• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2017 - Magical Pyres can't melt Cold Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Anecdotal proof that Valve did right by removing flash deals from their event sales:

I'm moving to a new country (for a year or two). The flight time is 20 hours, and it's unknown when I'll next have an internet connection. I'll miss at least one, and most likely around 3 or 4, of the flash deals in GMG's Summer Sale.

I mean, it saves me money, sure. But still annoying.

Hektor

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony has a store page now:

Hells yes. I know I'm inviting trouble by saying this but I've avoided spoilers with only 2 months to go. I tread carefully on youtube and wikis. ¬_¬

Yeeeeeaaaa baby gimme all dat sweet despair.

Unfortunately I myself already got spoiled on some things thanks to YouTube recommendations.

Hope none of these were big things tho

Wok

Hobo Simulator, to be released today.

Hobo: Tough Life is a city survival RPG. You play as a homeless man and your main goal is to survive. Play with friends or with other players online and do whatever it takes to survive.

ss_a40f2297ddfd5d1698f47875089ac669a9d53ec2.1920x1080.jpg

And another Picross game, with anime graphics...

Pepper's Puzzles is a collection of logic games also known as Picross, Nonogram or Paint by Numbers.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Dishonored 2 worth $15?

It's worth a lot more.

If you enjoy stealth-action and/or "immersive sims" don't spent another minute wasting brainjuice thinking and simply hit that buy button.

That's what I would say if I knew if the port got fixed. It was a bit messy when the game launched.
Try the demo, see how your PC handles it and if the game clicks.

zkylon

zkylewd
How is that a beatem up? Looked like a turn based jrpg
Does it play like dragon's crown
idk looked like a beatem up in the other video they showed

still lame, i don't want to fight monsters, that's not what the show's about

rpg would be better idk

grrr i want a good game w

edit: grrr

It's worth a lot more.

If you enjoy stealth-action and/or "immersive sims" don't spent another minute wasting brainjuice thinking and simply hit that buy button.

That's what I would say if I knew if the port got fixed. It was a bit messy when the game launched.
Try the demo, see how your PC handles it and if the game clicks.
yeah if there's a demo for that game play it, that game can run like garbage

Uzzy

yeah cos beat em ups are a trending genre lol

looks like a ps2 movie tie-in game...

before anyone freaks out, i don't mean graphically

Beat-em-ups are cool and a massively under used genre. We've not had a good one since Dragon's Crown.

I suppose they could make it more like the show, but twenty hours of Akko fucking up magic spells and getting mocked by Diana doesn't sound that fun to me.

Hektor

idk looked like a beatem up in the other video they showed

still lame, i don't want to fight monsters, that's not what the show's about

rpg would be better idk

grrr i want a good game w

Wouldn't an RPG still be about mostly fighting monsters I think that's what you do in most rpgs

zkylon

zkylewd
watching the trailer again there's some running around in the school

maybe its got some like persona element that makes it not lame

3a59ca72-f4de-4be4-89c5-b5186eea2c1001.png

Monooboe

Hmh been thinking about removing all those Digital Homicide games from my account, well since they aren't even good for +1s anymore, so what would be the best way to find and remove them all?

EDIT, oh! removing one game removes all of them, as they seem to be part of a pack. Nice.

Regarding F2P card games, I have tried KROSMAGA: it is a very simple game, which looks really cute and the waifus are done right
Oh come one, why no link?

Thanks, will look closer at it, but reviews are mixed, some people complaining about shitty freemium model

Wok

Oh come one, why no link?

Thanks, will look closer at it, but reviews are mixed, some people complaining about shitty freemium model

I have not paid played long enough to judge the business model, which might be crappy, but the design is very cute. It is published by Ankama Games (Wakfu, Fly'N, Dofus).

Benedict

How much was it on GMG? It's $13.49 on Bundle Stars.
£9.99 and a 25% discount on that price.
If it goes back on as a flash sale it will be a 15% discount instead of 25.
It's still 9.99 but I'd like that extra discount.

Price on Bundlestars for me is 13.49 euro so almost $16.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I prefer hide & seek.

There are many things I don't understand about the world, Baneposting would be near the top of the list.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any suBject line. In the body, copy and pAste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your owN ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. PlEase give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really apPreciate thank yOu messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM inStead of in thread.
- Do not Trade keys you win ofF-site to enrich yOurself. Don't tRy to claim games you have no interest in collecting or plaYing. Don't claim games to give them tO friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minUte or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tales from the Borderlands -- MB-621B167D79DCBE3C - Taken by famfrit. 17 entrants total.

t1500992242z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So the game BoxMaker which was removed a while ago, is apparently coming back to Steam in a few days with a different App ID. Weird. https://steamdb.info/app/681720/

Hmm, the store/key sub of the original release is still "unavailable" and this new store page is almost literally identical to the previous one (a couple of screenshots have traded places and there's now partial controller support). That's not at all suspicious.

Ascheroth

2b Game of the Year, or not 2b Game of the Year.
Speaking about Tomatoes not sure if it was posted yet, but
Nvidia just released a new driver 384.94. With a fix for Nier.

[GeForce GTX 780/780 Ti][NieR:Automata]: The screen may freeze during gameplay.

No idea if the fix applies for the Pascal cards though.

Those on the fence about this game because of this issue can probably jump in now, maybe.
It's kind of comically tragic that Square needs GPU manufacturers to fix their shit. I'm not buying the "there's nothing we can do" defense when they can't even patch proper fullscreen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom