• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Ogre Titans with that dash buff.....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Can't wait to be floating around more with Legion. Hidden compartment nerf is kind of sad though.

Edit: Also confused on XP weapons. Just apply to Frontier Defense or also to Competitive MP?

grendelrt

Look like some really good changes. I am guilty of using SMGs a lot, outside of SMG I play with LStar , Mastiff, Flatline, and R201 the most. This should help push me to use those more and try out some other stuff.

I'm perfectly fine with XP boosts being tied to payable content considering XP doesn't affect anything gameplay-wise.

Thank God for the freaking melee nerfs finally.

Hope the G2 nerf is good enough.

Lol @ another Flatline nerf, they should just delete that gun at this point.

Leave it there for people that love the obscene damage, but Im glad its being kept in check at range. Its pure RNG. Theres zero skill involved in using the thing, at least force players to put themselves at more risk when they want to roll the rng dice with the reticule on your head.

Izuna

Banned
Mozambique nerf huh... how significant is that? (tbh it was OP as FUUUUCK)

Phase nerf was SO needed. It was practically impossible to die to something that missed you and you spot it. Plus it made getting into Titans super easy since it lasted the duration of a Titanfall.

So we have those Cloak drones back in Frontier Defence? ;)

Less aim assist and nerf on SMG damage should make it easier for me to play like I did in the original. I'm excited.

So is melee not supposed to OHKO at longer range? I'm confused by this.

Hmmmmmmm

Izuna

Banned
So PS4 TitanGAF, y'all playing tomorrow? It's a day off and I may as well join the dark side :D

Still never played it with m+kb so, PC ver. not yet

So is melee not supposed to OHKO at longer range? I'm confused by this.

Melee always OHKOs, even with this change. The changes were supposed to be a overall nerf ( longer time for lunge, lunge range decrease), while helping with the feeling of inconsistency ( increase with non-lunge range).

I said gawd damn just getting matched up on such shitty teams today....

Edit: Fuck you respawn and your shitty matchmaking.

Yeah, almost a year out, it's past the point of rationalizing away now. This is either a matchmaking team lacking intelligence, or a matchmaking team lacking talent.

EDIT: Both. Definitely both. They lack both.

Seriously, this game has the dumbest mother fuckers playing it. Fucking Titan is destroying us. Just going to ignore it and not try to destroy it while it keeps killing me over and over.

I don't fucking get it.

Everybody has a anti-Titan now.

WHY IS CRASH SITE STILL IN THIS FUCKING GAME, YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING TRASH DEVELOPER?!

JFC, do you just revel in your fucking contempt for the payimg customer or what?

Nobody wants this fucking shit in rotation. Nobody! IT'S SHIT!

What, are you planning a DLC pack to make players pay to never play this worthless garbage again?

Arrrammis

WHY IS CRASH SITE STILL IN THIS FUCKING GAME, YOU WORTHLESS FUCKING TRASH DEVELOPER?!

JFC, do you just revel in your fucking contempt for the payimg customer or what?

Nobody wants this fucking shit in rotation. Nobody! IT'S SHIT!

What, are you planning a DLC pack to make players pay to never play this worthless garbage again?

XVvezRX.png
But for real, calm down. Turn off the system, log off of Gaf, and go for a walk or something. Making this kind of post does nothing positive, it just makes you look like a raging douche nozzle and makes a lot of people want to block you.

But for real, calm down. Turn off the system, log off of Gaf, and go for a walk or something. Making this kind of post does nothing positive, it just makes you look like a raging douche nozzle and makes a lot of people want to block you.

Lol cool.

Almost as many people as have stopped playing this game since release on account of retard development team decisions?

Oh, I dont know if I could get 10s of thousands of people to block me as quickly as Respawn got 10s of thousands to walk away from TitanFall 2...

Arrrammis

Welp, that situation resolved itself faster than expected.

On a different note, who wants to group up for Frontier defense on PS4 tomorrow? I have the day off so I'll be there.

Also, recently got a friend into PC gaming and I'm thinking about double dipping on TF|2, is there a group of gaffers who play together on PC? As fun as it is to play solo it's way more fun for me to group up with people for callouts and meme strats.

I've been simply waiting for Frontier Defense, PvP in every shooter sort of bores angers rustles my jimmies now

Now that it's coming back tomorrow, can't wait to play again (PC)

On a different note, who wants to group up for Frontier defense on PS4 tomorrow? I have the day off so I'll be there.

Also, recently got a friend into PC gaming and I'm thinking about double dipping on TF|2, is there a group of gaffers who play together on PC? As fun as it is to play solo it's way more fun for me to group up with people for callouts and meme strats.

I may be able to hop on at around 1-2pm CST for a couple of games. If not, 5pm would probably be the earliest.

*Reads patch notes*

Aim Assist settings have been modified for Assault Rifles and SMGs.

3ZPFFuh.gif

Phase Shift: Now has just 1 charge, but recharges faster.

4WeMI66.gif

SMG's: Medium and long damage significantly reduced.

6zdseqS.gif

G2: Reduced fire rate.

hd7rC6V.gif

Melee:
Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
Melee lunge range reduced.
Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn’t connect with the target.

b6fyd3w.gif

It's Christmas in July peeps.

Now just fix auto mantles and we are Golden.

Dez_

I should be on tomorrow morning for some horde mode action. If I see you on, I'll try to join.

VeeP

Patch updates look real good. Hopefully Repsawn has done something about those lag spikes, besides that I've been busy playing BotW and can't wait to jump back into this.

