• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

S1kkZ

some impressions:

-music is great, sounds more like me1
-graphics look great, much sharper. the new unreal 3 engine improvements really show.
-sometimes it looks a little bit cel shaded (kaiden for example)
-facial animation is mostly shit, way to stiff and lifeless
-gunplay and movement feel much better than me2.

JambiBum

That's a really odd mechanic. I wonder what the reason is for that? They're basically stopping you from using combinations of biotics yes?

Honestly no, it got lost on the last page, but the cooldown is super fast to the point where you can combine biotics just fine. The combinations are a lot stronger now too.

Darklord

Banned
some impressions:

-graphics look great, much sharper. the new unreal 3 engine improvements really show.

Is it worse than ME2? Sure seems like it in videos.

JerkShep

I'm on Chrome and saw the banner, but I remember it being wonky with the Gears beta for firefox.

I got a dummy made and it's downloading now, so if you don't want to bother you can wait for that.

If you don't mind I'll gladly use it, I've tried creating an account of my own but have some problems still :(

rozay

Banned
That's a really odd mechanic. I wonder what the reason is for that? They're basically stopping you from using combinations of biotics yes?
There are recharge bonuses and other bonuses in the powers so it won't be anywhere near as limiting as it was in ME2 to play a caster class.

Kiraly

What place in the game does this demo take place? On a media blackout for this game, but won't know if I can resist the temptation.

rozay

Banned
What place in the game does this demo take place? On a media blackout for this game, but won't know if I can resist the temptation.
The same 2 places that they've demoed since E3-Earth (the intro to the game) and the krogan princess mission on Sur'Kesh.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If there's gonna be any sort of cue official or not I would like to be added to it as well.

GlamFM

Banned
some impressions:

My worries confirmed. Shit.

S1kkZ

finished the first part of the demo (second part i already off to a good start:
wrex!
), some more impressions:

-the game looks fucking amazing (aside from the facial animation), wow! the improvement from me2 is quite big.
-looks and feels pretty epic.
-music is fantastic.
-combat/shooting feels really good. its also harder, enemies can hit you when you are in cover.

Vire

How big is the demo? Someone could probably upload it to a filesharing site and then we all put it on a thumbdrive.

Feindflug

some impressions:

How's the frame-rate? and also does the game have motion blur/object motion blur?

Thanks in advance.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll make a new thread for the demo sharing so it doesn't clog this up, but the actual list will take awhile to go down since you have to wait for each person to fully finish.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kinda sad to hear that facial animations are bad, but i expected this from that video a few weeks ago where Vega and Shepard were fighting... :(

Hopefully ME4 on next-gen consoles wont have such a thing.

Feindflug

pretty good and solid. sometimes a bit of tearing but mostly in cutscenes.

Having better visuals with no compromises in the frame-rate is great news.

Can't wait to try the demo.

You haven't answered my question about motion blur though. :p

Ughhh, I have a previous Expertzone account, but it is no longer verified. And every goddam time I make a new one, it sends me the verify link and it just takes me to the Register page and if I click it again, it says invalid. Grrrr

Pollux

Nah that's it. Demo ends after the second area. I wish the servers were up for the multiplayer though :(

Got it. I was hoping on confirmation of Miranda being in the squad or not because if I just get an email and a cutscene like Ashely from ME2. Well, I will not be amused.

Although on my official prep for ME3 play through I've been keeping faithful to Liara.

LordAlu

Really enjoyed the demo. It looks better than ME2, other than the facial animation which is still poor. Framerate is nice and consistent during gameplay, it only drops during cutscenes (which is a little jarring but so long as it doesn't affect actual gameplay I'm not bothered). Combat feels good, although the enemies seemed to easy to me on default settings.

Overall I'm pretty happy, and it's certainly got me hyped for the full game!

Top Bottom