• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Rule 1: Don't commit sexual assault.

giphy.gif

Rule 2: Don't gaslight people you sexually assault.

giphy.gif

Rule 3: If you're a hetero guy, treat women like people.

Neoweee

Another general piece of advice that probably isn't OP worthy, but hopefully worth chiming in:

There is no "normal" in terms of relationships & dating experience. There's such a wide spread at most ages of all realms of experience, from kissing, sex, short relationships, long relationships, number of women dated, marriages, and so on, that no matter how much you may think of yourself as special or unique you probably aren't.

Yes, you should strive to experience more of the dating world if you have almost no experience, but no matter how you got to where you are, there's going to be plenty of people that have been on similar journeys. Learning to date, or learning to date more widely, or actually settling into an LTR after a time off or time dating widely, or taking a break from dating for a while-- any path that pushes you out of your comfort zone can teach you about who you are, what you want out of life, and what you offer others and gain from others.

Another general piece of advice that probably isn't OP worthy, but hopefully worth chiming in:

There is no "normal" in terms of relationships & dating experience. There's such a wide spread at most ages of all realms of experience, from kissing, sex, short relationships, long relationships, number of women dated, marriages, and so on, that no matter how much you may think of yourself as special or unique you probably aren't.

Yes, you should strive to experience more of the dating world if you have almost no experience, but no matter how you got to where you are, there's going to be plenty of people that have been on similar journeys. Learning to date, or learning to date more widely, or actually settling into an LTR after a time off or time dating widely, or taking a break from dating for a while-- any path that pushes you out of your comfort zone can teach you about who you are, what you want out of life, and what you offer others and gain from others.

There is no template for love. Not everything is normal though... mamabirding is not normal, i don't care. Mega i love you but...

Alright can't wait to go through another thread of dating OT craziness!

Girl I've gone out with a few times wants to go out again. I messed up the last time when I walked her to her bus stop. She just LOOKED like she was waiting for me to make a move for the kiss but because I've been overthinking things with her specifically I didn't do anything. She leaned in and I still didn't do anything so instead of a kiss on the lips she went for the cheek last second and got on the bus in a rush.

She texted me an hour later saying she enjoyed going out with me and that she wants to go again. I guess she likes me but it's just a little strange to me.

Salamando

Alright can't wait to go through another thread of dating OT craziness!

Girl I've gone out with a few times wants to go out again. I messed up the last time when I walked her to her bus stop. She just LOOKED like she was waiting for me to make a move for the kiss but because I've been overthinking things with her specifically I didn't do anything. She leaned in and I still didn't do anything so instead of a kiss on the lips she went for the cheek last second and got on the bus in a rush.

She texted me an hour later saying she enjoyed going out with me and that she wants to go again. I guess she likes me but it's just a little strange to me.

The only strange thing here is you've dated this lady "a few times" and haven't kissed yet. She's into you, make a move.

Leeness

I'll be here as the always single person, to share weird online dating messages with you all sometimes! Yay!

The only strange thing here is you've dated this lady "a few times" and haven't kissed yet. She's into you, make a move.
But that's why it's so strange to me. it's easy for me to be with a girl and make the first move or ask her what's up but I think its cause I've never dealt with a girl like this. She's a nice, smart, soft spoken girl as opposed to girls I've mostly dealt with where I joke and speak to a certain way which is something I tone down with this girl cause I guess I don't think I should speak to her like that? Which I guess she sees right through anyway cause she's called me a troublemaker a few times.

Fuck it though you're right. Next time we go out I'm just gonna make a move and if it lands great, But if it turns out I've been reading this situation wrongly the whoooole time, man that would suck but at least I won't be wasting any more time.

i KNOW I'm overthinking things over a girl who, not to sound like an asshole, isn't a special girl or anything, but alas I can't help it for some reason and it's been bugging me.

Mediking

I said this last Dating OT but I'll say it again.

A closed mouth never gets fed. You hafta go for it.

Nice clothes with a nice smile goes such a long way. Please don't forget this.

For those who can't summon the courage, one day you finally get tired of not actually pursuing who you like. Let that feeling drive you to change things.

But that's why it's so strange to me. it's easy for me to be with a girl and make the first move or ask her what's up but I think its cause I've never dealt with a girl like this. She's a nice, smart, soft spoken girl as opposed to girls I've mostly dealt with where I joke and speak to a certain way which is something I tone down with this girl cause I guess I don't think I should speak to her like that? Which I guess she sees right through anyway cause she's called me a troublemaker a few times.

Fuck it though you're right. Next time we go out I'm just gonna make a move and if it lands great, But if it turns out I've been reading this situation wrongly the whoooole time, man that would suck but at least I won't be wasting any more time.

i KNOW I'm overthinking things over a girl who, not to sound like an asshole, isn't a special girl or anything, but alas I can't help it for some reason and it's been bugging me.
I used to struggle with first kisses a lot, always overthinking if they were interested or when the time was right. I learned to just get that first kiss over with soon, if I liked a girl at the end of the date I'd give her a hug then I'd keep my arms around her and just go for it. Once I started doing this first kisses became so much easier, I no longer felt I needed to overthink them I just did it.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2.5 years in July. Though I'd wait a good long while before jumping into dating, but one of my best mates persuaded me to go on a lunch date with a friend of his and 'keep an open mind'...

In fact it went well, we had a good time and are going out again next week! We had loads in common (he runs an arcade!) and it was just fun and chilled out.

I have low self esteem and it's a bit surreal to meet someone who is so upfront about wanting to spend time with me. Wish me luck Gaf...

Makonero

Keep up the good dating advice. I don't post much, but I love reading the various stories and situations. Y'all have helped me become better at relationships over time, and I appreciate that more than you know.

To OT7! Here's to all the delusional folks not taking good advice! Cheers!

Ernest

Banned
Been able to narrow it down from 5 women that I've gone out with 2 to 3 times each, to one woman. Nothing wrong with the other 4, I just connected the best with the one, and she seems to feels the same about me. We're hanging all day Saturday. Wish me luck!

Blam

Here is hoping I can find me a nice one before OT8. My loins need to bear fruit.

Yeah I feel you on this one.

also update on that LDR. Lmao someone mentioned to me that they last a month or so.

Well ya called it. We mutually broke it off since we didn't want either to get too invested, and would be easier for both to stay as friends since we weren't in a close timezone.

TIME TO FIND SOMETHING MORE PHYSICAL.

For how much i date i feel like i should be higher. I should post more.

Edit. I Figured out how many dates i have been on.. fuck.

57 first dates and 100 dates all together. in calendar year 2017

TheBear

One of these I'm going to feel comfortable posting in here. But in the last 4 weeks, holy shit have I seen and done some things I would've never thought possible.

MogCakes

RIP Megalo. Hope his ban wasn't long.

I know there isn't a consensus on when to say 'I love you', but when if ever have you guys said it? My girlfriend has been pushing me to say it for a while in some subtle and not so subtle ways.

RIP Megalo. Hope his ban wasn't long.

I know there isn't a consensus on when to say 'I love you', but when if ever have you guys said it? My girlfriend has been pushing me to say it for a while in some subtle and not so subtle ways.

When did he get banned!? I think i have always been 2nd to saying love in all my major relationships and drunkenly let it slip during a fling when i was feeling shitty.

Top Bottom