• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita fw 2.00 now live

Yeah this is so stupid. It doesn't matter what I'm doing I cannot get Wi-Fi Content manager to work at all.

Me too, usually don't have issues with network stuff like this. I updated, exited, rebooted, exited.

Besides that issue this update is very nice. A good 2.0 update for sure. Glad to be able to get back in Liberation and not be worried about my losing all of my save now that I can back it up from the vita.

Nice so far...

It's a start for Near, I think it could stand to be clearer still

Content Manager Assistant, at least for OSX, needs automatic updating or updating through the application

I love the email app

No real change in the browser for me, then I don't use it much. Not sure what they did with html5 but I still don't get video

Right now I'm transferring some HD movies to see what's what

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
That was a good update, the browser is infinity better, wasn't even usable before imo, online saves also great, feels so good to have my 'Everybody's Golf' save backed up online, put so many hours into that game, also being able to connect to the PC via wi-fi is great, big improvements all round.

Ran rp

OOOOH

MYYY

GOOOOD

YOU CAN ALTER THE REAR TOUCH BUTTONS FOR PSX TITLES NOW!!!11!

MGS once again playable!

You can also set the analog sticks to any button so they're usable in digital mode. This is great for games that don't natively support analog.

Gunsmithx

Just updated my Vita, nice fast and smooth. Very nice FW update so far, having the same issues some are having with auto update for saves though.

Carl

So when does the Vita turn itself on to update? I see no option to change the time for this, only turn it on/off...

CLEEK

MEGATON: you can map L2/R2 to either the left or right stick, or the front of rear touchpad in PSone games. And you can map L3/R3 as well.

No more shitty sometimes-works-sometimes-doesn't rear touchpad bollocks for me!

Jafku

This update is so good. Hopefully in the near future we can add PSOne and PSP saves to the cloud. We have plenty of space

UberTag

I want an update with more GAMEZ....seriously havent touched my Vita in a long time :/
What's your Gamertag, Juancho9? I want to add you to my Friends list and see all of the Vita games you've played on your Vita.
Oh, what's that? You don't actually own a Vita? You're trolling? You're pretending the Vita doesn't have games? You spell GAMEZ with a 'Z' to show how cool you are?
Well, don't that beat all.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Holy shit at that browser update. Good stuff.
edit: Wait, no HTML5 support? Sad but like mentioned, most likely due to game/browser-multitasking.
Of course it has HTML5 support. That score is very respectable too. It doesn't support every single feature that falls under that standard, just as is the case with any mobile device browser.

VanWinkle

Didn't know if this was already possible, but you can use the dpad/buttons with the keyboard now. It's not perfect. There's no face button for the space bar so you have to actually navigate to the space bar button, but it's something for those of us who hate trying to type on the Vita keyboard.

Carl

I updated everything. Rebooted my PC. Rebooted my Vita. Rebooted CMA. Uninstalled CMA. Reinstalled it. The thing is not working. This FW sucks. The one feature I was looking forward to doesn't even work for me.

Worked fine for me. Plugged Vita in to PC and tried to do it wired, which kicked CMA into updating. Then i just went through the instructions for wireless and worked like a charm.

Man

Of course it has HTML5 support. That score is very respectable too. It doesn't support every single feature that falls under that standard, just as is the case with any mobile device browser.
Ok cool. I'm guessing Web Workers and some heavier HTML5 features might be left out then.

Oshimai

I updated everything. Rebooted my PC. Rebooted my Vita. Rebooted CMA. Uninstalled CMA. Reinstalled it. The thing is not working. This FW sucks. The one feature I was looking forward to doesn't even work for me.

works for me :/ what's not working? is CMA not recognizing your Vita?

VanWinkle

I'm going to assume you did this, but it wasn't working for me either until I went to "Other" in CMA settings and "Rebuild database for PS Vita System". Suddenly it worked perfectly.

The only other thing I can think of is they need to be on the same Wi-Fi network.

Edit: Ya, try what VanWinkle said^; mine recognized this automatically and notified me it could take a moment as it did so.

Gintoki

PSY・S;44542254 said:
You can also set the analog sticks to any button so they're usable in digital mode. This is great for games that don't natively support analog.

This is awesome, just tried it with FF9.

Top Bottom