feels like a really big commitment.

Skyline Owl

Neo Member
Not me.

I just finished playing the opening mission on XB1 and I was not engaged at all, I felt like I was just going through the motions. Yeah the gun play is competent and it looks fine but nothing grabbed me in the 40 or so minutes that mission took.

Then again, I didn't like the first Destiny.

Preordered.

Backstory: Felt burned by the first one, as I played 6 hours straight on day one and started to notice the repetition, waited a few weeks to see if others felt the same or if patches were incoming. Yup...so I angrily sold it shortly thereafter feeling utterly ripped off and vowed never to go back. Buying it from EB games so at least I can return it via edge card guarantee within a week if it's as unfulfilling as the first.

D2 beta felt good, really happy. Obviously never played TTK so I don't see anything familiar so it's all new to me. Feels like Halo (6).

Only concern is playing solo...I don't have gaming friends so hopefully can find a group to take a lone straggler.

Dynheart

Banned
I am 50/50 atm. I am not liking how slow feeling the game is. The other changes I can get used to, but Destiny 1 felt just right. This game feels off some how.

I'm definitely going to buy it, though to be honest I was never not going to buy it. I still hold the opinion that Destiny has the best feeling shooting this gen so far and that is what will keep me coming back to the game, if they can improve the RPG/MMO elements of it they really have something very special on their hands.

george_us

If the missions and strikes are all as consistently awesome as what's in the Beta and if there's a decent amount of content then I'm probably in day one. Those are my only two hang ups really.

Nah, I got plenty to play and I only played the first 10-20 hours of the first game before I got bored. For an MMO that's not great.

Kssio_Aug

When they announced for PC I was pretty happy and highly considering it, since most my friends plays on PC. But I was expecting them to make co-op with strangers easier (like adding a decent matchmaking), but apparently it's not the case at all. Also, I think other than the PC announcement all the news about it is the total opposite of what I'd like to see in Destiny 2. That said, at this point the game is off my list and I'll just wait for Anthem.

to have access to the Beta, i pre-ordered vanilla D2.

so it's paid for.

but I'm not a fan to the change of pace of D2; it feels more like any generic shooter with all the water poored into the wine.

barely ever got the fill my Super bar 70% of the PvP matches that I played in the Beta.
i can't even test the character's abilities in PvP because they darn meter recharge is too damn long

Not sure, probably will. I knew the dual primary loadout was bad, but had to experience how really bad it is. Paired with scarce ammo slow and also weak powers. D2 beta is not fun at all. At this stat there is no reason to buy, and the loadout won't get changed, even if the rest will.
They'll need to make another "beta" where everything is set up accordingly, cause right now this is the least fun Destiny experience I ever had...

me, but playing the beta on PS4 convinced me to wait for the PC version. the game looks better than i expected it to, i just can't hack the framerate.

really really wish there was a way to transfer character data over, as i'm sure i'll want to raid with friends on PS4 at some point, but oh well. will probably double-dip depending on how the game turns out.

Jblanks

It’s included with my white PS4 Pro bundle so have no choice. However, I will be selling my copy and the expansion pass once I do get it because I don’t want the game.
Dude so edgy.

Yea already bought it, just not the expansion pass yet; not making that mistake again.

Sulik2

I don't know now. The weapon loadout changes completely break the game imho and Bungie isn't gonna walk that major of a change back six weeks before launch. I might just cancel my preorder.

sikkinixx

Have it on order for pc and PS4. Probably going to cancel both. Changes are awful. Awesome I can have an auto rifle then switch to... another auto rifle! abilities charge slow (though they said that's fixed) moving feels slow. Abilities seem uninteresting. 4v4 does zero for me.

Looks nice but it just isn't enough with all the stuff this fall

Apt101

I'm going PC. Digital deluxe edition. I didn't build a killer system and pick up a 1440p monitor to play the new hotness on my PS4 Pro bby.

Scirrocco

Bungie burned me to badly with the first one, so I'm passing. If it gets amazing reviews I'll maybe get it on sale. But that's a big if.

Mossybrew

Preordered. Not even playing beta because I don't want to touch it until release.

Soloing Destiny 1 was super depressing.

Hmm, didn't feel that way at all. I played Destiny "solo" (of course by this I mean Strikes matched with randoms) and had a great time over many many hours.

DrZeus

I bought destiny when the taken king expansion was $10 at Meijer. I'll wait for something similar. See you in 2018 destiny 2.

Top Bottom