• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Morlas

Schemmel was kind of rude about it on twitter, but I trust Sabat not to steer the ship wrong since he's in charge of the dub, and yeah he acknowledged that the only context he got for Black was that he was an evil Goku so I trust that Schemmel will do a great job.

Skeeter49

I'm basing this on what I'm hearing from Xenoverse 2, but Sean's making Black sound like an edgelord. It's too gravelly to me.
He didn't know one thing about Black when he did it.
Context is everything for VA.

Video Game Dubs are historically worse than the actual Dub anyway, conditions are worse from my understanding.

Schemmel was kind of rude about it on twitter, but I trust Sabat not to steer the ship wrong since he's in charge of the dub, and yeah he acknowledged that the only context he got for Black was that he was an evil Goku so I trust that Schemmel will do a great job.
Maybe I'll watch the dub during the Goku Black arc. I really just do not feel like rewatching Super again. I can do it with HxH, but not Super. There's a sense of cocky superiority to Goku Black that's not evidenced in the original dub clips.
He didn't know one thing about Black when he did it.
Context is everything for VA.

Video Game Dubs are historically worse than the actual Dub anyway, conditions are worse from my understanding.
Was this before Black's arc was finished? When exactly did they put Black in Xenoverse? I always kind of assumed they watched the subs a bit for context.

Morlas

Maybe I'll watch the dub during the Goku Black arc. I really just do not feel like rewatching Super again. I can do it with HxH, but not Super. There's a sense of cocky superiority to Goku Black that's not evidenced in the original dub clips.

Was this before Black's arc was finished? When exactly did they put Black in Xenoverse? I always kind of assumed they watched the subs a bit for context.

I believe Sean doesn't watch ahead though i could be wrong

Skeeter49

I don't believe the arc was finished. At least for OG Black and the PQ's.

The campaign DLC is a different story, but they probably told him to be consistent to prior DLC.

for people who seriously think Hit kills Jiren, a GoD-level fighter that tanked attacks from SSSKKx20 Goku and repelled a spirit bomb by widening his eyes, why are the other universes ganging up on the vulnerable U6 and not the incredibly vulnerable 2-man strong U11?

Skeeter49

for people who seriously think Hit kills Jiren, a GoD-level fighter that tanked attacks from SSSKKx20 Goku and repelled a spirit bomb by widening his eyes, why are the other universes ganging up on the vulnerable U6 and not the incredibly vulnerable 2-man strong U11?
They're protected by Justice.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Cause they're all already out duh

caliph95

U11 still has Jiren, Toppo and Dyspo all at least God/Blue level

Zoinks!
DJlC0SY.jpg
Oh shit!

Haven't watched much of this but been seeing some thing on YouTube with a guy called Jiren..is it me or did they hire all the old amazing animators back because it looks like it's gotten a hell of a lot better.

Oh thank god. Baleman Goku Black is not how he sounds in either Japanese or Spanish so that take is just stupid.

Mercer was probably too tied up being Jotaro in the recording booth I imagine. Ok...Mercer's great as Hit, just heard a clip.

Hit's old VA said on twitter that Sabat ultimately decided to go for Mercer in the actual show.

It's on his pinned tweet.

HeroR

"Oh you two seem pretty tight"
"Time to make the donuts"

Yeah he does, Mercer is a hundred times better

Even Zamasu voice started as house of the dead quality and got better as merged when the dlc was released

Most of OG Hit’s problems were his lines since I doubt you would think Mercer would sound good talking about donuts.

HeroR

Yeah imo the voice and actor wasn't great as well and while Mercer would have shit it would have been better than xenoverse

Though likely just a direction problem

Not with the overall vocal direction Xenoverse have, or lack of. Even Frieza’s voice sounded below subpar with only Cell and Vados given an outstanding performances.

Azerare

I noticed when all the universe's were surrounding universe 11
that when it hovered over Quitela, we see just a blank space around Jiren but you hear foot steps. Invisible bugs confirmed?

caliph95

Not with the overall vocal direction Xenoverse have, or lack of. Even Frieza’s voice sounded below subpar with only Cell and Vados given an outstanding performances.
True I will be fair and say legitimately good actors didn't bring their a game due the direction and script

Ash735

Plus wasn't XV2 rushed out voice acting wise by Funi? They didn't get as much time with it unlike the first (and hopefully FighterZ).

After what they did to Magetta I have zero faith in Sabat.

Hmm, someone on kanzenshuu mentioned this video which I totally forget about

Dragon Ball Super - Saiyans Team English Sub (TRAILER)

Is it possible
112-114 is a lead up to an all Saiyan brawl/team up or both??

Also from his post

"Ultimate Survivor" singer Kiyoshi Hikawa will be appearing as himself in a "This Week's Highlight" corner in the November 12th DBS episode. (Herms98)

I don't even know what "This Week's Highlight" corner is.
He says 115 is the ultimate Saiyan showdown, so...

Rising_Hei

If Goku was 24/7 SSJ nobody new he meets would know he has base form.
Same applies to Jiren, he could just be so used to UI that he uses it all the time, while keeping his thinking for the things he needs, it could be as natural to him as breathing, so if nobody can pick any clue that he's used that because nobody has seen in live how he awakens, nobody could say anything about him being in UI.
And it sound as if UI's form isn't Goku's very own powers, when it is!

LNBL

My younger brother drew this and sent me a pic, I think it's cool as hell. I want this as a poster/wall scroll. He doesn't watch the show much so I told him how Goku has a new form now so I'm hoping he draws a new version of this to incorporate Limit Breaker / Ultra Instinct Goku. I should also try to get him to toss in those aura sparks for SS2 Goku!

TssCoMG.jpg

That is really amazing!

Magwik

Banned
If Goku was 24/7 SSJ nobody new he meets would know he has base form.
Same applies to Jiren, he could just be so used to UI that he uses it all the time, while keeping his thinking for the things he needs, it could be as natural to him as breathing, so if nobody can pick any clue that he's used that because nobody has seen in live how he awakens, nobody could say anything about him being in UI.
It should be telling enough that Goku's new movements parallel Jiren's the entire time he had UI.
BUT, Clown God was shook by Goku having it as well, so either Jiren isn't a mortal or he is just THAT strong.

Top Bottom