• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PSN/XBLA) - May 1st 2013 (Michael Biehn included?)

bdouble

Wow so interested. An open world fps with crazy systems working together and a coat of paint like that? Sign me up.

Tobor

...and that's totally cool if the content backs up the price. That's to be determined, but I'm definitely down for REAL expansion sized content. Rockstar had the right idea with the Episodes and Undead Nightmare but from what I've read they didn't sell enough to make it worth the effort. :(

On the other hand, Dragonborn was $20 and I'm sure that did well.

Dizzy-4U

So Biehn comes from the future if the song Warzone and the boxart are any indication. I hope they do it, electricity bubble and everything.

I don't even care

tumblr_m5j447753A1qcwic6.gif

Seriously. If this game were as big and expansive and as filled with content as FC3, I would gladly drop another $60.

This looks magical. I'm a little excited.
I hated Far Cry 3, but this looks wonderful. Day 1.

If Far Cry 3 bothered you on anything other than an aesthetic level I can't see why you'd be excited. This will probably play just about identically. Just with a whole bunch of tropes ripped from the 80's.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Michael Biehn was sent through time from Aliens Colonial Marines to Far Cry 3 in order to redeem himself.

...and that's totally cool if the content backs up the price. That's to be determined, but I'm definitely down for REAL expansion sized content. Rockstar had the right idea with the Episodes and Undead Nightmare but from what I've read they didn't sell enough to make it worth the effort. :(

inFamous 2: Festival of Blood was also fantastic (and sold very well). And that was a standalone expansion. I wish more devs would do that instead of trying to make you hang on to your disc when they release a big expansion several months down the line.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
"Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3."

This is possibly the greatest premise for a piece of fiction ever conceived.

friday

I love far cry 3, and this honestly is somewhat of a logical path for them to take from that game. Wonderful.

Also the real/fake April fools announcement was genius. Why has no one thought of that? Sometimes I think ubisoft is turning more and more into an EA, and then they pull some shit like this.

LiK

this is the best idea ever. looking forward to the PC version. FC3 was a gorgeous game. don't wanna lose that with the consoles.

Replicant

I am hoping against hope that there'll be a disc version complete with that awesome cover art. Something like this deserves more than just an online release.

cuilan

Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon is THE Kick-Ass Cyber Shooter taking place on a bizarre open-world island crawling with evil. Welcome to an 80’s VHS vision of the future. The year is 2007 and you are Sargent Rex Colt, a Mark IV Cyber Commando who’s fighting against a cyborg army gone rogue. Your mission: get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the world. Experience every cliché of a VHS era vision of a nuclear future, where cyborgs, blood dragons, mutants, and Michael Biehn (Terminator, Aliens, Navy Seals) collide. Playing Far Cry® 3 Blood Dragon doesn't require a copy of Far Cry® 3.

I like this reference.

http://marathongame.wikia.com/wiki/Mjolnir_Mark_IV_Cyborg

Reminds me of how Sucker Punch handled the Infamous 2 DLC with Festival of Blood. A standalone, crazy alternate universe of the base game. Got the Platinum in Far Cry 3 and I'm itching for more of the same gameplay in a new setting.

ChaosXVI

*insert various money throwing gifs*

This is a dream come true...and the fact that Michael Biehn is actually in the game, that's just fucking tops. These were the types of movies I grew up watching as a kid in the '90s, nice to see the lost sub-genre re-emerge in game form.

Never played any Far Cry games outside of a single FC2 demo. have only had passing interest in playing any of them. Only saw Terminator within the last year, a long time after seeing 2.

Will be buying this, day one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
This is now my most wanted game. And it came out of fucking no where!

Top Bottom