• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 13 |OT| Lucky Number 13

dcll

Banned
I checked out of this show around maybe season 8 or 9, it was not good for several reasons at that point. Did it improve? I feel around season ,5 or so it peaked and was downhill

Booser

The Wayward Sisters spin off sounds so god damn boring. I'm always tempted to skip the Jodi Mills episodes every season.

Still no wild west / Sam colt prequel spin off. Sigh.

The Wayward Sisters spin off sounds so god damn boring. I'm always tempted to skip the Jodi Mills episodes every season.

Still no wild west / Sam colt prequel spin off. Sigh.
I agree with you, but our opinion is definitely in the minority here. They're fan favorites.

I really don't see why.

Kevin

Most of the better spinoff ideas would have cost a lot more money then what the CW would want to put into the show such as the Samuel Colt/Western idea. The Bobby and Rufus one would have been awesome but most of the Supernatural fan girls would have not wanted that.

Wayward Sisters is the best idea to tap into the CW tween base. It's not what most of us want but it's the safest choice for the CW and they know that.

Most of the better spinoff ideas would have cost a lot more money then what the CW would want to put into the show such as the Samuel Colt/Western idea. The Bobby and Rufus one would have been awesome but most of the Supernatural fan girls would have not wanted that.

Wayward Sisters is the best idea to tap into the CW tween base. It's not what most of us want but it's the safest choice for the CW and they know that.
The sad truth.

But at least we got a Bobby and Rufus episode the other year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I dunno, the Samuel Colt/Western thing never really appealed to me. I don't think he was a strong enough character to carry his own show.

On the other hand, Bobby and Rufus could easily carry their own show.

Platy

I dunno, the Samuel Colt/Western thing never really appealed to me. I don't think he was a strong enough character to carry his own show.

On the other hand, Bobby and Rufus could easily carry their own show.

I like spin offs that distance themselves from the show .... so for supernatural it would either be other country like the UK/Canada or another time since anywhere in the usa they already went =P

But we can all agree that the romeu and juliet with vampires was the worst possible spinoff

I no longer have a cable subscription, and my HD antenna picks up half the stations downstairs, and the other half upstairs. So CW app it is for me this year. I will be watching this weekend.

Gibbs

Ugh it was heart breaking watching Dean mourn Cas. Jack is extremely intriguing. I'm looking forward to where this goes.

Oh, and for us Cas lovers.
Looks like our angel is returning fully by Ep6, but will begin to be seen in Ep3

http://ew.com/tv/2017/10/12/supernatural-season-13-castiel-return/

Anyone watch it? How was it?

I felt for an opener it was extremely good. I felt the pacing was fine and I liked how it focused on the boys, how they are coping/mourning the loss of everyone, and how to deal with Jack.

Gibbs

Dean, you are really bad at praying.

That Dean has always been kind of a dick.
Now if Chuck returns and brings everyone back, including Crowley)return one day my son), I will be pleased. I LOVED how Dean said the Crowley part.

Anyone watch it? How was it?

It was a pretty good opener. Sets a major new threat or ripple in the status quo. Episode felt like it had a massive sense of dread and terror about it. Might have actually been one for he more intense episode of the series. Some great acting from the Boys.

Deadly

Episode was rather good. Things went as expected but that farewell to Cas was really good.

Would have been better had it not been made obvious he was coming back

PaulloDEC

I don't think I ever got past Season 6, but I'm rewatching Season 1 at the moment. I love how simple these early seasons are, and the grainy filmic visuals make it feel like a cult low-budget horror movie. It's beautiful.

Can someone give me a brief non-spoilery summary of where the show went thematically in the later seasons? I remember the early days of the heavily Christian mythology-inspired stuff, but not much beyond that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Considering we know Cas is coming back, I'm so impressed how they handled his "death" here. I mean, damn. That was emotional.

Honestly, that whole scene with Dean praying to Chuck was so well done. And the fact that he mentioned Crowley made me so happy. I really hope that the whole "Mark Sheppard not returning to Supernatural" thing is a huge fake out.

How insane would it be if we find out that Chuck was listening and he does bring everyone (or a lot of people) back?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Careful if you Google the show tonight. One of the top headlines is a big spoiler from EW for a future episode:

Kevin
is returning.

Pretty good season premiere.

Solid acting all around. The brunette angel chick was cool in that annoying but cute kind of way. I wouldn’t have mind seeing her as a recurring character for a few episodes.

Interested to see what role Jack plays from here. I know Castiele will come back eventually but don’t when so I half expected Jack to bring him back to life with a touch.

I REALLY hope they don't bring Cas back fully. Flashbacks, sure, but as an Angel...again? Enough already!

He died to Raphael, came back, died to Lucifer, came back, died to Leviathans, came back with amnesia, got his memory back, lost his grace due to Metatron, got it back, and now died to Lucifer(again...so far it's 2-0 Lucifer.) Did I miss anything?

Anyways, pretty good episode, seems like their budget got increased that intro is sick looking. I like that kid, he's so innocent like. Glad they explained why he rapidly grew too. That Metallica song at the beginning made me so happy and a little sad. One on hand I really like Metallica, but on the other hand it's typically Carry On Wayward Son in the Season Premiere, right?

Obviously Lucifer didn't kill Mary, he's a lot more sinister than that.

Have they introduced...

giphyjdxpo.gif

...yet?

Calling it now.

Cas is where every angel and demon goes after they die. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

Dean wanting Crowley back killed me.

Kevin

The Crowley shout out from Dean was really good. One of my favorite moments from the premiere. Episode was really strong.

Dynasty

Calling it now.

Cas is where every angel and demon goes after they die. It's pretty obvious if you think about it.

Yep that scene was amazing "even Crowley" made me choke up abit. Crowley getting the respect he deserves, too bad it only happened close to his death and after.

Calling it now.

What if The Void is where they end up...dun dun dunnnnnnnn! That reaper Billie talked about how no one ever comes back from The Void(except Cas, because God can do anything) so maybe Angels & Demons end up going to The Void upon death :p.

I miss Crowley so much.

Me too man, me too. But even though he's gone I'm glad at the way he went out. He went from being an enemy and slowly progressed to being a friend that would sacrifice himself to save the boys, and the world from Lucifer.

Kevin

Me too man, me too. But even though he's gone I'm glad at the way he went out. He went from being an enemy and slowly progressed to being a friend that would sacrifice himself to save the boys, and the world from Lucifer.

This all the way. Probably the best ending they could do with such a small noticed that Mark Sheppard was leaving the show. I've always wanted more acknowledgement between Crowley and the boys that at the end of the day there was an almost weird kind of friendship between them.

I enjoyed the pacing of this episode, but stopped caring overall for this series after season 10. The anniversary recap was great, Rowena was awesome, while Charlie... CHARLIEEEEEE!!! Aside from that, the stakes just kept getting as vague as the Neverending Story sequels. They have their moments, but that's all I'll give them.

I enjoyed the pacing of this episode, but stopped caring overall for this series after season 10. The anniversary recap was great, Rowena was awesome, while Charlie... CHARLIEEEEEE!!! Aside from that, the stakes just kept getting as vague as the Neverending Story sequels. They have their moments, but that's all I'll give them.

Supernatural is the world of warcraft of tv shows. The stakes become crazier and crazier each season with the threat of the world being consumed/destroyed/enslaved.

bitbydeath

Calling it now.

Look at my post on page 1 for how they handle Cas, the clue is on the poster.

Poster shows the alt rift with Sam and Dean on one side and Cas on the other, the Cas we know isn’t coming back

Anyone else notice Thurman Murman from Bad Santa?

Top Bottom