• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it looks like next chapter luffy and co are leaving which means zou is over. How would you guys rate it?

For me 9/10 excellent ark
-world building was top notch
-the set up for not only the next few arcs but the end game was stronger than its ever been.
-not a single character introduced this arc that i didn't like
-Jack was awesome throughout the entire arc even during his foolish demise lol
- sanji vinsmoke...enough said
Why not 10/10?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I mean, something's there, maybe MS just did a shitty cleaning job in that panel.

If it really is Kid, then the teamup with Law and Luffy is becoming more likely. Apoo seems like the kinda guy who would flake but I'm unsure about Hawkins. Kaido must really want Kid for something, otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to keep him alive.
I think Hawkins also joined Kaidou, and Kidd is in the cell because he refused to submit. Both Kaidou and Hawkins have card themes. Doffy was the joker with four card suite subordinates and associated with Kaidou. And Jack is Kaidou's right hand man (which I guess makes Kaidou the King).

Granted, everything here except Jack's name is associated with Doffy more closely than Kaidou. Even if it's wrongoing, if Hawkins determined that his chance at survival was best with Kaidou, he'd submit, based off of what little we've seen of him.

smurfx

get some go again
i can see kidd being imprisoned by kaido until he is ready to submit. this also means there could be a chance zoro and the samurais end up freeing him and getting him and his crew on their side. which means luffy could have another supernova in his alliance vs kaido. the other guys probably decided to ditch kidd since they stand a much better chance at taking out shanks if they have kaido on their side. if kidd did join luffy then it would be the second time luffy, law and kidd fought together.

So it looks like next chapter luffy and co are leaving which means zou is over. How would you guys rate it?

For me 9/10 excellent ark
-world building was top notch
-the set up for not only the next few arcs but the end game was stronger than its ever been.
-not a single character introduced this arc that i didn't like
-Jack was awesome throughout the entire arc even during his foolish demise lol
- sanji vinsmoke...enough said
Yeah I'd give this a 9/10 as well for ever reason you listed.
Only thing that's -1 from me is Jack. The hype surrounding his strength was basically shoved under the rug in a single chapter after weeks of tension.

Odd I rated the arc a 15/10 for that exact reason.
Kave im getting tired of your shit!
tumblr_mrlqw4YOZQ1qlpngvo1_400.gif

GaimeGuy

Since this is the Vs Four Emperors arc, I wonder if we're looking at something where the Emperors all begin fighting independently, like:

- Big Mom fights with the Strawhats
- Kaidou is back stabbed by the Kidd alliance
- BB pirates fights with the Revolutionaries.
- Shanks fights with ??? (weevil, maybe a squad assembled by the WG to take his crew out, with Buggy turning on the warlords/WG and joining his friend along with his Pirate dispatch organization)

GaimeGuy

I think it's becoming more apparent that the ancient civilizations may have had power over nature and used the world's creatures (beasts, sea kings, etc) to wage war against each other. Between roger and Luffy both learning about the world's history and hearing the voice of all things, Shirahoshi being one of the ancient weapons and controlling sea kings, and zoushina being around during the void century and being condemned to wander and compelled to obey commands, a pattern is starting to emerge.

It's like the Manga version of Skies of Arcadia's Gigas, almost.

GaimeGuy

oh God, it even has the pirate theme going on.

Guys, One Piece is Skies of Arcadia: The Manga

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hah. Pretty much.

I guess Luffy could hear because of Emperor Haki? Or because he's of the D line

Doubtful it's due to being a D. Otherwise Law would hear it.
Conqueror's Haki is possible... but I imagine there's something more to it.

Hah. Pretty much.

I guess Luffy could hear because of Emperor Haki? Or because he's of the D line
He can hear Zou, because of the voice of all things. Momo has something special going on that allows him to actually communicate with the elephant.

Unless I missed it somewhere down the line that conquers Haki and VoaT are intertwined.

smurfx

get some go again
I think it's becoming more apparent that the ancient civilizations may have had power over nature and used the world's creatures (beasts, sea kings, etc) to wage war against each other. Between roger and Luffy both learning about the world's history and hearing the voice of all things, Shirahoshi being one of the ancient weapons and controlling sea kings, and zoushina being around during the void century and being condemned to wander and compelled to obey commands, a pattern is starting to emerge.