O.DOGG

I got the game about 10 days ago and I started playing MP over the weekend. I don't enjoy PVP as much as coop so this update is most welcome.

I'm still learning slide hopping, not very good at it. It always seems weird people hopping around all the time in these games.

Also, I'm mostly using SMGs so the patch notes mentioning SMG nerfs kind of worry me a bit. I guess I'll have to learn to use an AR.

You guys have any tips for a new guy?

E92 M3

Wtf, hope you guys are happy with all of these nerfs. This is why we will never have a game like MW2 again. I thought Respawn was smarter than to just nerf everything for the "sake of weapon diversity."

I want to use SMGs, why make them worse? How does that please players such as myself?

Seems like being the "loudest" member is the only way to get Respawn's attention. Damn, I'm pissed. They pulled a Bungie with these patch notes: "we fucked up these weapons, please use others."

Respawn, please tell me what's wrong with people using the guns they want whenever they want? Weapon diversity was perfectly fine since launch - people did their own thing. Why must everything be nerfed? People will cry no matter what (yes I am bitching now) - don't make the game worse for everyone that was enjoying it. I spent a lot of money because I supported your vision for TF2. A nerf-fest is the last thing I wanted.

NERFING DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN. There will be another gun that everyone uses and is considered best.

Wtf, hope you guys are happy with all of these nerfs. This is why we will never have a game like MW2 again. I thought Respawn was smarter than to just nerf everything for the "sake of weapon diversity."

I want to use SMGs, why make them worse? How does that please players such as myself?

Seems like being the "loudest" member is the only way to get Respawn's attention. Damn, I'm pissed. They pulled a Bungie with these patch notes: "we fucked up these weapons, please use others."
Yeah, not super happy with these notes. Hopefully it plays well. It seems like everyone who wanted TF1 got their wish. It's a shame because I preferred TF2 and how all guns were viable

E92 M3

Yeah, not super happy with these notes. Hopefully it plays well. It seems like everyone who wanted TF1 got their wish. It's a shame because I preferred TF2 and how all guns were viable

Yep, and I love Tf1. I've been supporting Respawn since day 1 (still love them), but why the fuck are they listening to the loudest complainers? This patch might make stop playing. It's honestly mind blowing that so many devs just resort to nerfing instead of holding on to their vision. Destiny multiplayer was literally ruined with nerfs because Bungie listened to the crybabies for years.

TheChits

Respawn, please tell me what's wrong with people using the guns they want whenever they want? Weapon diversity was perfectly fine since launch - people did their own thing. Why must everything be nerfed? People will cry no matter what (yes I am bitching now) - don't make the game worse for everyone that was enjoying it. I spent a lot of money because I supported your vision for TF2. A nerf-fest is the last thing I wanted.

NERFING DOES NOT MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN. There will be another gun that everyone uses and is considered best.

Yeah it is a bit of a bummer. Definitely enjoying the game less as time goes on due to nerfs

Scrumpert

Banned
How does this game compare to Infinite warfare. Currently i'm a massive infinite warfare player but the squeakers and try hards are beginning to get to much.

E92 M3

Yeah it is a bit of a bummer. Definitely enjoying the game less as time goes on due to nerfs

Yes, I don't know who they are trying to please with these crap nerfs.

Shortly all the guns will suck and keep getting nerfed forcing this game into whoever can kill the most gruns first wins the game.

Yep, that's how the crybabies on the internet deal with things. "wha wha wha, please nerf I got killed by it and don't want to learn from my mistakes."

I miss the old days when balance changes were difficult to make and people actually had to deal with things instead of complaining. It all started with Tone and didn't stop. Nerf this, nerf that, nerf everything! I was worried this would happen months ago.

At first, Respawn was resistant to heavy nerfs, but eventually the constant badgering got to them it seems.

Drifters

The tales of a former G2 user?

Honestly I don't think it matters to much since the weapon diversity in the game now comes down to:
- Do you like the reload animation?
- Do you hate the sound the Volt makes?

That will determine your load out.

E92 M3

The tales of a former G2 user?

Honestly I don't think it matters to much since the weapon diversity in the game now comes down to:
- Do you like the reload animation?
- Do you hate the sound the Volt makes?

That will determine your load out.

Hahah, I never liked the G2 nor Phase Shift. I've been an Alternator guy since day one. In general, I just hate nerfs - they hurt a lot of players that were enjoying the game.

Eh the SMG is till going to be fine at close to mid range which it should be. It just won't be able to outshoot R201s due to better ROF and recoil, on the other hand ARs will also have harder time hitting mobile ranged players which seems a fair trade.

Oh no the standard of weapon diversity and non shit TTK

Tbh I don't really see this changing much because other weapons were left untouched lol SMGs have a close range role as they should but TTK as a whole is largely the same. People are going to complain about the 201, Spitfire (people aren't using it like the G2 yet), and maybe the L-star next. This why I feel the HTTK mode changes should have been brought over completely.

Izuna

Banned

*chuckles*

I am happy that Respawn knows how to make their game more competitive over the mess of a release Titanfall 2 with the sentries and shit

E92 M3

*chuckles*

I am happy that Respawn knows how to make their game more competitive over the mess of a release Titanfall 2 with the sentries and shit

Eh, sentries were dumb, yeah, but overall the game was quite fun to play. TF will never be an esport. MW2 was one of the best multiplayer experiences ever and it wasn't "competitive." Respawn made a lot of nice changes, but this latest nerfbat is just unneeded.

Top Bottom