• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT8| ConFuchsia say beta is better

Condom

Crazy naming but the compact might have a great battery life.

I really don't get the naming of products though, aren't these people who earn thousands and thousands of dollars whose task is to think of a good, marketable name?

IronRaven

Crazy naming but the compact might have a great battery life.

I really don't get the naming of products though, aren't these people who earn thousands and thousands of dollars whose task is to think of a good, marketable name?

Compact does get the message across that it is supposed to be a smaller phone doesn't it? It might be boring and plain, but it works especially for the non-technical​ly inclined.

Spinluck

How much am I down grading going from a Nexus 6 to a Nexus 5x?

My Nexus 6 is on its last legs, and the screen finally cracked pretty badly yesterday. My charging port is also really fucked up so it has to be angled a weird way to charge. I'm ready to move on but can't really afford any other Google phone (I'm afraid of buying refurbished). I could just buy another Nexus 6 but that's boring.

I've read up on the N5x and I'm kinda worried about LG's bootloop issue as the phone ages (happened to me with my N5). I also watched some reviews that talked about how crippling the 2gbs of RAM can be and the atrocious battery life. Phone seems like it should've been released right after the N5.

I'm on Project Fi and really like it, so I'm hoping to stay on it. So, is the 5x a good choice or should I just ride it out longer for a more expensive phone later?

IronRaven

How much am I down grading going from a Nexus 6 to a Nexus 5x?

My Nexus 6 is on its last legs, and the screen finally cracked pretty badly yesterday. My charging port is also really fucked up so it has to be angled a weird way to charge. I'm ready to move on but can't really afford any other Google phone (I'm afraid of buying refurbished). I could just buy another Nexus 6 but that's boring.

I've read up on the N5x and I'm kinda worried about LG's bootloop issue as the phone ages (happened to me with my N5X). I also watched some reviews that talked about how crippling the 2gbs of RAM can be and the atrocious battery life. Phone seems like it should've been released right after the N5.

I'm on Project Fi and really like it, so I'm hoping to stay on it. So, is the 5x a good choice or should I just ride it out longer for a more expensive phone later?

You could always buy another Nexus 6 on Swappa or some other site.

Jeffrey

Sony having a normal flat glass panel is pretty compelling these days when I've tried and returned like a dozen screen protector on the s8 lol.

After weeks of owning this, the curve adds nothing besides more glare lol.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Well Jeffery, you're in luck! The S8 active is coming:

gsmarena_002.jpg

http://m.gsmarena.com/photo_of_the_..._no_dualcurved_screen_on_board-news-25143.php

Sony having a normal flat glass panel is pretty compelling these days when I've tried and returned like a dozen screen protector on the s8 lol.

After weeks of owning this, the curve adds nothing besides more glare lol.

Told you guys the curve sucks. It only makes usability worse. I could never use it consistently on a daily basis when so many better options are out. I kind of want a mate 9 now.

So, a quickie non-flagship question.

A friend wants to jump the 200-300€ android range, which one would you recommend?

Honor 6x
Xiaomi mi5
P10 lite (p8 lite?)

I myself have a Honor 6x and I'm very happy with it, but he told me he would like something closer to a 5' screen size.

ZUK Z2 or Mi 5, maybe a Mi 5s.

asdad123

Any idea if an unlocked Tmobile S8 can be used on Verizon? Might go for that B1G1 deal from Samsung with a buddy of mine but I have verizon.

Hey guys.

Question for you. So with my HTC M9 I updated to the latest OS.

Now my phone is practically a POS. There's crazy lag, apps are unresponsive and etc, etc.

Pretty it's not just me and does anyone know about a fix regarding this? Or are they working on that?

IronRaven

Hey guys.

Now my phone is practically a POS. There's crazy lag, apps are unresponsive and etc, etc.

Pretty it's not just me and does anyone know about a fix regarding this? Or are they working on that?

Have tried a factory reset? That usually helps especially after a major OS update.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Hey guys.

Factory Reset.

Is what it is in Android land when you get a big update.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thing is now that the S8/+ are waterproof idk what you're actually getting with the active other than the built in case like deal.

Jeffrey

Thing is now that the S8/+ are waterproof idk what you're actually getting with the active other than the built in case like deal.
S7 was water proof too.

I'm curious how well it sells. I don't think this trim is offered internationally.

Seems like LG is making a at&t exclusive rugged phone too.

Do constuction workers in the US only use at&t? Maybe some union deal.

The 6P has battery issues too? Well shit.

I would shop outside the Google family, but I'm trying to stick with Project Fi.

Might just have to play it safe and get another Nexus 6.

EDIT: if only the Pixel was in my range ;__;

It's well known within the 6P community, especially if you have the first wave of shipped phones. I've had the phone since launch and my battery is complete garbage. It's the reason I bought the One Plus 3T. I couldn't stand the battery life and walking around with a charger.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

I would shop outside the Google family, but I'm trying to stick with Project Fi.

You don't need a Google phone for Project Fi since you have an already activated sim.

Ty4on

Lack of LTE bands might be a deal breaker too.

Camera at least for video is actually pretty good

Yeah, missing the low frequency band where I live.

Camera seems fine, just nothing spectacular. Kinda small sensor and so-so stabilization.
A phone that isn't... you know... nothing but glass

Beats a case

Groof

Last night my 6p died at 50%. Just so you know

Top Bottom