• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I still haven't seen a mewtwo

Outside of the Japanese event they haven't gone live yet, and likely won't until at least September 1st, given that the four birds will be ending on the 31st of this month. They might even wait until the 2nd, given the diary entry in Pokémon Red and Blue that reveals Mewtwo escaped on September 2nd.

Edit: Oops, the diary entry was dated September 1st. So yeah, should definitely happen then.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mean to come off so negative. Should've held back for a first post. The reason I was raiding yesterday was to hit a few gyms in a popular area in hopes to get a Mewtwo invite when they go out. It will be very interesting to see the details of how that's actually going to work.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
really hope all the exclusive raid pass dose is basically just give you a password for the gym and then you can tell anyone that showed up what the password is that would solve the spoofing problem but still sort of keep it like it is now

Firemind

Yeah the nerf to rare candy and golden razz drops are kind of heartbreaking. At least revert back the golden razzes. People won't have enough to catch legendaries at some point.

Speaking of Mewtwo; did anyone catch in in Japan? How are it's stats? What "teir" is it in?
It's the best Water Pokemon and Water Pokemon counter lol

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
either that or have it so it can only give you revives or potions but never both at the same time

theres just so many ways they can go about doing these mechanics but they always choose the worst way of doing it its baffling

zulux21

How hard would it be for me to level up from 16 to the appropriate raid level to catch all of the current legendaries?

no effort at all.
if you are level 5 or above you are already high enough level to join raids to catch all of the lengedaries.

getting more levels will help you help more and likely get you a ball or two more in the after battle, but your level is almost pointless compared to finding a group to actually go raiding with.

no single trainer no matter what the level can take down any legendary.

no effort at all.
if you are level 5 or above you are already high enough level to join raids to catch all of the lengedaries.

getting more levels will help you help more and likely get you a ball or two more in the after battle, but your level is almost pointless compared to finding a group to actually go raiding with.

no single trainer no matter what the level can take down any legendary.

How long does a raid take?

How long does a raid take?

When doing legendary raids most people coordinate through programs like Discord or Facebook. Because doing so involves trusting people to be on time, legendary raids for me have 10-20 minutes of waiting tacked on before the 10 minutes that the actual raid takes. So be prepared for that!

Gonna add DPS values to my Pokemon names now. Gonna take some time but I like to do stuff like that. Unfortunately the names can't be long enough so IV, attack types and DPS is all I can put into the names :/

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

was going to go try catch articuno this weekend but might head down there instead might even be able to do both while down there its only 2 hours away

edit: pokehuntr is showing unowns as well
giphy.gif

Real talk..is there anything I can do to make my GSP put me like 50 feet in another direct? I live between 2 pokestops and a gym but I'm just barely out of reach.

Real talk..is there anything I can do to make my GSP put me like 50 feet in another direct? I live between 2 pokestops and a gym but I'm just barely out of reach.

If you're on Android there are overlay apps that allow you to manually "walk around". Couldn't tell you how safe they are, but if you're literally just using it for that I'm sure you'll be fine. iOS, as far as I can tell, has no equivalent.

If you're close enough though, you can just do what I do at my girlfriend's house: suspend the app until the GPS automatically toggles off (assuming you don't have any background apps keeping it running), then open it back up and if you're lucky while the GPS is calibrating you'll wander right over.

If you're on Android there are overlay apps that allow you to manually "walk around". Couldn't tell you how safe they are, but if you're literally just using it for that I'm sure you'll be fine. iOS, as far as I can tell, has no equivalent.

If you're close enough though, you can just do what I do at my girlfriend's house: suspend the app until the GPS automatically toggles off (assuming you don't have any background apps keeping it running), then open it back up and if you're lucky while the GPS is calibrating you'll wander right over.

Suspending the app isn't getting me further enough unfortunately.

Would using an app like BlueStackz to mimic an Android phone allow me to open Pokemon Go and use that GSP walk around app?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Definitely filling my dex out the best using incubators.

Lures are nice, but the shit I get from eggs is usually never before seen by me in the wild.

Magik

How is everyone preparing for MewTwo more specifically the match up with Focus Blast? Everything I've read so far is basically saying you will bend the knee to MewTwo as it will rip through EVERYTHING. I feel like my best strategy is build an army of Tyrannitars but that's not easy task. Every moveset variation has so many possible counters that I can't even come up with a decent strategy to prepare for it.

How is everyone preparing for MewTwo more specifically the match up with Focus Blast? Everything I've read so far is basically saying you will bend the knee to MewTwo as it will rip through EVERYTHING. I feel like my best strategy is build an army of Tyrannitars but that's not easy task. Every moveset variation has so many possible counters that I can't even come up with a decent strategy to prepare for it.

Gengar double resists Focus Blast and is one of the highest damage dealers against Mewtwo. Pinsir and Gyarados also have single resistances and are solid choices.

Welp I went down a rabbit hole about iphones and apps to let you walk anywhere in your city.

