• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

SeanR1221

Bummer about TP link. If GameStop.com hasn't stocked him yet I doubt they will at any point today. Pretty stupid I can't get him because I was working when the preorders went up months ago.

I still don't get how bad Nintendo is at figuring out demand for these. I mean we have WALLS of Animal Crossing Amiibos everywhere, yet only two Best Buys in Miami even got MM Links to display, and they each got like 2 of them. Ridiculous.

LiK

I still don't get how bad Nintendo is at figuring out demand for these. I mean we have WALLS of Animal Crossing Amiibos everywhere, yet only two Best Buys in Miami even got MM Links to display, and they each got like 2 of them. Ridiculous.

Yea, they made way too much AC figures. No stores can get rid of them no matter how cheap they are.

Do we know what the Champion amiibos do? I don't remember anything listed from the data mining that hasn't been accounted for.

Auto recharge of skills, maybe?

We have no idea what the Champion amiibo do, my bet is they give you treasure like the other characters, with the exclusive thing being their Champion Weapons

spookyfish

Nintendo baffles me at how they completely don't understand their user-base. Awesome Animal Crossing amiibo, and a shitty game to go with it.

A huge fan base with Smash Bros, but bad at predicting demand.

Same with Zelda. "Awesome DLC! If you can find it."

RedBoot

I actually think they have a reasonable idea of demand at this point, and specifically produce around 80-90% of that expected demand in order to ensure sell-outs and desirability. Though even that still bites them in the butt sometimes, like with BOTW's line, which was extremely underproduced.

Still, everything we know about NOA's process suggests they avoid unsold product like the plague, even to the point where they may lose sales. I suspect they want to prevent something like the Animal Crossing line from happening again. So this kind of makes sense for them.

Exclusive amiibos are still bunk though, because then you have to deal with the individual quirks of Gamestop, Amazon, etc, on top of the low stock.

Juraash

So the Amiibo bug bit harder than I'd like because of Zelda. My MM Link is ready for pickup and I may have managed to get a SS Link from Amazon this morning. I had heard about some of the insanity around these things but I had managed to avoid all of it before.

MM Link was really the only must have, so as long as it's actually there when I stop by tonight I'll be content. Thank god I'm not a completionist in my collecting.

Picked up Tom Nook and Mabel at BB today for 99 cents each. Ridiculous.

inner-G

Banned
Not sure if they just came back in stock recently or what, but the BotW Link Archer and Rider are available on Gamestop's site

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing like an Amazon exclusive to spark a flame in the OT! Amazon pls

Wave 1? Fine

Wave 2? Nightmare

Wave 3? Not as bad, but still really bad

Wave 4? Okay, but not preferable

Wave 5? Easy Peasy

I don't think you remember just how bad things were for those waves!

Never forget Ness Day

You guys should really read the OP. Diggeh keeps it updated with all the info you need, including dates and retail exclusives.

It always warms my heart when someone actually remembers the first post exists

spookyfish

There were entire waves after wave 1 that I never even saw in the stores. I had preordered some, but I never saw them in the wild.

I still was only ever able to come by one Meta Knight.

BBboy20

Seems, overall, they learned with the recent batch so hopefully SKyLink will be the last remnant of their under stocking and exclusive scheming.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Omg...

Your item was canceled on 06/23/2017

My Best Buy Link didn't authorize the card for some reason... I'm just about to heard they after work. They just cancelled it today and I wasn't worried about it, so I didn't check...

Omg...

Your item was canceled on 06/23/2017

My Best Buy Link didn't authorize the card for some reason... I'm just about to heard they after work. They just cancelled it today and I wasn't worried about it, so I didn't check...

Well, they may still have it on hold. You might be good.

Juraash

Just picked up my MM Link. While I don't have a ton of these things in general, this has got to be one of the best I've seen. The sculpt is really solid and the paint (at least on mine) is nice and crisp.

Really impressed, especially since I found the BotW Zelda I snagged earlier this week to be a bit lacking.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
nice save!

Guess I gotta wait. They put my copy back for sale for people this morning, but manually re-ordered another copy that will be in July. So I guess there will be another printing.

