• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I put the event code in and didn't get anything.

Slowly stopping to care ._.

Edit: Logging out and in again did the trick. Nevermind me.

Paltros

Yes, but as far as DPS goes, the tiers are considered to be Mage > Rogue > Archer in general. Future updates may change this, though.
What's the strat/build with the mage? I always feel out-DPS by rogues in raids, do you just wait for the Fire Seals to pile up before fire bursting or should I be spamming it? Is increasing the Fire Seal passive worth it?

Kuntz

Oh well, I'll try this, but depending on the gacha rolls I'll probably give up early...

edit : 1 S warrior, 1 S mage, 1 S archer and 1 A healer.

Well, it's okay.

account : Kuntz
character : Cagette

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
What's the strat/build with the mage? I always feel out-DPS by rogues in raids, do you just wait for the Fire Seals to pile up before fire bursting or should I be spamming it? Is increasing the Fire Seal passive worth it?

My ideal mage build is this:

1 point in first skill
10 points in second skill
1 point in third skill

1 point in first passive
10 points in second passive
10 points in third passive
1 point in fourth passive

1 point in second ultimate

It maximizes AOE damage which is great for PVP and dungeons. However, it is not optimal in raiding.

Visceir

Is there a way to reroll without creating a new hive account every time? And preferably not redownloading all the 300 mb data.

Edit: How do I get a guest account?

Kitoro

What should I spend my gems on? Allies?

I recommend summoning allies until you have a full team of S or greater, then focus on enhancing them to max, and spend your rubies on unlocking the second and third item slots, and buying some one of each of the three 105 ruby costume sets. Then, once your S units are all maxed, you can combine two and two together to get two SS units. Then just repeat the steps until you have a team of four SS units, and repeat the process until you have all SSS units. It's going to take lots of summons and gold, but you'll get there!

Maintenance....

When is this supposed to be live again

This is the first mobile game in a long time that I have been putting time it

Its weird because it isn't very good but its good enough that Ive been playing it. I feel like this game is right on the edge though

The team building mechanics are its strong suit. Definitely going to keep playing casually until I find something better.

garath

I recommend summoning allies until you have a full team of S or greater, then focus on enhancing them to max, and spend your rubies on unlocking the second and third item slots, and buying some one of each of the three 105 ruby costume sets. Then, once your S units are all maxed, you can combine two and two together to get two SS units. Then just repeat the steps until you have a team of four SS units, and repeat the process until you have all SSS units. It's going to take lots of summons and gold, but you'll get there!

Good suggestions on the rubies. Also worth pointing out that you should plan on pulling in bulk as you get a discount for consecutive pulls. Only 5 rubies each pull but that will add up. Pull 7 times at once and you've saved another whole pull.

I'm working on exactly this. I have 5 S ranks now and like 10 A ranks. I've been combining A ranks into S but I think I might actually start feeding my A ranks to the S ranks and maybe try to get a single SS. The only thing I'm missing is a healer. I'm still using the Wandering priest lol.

I'm actually enjoying this game a lot. The gatcha is reasonable, they give you plenty of rubies to play around with and not feel totally gimped for being f2p and there's lots to do with the raids, pvp and the different difficulty levels of the story.

I'm still only on Normal (level 21) but man, there have been some difficulty spikes.

Maintenance....

When is this supposed to be live again

This is the first mobile game in a long time that I have been putting time it

Its weird because it isn't very good but its good enough that Ive been playing it. I feel like this game is right on the edge though

The team building mechanics are its strong suit. Definitely going to keep playing casually until I find something better.

It's supposed to be up in another 1.5 hours from this post. 7am PDT.

You're pretty much on point. The actual interaction with the combat is non-existent and very shallow but it's the team building that shines. It's not about how you use your skills and such, it's about creating a team that can overcome the challenges.

draw4wild

Yes, but as far as DPS goes, the tiers are considered to be Mage > Rogue > Archer in general. Future updates may change this, though.
As of now in the top 50 for arena and labyrinth is like 80% mages with the other 20% being a mix of warriors rogues and priests. There's only like 1 or 2 archers.