Wouldn't those necessitate you giving the app your login information, as iOS doesn't support overlay apps? If so, yeah, don't do that. That's a fast trip to a ban.

robochimp

3 Tyranitar, Scizor, Pinsir, Houndoom. The first four are 30+, the last two need some work. That should cover me for anything but focus blast.

For focus blast, bite crunch Tyranitar can stay in, I throw in Gyarados and 2 Dragonite plus Scizor and Pinsir.

Gengar double resists Focus Blast and is one of the highest damage dealers against Mewtwo. Pinsir and Gyarados also have single resistances and are solid choices.

Wouldn't those necessitate you giving the app your login information, as iOS doesn't support overlay apps? If so, yeah, don't do that. That's a fast trip to a ban.

I'm not sure how GAF handle these discussions but from my understanding this app doesn't seem to be resulting in any bans. I do have to trust the developer that made it but I have an old iPhone that I have used to download the app.

No reported bans on the subreddit since its creation and I'm only using it to walk within my city not to teleport around.

Magik

I've read that Gengar plays more of a Glass Cannon role where it deals high damage but gets absolutely wrecked quickly in the process.

I'm reading Dragonite should be a solid option as well.

I've read that Gengar plays more of a Glass Cannon role where it deals high damage but gets absolutely wrecked quickly in the process.

I'm reading Dragonite should be a solid option as well.

Against Psychic and Shadow Ball Mewtwo, for sure. Maybe Hyper Beam too. He'll hang on a bit longer against Focus Blast with the double resistance though, and if you're really lucky you'll be facing Psycho Cut as the quick move and he'll hold even better. He's a choice that might be worth dodging with here and there, so get some more hits in (like Tyranitar against Focus Blast).

And yeah, Dragonite is pretty much always solid. Even with type disadvantages Tyranitar and Dragonite are solid in pretty much every battle since they're so damn powerful.

Do you think they'll release Gen 3 this year? Because for me it's starting to get a little boring. Of course there are tons of Pokemon that I still need to level up and therefore need millions of stardust. But other than that I almost caught everything I need. I do the catching only for the stardust now. Eggs are also not exciting at all. Often I even forget to put one in since I don't even care anymore.
I need some motivation to go out looking for Pokemon. I hope we at least get some kind of event soon. Electro event would be sweet.

zulux21

Do you think they'll release Gen 3 this year? Because for me it's starting to get a little boring. Of course there are tons of Pokemon that I still need to level up and therefore need millions of stardust. But other than that I almost caught everything I need. I do the catching only for the stardust now. Eggs are also not exciting at all. Often I even forget to put one in since I don't even care anymore.
I need some motivation to go out looking for Pokemon. I hope we at least get some kind of event soon. Electro event would be sweet.

it's not beyond the realm of possibility as I think the time between launch to second gen would put gen 3 right around the new years or maybe more like vday next year... can't 100% remember.

it's not beyond the realm of possibility as I think the time between launch to second gen would put gen 3 right around the new years or maybe more like vday next year... can't 100% remember.

Question is if they will release new Pokemon during winter. But I'd take them anytime of the year.

How do raids work? I'm at a huge library with a raid Pokemon but I can't tell if other people are also fighting. How do I join in and make sure I'm not fighting by myself?

How do raids work? I'm at a huge library with a raid Pokemon but I can't tell if other people are also fighting. How do I join in and make sure I'm not fighting by myself?

Unfortunately you can't check if there are people in the lobby waiting for the raid. Only if you use your raid pass but then if there is nobody you wasted your raid pass.
Normally you just look out for people and try to find people that look like they're playing Pogo and then talk to them. If the gym is in a building however you probably won't find the people. Best to go to gyms in public places, if there are people who want to do a raid you'll see them pretty easy.
Other than that you could always do lvl 1 or maybe even 2 raids by yourself, shouldn't be that hard.

Unfortunately you can't check if there are people in the lobby waiting for the raid. Only if you use your raid pass but then if there is nobody you wasted your raid pass.
Normally you just look out for people and try to find people that look like they're playing Pogo and then talk to them. If the gym is in a building however you probably won't find the people. Best to go to gyms in public places, if there are people who want to do a raid you'll see them pretty easy.
Other than that you could always do lvl 1 or maybe even 2 raids by yourself, shouldn't be that hard.

Can I join people mid raid? And does a mon CP lowers as people attack it?

Can I join people mid raid? And does a mon CP lowers as people attack it?

You can't join people mid raid. There is a 120 second waiting period in the lobby before the raid, during that time you can still join but once the fighting started you can't.
If you come to a raid and people are already in battle you can kindly ask them and sometimes they will leave and start again so that you could joind.

What do you mean the CP lowers when people attack it? You mean during raids? The CP of a raid Pokemon stay the same during the raid but once the Pokemon is defeated it will of course be lowered to a regular level. So a Zadpos for instance will have something like 42000CP during the raid but once defeated it will go down to about 1800-1900 and then you'll be able to catch it and then if you catch it will have those 1800-1900CP (if you're lvl is lower than 20 then the raid Pokemon will have however lover CP values than that).
In regular gyms the CP of Pokemon do get lower everytime you defeat it.

Top Bottom