• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III Washington Edition Announced

Endless

March 28 - PS3/Xbox 360 69,95 € - PC 54,95 €

I can only find german sources.

Assassin’s Creed III Washington Edition enthält:

• Assassin’s Creed III Spiel
• Assassin’s Creed III Download-Inhalte:

Das DLC-Paket "Ein gefährliches Geheimnis"

Das DLC-Paket "Ein gefährliches Geheimnis" enthält drei extra Missionen für den Einzelspieler-Modus. Eine Stunde zusätzliches Gameplay entführt den Spieler zu den geheimen Maya-Ruinen bis hin zu fulminanten Schlachten auf hoher See. Dabei wird ein Geheimnis bekämpft, das die Finanzierung der Revolution gefährden könnte. Im Falle des Erfolgs erhält der Spieler eine explosive Waffe als Belohnung: die Steinschlossmuskete. Außerdem enthält das Paket zwei Einzelspieler-Outfits und zwei Mehrspieler-Charaktere.

Das DLC-Paket "Die Kampferprobten"

Das DLC-Paket "Die Kampferprobten" erweitert die Assassin's Creed III Mehrspieler-Erfahrung um drei neue spielbare Charaktere und Karten. Zusätzlich enthält dieses Paket neue Individualisierungs-Objekte, Erfolge und Trophäen.

Das DLC-Paket "Die Tyrannei von König George Washington"

Das DLC-Paket "Die Tyrannei von König George Washington" lässt den Spieler eine alternative Realität erleben. "Die Tyrannei von König George Washington" ist eine völlig neue Einzelspieler-Kampagne mit einer fortwährenden Geschichte in Episodenform, die den Spieler über drei DLCs eine alternative Geschichte der Amerikanischen Revolution durchleben lässt.

n2gmedia.de | gamestrust.de

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So this is the GOTY or Complete Edition?

Pretty Strange they are releasing it this quickly, only 4 months have passed

So no more DLC for ACIII, onwards towards ACIV?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
This just the game with the Washington DLC? So, GOTY edition?
Translated :

Assassin's Creed III, Washington's Edition includes:

• Assassin's Creed III game
• Assassin's Creed III downloadable content: The DLC package "A dangerous secret" The DLC package "A dangerous secret" includes three extra missions for single player mode. One hour of additional gameplay takes players to the secret Mayan ruins to brilliant battles on the high seas. Here is a secret fighting that could jeopardize the funding of the revolution. If successful, the player receives an explosive weapon as a reward: the flintlock musket. In addition, the package includes two single player outfits and two multiplayer characters. This DLC pack "The battle-tested" the DLC pack "The battle-tested" expands the Assassin's Creed ® III multiplayer experience with three new playable characters and maps. In addition, this package includes new customization objects, achievements and trophies. This DLC pack "The tyranny of King George Washington" The DLC package "the tyranny of King George Washington" that allows players to an alternate reality. "The tyranny of King George Washington" is an entirely new single-player campaign with a continuing story in episode form, which the player can go through three DLCs an alternate history of the American Revolution.

GraveRobberX

Assassin's Creed III, Washington's Edition includes:

• Assassin's Creed III game
• Assassin's Creed III downloadable content:

The DLC package "A dangerous secret"

The DLC package "A dangerous secret" includes three extra missions for single player mode. One hour of additional gameplay takes players to the secret Mayan ruins to brilliant battles on the high seas. Here is a secret fighting that could jeopardize the funding of the revolution. If successful, the player receives an explosive weapon as a reward: the flintlock musket. In addition, the package includes two single player outfits and two multiplayer characters.

The DLC pack "The battle-hardened"

The DLC pack "The battle-tested" expands the Assassin's Creed III multiplayer experience with three new playable characters and maps. In addition, this package includes new customization objects, achievements and trophies.

The DLC pack "The tyranny of King George Washington"

The DLC pack "The tyranny of King George Washington" that allows players to an alternate reality. "The tyranny of King George Washington" is an entirely new single-player campaign with a continuing story in episode form, which the player can go through three DLCs an alternate history of the American Revolution.

Google Translated

Hystzen

Wait how much paid DLC has AC3 had,didnt this game come with a season pass that people paid for. If this is technically a GOTY somebody got ripped off with that season pass

GraveRobberX

I think it would be hella cheaper to get the Vanilla and DLC combo rather than this "Complete Edition"

donny2112

Don't they tend to do this just with the non-U.S. versions?

It includes all the DLC already released (the 3 extra mission pack, multi-player addition, and Washington tyranny).

GraveRobberX

Wait how much paid DLC has AC3 had,didnt this game come with a season pass that people paid for. If this is technically a GOTY somebody got ripped off with that season pass

Yes they did

$9.99 for that Battle Pack, you get trophies/cheevs
$9.99 for that George Washington DLC, you get trophies/cheevs
$4.99 for that 1 hour extra mission things, nothing

So Season Pass was $29.99...

