• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shi- it's that guy! Mindblowing actor stuff.

Vinnie from Home and Away...

2.jpg

grew up and got a Deep South accent in True Blood

Ryan+Kwanten+and+Deborah+Ann+Woll+as+Jason+Stackhouse+and+Jessica+Hamby+on+True+Blood+Season+Four+Finale.png

Blows my mind how many well known actors were in Freaks And Geeks:

freaks-geeks.jpg

Linda Cardellini (Samantha from Grandma's Boy, ER, ton of tv)
Seth Rogen
James Franco
Jason Segel
Martin Starr
John Francis Daley (Awkward kid from Waiting)

Also Joe Flaherty (The guy that runs Happy over in Happy Gilmore)

Downhome

I'll never forget the first time I saw Sterling Holloway on The Andy Griffith Show. Seeing the man, in the flesh, who was the voice of Winnie the Pooh was mind blowing. Especially more mind blowing because the Pooh voice was essentially his real, every day, voice.

I'd post a YouTube video if I could find one, but I can't seem to be able to track it down. Here is a link to the episode on Netflix at least...

http://movies.netflix.com/WiPlayer?movieid=70156044&trkid=7882979

Martian

Bryan_Cranston_Colonel_Bryce_Saving_Private_Ryan_MITMVC_4.jpg

Soo, apperently Bryan Cranston was in Saving Private Ryan before cooking meth.
Possibly not a mindblowing fact, but it just sprung out after rewatching SPR.

Also: WTF at Wee-bey being Franklin from GTA5, I never would have guessed. Their voices dont sound all that similar to be honest. Perhaps I just need to rewatch the Wire

Leunam

Didn't he also voice Jimmy in GTAV? Nevermind, couldn't see your second picture.

Also: WTF at Wee-bey being Franklin from GTA5, I never would have guessed. Their voices dont sound all that similar to be honest. Perhaps I just need to rewatch the Wire

Late, but that's not Franklin.

-Deimos

I've never seen Malcolm in the Middle but was given a huge box set from one of my students.

It's so surrea to see Walt from Breaking Bad hamming it up in the father role.

I didn even notice at first without the moustache, but then I recognised his voice.

It's the other way around for most people, I think. Seeing Hal as the bad guy was hilarious at first, but their characters are pretty similar. Walt is basically just evil Hal.

Herne

Just noticed this one yesterday.

The KKK guy that Will Smith and Martin Lawrence mess with in Bad Boys 2:

tumblr_mb5aaspBeQ1qhei2io1_r1_500.gif

is Agent Nelson Van Alden in Boardwalk Empire (Michael Shannon).

101008michael-shannon-horiz1.jpg

500full.jpg

He is also Lynard, the white supremacist from Let's Go To Prison.

lexi

Banned
I'm not sure if this is actually common knowledge but it completely blew me away:

EhbmF7O.jpg

Inigo Montoya is Saul Berenson from Homeland.

bengraven

From the "dead actors" thread (he's not dead though):

Alan Young, "Alan" on Mr. Ed, is fucking Scrooge?! I mean, it makes all sorts of sense, they both have a similar tone, but my god, I had no clue.

My childhood was both of these shows.

AlanYoung.jpg

Top Bottom