Edit: moreso, their fullfillment center still had more, so more will probably be coming.

LiK

Guess I gotta wait. They put my copy back for sale for people this morning, but manually re-ordered another copy that will be in July. So I guess there will be another printing.

Edit: moreso, their fullfillment center still had more, so more will probably be coming.

Good to know for people who missed out.

RedBoot

There were entire waves after wave 1 that I never even saw in the stores. I had preordered some, but I never saw them in the wild.

I'm still not convinced the WW Link/Zelda 2-pack even exists. Never saw one. Could just be a CGI mockup for all I know.

Never saw the Squid Sisters in person either, though they were on Amazon for a while. I stupidly was waiting for a price drop. :p

Quite a few Smash-ers I never saw in a store either, Dedede, Meta Knight...had to import an Ike because I never saw him either.

Picked up TP Link and MM Link. Also was able to order SS Link from Amazon. Thank goodness for Wario64 and CAG. They saved me again.

My MM Link's Goron mask has a yellow blob/dot in the eye and it's bothering the heck out of me!!! I wish I could fix it!

Anyone know where I can get a Mipha amiibo besides Best Buy? I got them all except for her.
I called and they still have it in their hold area. Whew... on my way now to get it.
The EXACT same thing happened to me! My order got canceled right before the store opened and I immediately called trying to find out what happened. Best Buy didn't know why my order was cancelled because it didn't make any sense. Needless to say my Best Buy still had my amiibo in the store so they put it in the manager's office and I went over and bought it again.

We really need a Lynel amiibo. Wasn't there speculation that there is still one more unannounced BotW amiibo based on the game code or something?

Yeah, there's one more allocated "slot" in the BotW grouping of unique amiibo ID code sequences.

tbh I'm thinking it's Calamity Ganon if anything else releases. Or someone/something specific to the second DLC that hasn't been revealed yet.

Did anyone buy any of the link amiibos at the Nintendo world store in New York? Do they even have all 3? Would be a huge troll if they don't since I'll be in New York tomorrow

kunonabi

Yeah, there's one more allocated "slot" in the BotW grouping of unique amiibo ID code sequences.

tbh I'm thinking it's Calamity Ganon if anything else releases. Or someone/something specific to the second DLC that hasn't been revealed yet.

God, I hope its anything other than Calamity Ganon.

There a list of what each of the new exclusive Link amiibos give in botw?

tr1Y04C.png

Full list here - https://imgur.com/a/QWNvr#KZpCWRb

Diortem7

I'm so pissed off with Amazon about the Skyward Sword Link amiibo situation. I would have been able to get one if they hadn't pulled the Prime membership exclusivity crap.

It was the only amiibo I wasn't able to get.

Did anyone buy any of the link amiibos at the Nintendo world store in New York? Do they even have all 3? Would be a huge troll if they don't since I'll be in New York tomorrow

If it let me order more than one from Amazon was gonna get one for you since it was Prime Member exclusive =/

Hope you have better luck in NYC.

Tomita

Oh awesome, I was trying to find that imgur post earlier, Lee Chaolan. Thanks for posting!!

And yeah, seriously, the Prime bullshit sucks. :/ They pulled that crap all the time during Black Friday too, I think. Hopefully when it goes up again next time it's for everyone, not just prime users.

Oh awesome, I was trying to find that imgur post earlier, Lee Chaolan. Thanks for posting!!

And yeah, seriously, the Prime bullshit sucks. :/ They pulled that crap all the time during Black Friday too, I think. Hopefully when it goes up again next time it's for everyone, not just prime users.

Yup, no problem. It's the best source out there for the Amiibo drops without a doubt. I bookmarked it across several of my computers a while ago. lol.

Welp, I'm glad I spent my money on something else that way I won't be devastated when Corrin is prime exclusive.

FFS amazon. I guess since...it SHOULD be common Inkling girl for Splatoon 2 will be the only Amiibo I get later this year. All the amiibos I want are dead.

LiK

Don't you guys know any friends or relatives you can mooch Prime from? You can just be one of the sub-accounts and you can still get it. I'm on a sub-account myself.

Top Bottom