• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

dankir

Are they going to do a character reveal stream? Because yeah the person playing Eagle in those videos doesn't seem to know how to play KI that well :S

Of the ones you narrowed it down to, I say if you are looking for a pure Zoner, either go with Gargos or Kan-ra. That being said, Gargos is objectively easier to play than Kan-ra, as Kan-ra is HARD to win with for sure.

For a good example of Gargos, just look at any of the most recent Top 8's as many people have picked him up because of how powerful, yet relatively easy, he is to use.

Lately no one has been playing Kan-ra because of how hard you have to work with him, but there is one guy...Fubuki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZRWZsA1pM

I don't know if this is one of the Top 8's you have watched, but it is one of the most recent I've watched with Fubuki in it. Also, this one has Delta Rayquaza too, Europe's best Eyedol. Eyedol is just ridiculous.
Thanks! I only watched one set for each character (very time consuming), so more links are appreciated.

Not Sadira?
giphy.gif

Faced a Kan-Ra for like the second time EVER.

He won the first match (I was still so unfamiliar with his stuff) and he ended the match with a long ass combo into a full ultra into a missed attempt into a recapture and another ultra probably. Then he started taunting. So I won the next two matches (won the Bo3) and teabagged and taunted after winning.

This marks the first time in my life I've ever teabagged against someone where it wasn't a joke. KI really brings out the asshole in you.

Gestault

I thought his reveal trailer looked super rough, but his gameplay looks totally up-to-snuff. I was surprised their weren't more visual call-outs to Fulgore, though. I wouldn't want or expect overlap in gameplay style, but some posture/flourish movements would have made sense.

Dang, it didn't even occur to me until watching this video that I could use RAAM's heavy/light emergence as a way to deal with Fulgore's teleport.

zoodoo

Very disappointed with eagle. His animations seem unfinished, his stance is too static, his moves lack feedback. A truly unpolished character. It's obvious that they put way less effort into making him which is sad considering he was one of the most requested characters.

I'd like to know what happened. The weakest character reveal for me in the game.

.la1n

Very disappointed with eagle. His animations seem unfinished, his stance is too static, his moves lack feedback. A truly unpolished character. It's obvious that they put way less effort into making him which is sad considering he was one of the most requested characters.

I'd like to know what happened. The weakest character reveal for me in the game.

They have a new IP that I'd wager a lot of primary talent behind KI are focusing on.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???

I kind of feel the same, but obviously we need to actually play the character before judging too harshly.

This has happened before with certain characters that played and felt MUCH better in person versus trailers. For some reason IG is really bad at showing characters off in any hype inducing fashion (or maybe they just don't care), I honestly think they'd be better off not showing any gameplay before release.

Either way we'll see for ourselves how polished/fun Eagle is in 2 days.

They have a new IP that I'd wager a lot of primary talent behind KI are focusing on.
This too.

Are there any players from the EU here? I'm located in Pakistan and would love to find more people to consistently play against rather than trying to be an online warrior and just finding randoms.

I saw the gamertag exchange up there but I don't know who's still playing this game, seems like quite a few people have moved on.

Night.Ninja

Banned
Are there any players from the EU here? I'm located in Pakistan and would love to find more people to consistently play against rather than trying to be an online warrior and just finding randoms.

I saw the gamertag exchange up there but I don't know who's still playing this game, seems like quite a few people have moved on.

Join some of the Killer Instinct clubs and tournaments people are always looking for matches

NEO0MJ

I should try playing you, considering we're only a small sea away. Problem is that Tekken is taking up too much of my time. Haven't even played ARMS much 🤣

Are there any good guides to learn maya?

The definitive guide to KI.

I should try playing you, considering we're only a small sea away. Problem is that Tekken is taking up too much of my time. Haven't even played ARMS much ��
Definitely! Who do you play btw?