I have no clue if Season Pass includes all those different retailer mission bonuses
I got Benedict Arnold free due to me buying it at Best Buy

iNvid02

ep1 of the dlc was pretty decent, its basically fantasy which means connor can
turn invisible and replaces the recruits with a pack of wolves
. if the next 2 are of similar quality/length it should add up to a pretty good ~5-6 hour dlc pack.

its probably cheaper to get the game and dlc seperately though

Wait I thought there where still more King Washington dlc? Are they canceling those are will they come out before April? also, is it legal to charge people for a season pass implying they are saving when in fact they are doing the opposite?

around 20th march and 20th april for the last 2 eps i believe

Wait I thought there where still more King Washington dlc? Are they canceling those are will they come out before April? also, is it legal to charge people for a season pass implying they are saving when in fact they are doing the opposite?
Unless I dont understand whats going on in this thread lol

kuYuri

Probably also exclusive to EU countries just like all the past SKUs that contain DLC. Wish we could get these for once.

Honestly I can recommend everyone that hasn't played this pile of turd to stay away from it. Just wait, wait untill it's a fiver, thats about all it's worth. Honestly, the game was still glitchy as hell when I played it two months past release, and there's virtually no enjoyable content. The story missions introduce new mechanics every 2 seconds, only to forget them instantly afterwards, and most missions have some sort of retarded fail condition tied to it. The assasinations are few and far in between, and the sidemissions are all dull. Honestly there's about 5 hours of worthwhile content in the entire thing, everything else is really bad filler.

There's a million collectables, the only ones worth collecting are the peg leg trinkets which unlock extra missions. Some of the other collectables unlock costumes but those costumes will glitch every cutscene, or will straight up not appear in cutscenes. Also you can waste about 4 hours slow walking through a set of unlit corridors with no enemies, or anything really. All in an effort to unlock fast travel points which are unneeded. I think the game could be finished in 6 hours or so, if you only do the story missions, which is what I think you should do if you do happen to play it.

Even if you love the story, or the previous games, which I doubt if you've held off untill now it's not worth it. The resolution of the plotline is barely there, loose ends get explained away by a line of dialogue at best, and the ending is laughably retarded. Not to mention the fact that the story goes through the most illogical contortions in an effort to place Connor in every moment of historical significance.

Seriously, this is one game you should skip regardless of dlc packaging or anything.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yes they did

$9.99 for that Battle Pack, you get trophies/cheevs
$9.99 for that George Washington DLC, you get trophies/cheevs
$4.99 for that 1 hour extra mission things, nothing

So Season Pass was $29.99...

I have no clue if Season Pass includes all those different retailer mission bonuses
I got Benedict Arnold free due to me buying it at Best Buy
There are 3 Washington episodes at $10 each. Only the first has been released so far. So everything (5 DLC packs that would normally cost $44.95) for $29.99.

Desmond has the choice of becoming Jesus or fucking the world over be unleashing Minerva from her prison and chooses the later cause he's a dumb dumb

Ok that sounds like a miserable shitshow of awful entertainment. I need to go to youtube and watch this.

I told you all before launch that this would come. It's so predictable. Ubisoft has done this with every Assassin's Creed game, except for the first. Remember Da Vinci edition?

I'll pick this up at a discounted price. Still haven't bought AC3.

gdt

The ending of ACIII was seriously godawful. I say this as someone who loved ME3 (and was more or less comfortable with the ending). Dumb shit happens....and then someone falls down and thats it. No breather, no denoument...no wrap up...no character interactions....no...no nothing really. It was like a 40 second cutscene or so. The absolute worst compared to ACII's crazy ass ending and especially Revelations MASTERFULL ending for Ezio.

Rented this and played it through on 360 with the plan to buy the GOTY version, so I'll grab this, hopefully there's a Wii U version and I can get that this time, take advantage of pad play.

Also, fuck this game's story to death. I hope to god they ditch the modern day stuff and just focus on the fun they can have with history.

Omega

Banned
The ending of ACIII was seriously godawful. I say this as someone who loved ME3 (and was more or less comfortable with the ending). Dumb shit happens....and then someone falls down and thats it. No breather, no denoument...no wrap up...no character interactions....no...no nothing really. It was like a 40 second cutscene or so. The absolute worst compared to ACII's crazy ass ending and especially Revelations MASTERFULL ending for Ezio.
kind of sounds like ME3.

ohNOitsRO

Can someone please elaborate on the hate that the AC3 ending gets?

I just keep reading "ubisoft laid a turd" without any explanations why..

doesn't sound so bad by the standards set by the series so far, or videogame standards in general.

No, it's really bad. The way they do it, say it, execute it etc., there's no drama, there's no build, you're not sitting there like awwww what's gonna happen because the scene has no appropriate music, voice acting, sensible events to build the tension up. They just say a bunch of stuff really quickly and while you're still like ".....eh?" it ends.
I'm talking about everything post crossing the bridge

Oh well, I guess that really does sound like the rest of the series haha. I guess those times, there was promise in your mind, there'd be pay off. Not only did this seem worse, it's worse because it's supposed to be that payoff that made all of it worth it.

And there was Kyd. Kyd always made the crazy stuff seem cool to me in the past games, because as nonsensical or bad it was, there was a sweet Kyd tune playing in the background to get you pumped.

iNvid02

Can someone please elaborate on the hate that the AC3 ending gets?

I just keep reading "ubisoft laid a turd" without any explanations why..

the decision the protagonist makes at the end goes against everything he supposedly believed in that was reinforced over 5 games

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
This just proves it's better to wait out on a game than buy it day one. I mean if this is a retail item then it will eventually drop in price also, worst case it'll get a Steam Sale or something similar and drop this bundle down moreso.

If next gen is anything like this, I won't buy anything day one.

Top Bottom