It's like the Manga version of Skies of Arcadia's Gigas, almost.
ancient kingdom used nature to fight against the descendants of the heavenly dragons who had advanced technology. although i wonder who was it that invented devil fruits. i would think the ones with technology created them and the ancient kingdom developed haki to counter them.

So I'm guessing Jack's out for now and will show up for the final battle with Kaido?

Momo seems to have an ability similar to Shirahoshi's in that they're both able to listen to and command powerful beasts(although Shirahoshi's is for Sea Kings which makes her Poseidon). Could Momo be one of the three great weapons?

So I'm guessing Jack's out for now and will show up for the final battle with Kaido?

Momo seems to have an ability similar to Shirahoshi's in that they're both able to listen to and command powerful beasts(although Shirahoshi's is for Sea Kings which makes her Poseidon). Could Momo be one of the three great weapons?
Eh I'd be disappointed if all the weapons were humans.

smurfx

get some go again

well there would have to be other gigantic creatures like zou in order for him to be considered an ancient weapon. maybe there is some gigantic dragon similar to zou that momo will end up commanding.

That samurai woodblock art is amazing. Oda is so great at using alternate styles.

I wonder if Momo has any connection to an ancient weapon. Fishamn Princess could speak to the giant Sea Kings, after all.

Was that Apoo speaking to Kaidou at the end?

Hello to mister derpy eyes in the top left corner lol ^^

That's pretty accurate to what that art style actually looks like some times

I think Hawkins also joined Kaidou, and Kidd is in the cell because he refused to submit. Both Kaidou and Hawkins have card themes. Doffy was the joker with four card suite subordinates and associated with Kaidou. And Jack is Kaidou's right hand man (which I guess makes Kaidou the King).

Granted, everything here except Jack's name is associated with Doffy more closely than Kaidou. Even if it's wrongoing, if Hawkins determined that his chance at survival was best with Kaidou, he'd submit, based off of what little we've seen of him.
Very true with the probability stuff. Looking forward to seeing more on him and Apoo in general.
Since this is the Vs Four Emperors arc, I wonder if we're looking at something where the Emperors all begin fighting independently, like:

- Big Mom fights with the Strawhats
- Kaidou is back stabbed by the Kidd alliance
- BB pirates fights with the Revolutionaries.
- Shanks fights with ??? (weevil, maybe a squad assembled by the WG to take his crew out, with Buggy turning on the warlords/WG and joining his friend along with his Pirate dispatch organization)
Yeah there's no way it'll be Luffy fighting all of them. But if it's a saga then I can see it ending with him coming out on top, regardless of whether he fights them all or not.
Too many conflicts happening all over the world for Luffy to be everywhere.

Will anyone stop this senseless Elephant-on-Elephant violence?!!

Zunisha is awesome. When it stanced up and faced Jack, I was pumped.

If I'm following things correctly, Luffy can only hear Zunisha, but Momo can hear, talk with, and see through the eyes of Zunisha.
Right?

Will anyone stop this senseless Elephant-on-Elephant violence?!!

Zunisha is awesome. When it stanced up and faced Jack, I was pumped.

If I'm following things correctly, Luffy can only hear Zunisha, but Momo can hear, talk with, and see through the eyes of Zunisha.
Right?
mhmm
I wonder if Shirahoshi is the same with Sea Kings?

The position of the bunny girl in that picture was bothering me. I couldn't match the head with the body. Once I figured it out...now all I see is her just aiming her ass straight at Sanji.

Edit: Also, was it implied that Rogers could hear that voice but was also not able to communicate? Maybe this 'hearing the voice of all things' doesn't mean he can do anything about it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zunisha definitely appearing in major world history flashback down the line. Possibly as a terrifying beast subdued by the first D or something similar.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zunisha definitely appearing in major world history flashback down the line. Possibly as a terrifying beast subdued by the first D or something similar.

I think he might have more to do with the history of Wano, given that it's Momo who was able to communicate with him.

Chariot

Why subdued? One Piece is about friendship and freedom, not about oppression and slavery. The elephant is clearly intelligent, so treating it like a regular animal is just wrong.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why subdued? One Piece is about friendship and freedom, not about oppression and slavery. The elephant is clearly intelligent, so treating it like a regular animal is just wrong.
Because it committed a crime and was walking as punishment, implying that it wasn't so friendly before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom