• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 |OT| Super Microsoft All-Star Bros for Xbox One & Windows 10

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Okay, so I'm downloading the free version off the Windows store. To get the Supreme bundle as well as S. Jago, I'm assuming I'll have to buy those through the game client? Or is there another page on the Windows Store that I'm missing?

there's a little store area in the game to buy stuff

The Flash

Banned
Okay, so I'm downloading the free version off the Windows store. To get the Supreme bundle as well as S. Jago, I'm assuming I'll have to buy those through the game client? Or is there another page on the Windows Store that I'm missing?

Game client

Gestault

For US Xbox web-store:

KI Season 3 Combo-Breaker Edition (All new characters and stages)
Get all eight Season 3 characters for 50% off! Includes 8 new fighters - Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo, Kim Wu, and Tusk! Fight On! Rash, Arbiter, Kim Wu, and Tusk available now - all other content to be released over the season.

KI Season 3 Ultra Edition (Combo Breaker PLUS early access, all classic costumes, VIP exp, KI moonbucks, etc)
The Ultimate Season 3 Bundle! Get early access to fighters! Includes 8 new fighters - including Rash from Battletoads, Arbiter from Halo, Kim Wu, and Tusk! Includes VIP Double XP Booster, 8 retro costumes, accessory sets, bonus retro character colors, and 18,000 KI Gold (limited time only). Rash, Arbiter, Kim Wu, and Tusk available now - all other content to be released over the season.

KI SUPREME EDITION (all three season's content)
The Supreme Edition gives you EVERY Killer Instinct Fighter from Season 1, 2, and 3 - a total of 25 fighters! Additionally, this pack includes ALL the content from all 3 Ultra Editions - all the costumes, accessories, 18,000 KI Gold (limited time only), VIP Double XP Boosters, bonus retro colors, Killer Instinct Classic, and Killer Instinct 2 Classic for Xbox One (ESRB: M).

bman94

Totally new

He's completely different. Pretty damn good design

21 gig's fuck!

he's completely different... just has some similar normals... that's all.

should be noted he doesn't have a story mode at all. he's purely a tournament / vs / arcade character

It is live, finally. Got both XBOX and PC downloading.

I've actually never played KI, this is gonna be my first! I got S1 from GwG, and I won a code for S3:Ultra from the KillerInstinct Twitch stream just the other night!!

Welp. Microsoft has forced my hand. It'll drive me crazy not owning this character if he's only available on a limited basis and that's it's another completely different character. I guess I'm spending $30 on Killer Instinct today...

shoreu

Welp. Microsoft has forced my hand. It'll drive me crazy not owning this character if he's only available on a limited basis and that's it's another completely different character. I guess I'm spending $30 on Killer Instinct today...

Look up some of his gameplay.

As someone whose been playing since launch he looks fun and new so I don't mind. But you have a whole new world of characters to explore he'll be back later.

Can you buy characters skins with KI Gold or are you just shit out of luck if you don't get the Ultra editions?

I believe so. I haven't used gold but I think this should be the case.

T.O.P

Banned
A friend of mine is going crazy, he can't seem to be able to download the game on W10, the store has the "download button" still greyed out for him

@NVM he restarted his pc and now it's fine :)

vg260

Can you buy characters skins with KI Gold or are you just shit out of luck if you don't get the Ultra editions?

Yeah, you can buy colors and accessories with gold or unlocking them by grinding for character XP. They'll unlock as you progress.

Jawmuncher

A friend of mine is going crazy, he can't seem to be able to download the game on W10, the store has the "download button" still greyed out for him

This is dumb but has he closed out the store completely and opened it back up? I had to do that. It wasn't refreshing right while leaving it open.

brettreyu

Amazing OT, great job!

We are trying to grow the local KI scene up here in Seattle. To that effort I run the twitter account @PNW_KI. We are at Gameworks every Tuesday, stop by for some games!

Yeah, you can buy colors and accessories with gold or unlocking them by grinding for character XP. They'll unlock as you progress.

You can? Didn't know that.

