• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beatmania IIDX Community Thread: Deluxe Sound Sensation

Soulflarz

Banned
rip

i largely find 550 a bit uncomfy considering how little I've played, but anything under 250 makes me die from clumped notes :p

...also am i crazy or
is this game bad at charts/difficulty numbers? I can almost pass some 5s and some 3s are a bitch at the same time.

Kumubou

rip

i largely find 550 a bit uncomfy considering how little I've played, but anything under 250 makes me die from clumped notes :p

...also am i crazy or
is this game bad at charts/difficulty numbers? I can almost pass some 5s and some 3s are a bitch at the same time.
Most IIDX players call out scroll speeds by what's called the Green Number (as it shows up in green when you're adjusting speeds in the HUD in later games) as it automatically adjusts for combinations of speed and sudden+/hidden+/lift. That wasn't added until Happy Sky CS though, so that's not going to be in the US version.

(I think there actually is a way to convert raw scroll speeds to green numbers, but I don't remember the formula and it's also screwed up by different games having different scroll speed multipliers.)

IIDX is also notorious for having goofy difficulty ratings on songs, especially on earlier releases. This is both due to songs being misrated in general and songs being loaded with "gotcha" endings where it's easier than the listed difficulty until the final couple of measures. Most of the mid to high range songs have been rerated as needed over the years, but I don't think they've ever touched anything below 6s so it can be tough sledding for newer players playing older versions.

...and if you think that's bad, try doubles. D: I've managed to find DP 10s that I can pass and 6s that I just completely flat-line, it's great (and by great I mean execrating).

Just to add: I don't know who suggested it to me but I found making use of Sudden+ to effectively shorten the play area height worked really well for me. The net result was requiring similar reaction time while slowing down the scroll speed, as the green number was not changed in the process.

This is, again, maybe not something implemented in beatmania US, but people used to do this manually by actually hanging a towel off the top edge of the screen.

Just to add: I don't know who suggested it to me but I found making use of Sudden+ to effectively shorten the play area height worked really well for me. The net result was requiring similar reaction time while slowing down the scroll speed, as the green number was not changed in the process.

This is, again, maybe not something implemented in beatmania US, but people used to do this manually by actually hanging a towel off the top edge of the screen.
same. my green number is 295-305 and i utilize sudden+ notes depending on the display type/size/distance. it also helps getting less blurry notes on some displays.

that's the best i can explain in a rush.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there a list of all the beatmania (or Bemani songs, for that matter) that have long versions? I'd check that VJ Army wiki, but I doubt they have a page dedicated to long versions of songs.

Sinobuz Soundtrack 1 announced
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73721

Long versions:
焱影(長尺)
Umbral (Extended Mix)
Music is The Answer (Club Extended Mix)
Amazing Mirage (Extended)
Beyond The Seven (Extended Mix)
Selfish Sweet (Full ver.)
#MAGiCVLGiRL_TRVP_B3VTZ(Extended Ver.)
The Commanders(Extended Mix)
Seaside Labyrinth (Long Version)
BREAK OVER(Extended VIP Mix)

No Steel Edge or Magical, but Beyond the Seven, Seaside Labyrinth, and Break Over are hype.

Yuuichi

Sinobuz Soundtrack 1 announced
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73721

Long versions:
焱影(長尺)
Umbral (Extended Mix)
Music is The Answer (Club Extended Mix)
Amazing Mirage (Extended)
Beyond The Seven (Extended Mix)
Selfish Sweet (Full ver.)
#MAGiCVLGiRL_TRVP_B3VTZ(Extended Ver.)
The Commanders(Extended Mix)
Seaside Labyrinth (Long Version)
BREAK OVER(Extended VIP Mix)

No Steel Edge or Magical, but Beyond the Seven, Seaside Labyrinth, and Break Over are hype.

Steel edge would never have been on OST1 because it's an event song; I think snail house still has rights to thier stuff?

confusedguy09

Neo Member
Most IIDX players call out scroll speeds by what's called the Green Number (as it shows up in green when you're adjusting speeds in the HUD in later games) as it automatically adjusts for combinations of speed and sudden+/hidden+/lift. That wasn't added until Happy Sky CS though, so that's not going to be in the US version.

(I think there actually is a way to convert raw scroll speeds to green numbers, but I don't remember the formula and it's also screwed up by different games having different scroll speed multipliers.)

For anyone who wants to know, the formula is

((1000-White Number) * 174) / (Song BPM * Green Number) = Hi-speed multiplier

Where the white number is the number that appears next to the green number and represents how much sudden+ covers the lanes. (0 means no sudden+ and 1000 means the entire screen is covered). Hi-speed multiplier is the real multiplier and doesn't always correspond with the value that you selected (If I remember correctly, in Lincle, 2.0 corresponds to a real multiplier of 1.75x. This has been fixed in styles Tricoro and above, however).

Round1 opens in Atlanta area this weekend
First time playing on a full IIDX machine in about a decade.

Edit:
78CO2Or.jpg
OBFUqsk.jpg

Hype out of control, son
Spent most of yesterday evening there
Going back in a few.
Fallen in love with the game all over again. The arcade experience is so damn fun.

Also gotta remember my headphones this time.
Place is loud as hell

rpmurphy

Uhhhh anyone else update jubeat plus? What on earth did they do to the markers? Like why would they do this.

Edit: oh hell it's April Fool's

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
YOU GUYS READY FOR 10 REMIXES OF RED ZONE

......Also someone get Sega &/or Namco on the phone for some Daytona &/or Ridge Racer tunes

cj_iwakura

Location test is go:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415490

Or check bemanistyle's twitter. Doesn't seem like much SUPER EUROBEAT so far.

[RENAISSANCE] AA -rebuild- / D.J.Amuro (SPH 10) BPM174
Mira / Akhuta
[DRUMSTEP & HARDCORE] Break Stasis / @Hommarju & @AkiraComplex (SPH 8) BPM 184
[HARD BASS HOUSE] Exhaust Hype / DJ Noriken (SPA 11) BPM 147
[CYBER LIQUID FUNK] Best Of Me / Maozon (SPA 10) BPM 177
Amor De Verao / かめりあ feat. ななひら (SPA 11)
Abraxas / SYUNN (SPA 11)

How easy it is to change the art on a FP7? I'm looking to buy a new one but wouldnt mind purchasing a used one if i can change art/color if the owner has a theme i dont like.

Yuuichi

How easy it is to change the art on a FP7? I'm looking to buy a new one but wouldnt mind purchasing a used one if i can change art/color if the owner has a theme i dont like.

lights except TT are easy, though I'm pretty sure DAO sells the replacement you would need for that (and I'm too lazy to double check). I haven't replaced the internal art myself, but my understanding is that it's pretty plug and play if you have hex wrenches and replacement art (i'm sure there are some psd templates laying around somewhere)

Top Bottom