I also looked at the teams for the top 10, most have like 1 SSS and 1 or 2 SS with the rest S. But there were one or two people with like 12 SSSs. Can't imagine how much of an initial investment that was

As long as they keep giving 10 rubies for mastering an ally I don't mind the seemingly low rate gacha system. Get 3 free pulls from the friends points, get them to 100 rapport in an hour, earn 30 gems for a premium pull

garath

As of now in the top 50 for arena and labyrinth is like 80% mages with the other 20% being a mix of warriors rogues and priests. There's only like 1 or 2 archers.

I also looked at the teams for the top 10, most have like 1 SSS and 1 or 2 SS with the rest S. But there were one or two people with like 12 SSSs. Can't imagine how much of an initial investment that was

Holy crap. 12 SSS? Thank you whales for paying for my free games.

Good suggestions on the rubies. Also worth pointing out that you should plan on pulling in bulk as you get a discount for consecutive pulls. Only 5 rubies each pull but that will add up. Pull 7 times at once and you've saved another whole pull.

I'm working on exactly this. I have 5 S ranks now and like 10 A ranks. I've been combining A ranks into S but I think I might actually start feeding my A ranks to the S ranks and maybe try to get a single SS. The only thing I'm missing is a healer. I'm still using the Wandering priest lol.

I'm actually enjoying this game a lot. The gatcha is reasonable, they give you plenty of rubies to play around with and not feel totally gimped for being f2p and there's lots to do with the raids, pvp and the different difficulty levels of the story.

I'm still only on Normal (level 21) but man, there have been some difficulty spikes.

It's supposed to be up in another 1.5 hours from this post. 7am PDT.

You're pretty much on point. The actual interaction with the combat is non-existent and very shallow but it's the team building that shines. It's not about how you use your skills and such, it's about creating a team that can overcome the challenges.

Yeah its just shy of being more than a typical mobile game

- I love the art (Basic and seems copied but a nice change from what i typically see) I just wish they invested further and allowed more character customization and had a different sprite for each weapon.

- Combat... ehh you kind of have to accept it as an autobattler. Yeah you get 3 skills you can manually input but its about as barebones as you can get. Plus the combat moves so fast that most of the time it makes more sense to just leave it on auto. Wouldnt mind the pace slowed down and having more variation on the MC.

- Not a fan of the same old Diablo Style loot. I would rather have loot be more significant and nuanced.

- Love the Team building. Thats the real hook for me. So much to mix and match. Its pretty fun to watch the chaos of battle and whats nice is that team performance is actually pretty easy to determine. You notice the difference instantly when swapping characters in and out and for the most part the way you build and upgrade them matters. Despite the obtuse barrage of numbers that the Diablo Style progression has.

Side note - Reminds me a lot of Grand Kinghts History except that game is way better.

Quick question

So when you have an S or above character their skills show 1/3... does that mean that their skills can level up?

Z3M0G

Quite impressive, runs great on my Galaxy S3.

But I don't like that the story dialogue auto-plays, and even if you "tab" out of the game, it keeps going... and it also auto-played through an entire mission.

Also, when sale pop-ups appear on screen, the story is still progressing behind it. :/

I need to start over now.

Quick question

So when you have an S or above character their skills show 1/3... does that mean that their skills can level up?
I think so

But I don't like that the story dialogue auto-plays, and even if you "tab" out of the game, it keeps going... I need to start over because I missed some story this way.

Also, when sale pop-ups appear on screen, the story is still progressing behind it. :/
The story is pretty throwaway IMHO
It's interesting, but not anything to write home about

so is the archer the only class that you have to play manual to get the most out of it?