EDIT: But you still need the Ultimate edition for the Retro costumes / accessories?!

EDIT2: Okay. KI Gold is still only for early unlocks and XP boosters.

yes. skins are bound to progression. however there is exclusive costumes available only to the ultra packs.

Color 9s are available by leveling your character to 50 (cannot buy them)
Color 10s/11s are exclusive to people who buy their corresponding action figure (also cannot buy them)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

yes. skins are bound to progression. however there is exclusive costumes available only to the ultra packs.

Color 9s are available by leveling your character to 50 (cannot buy them)
Color 10s/11s are exclusive to people who buy their corresponding action figure (also cannot buy them)

@NVM he restarted his pc and now it's fine :)

lmao xD

I wont get to play until this evening when i get home from work. I pre-ordered it so it should be finished dloading by the time i get home, but im a bit jelly of you guys who get to play it earlier -_- :p

Oh btw guys, tweet out using #KISeason3 today. Its trending now, but lets keep it trending all day xD

ONE LINER
Sabrewulf
"Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill." - Blade

(Amazing OT-it has inspired me to move beyond button mashing with friends and learn a character).

NEO0MJ

Does the supreme edition include the season 1/2 costumes or do we have to buy those separate?

Wut?

It's cross buy. Period. Doesn't matter what bundle you get.

I think he means if he buys it at $ 50 whether he will have it on X1 as well. Seems like a good way for those who don't want the klassic games to save money.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
image.JPG

Dinjoralo

So, do we still not know how long the preorder bonuses will be available? I'm getting the supreme edition, but I know I won't be able to play it before the day is over.

Does the supreme edition include the season 1/2 costumes or do we have to buy those separate?

Supreme includes everything from S1, S2, S3 Ultra editions.
On XO you also get KI Classic and KI Classic 2, on PC the old games aren't included which is why the game is cheaper.

shingi70

Banned
Shingi the 70.

Guess I'll jump on the Supreme Version and Shadow Jango. I'll at least getting Shadow Jango this week since I have Quantum Break coming soon.

The Flash

Banned
I think he means if he buys it at $ 50 whether he will have it on X1 as well. Seems like a good way for those who don't want the klassic games to save money.

That is a good question. I can't test it myself because I already have the two Classic games.

khaaan

The game is free to download so once you do that you should be able to pick and choose what you want to buy

you can buy separately if you really want to... but the value of the supreme edition is ridiculous compared to the seasons... hell if you bought the 3 season combo breaker packs separately (non ultra) it would cost more than the entire package

anyone else in canada no being able to get KI on PC?

Thanks!

The Supreme edition does look like a great deal but I don't know whether I want to stick with the game long-term. On the flip side I also don't like being restricted to playing the game with one character that's going to be rotated out so that's why I'm leaning towards getting just a single combo breaker pack.

Well, decided to reinstall my KI. Just got up to "ready to start" and I have the new update. Still going to take a while.

Man, I wish I didn't have to work today.

The Flash

Banned
Thanks!

The Supreme edition does look like a great deal but I don't know whether I want to stick with the game long-term. On the flip side I also don't like being restricted to playing the game with one character that's going to be rotated out so that's why I'm leaning towards getting just a single combo breaker pack.

You can also purchase individual characters for $5 if that's more to your liking

Doikor

Windows store download complete. Now just waiting the xbox one download to finish which is currently at 12% started at the same time (both wired to the same 1gb connection). Why is xbox live always this slow?

dLMN8R

Hey everyone, if you're having any problems downloading with the Windows Store, please PM me and I can get you routed to the right people.

NEO0MJ

Looks like this is gonna take 2 hours to download. Why did I stay up until 2am?

Count yourself lucky, for me it might take 8 if not 12 hours ;_;

Supreme includes everything from S1, S2, S3 Ultra editions.
On XO you also get KI Classic and KI Classic 2, on PC the old games aren't included which is why the game is cheaper.

Supreme has every single piece of content in the game except Shadow Jago which you have to buy separately.

Thanks!

Top Bottom