Feel free to add me on Xbox, gamertag is lucebuce. You can just message me directly, or PM me here. Should say beforehand, that I can only play for a week before I have to shift over to Wi-Fi temporarily. Planning on having guests staying for a month and I'll have to move all my stuff when that happens.

derFeef

Why haven't I tried Mira and Eyedol yet? They are crazy fun.
Also shouldn't I get the extra characers? I have the def. edition - I wanna try out Shin Hisako.

Why haven't I tried Mira and Eyedol yet? They are crazy fun.
Also shouldn't I get the extra characers? I have the def. edition - I wanna try out Shin Hisako.
Shin Hisako and Kilgore weren't a part of the Definitive Edition. Kilgore was even sold at double the usual price for a character but the extra money went towards the prize pools for the KI World Cup. Eagle is a part of the Definitive Edition though, they've confirmed as such.

Though the recent Dualshockers article mentioned that you get all 3 of them as part of the Definitive edition so I'm not entirely sure. Guess we'll find out when the patch drops tomorrow.

No dev Eagle breakdown before he launches?
Keits said no on twitter.

TheFawz

Rukari just put out a nice detailed breakdown of how Eagle's launch will be handled.

TLDR:
  • Eagle launches tomorrow ~9 am PDT
  • Eagle will cost $4.99 – includes Retro
  • KI:DE & Season 3 Ultra owners will get Eagle free – but may not work immediately
  • Purchasing Eagle when $4.99 is listed will result in you being charged, no matter if you own the DE/ S3 Ultra or not
  • To offset the issue, Eagle will be the free, rotating character this week
  • Shin Hisako and Kilgore will be free for DE owners (not S3 Ultra) later when the Steam version launches (as originally intended)

Rukari just put out a nice detailed breakdown of how Eagle's launch will be handled.

TLDR:
  • KI:DE & Season 3 Ultra owners will get Eagle free – but may not work immediately
  • Purchasing Eagle when $4.99 is listed will result in you being charged, no matter if you own the DE/ S3 Ultra or not
  • Shin Hisako and Kilgore will be free for DE owners (not S3 Ultra) later when the Steam version launches (as originally intended)
hell yeah great news

ReBurn

Gold Member

TLDR:

They also break down my biggest frustration with KI and stuff like this:

Why Season 3 Ultra Edition owners? Again, tying multiple offers and entitlements to a giveaway is tough given our current system, and frankly put, we have given Season 1 and 2 away in Games with Gold promotions already. We assume everyone owns those, and we can’t separate the groups of purchasers – whether free or paid.

I bought the Season 2 Ultra Edition and I've purchased the Season 3 Combo Breaker. But because they can't figure out who got part of it for free with Games With Gold I'm ineligible to get new content like Season 3 Ultra Edition owners do. I'm not buying one-off season 3 characters that other people get for free on principle. I've paid as much, or more, they have to support the game but I often feel punished for it.

TLDR:
That's awesome, means I get all the characters!

And I gotta say, the transparency and communication is so goddamn refreshing after putting up with companies like Capcpom and Namco.

derFeef

That's awesome, means I get all the characters!

And I gotta say, the transparency and communication is so goddamn refreshing after putting up with companies like Capcpom and Namco.

KI was always great in that regard. I fucking loved all the lead up to Season 1 and every character reveal stream and teases. So good. Love that game so much and I hope it will continue somehow. They just need some more budget and manpower.
The Steam version should add some new revenue and playerbase. (I just hope my stuff carries over and it's crossplay)

Gestault

I'm actually happy with the solution to question of who gets what bonus characters. Season 3 Ultra Edition owners getting Eagle but not Shin Hisako/Killgore makes total sense (I'm among those who bought all three Ultra Editions and won't be getting the latter two), especially when they spell it out:

Why Season 3 Ultra Edition owners? Again, tying multiple offers and entitlements to a giveaway is tough given our current system, and frankly put, we have given Season 1 and 2 away in Games with Gold promotions already. We assume everyone owns those, and we can't separate the groups of purchasers – whether free or paid.

Top Bottom