The aim mechanic isn't used by the auto battler and that's a huge amount of lost DPS

garath

Man, up until recently I'd been running without a healer
Then I got an SS healer and I cried tears of pure joy

jerk :p I'm still rolling the Wandering Priest. Lol

But I don't like that the story dialogue auto-plays, and even if you "tab" out of the game, it keeps going... and it also auto-played through an entire mission.

I need to start over now.

Yeah, for a mobile game, it doesn't behave well with minimizing it. I have to force close at least once or twice a day.

so is the archer the only class that you have to play manual to get the most out of it?

The aim mechanic isn't used by the auto battler and that's a huge amount of lost DPS

I feel that the warrior can be a bit stronger if you play with skill management as one of his specials does more damage after taking and dealing damage points first, the auto command uses the skill the moment the cooldown is over.

I feel that the warrior can be a bit stronger if you play with skill management as one of his specials does more damage after taking and dealing damage points first, the auto command uses the skill the moment the cooldown is over.

There is a little bit of strategy to Warrior. I use mine to mostly buy time for my DPS to get the job done. The Shield strike is the most useful tool he has.

Rage rush is very underwhelming. The provoke skill is nice since you can boost a MC warriors defense to ridiculous levels

There is a little bit of strategy to Warrior. I use mine to mostly buy time for my DPS to get the job done. The Shield strike is the most useful tool he has.

Rage rush is very underwhelming. The provoke skill is nice since you can boost a MC warriors defense to ridiculous levels

using taunt and the shield strike move in manual is a lot better then auto for sure too, the cpu will use both back to back which is not getting the most out of then aggro and stun.

using taunt and the shield strike move in manual is a lot better then auto for sure too, the cpu will use both back to back which is not getting the most out of then aggro and stun.

I always manual during Raids or really tough fights

Timing Shield Strikes can really alter the course of a fight.

garath

They extended maintenance :( Par for the course for server issues with any game lol.

Doesn't the game give you a free A priest roll as a reward for hitting level 13? I've been using that one

I've gotten a couple of A healers but I didn't like them at all. A weak single target heal and a curse removal doesn't help as much as the group heal of the wandering priest.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
They extended maintenance :( Par for the course for server issues with any game lol.

I've gotten a couple of A healers but I didn't like them at all. A weak single target heal and a curse removal doesn't help as much as the group heal of the wandering priest.

Let go of the B rank. I haven't had a group heal since B rank and have got through the story just fine. Ranks are a pretty big deal.

garath

Let go of the B rank. I haven't had a group heal since B rank and have got through the story just fine. Ranks are a pretty big deal.

It's hard to let go. My wipes generally come from consecutive AE attacks. And the single target heal of the couple of A guys I've gotten have seemed very weak. I keep getting the same one over and over. We'll see what my next A combines give me. Fingers crossed.

Gunna second this. Between this game and FFRK I've officially become a mobile casual.

I can see where the hooks are for record keeper

But its ugly, takes forever to load(maybe my phone is too old?) and it doesn't disable the auot lock screen so I have to keep changing my phones power settings

Record Keeper is unplayable even on my 6 Plus.

Ok so im not crazy

It was really bad. I thought Mobile games were zippy and smooth by default

Why are people gushing over RK again? I mean I can see the mechanical side is nice but the extra time needed to burn through the menus and load screens.....

Man

Played record keeper and Damn man. It either doesnt run well on my phone or its just jankier overall

I took the smoothness of Dragon blaze for granted.

There is a work around by forcing your phone to render the game with it's GPU instead of the default CPU renderer that works well for most people.

As for being janky in general.... well... FFRK hasn't been down for several hours of straight maintenance so you're kind of picking your poison I guess :p Still waiting for this game to come up at all so I can try it.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I burnt out of FFRK because there was no online, no chat, no PvP, no guilds, etc... It is just a mindless singe player solo grind.

Sure the fan service is nice and it brings back memories of some great games, but it just isn't nearly as deep.

Top Bottom